AFCON 2015: Morocco say No!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
AFCON 2015: Morocco say No!

Post by oyek »

AFCON 2015: MOROCCO SAY NO!
AFCON 2015: Morocco say NO!
by Stephane DeSaintsalvy
Saturday Nov 08, 2014. 23:18
Morocco will not host the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations from January 17 to February 8 has confirmed the Moroccan Ministry of Sports on Saturday.

The kingdom’s authorities had expressed their concerns over the Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa and requested the Confederation of African Football to postpone the tournament to June 2015 or January 2016.

However, following a meeting of their Executive Committee in Algiers last Sunday, CAF rejected Morocco’s request, confirmed its commitment to keep the tournament as scheduled and asked the Royal Moroccan Football Federation to clarify the country’s position no later than Saturday 8 November.

And Morocco decided to stick to their positions, maintaining their request for a postponement of the event.

The continental body is expected to give its final decision on Tuesday, following a meeting of its Executive Committee in Cairo.

It can either agree to postpone the event, move it to another country or another continent or cancel it. http://africanfootball.com/news/476571/ ... cco-say-NO
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: AFCON 2015: Morocco say No!

Post by Bigpokey24 »

June would be good,
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bring it to naija in January ...moroocco feeding on what is perpetuated by the west....funny they didnt say no to the club world cup.....

bring it to naija

put the new the akwa ibom stadium into use.....abuja stadium and new port harcourt stadium
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oyek wrote:AFCON 2015: MOROCCO SAY NO!
by Stephane DeSaintsalvy
Morocco will not host the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations from January 17 to February 8 has confirmed the Moroccan Ministry of Sports on Saturday.

The kingdom’s authorities had expressed their concerns over the Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa and requested the Confederation of African Football to postpone the tournament to June 2015 or January 2016.

However, following a meeting of their Executive Committee in Algiers last Sunday, CAF rejected Morocco’s request, confirmed its commitment to keep the tournament as scheduled and asked the Royal Moroccan Football Federation to clarify the country’s position no later than Saturday 8 November.

And Morocco decided to stick to their positions, maintaining their request for a postponement of the event.

The continental body is expected to give its final decision on Tuesday, following a meeting of its Executive Committee in Cairo.

It can either agree to postpone the event, move it to another country or another continent or cancel it. http://africanfootball.com/news/476571/ ... cco-say-NO

The way I see it, CAF has a default host already and should be expected to announce that host very soon. Just my tuppence.

It is very unlikely that CAF will move to June as that is likely to disrupt other CAF programs as the organization already pointed out.

What is surprisingly to me is Morocco's position. It is a bit stunning for several reasons. (1) Morocco opted to have Guinea (one of the Ebola countries) play its home games in Morocco. Where was the Ebola fear in this decision? (2) Of three major Ebola-striken country, only Guinea has a chance of qualifying. (3) Very few fans from Africa travel to the CAN. In most cases, the fans will be Moroccans. (4) Morocco had an opportunity to negotiate on No.3 above by restricting the travel of fans from Ebola-striken countries. IMHO, there something that just has not been spoken about Morocco's decision. My tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Bring it to naija in January ...moroocco feeding on what is perpetuated by the west....funny they didnt say no to the club world cup.....

bring it to naija

put the new the akwa ibom stadium into use.....abuja stadium and new port harcourt stadium
What's the gain for Nigeria?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Bring it to naija in January ...moroocco feeding on what is perpetuated by the west....funny they didnt say no to the club world cup.....

bring it to naija

winning our 4th cup of nations at home
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Enugu II wrote:
by Stephane DeSaintsalvy

The way I see it, CAF has a default host already and should be expected to announce that host very soon. Just my tuppence.

It is very unlikely that CAF will move to June as that is likely to disrupt other CAF programs as the organization already pointed out.

What is surprisingly to me is Morocco's position. It is a bit stunning for several reasons. (1) Morocco opted to have Guinea (one of the Ebola countries) play its home games in Morocco. Where was the Ebola fear in this decision? (2) Of three major Ebola-striken country, only Guinea has a chance of qualifying. (3) Very few fans from Africa travel to the CAN. In most cases, the fans will be Moroccans. (4) Morocco had an opportunity to negotiate on No.3 above by restricting the travel of fans from Ebola-striken countries. IMHO, there something that just has not been spoken about Morocco's decision. My tuppence.

It is very discouraging, Ebola this Ebola that, if they care much about it, why allow Guinea to play in their country. Morocco to me have another reason for not hosting. CAF I believe will have a country in waiting. And definitely Morocco should be disqualify from the competition,
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

tunde72 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
by Stephane DeSaintsalvy

It is very discouraging, Ebola this Ebola that, if they care much about it, why allow Guinea to play in their country. Morocco to me have another reason for not hosting. CAF I believe will have a country in waiting. And definitely Morocco should be disqualify from the competition,
Add to that, how many Africans actually travel for the AFCON (let alone Africans travelling from Sub-Sahara Africa? EBOLA is no doubt something more important to pay attention to than a sporting event, BUT Morocco's reasons do not add up at all! They say they are worried about crowd control, for crying out loud, the majority of travelling fans will be from neighboring North African countries & France (same crowd they will host 3 weeks b4 the AFCON is scheduled. The 3 most affected countries seem likely to not even qualify, BUT even if they did, the majority (if not all of their players) are based outside of the continent!
RFI recently suggested that Morocco has reasons other than what they advanced for requesting the postponement. I am inclined to believe that to be the case.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

We must tread carefully here.

x
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

But will morocco also be saying no to the club WC ?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

juventuss wrote:But will morocco also be saying no to the club WC ?
of course....morocco will not say no to anything european....this is a country that wanted to join the EU.....we know who the real africans are....
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Hopefully, CAF will find another host. That is the challenge but I believe that CAF has a Plan B based on its steadfast position against Morocco's request for a new date. If a host is to be announced quickly, expect a heavy fine coming Morocco's way. Though such a fine is likely to generate some flak from the media in Europe or sure.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

tunde72 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
by Stephane DeSaintsalvy

tunde, so what is the difference between what Enugu II had previously said and what you just wrote above? Next time, if you don't have anything new to add, you can just kpom the post.

This forum is full of functioning retarded people, for real :roll:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

juventuss wrote:But will morocco also be saying no to the club WC ?
Duh! Why do you ask questions that everyone already knows about. I find it weird. Yes they will host the worldclub championship. That will even generate more income compared to AFCON. This was announced weeks ago
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:Hopefully, CAF will find another host. That is the challenge but I believe that CAF has a Plan B based on its steadfast position against Morocco's request for a new date. If a host is to be announced quickly, expect a heavy fine coming Morocco's way. Though such a fine is likely to generate some flak from the media in Europe or sure.
Actually doubt there will be a fine. Host do not get fined for failing to host a tournament they would spend their own money on
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Hopefully, CAF will find another host. That is the challenge but I believe that CAF has a Plan B based on its steadfast position against Morocco's request for a new date. If a host is to be announced quickly, expect a heavy fine coming Morocco's way. Though such a fine is likely to generate some flak from the media in Europe or sure.
Actually doubt there will be a fine. Host do not get fined for failing to host a tournament they would spend their own money on
I think there will be one plus suspension. However, it would be a precedence as several other countries who did not host, after declaring to host, have gone unscathed. It will be a tough decision with media flak but CAF has to issue some consequences because there is little time and dire consequences for CAF's financial potential plus secured sponsors. I do not think the fact that Morocco is spending its own money prevents a fine. In fact, countries and clubs have spent money to register for CAF competitions and then withdrew. Those situations attracted fines and suspensions. The key thing here is that a country that withdrew as host has not previously attracted a fine or suspension but Morocco's move here came a bit too late and CAF may site the hosting of Guinea, WHO guidelines, and costs to CAF, and danger to calendar as rationale for fine and suspension. Well, let's just hope a new host is located.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:

bring it to naija

Have you considered the hosting costs?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:

bring it to naija

what cost?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:

bring it to naija

what cost?

Everything in life has costs and benefits. Is the ANC hosted for free?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:

bring it to naija

what cost?

Everything in life has costs and benefits. Is the ANC hosted for free?
we have the stadiums ready.....hotels ready.....so we don't have worry about that.....what other costs do you have in mind?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

General Trousers wrote:We must tread carefully here.

x
wow . thanks for that insight
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

they should be banned from alll footballing activities indefinitely
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
platinum wrote:

bring it to naija

what cost?
Human costs. Ebola and stampedes.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong