Pinnick wants more foreign born Nigerians in the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Pinnick wants more foreign born Nigerians in the SE

Post by mcal »

Solowe wrote:I think Picnick must be reading my posts on cyber eagles. I guess all great minds think alike. Very soon, he will be talking about Hiring mostly college graduates with technical degrees mostly into the coaching ranks.. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=254617&hilit=born

You funny people and your altra-nationalistic sentiments. Do you have any idea how Nigerian football developed this far ?? Its called Foreign Influence !! Mostly Ghanaians !! Yes, those bredas that you keep picking on have a lot to do with the development of football in Nigeria starting from the 70-s to the 80's. Then we had a Mixture of European/south American flavor to boost things up.

You guys should think more like Germany rather than England who refused to field Black players for decades especially when they had the largest selection of black people in Europe. The germans only had to see Nigeria play once in the 94 world cup and then they began including black players in their plans even though they do not even have a notable black population.
...name those bredas, south Americans/europeans in the Green Eagles in the 70s thru 80s. They can come and play at club level like in england, germany, etc not our national team.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

mcal wrote:
Solowe wrote:I think Picnick must be reading my posts on cyber eagles. I guess all great minds think alike. Very soon, he will be talking about Hiring mostly college graduates with technical degrees mostly into the coaching ranks.. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=254617&hilit=born

You funny people and your altra-nationalistic sentiments. Do you have any idea how Nigerian football developed this far ?? Its called Foreign Influence !! Mostly Ghanaians !! Yes, those bredas that you keep picking on have a lot to do with the development of football in Nigeria starting from the 70-s to the 80's. Then we had a Mixture of European/south American flavor to boost things up.

You guys should think more like Germany rather than England who refused to field Black players for decades especially when they had the largest selection of black people in Europe. The germans only had to see Nigeria play once in the 94 world cup and then they began including black players in their plans even though they do not even have a notable black population.
...name those bredas, south Americans/europeans in the Green Eagles in the 70s thru 80s. They can come and play at club level like in england, germany, etc not our national team.
Ghanaians Leotis Boateng and John Orlando - not too sure of John.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Is started with the likes of Ameobi, Sone Aluko, and Hope Akpan. The subsequent dual-qualified players such as Victor Moses, Iwobi, and Lookman are in a different class.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Interesting thread, ten years on.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Okidoki was so on point (apart from Aneke who was the biggest of all these youth stars at the time, but ironically never made it)…
okidoki wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:18 am I would take Aneke, Ola Aina, Chuba Akpom, Alex Iwob, Dominik Solanke and a host of others & embed them into the different cadres we have. It doesn't disturb Sunset academy or any other academies from exposing their stars.
While Sunset and Mcal were way off target. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:43 am And you think the likes of Akpom, Solanke (especially) & Aina won't have anything to say about this?
mcal wrote: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:33 pm...no foreign born, breed and playing for foreign club will (I emphasis will) come play for thieves. No well meaning father and mother will allow their kid to venture into the confused mix we have in Nigeria. Those that did it regret it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This wicked place called CE Archives.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:46 am Interesting thread, ten years on.
Okidoki was so on point (apart from Aneke who was the biggest of all these youth stars at the time, but ironically never made it)…
okidoki wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:18 am I would take Aneke, Ola Aina, Chuba Akpom, Alex Iwob, Dominik Solanke and a host of others & embed them into the different cadres we have. It doesn't disturb Sunset academy or any other academies from exposing their stars.
Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:43 am And you think the likes of Akpom, Solanke (especially) & Aina won't have anything to say about this?
mcal wrote: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:33 pm...no foreign born, breed and playing for foreign club will (I emphasis will) come play for thieves. No well meaning father and mother will allow their kid to venture into the confused mix we have in Nigeria. Those that did it regret it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we have all been way off at some point or another. Nobody should search for my own oh :D :D :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:09 am
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we have all been way off at some point or another. Nobody should search for my own oh :D :D :D
Your own ke? The lawyer in you that always adds a disclaimer to anything you write. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:27 am
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:09 am
Your own ke? The lawyer in you that always adds a disclaimer to anything you write. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
On this topic I'm OK. But I have been way off in the past. I don't know if I brought it to CE but I once argued that Karibe Ojigwe would captain Nigeria and become our first 100 cap player :D :D :D
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I would like to know where and when mcal lived in Nigeria. The guy is clueless about anything Nigeria. He might as well be a foreigner trying to act Nigerian.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...nothing is too far for Nigerian thieves achieve, they will always find a way to "sweet talk" their ways into making hays while the sun shines. The oblong headed-one proved it :biggrin:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lolly wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm
I would like to know where and when mcal lived in Nigeria. The guy is clueless about anything Nigeria. He might as well be a foreigner trying to act Nigerian.
...your today's Nigeria is nothing I lived in.
Y'all people money spreeing culture, hauling around cash in thousands and millions, has turned everything in that country upside down
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Seems you've (yet again) misunderstood the point but agenda must agend :oops: :blink:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mcal wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:52 pm
Y'all people money spreeing culture, hauling around cash in thousands and millions, has turned everything in that country upside down
Tell us which year you lived in Nigeria and I will name the thieves who reigned during that period.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lolly wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:16 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:52 pm
Tell us which year you lived in Nigeria and I will name the thieves who reigned during that period.
...I lived in Nigeria before you were born, so take your tongue count your teeth :biggrin: