Mba Selected Ahead of Me Because of Politics -- Igiebor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mba Selected Ahead of Me Because of Politics -- Igiebor

Post by Enugu II »

Igiebor: Why Super Eagles coach Rohr has not selected midfielder
Gbenga Adewoye
12:59 5/8/20
https://www.goal.com/en/news/igiebor-wh ... be68av2pmf

The 29-year-old has only featured twice for the three-time African champions since the arrival of the German tactician
Nosa Igiebor has revealed why he has not been playing for the Nigeria national team, suggesting he was frozen out by coach Gernot Rohr.
The 29-year-old was involved in the German tactician’s opening two games but was dropped to the bench against Zambia during the 2018 World Cup qualifying game.
The former Maccabi Tel Aviv midfielder explained he met with Rohr to know why he was not involved in the match, and the 66-year-old responded that he should move to a better league as the Israeli Premier League was not competitive enough.

“In Europe, if your coach doesn’t play you, you have a right to ask why you’re not getting game time so that you’ll know where to improve in your game,” he told Brila FM.
“The coach will even be happy. I did that when we got to Abuja. Wrapped my hands around the coach and asked him why I wasn’t playing.
“You know what he said to me? I should go and play in England because most players he played play in England.
“That he doesn’t like the level of the Israeli league insisting that I should move to a better league if I want to play. I was shocked because I have played in Betis and even in the Champions League in the past.
“The following week they took a picture from a newspaper in Nigeria and sent to me, you know what Rohr said about me is that I will not call these players again because they are only coming here for the bonus.
“First on the list is Nosa Igiebor, my name was number one. So I was interviewed on this same station and I said I don’t want to play for the national team again if that is what this man thinks about me.”
Igiebor was part of Nigeria’s squad that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations along with Sunday Mba, who emerged as one of the star-performers in the competition.
The former Real Betis midfielder was, however, excluded from the final Super Eagles squad to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has revealed why he failed to make Stephen Keshi’s list.
“Football is all politics, they took me out of the starting line-up, not because of Sunday Mba is better than me,” he continued.
“Yes he’s hardworking and he is very good, but it all boils down to the politics in Nigeria Football and that is why I wasn’t unable to go to the World cup. Even the Sunday Mba who was at the Afcon didn’t go to the world cup.”
The former Anorthosis Famagusta midfielder has made 15 appearances for the three-time African champions and scored two goals.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mba Selected Ahead of Me Because of Politics -- Igiebor

Post by deanotito »

There’s a term in American team sports where they refer to some players as JAGs. Igiebor na JAG. He has no bearing on whether you succeed or fail as a team.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So Igienor complained about Keshi and Rohr not seeing any need for him, he even admitted going up to the coach and hugging him and asking “coach why don’t you pick me” he needs to look at himself and ask where it went wrong.Why did he go from La liga to Israel?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
Igiebor: Why Super Eagles coach Rohr has not selected midfielder
Gbenga Adewoye
12:59 5/8/20
https://www.goal.com/en/news/igiebor-wh ... be68av2pmf

The 29-year-old has only featured twice for the three-time African champions since the arrival of the German tactician
Nosa Igiebor has revealed why he has not been playing for the Nigeria national team, suggesting he was frozen out by coach Gernot Rohr.
The 29-year-old was involved in the German tactician’s opening two games but was dropped to the bench against Zambia during the 2018 World Cup qualifying game.
The former Maccabi Tel Aviv midfielder explained he met with Rohr to know why he was not involved in the match, and the 66-year-old responded that he should move to a better league as the Israeli Premier League was not competitive enough.

“In Europe, if your coach doesn’t play you, you have a right to ask why you’re not getting game time so that you’ll know where to improve in your game,” he told Brila FM.
“The coach will even be happy. I did that when we got to Abuja. Wrapped my hands around the coach and asked him why I wasn’t playing.
“You know what he said to me? I should go and play in England because most players he played play in England.
“That he doesn’t like the level of the Israeli league insisting that I should move to a better league if I want to play. I was shocked because I have played in Betis and even in the Champions League in the past.
“The following week they took a picture from a newspaper in Nigeria and sent to me, you know what Rohr said about me is that I will not call these players again because they are only coming here for the bonus.
“First on the list is Nosa Igiebor, my name was number one. So I was interviewed on this same station and I said I don’t want to play for the national team again if that is what this man thinks about me.”
Igiebor was part of Nigeria’s squad that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations along with Sunday Mba, who emerged as one of the star-performers in the competition.
The former Real Betis midfielder was, however, excluded from the final Super Eagles squad to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has revealed why he failed to make Stephen Keshi’s list.
“Football is all politics, they took me out of the starting line-up, not because of Sunday Mba is better than me,” he continued.
“Yes he’s hardworking and he is very good, but it all boils down to the politics in Nigeria Football and that is why I wasn’t unable to go to the World cup. Even the Sunday Mba who was at the Afcon didn’t go to the world cup.”
The former Anorthosis Famagusta midfielder has made 15 appearances for the three-time African champions and scored two goals.
Welcome back bro
I am happy
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

deanotito wrote:There’s a term in American team sports where they refer to some players as JAGs. Igiebor na JAG. He has no bearing on whether you succeed or fail as a team.
He played in the MLS in 2017 for the Canadian team, Vancouver Whitecaps. His contract was not renewed after that one season with the team.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nah boredom, wey all these players just dey whine and cry about not being picked ok( but they were picked by this same managers a while back...carry on, nah covid 19 dey cause am..players are bored ..we all are
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:There’s a term in American team sports where they refer to some players as JAGs. Igiebor na JAG. He has no bearing on whether you succeed or fail as a team.
this is brutal..kai :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abeg Nosa, pipe down, you were given every single chance to solidify your spot on the team, only to play yourself completely off it and lose out to a home based player, kai....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:Abeg Nosa, pipe down, you were given every single chance to solidify your spot on the team, only to play yourself completely off it and lose out to a home based player, kai....
"Rohr asked to be his agent to help him find a better team. He refused and wasn't called back."
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

This dude sha!
Give it a rest Nosa! Kukuma Sunday Mba no go WC too
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Abeg Nosa, pipe down, you were given every single chance to solidify your spot on the team, only to play yourself completely off it and lose out to a home based player, kai....
"Rohr asked to be his agent to help him find a better team. He refused and wasn't called back."
:rotf: Na so we hear for Instagram interview...

I get Obasi and Ideye's gripes as they had delivered in the past and weren't given chances to play themselves off the team, but Keshi seemed to really love Nosa and kept giving him chance after chance and he came up short then was out for a while with an injury and when he got back couldn't make the Real Betis team anymore and moved to Isreal...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Mba collected Nosa shirt.. Mba started against Ethopia, last group stage game and we started winning from there.. In the quarters and Finals, Mba scored the winning goal.. This is one decision keshi got right.. Mba might be a local player, but for keshi system he was better and provided results..
afc##
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Nosa is an excellent player, just hasn't been lucky enough.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oscar52 wrote:Nosa is an excellent player, just hasn't been lucky enough.
He was, but couldn't really put it all together consistently for SE, that his goal vs Venezuela (?) is one of the best I've seen from an SE no. 10 in a long time.

Kai
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qUQVXGect ... e=youtu.be[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

maceo4 wrote:
He was, but couldn't really put it all together consistently for SE, that his goal vs Venezuela (?) is one of the best I've seen from an SE no. 10 in a long time.

Kai
I disagree most all the midfielders that Keshi took to the Confed cup years ago and the ones that Rohr paraded against England pre-worldcup are not better than Igiebor. Its either he does not shine in practice during crunch time (I have seen he jokes alot) or he does not have godfathers or teammates that advocate for him enough. Part of the problem with SE in last 15 years is just last of quality midfield play starting with the era of aged Okocha and Kanu together in midfield which usually means no midfield at all.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bros,

Nosa was outplayed by Mba at that ANC. Nosa was the starter and stunk up the field playing almost like a second forward and Nigeria produced little. Keshi famously was pissed on the sidelines about Nodsa playing almost like a second striker instead of an advanced midfield player. Eventually, he yanked Nosa and introduced Mba. The team immediately changed and the rest is history. We probably will not now be talking of winning that ANC if Keshi truck with Nosa as starter. He took the difficult decision introducing Mba ahead of Nosa and saved the tournament for Nigeria.
oscar52 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Kai
I disagree most all the midfielders that Keshi took to the Confed cup years ago and the ones that Rohr paraded against England pre-worldcup are not better than Igiebor. Its either he does not shine in practice during crunch time (I have seen he jokes alot) or he does not have godfathers or teammates that advocate for him enough. Part of the problem with SE in last 15 years is just last of quality midfield play starting with the era of aged Okocha and Kanu together in midfield which usually means no midfield at all.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Nosa didn't take his chances with the SE. He is a talented player and seemed to do better playing for his club. He seemed lost the times I saw him play the AM role for the SE. He may have had 1 or 2 good games with the SE, but there's little to remember from his appearances.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I like Nosa but he needs tp sharrap. If Keshi stuck with him instead of benching him at the 2013 AFCON, we would have been out after the 1st round. That being said Keshi really sold us short dropping Nosa for the likes of Uchebo and Gabriel Ruben. Tufia!!
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Nosa didn't play well at the Nations Cup and was rightly benched.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bret- hart wrote:I like Nosa but he needs tp sharrap. If Keshi stuck with him instead of benching him at the 2013 AFCON, we would have been out after the 1st round. That being said Keshi really sold us short dropping Nosa for the likes of Uchebo and Gabriel Ruben. Tufia!!
Nosa is of a higher quality than Reuben or Mba. What Mba had was tournament form .ie. Schillachi in Italia 90 or Pobosky in Euro 96, a form that cannot be sustained after the tournament.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:
bret- hart wrote:I like Nosa but he needs tp sharrap. If Keshi stuck with him instead of benching him at the 2013 AFCON, we would have been out after the 1st round. That being said Keshi really sold us short dropping Nosa for the likes of Uchebo and Gabriel Ruben. Tufia!!
Nosa is of a higher quality than Reuben or Mba. What Mba had was tournament form .ie. Schillachi in Italia 90 or Pobosky in Euro 96, a form that cannot be sustained after the tournament.
It´s quite sad, the special software could´t at the very least, find one player with tournament form for AfCon and WC.

The special software probably needs updating :winking:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The truth is Mba performed brilliantly in the ANC and Nosa struggled when he played. Mba fizzled out quickly after the ANC though. Always felt Mba was better as a forward than as an AM though.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:
It´s quite sad, the special software could´t at the very least, find one player with tournament form for AfCon and WC.

The special software probably needs updating :winking:
The software is still being developed!
I am happy