DO NIGERIANS KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "SABOTAGE"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
DO NIGERIANS KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "SABOTAGE"

Post by JACKAL »

That word seems to be freely used in Nigeria. We heard Keshi say it, Siasia says it, Amoudu has said it many times... And now John Obuh is saying it at Rangers. Please read the context of what he saying below: Is what Rangers management doing called "sabotage" or performance review ?

http://africanfootball.com/news/468548/ ... it-Rangers
Obuh threatens to quit Rangers
Obuh says he will throw in the towel if he is not allowed to do his work freely

by Staff Reporter

Wednesday Oct 15, 2014. 09:58
Rangers coach John Obuh has threatened to resign if “unnecessary interference” in his job by the management was not stopped.

Obuh, who was practically held hostage for over an hour after Tuesday evening training session by members of the management team led by the General Manager, Paul Chibuzor, told AfricanFootball.com he was being pushed to the wall by some unguarded utterances of some highly placed members of the management team.

“I must state categorically that I am highly disappointed by the actions of Christian Chukwu, Innocent Obiokwo and Innocent Abana over my output in the team,” Obuh said.

“How could Chukwu say that I don’t have a tactics in prosecuting my matches because we lost a game out of seven? It smacks of sabotage from such highly placed members of the team especially as we prepare for a tough encounter against Heartland.”

He further stated, “If such actions from such people are not checked, I might just be forced to throw in the towel and have my peace and respect.

“Let Chukwu, Obiokwo and Abana come and handle the team. They are not too old to coach Rangers.”

The current uproar in the side is not unconnected with media reports that the former Nigeria U20 handler has indicated interest in helping the Super Eagles out of the current precarious situation they find themselves in the qualifying tournament for next year's AFCON.