Pinnick - We've Sealed Deal On a Foreign Coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pinnick - We've Sealed Deal On a Foreign Coach

Post by The YeyeMan »

platinum wrote:You can't just isolate an event when it happens every time. You learn nothing and keep repeating those errors. If the SE keep getting accused of being lackadaisical, why not address that point now and kill it once and for all? You're saying it's on this last coach but how can that be when the problem has happened with every other coach? The difference I see with this set is they're not gifted enough to have off days like the other SE used to.
Nigeria isn't always lackadaisical. The Eagles under Keshi were focused and motivated during the last ANC - esp in the KO stage. Keshi was rightly applauded. Over the last few games they were unfocused and unmotivated and poorly prepared and left Nigeria's qualifying fortunes in a perilous state. Again, the buck stops with Keshi. When a coach is struggling to motivate his players, among other problems, then it's time to go.
platinum wrote:Did the Samuel kid score or not? I'd have invited Dauda for sure if I were Keshi...if only to cover my butt but the guy he invited did the job he was called to do. That whole 'unheralded' deal doesn't hack it with me. 50% of the present squad were unheralded, people were crying for TT for crying out loud! The coach lives and dies by his decisions, Nigeria wasn't performing poorly because of players invited or not invited. None of the guys who were 'blacklisted' has kanu/okocha like talent. They're all guys who are functional pieces in a unit. Kelechi may be the one gamebreaker in that list, the others are not that. Not Martins, not Uche, not Dauda. Good players but lets not crown them kings of anything just because they were left out.
Didn't Nwofor score in the past? Didn't Ameobi score? Where are they now? Odunlami - is he still around? If so, why is Keshi resorting to Onazi at right back? Where's the rhyme or reason for inviting players and then chopping them? Samuel scores today, and then what happens to him tomorrow? As I've told you, it's not about having super talents like Okocha or Kanu it's about setting a minimum standard. Keshi's minimum standard was the floor. He lived by his decisions and now he's been rightly sacked for them. He was the author of his downfall.
platinum wrote:You still didn't say what YOUR standard would be. From the way you're speaking, am I right in guessing you would have gone for only 'heralded' players?
Players who are fit, playing regularly and in form should be the prime candidates for national team selection. There are obviously exceptions for players whom one can rely upon to perform a role, do a job even if they may be out of favour for their clubs and not playing regularly. One would need a helluva reason to select a player who comes into selection out of the wild blue yonder.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: pinnick on foreign coach

Post by General Trousers »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I have ZERO confidence in this Pinnick as FA president.
The alternatives who were running were worse by a far far mile.

x
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

vancity eagle wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Wanaj0:

I know some of those guys (94) have not exactly helped themselves, while those with certificates may not be given the opportunities. However, I don't think these are problems we cannot solve. You are right about those who want to make money from oyibo-na-oyibo, as well as those with inferiority complexes including players like Yak "we need a white coach".

I used to think it was OK to employ a top FC, but not anymore. One, there is no guarantee nor real interest in getting one. Next is, getting a Sir Alex or a Mourinho without plans in place to develop LCs is a waste of money.
Firstly no TOP FC will come work for us.

Secondly, I don't think coaching is rocket science that we cannot find ONE Nigerian that is capable.

There are other reasons why people advocate for an FC. The most accomplished FC we've had of recent was Berti Vogts. We saw how his massage application technique widely celebrated by the natives led us to our WORST ANC performance since 1982!

I am with you on the FC issue. Would rather leave Amodu in charge than employ an FC.
Not defending Vogts, but his team was beaten by the best team in Africa, PLAYING AT HOME. Is this really something to be ashamed of ?

2 years later with Amodu we lost to the same Ghana which were a PK away from the semi finals of the worldcup, we even outplayed them.

2002 we lost to the best Senegal team ever put together who also went to the quarter finals of the WC.

sometimes you just get beat BY A BETTER TEAM, there is no shame in this.
CORRECTED!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...a confused and conniving Picnic wants his cut of the pie. It's our turn :lol: :lol: :thumbs:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The YeyeMan wrote:
platinum wrote:You can't just isolate an event when it happens every time. You learn nothing and keep repeating those errors. If the SE keep getting accused of being lackadaisical, why not address that point now and kill it once and for all? You're saying it's on this last coach but how can that be when the problem has happened with every other coach? The difference I see with this set is they're not gifted enough to have off days like the other SE used to.
Nigeria isn't always lackadaisical. The Eagles under Keshi were focused and motivated during the last ANC - esp in the KO stage. Keshi was rightly applauded. Over the last few games they were unfocused and unmotivated and poorly prepared and left Nigeria's qualifying fortunes in a perilous state. Again, the buck stops with Keshi. When a coach is struggling to motivate his players, among other problems, then it's time to go.

I've not said Nigeria was always lackadaisical, I've said the problem of lack of motivation intermittently is not new. There's a big difference in those sentiments.
platinum wrote:Did the Samuel kid score or not? I'd have invited Dauda for sure if I were Keshi...if only to cover my butt but the guy he invited did the job he was called to do. That whole 'unheralded' deal doesn't hack it with me. 50% of the present squad were unheralded, people were crying for TT for crying out loud! The coach lives and dies by his decisions, Nigeria wasn't performing poorly because of players invited or not invited. None of the guys who were 'blacklisted' has kanu/okocha like talent. They're all guys who are functional pieces in a unit. Kelechi may be the one gamebreaker in that list, the others are not that. Not Martins, not Uche, not Dauda. Good players but lets not crown them kings of anything just because they were left out.
Didn't Nwofor score in the past? Didn't Ameobi score? Where are they now? Odunlami - is he still around? If so, why is Keshi resorting to Onazi at right back? Where's the rhyme or reason for inviting players and then chopping them? Samuel scores today, and then what happens to him tomorrow? As I've told you, it's not about having super talents like Okocha or Kanu it's about setting a minimum standard. Keshi's minimum standard was the floor. He lived by his decisions and now he's been rightly sacked for them. He was the author of his downfall.

I have no argument with his sacking.
platinum wrote:You still didn't say what YOUR standard would be. From the way you're speaking, am I right in guessing you would have gone for only 'heralded' players?
Players who are fit, playing regularly and in form should be the prime candidates for national team selection. There are obviously exceptions for players whom one can rely upon to perform a role, do a job even if they may be out of favour for their clubs and not playing regularly. One would need a helluva reason to select a player who comes into selection out of the wild blue yonder.The guys he brought in were not fit or playing regularly?
I didn't want him hired because I didn't think he was better than Siasia technically and I still hold that and secondly I didn't like that whole Togo mess. I preferred the SE style under SSS. I cannot however justly say Keshi doesn't deserve praise for pulling Nigeria out of the mire we were in and he won and took us to places we hadn't been in YEARS. I cannot in good faith say that every coach has smooth sailing always, that is bogus. When people come out and act as if we were used to such offerings, it is amazing to me. Keshi wasn't perfect but it's not too much to give him kudos and if we want to act holier-than-thou then lets get in on the root of the problems and quit assigning blame to those we dislike while praising those we like when they're no better.
Oh, and while we keep lumping accusations of corruption at him, we seemingly don't see that it's insanity to expect a 'clean' team when the FA stinks and the government stinks. We keep waiting for this rose from the concrete. We go wait taya. I'm waiting to see this supernova coach the FA wan go hire and waiting to see him pull out some Xavi's and Iniesta's from Oyingbo and Mile 12.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I have ZERO confidence in this Pinnick as FA president.
The guy will say what the natives want to hear. Let's see whether he will be be better than the ousted one. ANC Gold and WC QF is the minimum expectation.

we should kuku give Amodu a contract AND realistic mandate, while giving him the conditions to succeed. All this oyibo-na-oyibo na nonsense!

In fact, if na me be Amodu, I will insult their papas and not take any temp caretaker job.

Yes, it would have been great if the likes of Finidi, Mutiu, Oliseh, Siasia, etc, took formal coaching courses AND are setting the league alight with stellar performances. In the absence of that, NFF SHOULD consider identifying coaches with potential and organizing training courses for them. That WILL be money well-spent. Even if they do not make it to the national team, these guys will at least raise the overall levels and profiles of our league. All this rushing to look for FC is an insult to each and EVERY NIGERIAN.
Mutiu and Oliseh are fully badged coaches.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
The guy will say what the natives want to hear. Let's see whether he will be be better than the ousted one. ANC Gold and WC QF is the minimum expectation.

we should kuku give Amodu a contract AND realistic mandate, while giving him the conditions to succeed. All this oyibo-na-oyibo na nonsense!

In fact, if na me be Amodu, I will insult their papas and not take any temp caretaker job.

Yes, it would have been great if the likes of Finidi, Mutiu, Oliseh, Siasia, etc, took formal coaching courses AND are setting the league alight with stellar performances. In the absence of that, NFF SHOULD consider identifying coaches with potential and organizing training courses for them. That WILL be money well-spent. Even if they do not make it to the national team, these guys will at least raise the overall levels and profiles of our league. All this rushing to look for FC is an insult to each and EVERY NIGERIAN.
Mutiu and Oliseh are fully badged coaches.
Yup. Finidi and Amunike are on their way there too right?

It's really disgusting. They felt a coach sucked, invest in him. Force him to improve instead na silly talk about hiring a foreigner to clean up the mess and people are clapping for them.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

vancity eagle wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Wanaj0:

I know some of those guys (94) have not exactly helped themselves, while those with certificates may not be given the opportunities. However, I don't think these are problems we cannot solve. You are right about those who want to make money from oyibo-na-oyibo, as well as those with inferiority complexes including players like Yak "we need a white coach".

I used to think it was OK to employ a top FC, but not anymore. One, there is no guarantee nor real interest in getting one. Next is, getting a Sir Alex or a Mourinho without plans in place to develop LCs is a waste of money.
Firstly no TOP FC will come work for us.

Secondly, I don't think coaching is rocket science that we cannot find ONE Nigerian that is capable.

There are other reasons why people advocate for an FC. The most accomplished FC we've had of recent was Berti Vogts. We saw how his massage application technique widely celebrated by the natives led us to our WORST ANC performance since 1982!

I am with you on the FC issue. Would rather leave Amodu in charge than employ an FC.
Not defending Vogts, but his team was beaten by the best team in Africa, PLAYING AT HOME. Is this really something to be ashamed of ?

2 years later with Amodu we lost to the same Ghana which were a PK away from the semi finals of the worldcup, we even outplayed them.

2000 we lost to the best Senegal team ever put together who also went to the quarter finals of the WC.

sometimes you just get beat BY A BETTER TEAM, there is no shame in this.
A better team with one man down! Would you ever make that excuse for Keshi.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

KingLoku wrote:
KingLoku wrote:Seriously we do have bunch of ignorant mofffooo here they really low on thinking faculty .. Reason and try and figure out the mentality of Pinnick , even tho I don't Fancy an FC , I still see sense in what he is trying to do ...
This man na really sharpman , it takes a guyman to catch a hussler .. Pinnik knws his stuff .. Having a data of Nigeria players to pool from just indicated that he knws that local coaches are corrupt .. All those players earning 40K a week easily inflences their decision .. Agents easily bribes coaches .bringin in an FC , with this , such can really be checkmate.. How can a local coach stamp his authority on players that earns 40K a week , like Siasia said Local coaches are scared of Mikel Obi .. , So for now let tha drum of an FC roll while there is a standby LC in the person of Siasia , Oliseh or Manu Garba to work with the FC .. Period .. :clap:

See typical Naija aimless hero worship. Common guys have some dignity and stop gnash licking so much. Can we at least see how the NFF boss is doing in 6 months.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

platinum wrote:The guys he brought in were not fit or playing regularly?
How far? There's a long list of players that Keshi selected who weren't match fit. Some didn't even have clubs.
platinum wrote:Keshi wasn't perfect but it's not too much to give him kudos and if we want to act holier-than-thou then lets get in on the root of the problems and quit assigning blame to those we dislike while praising those we like when they're no better.
Keshi received kudos for winning the ANC. Sorry, but it's only in your mind if you think he didn't.
platinum wrote:Oh, and while we keep lumping accusations of corruption at him, we seemingly don't see that it's insanity to expect a 'clean' team when the FA stinks and the government stinks. We keep waiting for this rose from the concrete. We go wait taya. I'm waiting to see this supernova coach the FA wan go hire and waiting to see him pull out some Xavi's and Iniesta's from Oyingbo and Mile 12.
Ah!, the old: "the NFF is dirty so how do you expect Keshi not to be dirty" defence? My fren, as i said, Keshi made his bed and laid in it. In many ways the NFF and Keshi were made for each other.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The YeyeMan wrote:
platinum wrote:The guys he brought in were not fit or playing regularly?
How far? There's a long list of players that Keshi selected who weren't match fit. Some didn't even have clubs.

Keshi learned well from Bonfrere and Westerhof then :laugh:
platinum wrote:Keshi wasn't perfect but it's not too much to give him kudos and if we want to act holier-than-thou then lets get in on the root of the problems and quit assigning blame to those we dislike while praising those we like when they're no better.
Keshi received kudos for winning the ANC. Sorry, but it's only in your mind if you think he didn't.

I'm saying the man has been fired, tip your hat to him for the job he did and leave am at that. The way folks are going on about it, you'd think he turned Nigeria into Eritrea or South Sudan.
platinum wrote:Oh, and while we keep lumping accusations of corruption at him, we seemingly don't see that it's insanity to expect a 'clean' team when the FA stinks and the government stinks. We keep waiting for this rose from the concrete. We go wait taya. I'm waiting to see this supernova coach the FA wan go hire and waiting to see him pull out some Xavi's and Iniesta's from Oyingbo and Mile 12.
Ah!, the old: "the NFF is dirty so how do you expect Keshi not to be dirty" defence? My fren, as i said, Keshi made his bed and laid in it. In many ways the NFF and Keshi were made for each other. There's no 'the ol' about it, it is a fact that you can't just dismiss.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lest we forget history....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim