WHITE ZIM FARMERS STORM NIGERIA - SENATE IN UPROAR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell

Post by Bell »

GUV007, I'M SURE YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HIRING AN FC AND LETTING THE ZIM FARMERS COME IN TO INVEST, BUT IN CASE YOU CAN'T...

...let me list a few. (By the way I can also ask you to apply your presumed FC stance to your presumed opposition to the Zim farmers.)

1) Unlike, FC's, the Zim farmers are coming in to invest their knowledge and cash. FC's come and take the money away. And their exports would help the forex position of the country. FC's salaries drain it.

2) The ZIm farmers have a track record; the FC's beloved by the NFA are mostly journeymen. The Zim farmers would make a measurable positive difference which FC's cannot point to.

3) The FC comes and takes opportunities away from the IC's; the Zim farmers supplement the Nigerian farmers.

4) These farmers are coming to settle in Nigeria unlike mercenary FC's that are ready to jump ship a la Westerhoff and Bonfrere, or remain in Manchester a la Robson.

5) Agriculture is critical to the country; by comparison soccer is a trivial pursuit.

6) When the NFA advertises for the job, they say Nigerians need not apply. No such internal discrimination exists in the case of the coming of the Zims. They'll have their opportunities as Nigerians have theirs.

I hope these few would make the differences a little bit more clear to you.
Bell