Congolese up till 1AM arguing about bonuses b4 match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Congolese up till 1AM arguing about bonuses b4 match

Post by AreaDaddy »

Not good, but if more worrying why is the Manager revealing this publicly now, this just gives their opponents a physchological boost. Yeye English FC..:) .

Wait till this guy returns to England, he will use After-dinner speeches yabbing Congo to feed his family for the rest of his life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
African Nations Cup
By Our Sports Staff

MICK WADSWORTH, THE DEMOCRATIC Republic of Congo coach, has revealed that players and officials were locked in talks until 1 o?clock yesterday morning trying to resolve a bitter row over bonus payments. It was another in a long-running saga of problems to have befallen Congo in the run-up to the African Nations Cup, the latest of which was a surprise 2-1 defeat by Guinea yesterday. The row, and the ensuing defeat, came only hours after Wadsworth and his assistants were prevented from attending Saturday?s match between Tunisia and Rwanda, their group A rivals.

The team had already endured a chaotic flight to Tunis ? with players and officials booked on different planes ? and cash shortages, which meant a training camp in Portugal was postponed. Then, late on Saturday, Wadsworth discovered that he would have to do without Franck Matingou, the former France Under-21 player, who had hoped to switch allegiance to Congo under the new Fifa eligibility ruling.

?We have had lots of ups and downs and it?s been a long, tough road getting to Tunisia,? Wadsworth, the former Newcastle United assistant coach, said. ?As far as going to the stadium on Saturday was concerned, our liaison people said we couldn?t go. Read between the lines as to who is to blame. We are in the same group as the host nation; I had to watch the game on TV. I was very disappointed because it is quite normal for a coach to go and watch his next opponents.

?We?ve also been messed around big time with our training facilities and, to cap it all, the players were discussing bonuses and other financial issues until 1 o?clock in the morning. I think all of that has been settled.?

Wadsworth had met four of his players for the first time only last week. ?I met two for the first time on Wednesday and worked with all of them for the first time on Thursday,? he said. ?Then with Matingou, I picked him for the team but was told on Friday afternoon that he couldn?t play, so we had to start planning all over again. One thing?s for sure: it?s a great challenge and I have enough to write a book about it all one day.?

Wadsworth still believes that his team can make the quarter-finals. ?What?s happened has happened and I can?t blame that for the result today,? he said. ?I felt for an hour we were in charge of the match but only scored one goal. They were in control for 30 minutes and scored twice. We lost our shape and discipline.?

Alain Masudi had put Congo in front in the first half, but Titi Camara, the former West Ham United and Liverpool player, and Pascal Feindounou scored the second-half goals that gave Guinea victory. ?I?m very unhappy,? Lomana LuaLua, the Newcastle forward, said. ?I could have had a hat-trick in the first half. It?s up to me to lead by example as I?m the captain.? Congo face Tunisia in Tunis on Wednesday, while Guinea play Rwanda in Bizerte on the same day.
Last edited by AreaDaddy on Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

They will be on the flight home after the next game.... They cannot continue like and this will not go far...
Soldier of Fortune...
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Let them be paid what is due them Haba.
who no know go know.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

THIS IS THE MAN I AM MOST AFRAID OF TO CAUSE PROBLEMS

EKEJI-STEP OFF OF SUPER-EAGLES HOTEL-TRAINING GROUD-MEETINGS. This man REAL NAME IS TROUBLE!
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

GUEST wrote:THIS IS THE MAN I AM MOST AFRAID OF TO CAUSE PROBLEMS

EKEJI-STEP OFF OF SUPER-EAGLES HOTEL-TRAINING GROUD-MEETINGS. This man REAL NAME IS TROUBLE!
I hope he is stopped on his tracks before he does something crazy.
who no know go know.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

It is a good thing that this came out. Some on this forum believes Nigeria is the only one that has this problems. With that said, the players needs to be paid what is due to them.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Robbynice wrote:It is a good thing that this came out. Some on this forum believes Nigeria is the only one that has this problems. With that said, the players needs to be paid what is due to them.
you are right.
who no know go know.
fatty
Egg
Egg

Post by fatty »

Selfish Lualua killed them off in the match
From green to super, eagles are soaring to Golden.
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

He did the right thing. The blame for the defeat must be put exactly where it belongs ; In the hands of Congo FA officials.