Passion for Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Passion for Eagles

Post by Ugbowo »

You know....there was a time when Nigeria having 1 point out of 6 will cause non stop mayhem on this forum and on all other blogs/radio/tv or what not.

In following today's game, I just noticed the attitude change....myself included. Just last year, I was on pins and needles during the ANC...and was genuinely upset during the Confed Cup. WC Qualification soothed things then there was the apathy of the WC.

I missed Saturday's game....I did not feel it one bit. We lost...I just laughed. I was not surprised. Last year I would have been hurling insults at all and sundry....but Saturday me and my friends could care less that we did not win. I watched today, and at 0-0 with 5 mins left to play, no tension at all. Just laughing at one dumb play after the other.

I log onto CE, the attitude is almost the same. Ppl are laughing and making jokes on the game thread. It was barely 20 pages long for the game itself. No one really cared too much.

What has happened???

I want to blame Keshi and the NFF but it seems its deeper than that. Anyone got any answers? :sad: :sad:
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Passion for Eagles

Post by KingLoku »

Ugbowo wrote:You know....there was a time when Nigeria having 1 point out of 6 will cause non stop mayhem on this forum and on all other blogs/radio/tv or what not.

In following today's game, I just noticed the attitude change....myself included. Just last year, I was on pins and needles during the ANC...and was genuinely upset during the Confed Cup. WC Qualification soothed things then there was the apathy of the WC.

I missed Saturday's game....I did not feel it one bit. We lost...I just laughed. I was not surprised. Last year I would have been hurling insults at all and sundry....but Saturday me and my friends could care less that we did not win. I watched today, and at 0-0 with 5 mins left to play, no tension at all. Just laughing at one dumb play after the other.

I log onto CE, the attitude is almost the same. Ppl are laughing and making jokes on the game thread. It was barely 20 pages long for the game itself. No one really cared too much.

What has happened???

I want to blame Keshi and the NFF but it seems its deeper than that. Anyone got any answers? :sad: :sad:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ... When u down u not afraid of falling ,, bros , we all don cross heart .. We don give up ., siddom look mode indeed ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Naa siddon look everybody dey right now.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ugbowo wrote:You know....there was a time when Nigeria having 1 point out of 6 will cause non stop mayhem on this forum and on all other blogs/radio/tv or what not.

What has happened???

wrong, the reason is one.. we just won the ANC.. 2: we've played too many games and 3 there are more important things going on in your life...football is just a sport..real talk.. entertainment...

Me i don tire for international football.. the worldcup was like yesterday.. the AFCON starts in 4 months.. so too much football may get one tired . and to be honest.. most teams ( top teams) are still having worldup hangovers.. many countries favored to win, lost or drew. Holland, Germany etc
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The last 2 matches I have been cheering for the opposite team. I was not bothered one bit. This Ke$hi garbage must stop at all costs. If it has to mean missing out on ANC 2015 to get rid of that fool, then so it must be. If Ke$hi is still coach by our next match, I will again root for our opposition. COME ON SUDAN !!!!
Last edited by vancity eagle on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ugbowo, fair point.

I'm not sure what it is. For me, I have gotten tired of the silly divides where one is either pro keshi or not. It takes away from the passion for the team when you see people virtually rooting for the team to lose simply because they don't agree with the coach.

That kills the real base of supporter-ship. We're supporting the country and want to see the best but when every comment is met with 'keshi houseboy', 'ke$hi', etc etc then what's the point? We got to the 2nd round of the WC, won the ANC....in essence we matched our best year (19494) yet there's still aggro.

It may be better for Keshi to leave so we can all unite and support the team as one. Right now it's clear that's not the case.
Last edited by platinum on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

It is Keshi and the NFF. People have lost hope and passion for the team. We don't have a team, we don't have a coach and our football admin could careless about the team or the fans. Keshi hasn't won a game Since when? And we all know that Nigeria vs. Bosnia should have ended 1-1 draw. His record speaks for itself.Things need to change. We have the talent and the players to be a top team in Africa and top ten in the world. But we aren't going to get there when our coach keep inviting hey you and holding grudge with our best players. Keshi needs to go, NFF people all need to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Undertaker on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

vancity eagle wrote:The last 2 matches I have been cheering for the opposite team. I was not bothered one bit. This Ke$hi garbage must stop at all costs. COME ON SUDAN !!!!

ugbowo, example #1. I didnt even have to let ink dry on my post.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

A lot of mods like cattlebeast merge or delete threads carrying any anti-keshi sentiment
hence many cant be bothered to express their iews anymore on this forum.

In any case we have no real influence on what goes on in Nigerian football.
If we did no way would someone who sold world cup places to players like Reuben be coach of nigeria today
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Undertaker wrote:It is Keshi and the NFF. People have lost hope and passion for the team. We don't have a team, we don't have a coach and our football admin could careless about the team or the fans. Keshi hasn't won a game Since when? And we all know that Nigeria vs. Bosnia should have ended 1-1 draw. His record speaks for itself.Things need to change. Keshi needs to go, NFF people all need to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the 'we' who know that it should have ended 1-1? We all know brazil should have won the WC after all they hosted. We all know the pope is a saint. We all kow kids are never bad. We all....you get the point.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

platinum wrote:
Undertaker wrote:It is Keshi and the NFF. People have lost hope and passion for the team. We don't have a team, we don't have a coach and our football admin could careless about the team or the fans. Keshi hasn't won a game Since when? And we all know that Nigeria vs. Bosnia should have ended 1-1 draw. His record speaks for itself.Things need to change. Keshi needs to go, NFF people all need to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the 'we' who know that it should have ended 1-1? We all know brazil should have won the WC after all they hosted. We all know the pope is a saint. We all kow kids are never bad. We all....you get the point.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the guy was born in egypt or holland, don't waste your time
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

platinum wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:The last 2 matches I have been cheering for the opposite team. I was not bothered one bit. This Ke$hi garbage must stop at all costs. COME ON SUDAN !!!!

So SE not being united is what is making you not care ?

Please tell me when CE has ever been united ?

Ke$hi team and his whole process is garbage and fraudulent. That is why you don't care.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I considered myself a diehard before these past two games. Now I am not so sure anymore. Maybe something will rekindle my spirit....maybe a sacking and some new NFF board members....along with some favorable results.

I hate to say this but I cant wait for EPL this weekend.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

vancity eagle wrote:
platinum wrote:

Ke$hi team and his whole process is garbage and fraudulent. That is why you don't care.

Name ONE coach who Nigerians have not accused of favoritism or corruption. Name ONE, i dare you.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ugbowo wrote:I considered myself a diehard before these past two games. Now I am not so sure anymore. Maybe something will rekindle my spirit....maybe a sacking and some new NFF board members....along with some favorable results.

then you are a fan who shows face only when the good is going..FYI Keshi isn't getting fired anytime soon.. FYI we aren't going to hire a foreign coach.. and Keshi is currently the best our money can get... so get used too it and stop all these back hand deals una dey channel too much energy on.. the bottom line ,you guys have spent so much energy on looking at his errors ( yall cook in your heads about bribery , player agents etc ) and the fact he remains the coach , the thing dey pain some of you guys.VE don wound yall's thoughts...

Look at the joker herverd some guys were advocating for the NFF to hire him ..CIV lost heavy today for the first time in like 8 years

get behind your team and do your part , which is to support the green white green.. why lose sleep over things you have no control over like hiring and firing the coaches..

if yall think your internet posts carries weight .. brah tanda me some of that grey goose 8-)

now to more important things.. you dey come field today? :sneaky:
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SuperEagles

KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

What has happened???

wrong, the reason is one.. we just won the ANC.. 2: we've played too many games and 3 there are more important things going on in your life...football is just a sport..real talk.. entertainment...

Me i don tire for international football.. the worldcup was like yesterday.. the AFCON starts in 4 months.. so too much football may get one tired . and to be honest.. most teams ( top teams) are still having worldup hangovers.. many countries favored to win, lost or drew. Holland, Germany etc
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wetin person no go read ... Bigpunky needs to be suspended for such .. Chieee human being them .. :rotf:
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:I considered myself a diehard before these past two games. Now I am not so sure anymore. Maybe something will rekindle my spirit....maybe a sacking and some new NFF board members....along with some favorable results.

you are then a fan who shows face only when the good is going..FYI Keshi isn't getting fired FYI
If you say so. But I went through the Chukwu/Amodu/Eguavoen/Berti/Siasia phases on this board. We did not win jack $#% but golden bronze medals....and I go fight person wey yan dust about Super Eagles then.

This past weekend and today just felt different.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

platinum wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
platinum wrote:

Name ONE coach who Nigerians have not accused of favoritism or corruption. Name ONE, i dare you.

Name ONE coach, name ONE

Who choses injured, division 2 and 3 players, clubless players, serial bench players, reserve team players over

top scorers in La Liga
Champions League players
Bundesliga players
Serie A players
EPL players

Name ONE I DARE YOU.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

From the technical point of view there are some things you do on the pitch that fetch you victory in games. Currently the Eagles seem to be doing none of it. Of course there are political and psychological issues as well which form the root cause of physical or mental non-performance.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Feel your pain...............siddon look mode noni
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

vancity eagle wrote:
platinum wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
platinum wrote:

Name ONE coach, name ONE

Who choses injured, division 2 and 3 players, clubless players, serial bench players, reserve team players over

top scorers in La Liga
Champions League players
Bundesliga players
Serie A players
EPL players

Name ONE I DARE YOU.

Easy. Clemens Westerhof. Accused of that time without number. Your turn.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the guy was born in egypt or holland, don't waste your time

BP, you dey stalk me? Yes, born in Holland lived in Cairo Egypt for 5 years? What has that got to do with the problems with Nigerian football? Or there is no problem like your blind eyes is seeing?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:

BP, you dey stalk me? Yes, born in Holland lived in Cairo Egypt for 5 years? What has that got to do with the problems with Nigerian football? Or there is no problem like your blind eyes is seeing?
leave us alone, go and support Egypt and Holland. your negative energy is too much
SuperEagles