Pinnick wants more foreign born Nigerians in the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pinnick wants more foreign born Nigerians in the SE

Post by okidoki »

The Algerian National team is made up of almost 80-90 percent of foreign born players. They pushed Germany more than the runners up Argentina did. I'm all up for all Nigerians getting their opportunity where ever they are based, so long as the NFF has plans to develop the young ones back home.
Francophone countries have long gone this route, and players like Drogba who left for Europe quite young are some of the beneficiaries of this method. Recently Ghana and Cameroon have had an influx of players that left the country quite young or born abroad. There isn't anything wrong with this in my book.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The guy is a fool. We have hundreds of talent in niaja that could be developed without begging but he wants to go through london. oloshi!! :boo: :boo: :boo:
Emir, the NFF should scout for talent any and every where. They should at the very least know who they are and monitor their progress... give them Naijaria as an option.

We are not talking about folks playing Sunday-Sunday ball... we are talking about players playing topflight footie...
Kpom!!!
Oya back to the matter
open and close
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Loads of mugu them rantings , just shake my head , what is wrong with what he said ? ,So how would it feel when our Kids start playing for the country of their birth with Strong Nigerian Name , na the same fools ranting go condemn the officials , let the recruiting starts atleast it will scrap coaches corruption .. It does not stop the development of our local talents .. Abeg make una go drink tea and sleep , the guy man get focus , major focus .. Without the likes of victor Moses Keshi for no pick up the ACON ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Oloku wetin be acon, u sef wan blow grammar, kai torey don wowo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Oloku wetin be acon, u sef wan blow grammar, kai torey don wowo
Loooool bigpunky na so ur myopic mind reach , so u no sabi wetin be ACON .. Chieee :rotf: :rotf:
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

okidoki wrote:The Algerian National team is made up of almost 80-90 percent of foreign born players. They pushed Germany more than the runners up Argentina did. I'm all up for all Nigerians getting their opportunity where ever they are based, so long as the NFF has plans to develop the young ones back home.
Francophone countries have long gone this route, and players like Drogba who left for Europe quite young are some of the beneficiaries of this method. Recently Ghana and Cameroon have had an influx of players that left the country quite young or born abroad. There isn't anything wrong with this in my book.
you dey mind this old school clowns who probably still wear their pants above the waistline level? everything about them even to the air they breath is fixated on unnecessary dichotomy, what's bad in investing in our foreign born talents, abi are they not Nigerians to? no one is saying it should be done at the expense of neglecting our local league but trust our uncles to take simple things like this out of context, hate it or not foreign based talents bring something different and scientific to the modern game,and the reasons are not far-fetched...
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

yannick wrote:
okidoki wrote:The Algerian National team is made up of almost 80-90 percent of foreign born players. They pushed Germany more than the runners up Argentina did. I'm all up for all Nigerians getting their opportunity where ever they are based, so long as the NFF has plans to develop the young ones back home.
you dey mind this old school clowns who probably still wear their pants above the waistline level? everything about them even to the air they breath is fixated on unnecessary dichotomy, what's bad in investing in our foreign born talents, abi are they not Nigerians to? no one is saying it should be done at the expense of neglecting our local league but trust our uncles to take simple things like this out of context, hate it or not foreign based talents bring something different and scientific to the modern game,and the reasons are not far-fetched...
:thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap: :agree:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Dude, you can't be seriously trying to compare the French youth Development system with the one that's present in England?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Sunset wrote:
Dude, you can't be seriously trying to compare the French youth Development system with the one that's present in England?
Is Alaba English or Sydney Sam
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The guy is a fool. We have hundreds of talent in niaja that could be developed without begging but he wants to go through london. oloshi!! :boo: :boo: :boo:
Emir, the NFF should scout for talent any and every where. They should at the very least know who they are and monitor their progress... give them Naijaria as an option.

