Can this really be third time lucky for Kanu?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Bigpokey24 i think U need to stop being a soccer fan because U dont know what da hell UR talking about.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

Bigpokey24 wrote:GUEST, would u call ruud van nees a striker.? I would call him a goal scorer. Kanu is a striker , , aghawonder is a goal scorer, etc. The strikers job or should i say support striker provides assist most of the time chiping in a few goal once in a while , their main job is to assist, create havoc 70% of the time.
bullshit. you are confusing the term 'striker' with 'forward'

A striker should be striking the back of the net.

Kanu is a forward not a striker. He needs a striker to partner him in order to be effective.

I believe Kanu will use african defences to drink garri this time around. Please you can mark my words. I don't think there are enough experienced defenders in africa to counter him if he slips to the left edge of the box and does that his ball-dragging. He scored 2 against Malawi, just like that.
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

omey2k4 wrote:Bigpokey24 i think U need to stop being a soccer fan because U dont know what da hell UR talking about.
and ur reason for this comment is,,,???? explains
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

omey2k4, I dont think uve played football, well well to know the difference, no be those yeye sunday/mexican league u dey play , wey u think say nah ball u dey play. go to www.hfasoccer.com and see correct league
SuperEagles

MYMIND
Egg
Egg
Re: Can this really be third time lucky for Kanu?

Post by MYMIND »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:You all need no reminding that the man I often refer to as Nwashed-Up Kanu has played in two ANCs and two World Cups and is yet to find the back of the net in either of them. Even in 2000 when he was in great form at Arsenal, he coul;d not break his duck.

Now in all fairness to the man, he has improved slightly over recent weeks and can at least run for the ball. Although the Carling Cup game against Middlesboro showed that he still has problems getting into the box, talk less not of dreaming about racing away from defenders, at least he is putting a bit of effort in these days.

However, I am still wary of it he can find the back of the net in an ANC against a well marshalled defence. Against Brazil and Venezuela, we saw him play for almost 90 minutes and as usual, even when he was played through, he did not have the legs to get away from defenders.

I fail to see how things will improve come Tunisia 2004. The one good thing about this tournament is that there are the likes of Aghahowa, Utaka and Aiyegbeni in the team, so Nigeria is not dependent on Kanu for goals. It would have been disaster had that been the case. I can see CCC playing Kanu for at least some of the time in games but can anyone really see him scoring?
You are wrong my friend. Kanu scored in our first match against Tunisia in which we won 4-2. You can take that to the bank and cash the check.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

MYMIND, God bless u for letting them know
SuperEagles

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Does Kanu ever read what people say about him in this or any other site at all? :mrgreen:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ayo actually he created a handful

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

baprophet wrote:Against Mali a Lob To Agali comes To Mind
Another shot by Garba Lawal agaisnt Liberia also comes to mind when Kanu left the ball to an oncoming Garba Lawal. Not to talk of the Pk he singlehandely wion us against Senegal.

If anybody was absent at ANC 2002 it was Okocha not Kanu

AT anc 2000 he was involved in Both Ikpeba Goals against Morocco
And was involved in a goal against Cameroun among other plays

You Know Ayo sometimes I wonder if you watch kanu in an eagles shirt at all. Playing for Arsenal and Playing for the eagles are different balls of AMALA. kanu In an eagles shirt is a delight to watch. He is far more effective than Okocha in involving his teammates.
Thank you, BA.
This forum is full of weed smokers. Who can forget, in addition, the beautifu pass kanu laid to Finidi against Senegal...he virtually sent finidi one on one with the goalie, but the chance was blown. Folks like Ayo let their antipathies and biases affect their judgements. Kanu has always played well for Nigeria, unlike Okocha that plays better for his club than for Nigeria.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

="MYMIND]You are wrong my friend. Kanu scored in our first match against Tunisia in which we won 4-2. You can take that to the bank and cash the check.

Ewu Okocha scored twice and Ikpeba scored twice.this proves U dont even know what U talk about.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

omey2k4 wrote:
="MYMIND]You are wrong my friend. Kanu scored in our first match against Tunisia in which we won 4-2. You can take that to the bank and cash the check.

Ewu Okocha scored twice and Ikpeba scored twice.this proves U dont even know what U talk about.

Hahahahahaha...nyash don open...talk about putting one's foot in the mouth :P :P :P
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
dudu
Egg
Egg

Post by dudu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:You all need no reminding that the man I often refer to as Nwashed-Up Kanu has played in two ANCs and two World Cups and is yet to find the back of the net in either of them. Even in 2000 when he was in great form at Arsenal, he coul;d not break his duck.

Now in all fairness to the man, he has improved slightly over recent weeks and can at least run for the ball. Although the Carling Cup game against Middlesboro showed that he still has problems getting into the box, talk less not of dreaming about racing away from defenders, at least he is putting a bit of effort in these days.

However, I am still wary of it he can find the back of the net in an ANC against a well marshalled defence. Against Brazil and Venezuela, we saw him play for almost 90 minutes and as usual, even when he was played through, he did not have the legs to get away from defenders.

I fail to see how things will improve come Tunisia 2004. The one good thing about this tournament is that there are the likes of Aghahowa, Utaka and Aiyegbeni in the team, so Nigeria is not dependent on Kanu for goals. It would have been disaster had that been the case. I can see CCC playing Kanu for at least some of the time in games but can anyone really see him scoring?
I agree with you in totality, but i think we all should realise one thing that Kanu's relevance to the super eagles is more than being on the pitch scoring goals otherwise he would have been discarded a long time ago. Kanu has done what no Nigerian football player has done for Nigeria... His heart foundation is unequalled, he has also contributed in many other ways, i can remember he organised a friendly match for Nigeria some time ago ... With one leg to play the FA will insist on having Kanu in the team... we are just paying back for his good deeds
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

omey2k4 wrote:

Watch it again :P
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Dude, are you no longer confident :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

My Mind: Kanu did not score in 2000. Okocha and Ikpeba scored the goals as has been pointed out.

Dudu: Are you saying that Kanu should be fielded simply because of his charity work? In that case, me too I go open shelter for the homeless in Lagos. Does that mean I should be given a shirt too.

I notice that the topic has been derailed. Very few of you are answering the question - Will Kanu score?
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

omey2k4 wrote: Bigpokey in what terms do U mean by that?U have just insulted your own intelligence!What does a striker do Bigpokey?Theys core goals and for U to proclaim Kanu the best he has to at least have goals to back himself up but he dosent.Ina ll In'l competitions he hasnt scored 1 goal!Not 1 goal and u proclaim him the best striker,show facts when u talk man.Kanu is the worst striker in Nigerias history!We no dey chop assist because Finidi George would have been the world greatest assist of goals.As a striker your job is to score goals and Kanu dosent know how to score goals.
Omey, that statement in bold is not true. You are saying that Kanu has _never_ scored in the SE shirt. Didn't he score on our way to this tournament? I believe he also scored along with Aghali in one of the last WCQ matches, if I remember right. Don't these count for international matches? I agree though that his productivity in the goal-scoring statistics cannot be seen as the determining factor for selecting him. However, he brings so many other assets to any sides on a good day.
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
akidi
Egg
Egg

Post by akidi »

Kanu will score more than one goal...I am just coming back from the shrine in Enugu-Ezike, and the female goddess has prophesed a goal galore for papillo...
GUNNAS 4 LIFE BBBAAABBBYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We thought Obasi was the best player to play and that was the reason. I thought he did a very good first half but he got tired in the second half but he lived up to the expectation I had on him," Lagerback explaining why he started Obasi over Osaze...

Ol boy, Lagerbagger is suffering from acute malaria oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!