Pinnick wants more foreign born Nigerians in the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pinnick wants more foreign born Nigerians in the SE

Post by aruako1 »

Nothing wrong with foreign born Nigerians. I would have Aneke and Aluko in my starting line up right now. However I am not confident that they would not be given preferential treatment. After all this was an NFF chairman that sought to exclude Nigerians from the position of SE manager.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This guy is trouble. He doesnt realise his role is to develop Football in Nigeria.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Hint:
Picnic spoke about short term, middle and long term plans. The recruitment of Nigerians playing in foreign countries is one of the middle term plans. Development of our league and players therein is one of his long term plans. The journalist who wrote this story irresponsibility shut out the short and long term plans. Please don't fall for it.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

chendosplastic wrote:Hint:
Picnic spoke about short term, middle and long term plans. The recruitment of Nigerians playing in foreign countries is one of the middle term plans. Development of our league and players therein is one of his long term plans. The journalist who wrote this story irresponsibility shut out the short and long term plans. Please don't fall for it.
welcome to Nigeria my brother, Journalism has really gone to the dogs in that country.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

chendosplastic wrote:Hint:
Journalism needs a major reboot in that country. Very few are still practising it properly. The rest are propaganda experts.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:If that is what Pinnick wants to do, it is fine with me as long as the players are good enough. The United States did it in this past World Cup and they did very well. Thus, I don't see anything wrong with the idea.
...United States don't play soccer all year round.
Soccer is not their number 1 sport vs. Nigeria where everyone plays the sport.
For Goodness sake why can't we develop from within?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Instead of looking for foreign borns why not just call up the players that are turning heads in Europe. Like Abdul Ajagun - 2 goals in 2 games, a starter for Panathinaikos, one of the bigger European clubs.

This weekend MOTM in the Greek league with a goal and an assist:
[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Odas wrote:If that is what Pinnick wants to do, it is fine with me as long as the players are good enough. The United States did it in this past World Cup and they did very well. Thus, I don't see anything wrong with the idea.
We can, but idealism isn't going to help us just yet.
That is the long term goal but we need to integrate short, medium and long term. No harm in using what you have to get what you want and to where u want to go.

No nation can reach its full potential without a solid home base. But no nation ignores or rejects its assets abroad either. They are not mutually exclusive.

In today's world, you grab whatever is yours, and more if you can. If not, somebody else will grab it and use it to beat you over the head.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marutimon wrote: Instead of looking for foreign borns why not just call up the players that are turning heads in Europe. Like Abdul Ajagun - 2 goals in 2 games, a starter for Panathinaikos, one of the bigger European clubs.

This weekend MOTM in the Greek league with a goal and an assist:
[/video]
That is a very good question and it takes all of us back to the same problem which is (Keshi) the coach. Keshi should call our outstanding players all over the world and let them show their capability on the field and from the mist, pick the BEST players we have. The refusal to invite our BEST players is what is killing us - mainly.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
That is the long term goal but we need to integrate short, medium and long term. No harm in using what you have to get what you want and to where u want to go.

No nation can reach its full potential without a solid home base. But no nation ignores or rejects its assets abroad either. They are not mutually exclusive.

In today's world, you grab whatever is yours, and more if you can. If not, somebody else will grab it and use it to beat you over the head.
...this your logic sound one kind. If home is "good" those born and raised abroad in a buttered environment will come but that's not the case here where we have fire and brimstone as football administration.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Isn't it fuuny that the past NFF administration has already started the process by inviting Dikes sister born in the USA to future for baby falcons. Truth is every body that has Nigerian bloood should be eligible to future for the nation,all the other jest is balderdash.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:

...this your logic sound one kind. If home is "good" those born and raised abroad in a buttered environment will come but that's not the case here where we have fire and brimstone as football administration.
well, that foreign 'buttered' environment did no harm to the Germans, Italians, Spanish and Dutch. I think the myth of 'ajebota' v 'ajepako' in football is a complete myth anyway. Better nutrition is one reason why for example US black athletes are bigger and stronger than their African cousins.

As for the admin, we can only go by what they say their intentions are. No need prejudging them and no need judging them by their predecessors. Patapata, adopt a siddon look attitude until they actually show their hand.

Making home 'good' as you say is not gonna happen overnight and not even by next week. In the meantime we want to play football and you expect to win. It's why you are so critical of everything and everybody. But you can't be critical of the status quo and then when someone comes along saying the right things you yourself have been advocating, you now insist on being cynical to the point that even the baby is being thrown out with the bath water.
Sometimes you have to give someone a chance, even if it is to fail. But don't pray for it, just to make yourself feel superior.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

okidoki wrote:Isn't it fuuny that the past NFF administration has already started the process by inviting Dikes sister born in the USA to future for baby falcons. Truth is every body that has Nigerian bloood should be eligible to future for the nation,all the other jest is balderdash.
Kpom!

I don't know why folks are making out like he said that this will be his sole focus.

