Pinnick - We've Sealed Deal On a Foreign Coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
pinnick on foreign coach

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Kako
Egg
Egg
Re: pinnick on foreign coach

Post by Kako »

:ohmy: Did he actually say this? :cry:
“Only today, I was privileged to get to a company…it’s not that we don’t believe in Nigerian coaches, we believe so much in Nigerian coaches, but right now we need a foreign coach to actually train and rediscover our potentials.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Kako wrote::ohmy: :cry:
“Only today, I was privileged to get to a company…it’s not that we don’t believe in Nigerian coaches, we believe so much in Nigerian coaches, but right now we need a foreign coach to actually train and rediscover our potentials.
Starting to lose respect for him.

The main problems with Nigeria football are organization and professionalism from players to the NFF officials. Coaching is like 20 percent of the problem. We have capable coaches in Nigeria, getting a foreign coach is not mandatory. Getting a journey man no experience foreign coach just for the sake of getting a foreign coach is even worse. Putting on makeup to cover the black eye is not actually treating the black eye.

Pinnick should focus more the real problems which are

1. Lack of organization- which includes scouting the oppositions, players. The coach shouldn't be responsible for scouting the opposition. Having a league that young players can develop their talents. Friendlies before each competitive fixture. No more money row. Make sure the Eagles play on suitable playing surfaces. Players like Mikel should be excluded from the National team if they are not regulars for their club. The guy was out of shape. No untested players should be called up for an important fixture. No more sentiments in call ups.
2. Professionalism- Players sign an agreement that they get their money after the tournament. Players fined for arriving late to camp.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

THE Nigeria Football Federation (NNF) Chairman, Amuja Pinnick, on Friday, disclosed that the country’s ruling football body had signed a deal with a company that has agreed to bankroll the salary of a new foreign coach for one full year. He said the NFF has concluded the deal that would take the country’s football and the Super Eagles to greater heights. He spoke at the Ikoyi Club 1938 Table Tennis Tournament, Lagos, sponsored by the Arco Petrochemical Company Limited.
Mr. Pinnick, however, said that the reason for the choice of a foreign coach was for the country to redeem its pride of place in the footballing world. “Our approach is long, short, and medium terms. Our short approach is creating a data-base of the best Nigerians players.” “For example, Obafemi Martins is the hottest commodity today, I wonder why you will go to China to get a player instead of Martins.. NNF will not allow that. We are going to give from a pool of players to take from. Our Federation will also get all the clubs to have the Under-13 clubs where they will have their own junior league. Our approach is basically to get them young and nurture them.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

smartbrother wrote:
THE Nigeria Football Federation (NNF) Chairman, Amuja Pinnick, on Friday, disclosed that the country’s ruling football body had signed a deal with a company that has agreed to bankroll the salary of a new foreign coach for one full year. He said the NFF has concluded the deal that would take the country’s football and the Super Eagles to greater heights. He spoke at the Ikoyi Club 1938 Table Tennis Tournament, Lagos, sponsored by the Arco Petrochemical Company Limited.
Mr. Pinnick, however, said that the reason for the choice of a foreign coach was for the country to redeem its pride of place in the footballing world. “Our approach is long, short, and medium terms. Our short approach is creating a data-base of the best Nigerians players.” “For example, Obafemi Martins is the hottest commodity today, I wonder why you will go to China to get a player instead of Martins.. NNF will not allow that. We are going to give from a pool of players to take from. Our Federation will also get all the clubs to have the Under-13 clubs where they will have their own junior league. Our approach is basically to get them young and nurture them.

I am not liking this Mr. Pinnick guy. His job is to source funds for the NFF, create solid structure and organization, and hire successful coaches. His job description doesn't include micromanaging football teams, that's what coaches are for. He has enough on his plate already as NFF chairman, he should leave the coaching decisions to the coaches. If he wants to decide who should potentially get called up, he should resign as NFF chairman and go apply to be the SE coach. Frankly, this guy worries me.
Last edited by amafolas on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Those complaining about an fc should ask themselves this :
which local coach besides siasia is qualified to run the SE
we all see the utter mess keshi made of things before he got sacked
until the finidis, olisehs and garbas of this world get some experience under their belt and come of age, the only viable local coaching option will remain Siasia
obviously Pinnick could not sack Ke$hi ad rehire Siasia as that wouldve been a PR error so he has to go down the Fc route for now
Personally I would like to see Oliseh or Siasia hired as the assistant coach and lined up to take over once the FC's contract comes to an end
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

amafolas wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

I am not liking this Mr. Pinnick guy. His job is to source funds for the NFF, create the right organization and hire successful coaches. His job description doesn't include micromanaging football teams, that's what coaches are for. If he wants to decide who should potentially get called up, he should resign as NFF chairman and go apply to be the SE coach.