We are not talking about folks playing Sunday-Sunday ball... we are talking about players playing topflight footie...
...nna na so my bro...if he no do Emir go say he no do...if he come dey do na wahala...whats wrong about encouraging foreign born...? Emir's vocab don change from useless to fool...I wonder wetin den dey feed Emir for Ibadan...
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Sunset wrote:
I would take Aneke,Ola Aina,Chuba Akpom,Alex Iwob,Dominik Solanke and a host of others & embed them into the different cadres we have.It doesn't disturb Sunset academy or any other academies from exposing their stars.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

okidoki wrote:
Sunset wrote:
I would take Aneke,Ola Aina,Chuba Akpom,Alex Iwob,Dominik Solanke and a host of others & embed them into the different cadres we have.It doesn't disturb Sunset academy or any other academies from exposing their stars.
And you think the likes of Akpom, Solanke (especially) & Aina won't have anything to say about this?
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

He is a fool for emphasizing what most Nigerians have been saying for a long time. Sometimes I wonder if Nigerians understand the meaning of some words they use.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:What a moronic statement. Yes we should go for them if they are of the necessary quality, but we shouldn't go for them jusg because they ate "foreign born"
Did he say he was going to bring "any" foreign born Nigerian. Sometimes I truly wonder...
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

niyi wrote:Pinnick is the spotted leopard that can't change its spots. As the head of Delta State's sports federation, Pinnick was "scouting" and dashing Urhobo names to Americans without a hint of Nigeria in their lineage. Chief Bambostic warned about him earlier on.

I've seen his interviews and he's nothing but a "poser" who says nothing but drops a few relevant sound bites every now and then. A guy-man through and through. We are in trouble if this is the man to lead the Naija FA for the next four years.
You were not in trouble when thieves and charlatan held sway as NFF chairmen for more than 30 years. Suddenly a man with proven track record has appeared and you think you and fellow enemies of progress are in trouble. Nigerians are beyond shocking!
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

Ahidjo wrote:
niyi wrote:Pinnick is the spotted leopard that can't change its spots. As the head of Delta State's sports federation, Pinnick was "scouting" and dashing Urhobo names to Americans without a hint of Nigeria in their lineage. Chief Bambostic warned about him earlier on.

I've seen his interviews and he's nothing but a "poser" who says nothing but drops a few relevant sound bites every now and then. A guy-man through and through. We are in trouble if this is the man to lead the Naija FA for the next four years.
You were not in trouble when thieves and charlatan held sway as NFF chairmen for more than 30 years. Suddenly a man with proven track record has appeared and you think you and fellow enemies of progress are in trouble. Nigerians are beyond shocking!
Ahidjo are you Nigerian?
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Sunset wrote:
okidoki wrote:
Sunset wrote:
And you think the likes of Akpom, Solanke (especially) & Aina won't have anything to say about this?
If they talk to 20 and 2-4 agree,all the best. They don't all have to agree.If we had people like Pinnick with foresight maybe a decade ago,probably an Alaba and a player like Gabriel Agbonlahor etc would be playing in the gwg.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

When he recruits these foreign born Nigerians definitely they will not receive automatic shirts because they are foreign born. Surely, they will compete for shirts with local born Nigerians. Competition is never bad for organization as long as it is done on this same plain level and everybody is given equal opportunity. Unless you have a fraudlent coach like Keshi whereby the highest bidder gets an automatic shirt.
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

yannick wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:

Ahidjo are you Nigerian?
Absolutely!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

If that is what Pinnick wants to do, it is fine with me as long as the players are good enough. The United States did it in this past World Cup and they did very well. Thus, I don't see anything wrong with the idea.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

If Pinnick does not immediately expunge the spirit of foreign coaches and players from his system, we must invoke the tempestuous spirit of Giwa to rise again!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Nothing wrong with recruiting our best footballers to play for us and/pr recruiting our best athletes to represent us. After all, our top athletes are representing other countries. At the last Olympic games, a vast number of Nigerian athletes were representing countries like Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, Bahrain, even the United States.

So the NFF Chairman is doing the right thing.

O pari
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Ahidjo wrote:
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:What a moronic statement. Yes we should go for them if they are of the necessary quality, but we shouldn't go for them jusg because they ate "foreign born"

Did he say he was going to bring "any" foreign born Nigerian. Sometimes I truly wonder...

Ahidjo, don't even bother with that dude. He's the biggest moron. And there so many of them on this forum, watch out for the likes of: BigPorky, Smartbrother (think I-R-O-N-Y), et al.
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer