Cameroun killer squad; can Nigeria wrestle away the ANC?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

bamendaboy wrote:How many games has Nigeria won in games that really mattered?
What do you mean by "Really Mattered"? Can you elaborate on that for me please?
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Player Matchup:

Idriss Kameni vs Vincent Enyeama - Kameni
Rigobert Song vs Taribo West - Taribo
Modeste Mbami vs JJ Okocha - Okocha
Geremi Njitap vs John Utaka - John Utaka
Eric Djemba vs Uche Kalu - Uche Kalu
Idrissou vs Tijjani - Idrissou
Eto'o vs Aiyegbeni/Martins - Eto'o
Mboma vs Aghahowa - Aghahowa

Advantage: Nigeria
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Robbynice wrote:
bamendaboy wrote:How many games has Nigeria won in games that really mattered?
What do you mean by "Really Mattered"? Can you elaborate on that for me please?
Let me oblige you Robby. "Really mattered" is beating us for 3 ANC titles; inconsequential is that 3rd place match we won in senegal 92 or that useless world cup qualifiers in Ibadan in 89/90. "Really matter" is 3 AAG titles. And btw, all footballing titles in Africa is held by cameroun: U-16, U-23, etc; u guyz make the camerounians think we are stupid. Why do guy keep defending this position is beyond me. For all intent and purpose, they got our numbers! Kapisch.
...but with God all things are possible...
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Geminikoat said it all.
Kali, that is a good list 2. However, i hope you realised that my list is based on current form. As of what they can do, or doing right now, not based on their form two years a go.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Bigpokey: Facts are facts.. Read and figure out a way to score points for your premise on the discussion.. Thread deletion is not an option. The man is correct with the facts. We need to get our act toether in Naija so we don't keep getting disgraced like this. A big portion of the disparity was during the last two years. Guess who is the coach now CCC.. Go figure..
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

CMS wrote:Bigpokey: Facts are facts.. Read and figure out a way to score points for your premise on the discussion.. Thread deletion is not an option. The man is correct with the facts. We need to get our act toether in Naija so we don't keep getting disgraced like this. A big portion of the disparity was during the last two years. Guess who is the coach now CCC.. Go figure..
Say it man!
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

cameroun well done.naiga has failed to prepare and must prepare to fail.
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

:D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :P God dey !!
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Head to Head

Post by anikulapo »

kali wrote:According to FIFA, in games between Nigeria and Cameroon, NIgeria has come out on top:

Played 10
Nigeria Won 4 / Cameroon Won 3
Nigeria Draw 3 / Cameroon Drawn 3
Nigeria Lost 3 / Cameroon Lost 4
Nigeria 12 Goals / Cameroon 10 goals

13-FEB-00 LAGOS (Nigeria) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 2:2 a.e.t (2:2, 2:1) 4:3 PSO CAN > 2000 > Final Competition

07-AUG-97 TUNIS (Tunisia) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 0:1 (0:0) Friendly > 1997

25-JAN-92 DAKAR (Senegal) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 1:2 (0:0) CAN > 1992 > Final Competition

28-SEP-91 ISMAILIA (Egypt) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 1:0 (0:0) African Games 1991

27-AUG-89 YAOUNDE (Cameroon) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 1:0 (1:0) WC > 1990 > Preliminary Competition CAF

10-JUN-89 IBADAN (Nigeria) Nigeria vs. Cameroon 2:0 (1:0) WC > 1990 > Preliminary Competition CAF

27-MAR-88 CASABLANCA (Morocco) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 1:0 (0:0) CAN > 1988 > Final Competition

17-MAR-88 RABAT (Morocco) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 1:1 (1:1) CAN > 1988 > Final Competition

22-DEC-68 DOUALA (Cameroon) Cameroon vs. Nigeria 2:3 (1:2) WC > 1970 > Preliminary Competition CAF

07-DEC-68 LAGOS (Nigeria) Nigeria vs. Cameroon 1:1 (0:0) WC > 1970 > Preliminary Competition CAF

Kali, I guess that FIFA site forgot the 3-1 blitzing wey Theophile Abega and co hand Oningbinde and our Eagus in 1984
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Kali,

Nigeria 3, Cameroon 1 ???

Dream on my brother. Dream on.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Guys,

You can continue to dream about being more talented than Cameroon. As long as we continue to beat you on the pitch, that will be pure conjecture. I will be happy to reconsider my position if and when you can beat us on the pitch. Deal??? Blah blah blah about talent....
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Mouko,

You alone taking on the whole SE forum single handedly. Just like your brothers do on the pitch against the mighty SE and still come out on top. As someone already clearly demonstrated, we have won when it mattered the most. 3 ANC titles including one in Lagos proper. 2 AAG titles in Nigeria (if I am not mistaken). One junior ANC title in Nigeria. One Cup winners cup title in Nigeria. If you cannot see pass that then God be with you....

I would like to say that the tide is bound to change eventually, but I dont see it happening next month. In Tunis, only Cameroon will beat Cameroon.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

mlkama wrote:Mouko,

You alone taking on the whole SE forum single handedly. Just like your brothers do on the pitch against the mighty SE and still come out on top. As someone already clearly demonstrated, we have won when it mattered the most. 3 ANC titles including one in Lagos proper. 2 AAG titles in Nigeria (if I am not mistaken). One junior ANC title in Nigeria. One Cup winners cup title in Nigeria. If you cannot see pass that then God be with you....

I would like to say that the tide is bound to change eventually, but I dont see it happening next month. In Tunis, only Cameroon will beat Cameroon.
I pray the tide changes soon too; but right now? I am afraid it won't just yet.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Pray tell..when did Cameroon win a junior ANC title in Nigeria..
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

This makanaky don come again o!

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Robbynice wrote:Makanaky, I beg spare us make man hear word. Personally I don't see us playing Cameroon at the ANC and my reason is because Cameroon might not even make it that far to play us. You seem to forget that Cameroon has to go through Egypt, Zimbabwe and Algeria. This IMHO is not a foregone conclusion and I am quite certain you know that.
Robby, thanks for that reply... the guy is just been naughty.
mblack76
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack76 »

The other match saw a Valencian selection defeat Cameroon 1-0 with Atletico Madrid's Javi Moreno grabbing the winner.
Culled from Planetfootball.com
“I can play with people’s emotions when I want to make an impact. It’s one way to get the best out of people.” Jose Mourinho (March 08, 2005)
"Again Mblack, I have no beef with you as I actually respect you a lot." SAwosika (May 14, 2005)
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

mkizito76 wrote:The other match saw a Valencian selection defeat Cameroon 1-0 with Atletico Madrid's Javi Moreno grabbing the winner.
Culled from Planetfootball.com
Well Mkizito,
it was Cameroon all right but you would not recognize a single name on that squad. Did they play under Schaffer?. Is it an ANC camp? or what?
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Mlkama,

You see the CEs have shown that they have very short and selective memories. So I'm always here to remind them whenever they stray out of line. I don't understand how people keep claiming more talent and yet flop everytime they have an opportunity to show it.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

Makanaky:

Who are you? are you Clevy Jones (hope i have not blown your cover) one of my long lost cameroon friends, you write and sound like him if you are him report immediately to my mail box, just to warn you, this time it will be different the north africans dealt with us for some time and then we got the hang of them and the rest is history your time is nai. you will suffer the faith of the north africans.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

All yeee Cameroonian bushmen. Stop blowing Cameroon trumpet like you guys have achieved much. When Cameroon was losing 6-1 and 4-0 to teams like Russia in the World Cup and 3-0 to teams like Italy and Brazil, in its 2nd and 3rd appearance at the World Cup, the worst result Nigeria has yet to manage is 4-1 vs Denmark.

Nigeria had to teach you guys how to win a gold in the Olympics. Nigeria had to teach you guys how to beat Brazil in an international competition. Nigeria will soon teach you guys how to win the World Cup.

Cameroon's success has been blown up because of ONE special individua; - Roger Milla. Roger Milla single-handedly won 2 ANC titles for you guys. Roger Milla took you guys to the quarter-finals in 1990. Roger Milla was the one who helped clean up your rat-infested FA, signed the technical partnership with the Germans and brought Schaefer in. Without Roger Milla you guys are a bunch of Bakassi villagers. :D :D :D :D
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Kali, sofri sofri ma broda. For your information, Rogermilla is probably the worst thing that Cameroon has done as in giving him an Adminstrative job. He has done absolutely nothing. I mean nada, as an administrator.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Ayo Akinfe, With no stress.man you got it wrong nigeria is a very talented team and recognised in the world .Go do some research :mrgreen:
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)