this is not micromanaging
micromanaging would be telling the coach who and who not to pick for each game
all he is saying is there has to be some form of quality control around the process of calling up players
it also reduces opportunites for spivving and activities of the likes of Tony Harriss who for example knew reuben would be on the plane to brazil many months in advance and used that knowledge to make financial gain
a vetted database is a very sensible control measure if you ask me
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I have ZERO confidence in this Pinnick as FA president.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I have ZERO confidence in this Pinnick as FA president.
The guy will say what the natives want to hear. Let's see whether he will be be better than the ousted one. ANC Gold and WC QF is the minimum expectation.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I have ZERO confidence in this Pinnick as FA president.
The guy will say what the natives want to hear. Let's see whether he will be be better than the ousted one. ANC Gold and WC QF is the minimum expectation.

we should kuku give Amodu a contract AND realistic mandate, while giving him the conditions to succeed. All this oyibo-na-oyibo na nonsense!

In fact, if na me be Amodu, I will insult their papas and not take any temp caretaker job.

Yes, it would have been great if the likes of Finidi, Mutiu, Oliseh, Siasia, etc, took formal coaching courses AND are setting the league alight with stellar performances. In the absence of that, NFF SHOULD consider identifying coaches with potential and organizing training courses for them. That WILL be money well-spent. Even if they do not make it to the national team, these guys will at least raise the overall levels and profiles of our league. All this rushing to look for FC is an insult to each and EVERY NIGERIAN.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Peak mik, just dey dribble natives :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

we should kuku give Amodu a contract AND realistic mandate, while giving him the conditions to succeed. All this oyibo-na-oyibo na nonsense!

In fact, if na me be Amodu, I will insult their papas and not take any temp caretaker job.

Yes, it would have been great if the likes of Finidi, Mutiu, Oliseh, Siasia, etc, took formal coaching courses AND are setting the league alight with stellar performances. In the absence of that, NFF SHOULD consider identifying coaches with potential and organizing training courses for them. That WILL be money well-spent. Even if they do not make it to the national team, these guys will at least raise the overall levels and profiles of our league. All this rushing to look for FC is an insult to each and EVERY NIGERIAN.
A number of them have done coaching courses. However, who will give them the opportunity? Who will give them the break that they require? The coaches are also not helping themselves (especially the 1994 set). They need to work their way to the top instead of waiting for SE coach to drop on their lap.

We look for FC for many reasons. Some it is because of money to be made. Others it is ignorance. You also have those who are suffering from inferiority complex! They believe anything FOREIGN is better.

If we will employ an accomplished FC, one would have even given them a pass. However we all know that we can ONLY employ a journeyman!

Keshi is the ONLY oen to have coached TWO national teams apart from Nigeria.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote:

The main problems with Nigeria football are organization and professionalism from players to the NFF officials. Coaching is like 20 percent of the problem. We have capable coaches in Nigeria, getting a foreign coach is not mandatory. Getting a journey man no experience foreign coach just for the sake of getting a foreign coach is even worse. Putting on makeup to cover the black eye is not actually treating the black eye.

1. Lack of organization- which includes scouting the oppositions, players. The coach shouldn't be responsible for scouting the opposition. Having a league that young players can develop their talents. Friendlies before each competitive fixture. No more money row. Make sure the Eagles play on suitable playing surfaces. Players like Mikel should be excluded from the National team if they are not regulars for their club. The guy was out of shape. No untested players should be called up for an important fixture. No more sentiments in call ups.
2. Professionalism- Players sign an agreement that they get their money after the tournament. Players fined for arriving late to camp.

Lets not keep fooling ourselves. While I don't think getting a foreign coach is the right decision given our problems, we do not have capable coaches.