We have a lot of Naijarians in diaspora who are having exceptionally talented kids. Other countries are caping athletes who have any link to their country as long as they are good enough.

What Pinnick is doing is commendable. NFF should have a department that monitors players of Naijarian heritage just like they have a department that monitors Naija players in Naijaria.

We need our best regardless of where they are...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
okidoki wrote:Isn't it fuuny that the past NFF administration has already started the process by inviting Dikes sister born in the USA to future for baby falcons. Truth is every body that has Nigerian bloood should be eligible to future for the nation,all the other jest is balderdash.
Kpom!

I don't know why folks are making out like he said that this will be his sole focus.

We have a lot of Naijarians in diaspora who are having exceptionally talented kids. Other countries are caping athletes who have any link to their country as long as they are good enough.
What Pinnick is doing is commendable. NFF should have a department that monitors players of Naijarian heritage just like they have a department that monitors Naija players in Naijaria.

you people are funny..These so called"we need our best" why aren't they known? Which of these youth players are getting mad rave reviews anywhere? please give me 3 names. Are they middle term or short term :roll: This is all hogwash...until we get real with ourselves , all these mouth game by peakmilk is to make folks gullible.

Focus on developing home grown talents first, instead of looking for players developed by other leagues( when all these foreign leagues starts shouting quota etc, you people will be crying discrimination etc..Fix the grass root levels first, , then our league( look at what SA/Egypt are is doing with their leagues)

Action speaks louder than voice.Peakmilk is a talker, coming on TV and saying long term, middle term and short term.. go and work , instead of campaigning on TV .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

You people are confusing, you don't want foreign coach but you mind foreign Nigerians.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Kpom!

you people are funny..These so called"we need our best" why aren't they known? Which of these youth players are getting mad rave reviews anywhere? please give me 3 names. Are they middle term or short term :roll: This is all hogwash...until we get real with ourselves , all these mouth game by peakmilk is to make folks gullible.

Focus on developing home grown talents first, instead of looking for players developed by other leagues( when all these foreign leagues starts shouting quota etc, you people will be crying discrimination etc..Fix the grass root levels first, , then our league( look at what SA/Egypt are is doing with their leagues)

Action speaks louder than voice.Peakmilk is a talker, coming on TV and saying long term, middle term and short term.. go and work , instead of campaigning on TV .
Maybe he is trying to scrap a situation where a homebase player will deliver his match bonus to an NT coach just to cont.. to receive call up ,while the other's bigger players will dash a coach their match bonus just to buy favour .. :idea:
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:You people are confusing, you don't want foreign coach but you mind foreign Nigerians.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

KingLoku wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Kpom!

Maybe he is trying to scrap a situation where a homebase player will deliver his match bonus to an NT coach just to cont.. to receive call up ,while the other's bigger players will dash a coach their match bonus just to buy favour .. :idea:
What? :huh: please try as much as possible to explain what you just wrote, it makes no sense at all
SuperEagles

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I think Picnick must be reading my posts on cyber eagles. I guess all great minds think alike. Very soon, he will be talking about Hiring mostly college graduates with technical degrees mostly into the coaching ranks.. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=254617&hilit=born

You funny people and your altra-nationalistic sentiments. Do you have any idea how Nigerian football developed this far ?? Its called Foreign Influence !! Mostly Ghanaians !! Yes, those bredas that you keep picking on have a lot to do with the development of football in Nigeria starting from the 70-s to the 80's. Then we had a Mixture of European/south American flavor to boost things up.

You guys should think more like Germany rather than England who refused to field Black players for decades especially when they had the largest selection of black people in Europe. The germans only had to see Nigeria play once in the 94 world cup and then they began including black players in their plans even though they do not even have a notable black population.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Kpom!

What? :huh: please try as much as possible to explain what you just wrote, it makes no sense at all
It will not make sense to a selective memory and reasonings !!! Anyway make we dey watch in a few days all the cloudy water go settle down than we go sabi where the Sr National team dey head .as the Jr National teams dey in capable hands ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Na waa for una o.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:You people are confusing, you don't want foreign coach but you mind foreign Nigerians.
Why are you laughing at a daft statement?

In Pinnick NFF, you won't even be considered to coach the Eagles because being Naijarian disqualifies you.

But on looking for the best Naijarian to play for the Eagles, he got that one right...

Keep laughing with someone who does not see any redeemable quality in Naijarians or Naijarians.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Why are you laughing at a daft statement?

In Pinnick NFF, you won't even be considered to coach the Eagles because being Naijarian disqualifies you.

But on looking for the best Naijarian to play for the Eagles, he got that one right...

Keep laughing with someone who does not see any redeemable quality in Naijarians or Naijarians.
i laugh with everyone, pappy is a kid and what he wrote was funny , however i asked you to list these so called foreign youth world beaters peakmilk has in mind, is it Chuks Aneke , who assanl sold, or Ameobi who is already committed to Nigeria? You should question peakmilk and scrutinize his jargons ...but work go soon finish for office , you are yet to list these players.
SuperEagles