Just look at the quality of products from the NPL and the domestic game in general...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

We are contacting Rafa Beneathus :) He is very capable.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

smartbrother wrote:Those complaining about an fc should ask themselves this :
which local coach besides siasia is qualified to run the SE
we all see the utter mess keshi made of things before he got sacked
until the finidis, olisehs and garbas of this world get some experience under their belt and come of age, the only viable local coaching option will remain Siasia
obviously Pinnick could not sack Ke$hi ad rehire Siasia as that wouldve been a PR error so he has to go down the Fc route for now
Personally I would like to see Oliseh or Siasia hired as the assistant coach and lined up to take over once the FC's contract comes to an end

That makes a lot of sense. A quality foreign coach with SSS, and or Garba as assistants to take over. Kind of like how that Ghanaian coach was on the wings with the Serbian at the 2010 WC. The aim should be to build up capable domestic coaches, but are any ready at the current moment ?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Wanaj0:

I know some of those guys (94) have not exactly helped themselves, while those with certificates may not be given the opportunities. However, I don't think these are problems we cannot solve. You are right about those who want to make money from oyibo-na-oyibo, as well as those with inferiority complexes including players like Yak "we need a white coach".

I used to think it was OK to employ a top FC, but not anymore. One, there is no guarantee nor real interest in getting one. Next is, getting a Sir Alex or a Mourinho without plans in place to develop LCs is a waste of money.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

smartbrother wrote:

Nothing to clap for. We have been here in the past, a DB of our players were to have been created. Why are we going round in circles?

At most he should have said "update the db that we should already have".
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Wanaj0:

I know some of those guys (94) have not exactly helped themselves, while those with certificates may not be given the opportunities. However, I don't think these are problems we cannot solve. You are right about those who want to make money from oyibo-na-oyibo, as well as those with inferiority complexes including players like Yak "we need a white coach".

I used to think it was OK to employ a top FC, but not anymore. One, there is no guarantee nor real interest in getting one. Next is, getting a Sir Alex or a Mourinho without plans in place to develop LCs is a waste of money.
Firstly no TOP FC will come work for us.

Secondly, I don't think coaching is rocket science that we cannot find ONE Nigerian that is capable.

There are other reasons why people advocate for an FC. The most accomplished FC we've had of recent was Berti Vogts. We saw how his massage application technique widely celebrated by the natives led us to our WORST ANC performance since 1982!

I am with you on the FC issue. Would rather leave Amodu in charge than employ an FC.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wanaj0 wrote:

Secondly, I don't think coaching is rocket science that we cannot find ONE Nigerian that is capable.

There are other reasons why people advocate for an FC. The most accomplished FC we've had of recent was Berti Vogts. We saw how his massage application technique widely celebrated by the natives led us to our WORST ANC performance since 1982!

I am with you on the FC issue. Would rather leave Amodu in charge than employ an FC.
Not defending Vogts, but his team was beaten by the best team in Africa, PLAYING AT HOME. Is this really something to be ashamed of ?

2 years later with Amodu we lost to the same Ghana which were a PK away from the semi finals of the worldcup, we even outplayed them.

2000 we lost to the best Senegal team ever put together who also went to the quarter finals of the WC.

sometimes you just get beat BY A BETTER TEAM, there is no shame in this.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Why don't you wait for the foreign coach to be appointed first to know if he is a journey man or not.
yes o
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

wanaj0 wrote:

Please explain what you mean by ''Top foreign coach''
yes o
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Not defending Vogts, but his team was beaten by the best team in Africa, PLAYING AT HOME. Is this really something to be ashamed of ?

2 years later with Amodu we lost to the same Ghana which were a PK away from the semi finals of the worldcup, we even outplayed them.

2000 we lost to the best Senegal team ever put together who also went to the quarter finals of the WC.

sometimes you just get beat BY A BETTER TEAM, there is no shame in this.
Clown! We lost to a 10 man Ghana at home.

No shame losing to a better team? But Amodu lost to Senegalese team that made the WC QF. Lost to a Ghana team that made the WC QF, yet the VancityEagle himself wished death upon him. Now he is telling us how over paid Berti Stash record is NOTHING to be ashamed off.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

papilo wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Please explain what you mean by ''Top foreign coach''
Any coach that is not a journeyman. :tic:

A coach with a continental trophy to show!