Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 100  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 pm 

Good weekend for Man Utd:

*won away against Boro
*Fellaini scored
*A right back scored
*Young played well and got an assist
*No new injuries
*Man City, Arsenal, and Liverpool dropped points.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 am 

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
By the way, that 343 set up makes ManU very balanced. Knowing Jose, he must be loving the shifts from both his wing backs (Young & Valencia).

I dont think he will play the 3-4-3 for long. Its a formation of necessity. he said as much before he started playing it @ Rostov. They do not have a lot of central midfielders right now and with the amount of games they have to play, he wanted to reduce the amount of midfielders he plays from 3 to 2.

And I dont think their fans like it either. Since they have started playing it, they have been conceding possession.

yes .. but they have been in control of games and especially defensively much more sound which provides a solid platform to attack or counter depending on the situation. Jose loves to control games and doesn't really care much about possession stats although sometimes it bites him in the arse late in games where he makes those defensive subs. You saw how happy he was at the end yesterday. Relief :lol:

It also brings out the strengths of Valencia and Young as wingbacks. Young is a very good crosser of the ball. Had almost forgotten how deadly he was at Aston Villa. I cant stand him though.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:56 pm 

UNITED ANNOUNCES PRE-SEASON TOUR TO USA

• Tour 2017, presented by Aon
• United to play five games in North America this summer
• Games to be played on the east and west coast

(NYSE:MANU) Manchester United will play games in the United States of America this summer for Tour 2017, presented by Aon.

Jose Mourinho’s men will play five games in five cities, including matches in Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Santa Clara and Washington DC.

In the previous two visits to the USA, the club has welcomed more than half a million supporters to games across the States, in a country where United has over eight million followers.

The two-week tour forms part of the club’s preparations for the 2017/18 Premier League campaign, with further details regarding Tour 2017, including opposition teams, venues and ticket details, to be announced in the coming days.

United first visited America in 1950 as part of a close-season tour, playing against local clubs. The long-standing relationship with the USA has seen the club make a further 14 visits to the country facing American and Mexican sides as well as a host of clubs from across Europe.

Speaking of the summer plans, United’s executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, said: “Visiting North America will give the team the best possible preparation for the new season, using top-class training facilities and playing in some great stadiums.

“We have witnessed first-hand the passion and support for the club in the US in recent years, so naturally it is something that everybody is very much looking forward to this summer.”

Aon is the presenting partner of Manchester United’s Tour 2017, offering its expertise in risk management, insurance, reinsurance brokerage and human resources solutions.

President and chief executive officer of Aon, Greg Case, said: “We are pleased to partner with Manchester United as the club makes its return to the United States for Tour 2017. In the US, and around the world, we work with organisations to empower results by reducing volatility and finding opportunities to improve performance. Like Manchester United, we believe that success requires a compelling strategy, strong execution and above all, leadership. We look forward to supporting the club on their journey to greatness.”

----------------------------------------------------------------
* 3SC * COD UNITED * MAN UTD * CORINTHIANS *

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:59 pm 

tfco wrote:
anderlecht next.

easy

Like this, right? Don't underrate any side.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:08 pm 

Bastian Schweinsteiger has joined Chicago Fire of the MLS: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39336934

Good luck Bastian. Shame things did not work out at Man Utd. He was the right player at the wrong time (5 years too late after injuries and age took their toll on him). At the time he was signed Man Utd were desperately in need of a World Cup and Champions League winning German midfielder. Sadly the name of the player Man Utd should have signed was Sami Khedira, not Bastian. Khedira was available for free as his contract had expired. Instead Man Utd decided it was wiser to pay 7 million for an injury ravaged player over 30 than to sign a player in his 20s, and prime of his career for free.

Plus Jonesy (back in the England squad after 3-4 years) has had to pull out because he picked up an injury in training: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39344239 Story of his career.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:49 pm 

wiseone wrote:
Good weekend for Man Utd:

*won away against Boro
*Fellaini scored
*A right back scored
*Young played well and got an assist
*No new injuries
*Man City, Arsenal, and Liverpool dropped points.

:D

Young is actually a solid left wing back, his crosses are priceless, he and Valencia make a solid combination, can remember during LVG reign, Young made so many assists with his pin point delivery crosses, hope Mourinho uses him more

I held a party for my son who came home from a 10 year sojourn in the UK, when he opened his dirty mouth to respond to the toast in front of my rotary colleagues, he spoke in a Nigerian farmer accent and i responded with a dirty slap and chatised him from hanging out in Ajegunle part of London, Plumsted, i specifically warned him to hang out with British people, never again, waste of my finances!
Diary of the Chief!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:00 pm 

The irony is that the four best players of the LVG era were DDG, Mike Smalling, Young, and Fellaini. A whipped and dipping Young cross followed by a Fellaini header at the far post was a successful weapon for Man Utd during that time. It sounds odd, but Ashley Young pushed Di Maria onto the bench and eventually out of the club. A guy who won the Champions League and played in the World Cup final months earlier, was kept out of the team by....Ashley Young!

Young tracks back, crosses the ball, works hard, played left back, left wing, left-wing back, right back, right wing back, right wing, center forward and wherever the manager told him to play (AKA things Di Maria did not do).

marko wrote:
Young is actually a solid left wing back, his crosses are priceless, he and Valencia make a solid combination, can remember during LVG reign, Young made so many assists with his pin point delivery crosses, hope Mourinho uses him more

Last edited by wiseone on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 pm 

wiseone wrote:
The irony is that the four best players of the LVG era were DDG, Mike Smalling, Young, and Fellaini. A whipped and dipping young cross followed by a Fellaini header at the far post was a successful weapon for Man Utd during that time. It sounds odd, but Ashley Young pushed Di Maria onto the bench and eventually out of the club. A guy who won the Champions League and played in the World Cup final months earlier, was kept out of the team by....Ashley Young!

Young tracks back, crosses the ball, works hard, played left back, left wing, left-wing back, right back, right wing back, right wing, center forward and wherever the manager told him to play (AKA things Di Maria did not do).

marko wrote:

Exactly, I don't think Young is good on the right side but the left side, he is quite good, he even defends well, something tells me Mourinho will keep him, he and Valencia are workaholics, every team needs these types of utility players

I held a party for my son who came home from a 10 year sojourn in the UK, when he opened his dirty mouth to respond to the toast in front of my rotary colleagues, he spoke in a Nigerian farmer accent and i responded with a dirty slap and chatised him from hanging out in Ajegunle part of London, Plumsted, i specifically warned him to hang out with British people, never again, waste of my finances!
Diary of the Chief!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:16 pm 

wiseone wrote:
How did Man Utd contrive to draw those games against Bournemouth, Burnley, Arsenal, Hull, Everton, West Ham, Liverpool, and Stoke after laying siege to the opponents' goal. Combination of bad finishing, heroic goalkeeping by the opposition GK, and Jose trying to win 1-0 ([b]rather than go for a killer second goal) led to them repeatedly conceding late/last minute equalisers. 14 very valuable points dropped in games they should have won by a canter, but drew.[/b]

If Man Utd finish 5th but end the season with the EFL Cup in the cabinet, what will happen to Jose? LVG was fired for winning the FA Cup and finishing 5th (on goal difference - same points as Man City).

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Was he attacking too much or not attacking enough? Make up your mind bro.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:42 pm 

Ugbowo wrote:
wiseone wrote:
How did Man Utd contrive to draw those games against Bournemouth, Burnley, Arsenal, Hull, Everton, West Ham, Liverpool, and Stoke after laying siege to the opponents' goal. Combination of bad finishing, heroic goalkeeping by the opposition GK, and Jose trying to win 1-0 ([b]rather than go for a killer second goal) led to them repeatedly conceding late/last minute equalisers. 14 very valuable points dropped in games they should have won by a canter, but drew.[/b]

If Man Utd finish 5th but end the season with the EFL Cup in the cabinet, what will happen to Jose? LVG was fired for winning the FA Cup and finishing 5th (on goal difference - same points as Man City).

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:49 pm 

The part where I said Jose "tries to win 1-0" is very relevant. He attacks until his team takes the lead, then as soon as that happens - he tries to shut up shop, takes off attacking players, and defends the lead by doing things like playing 4 central defenders and having 7 defenders on the pitch simultaneously (the sort of tactics that cost him points against Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Everton, etc and nearly cost him the game against Boro).

Ugbowo wrote:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:56 pm 

green4life wrote:
benteke wrote:
Is Mourinho now adopting a version of 3-5-2 formation ?

Played 343 yesterday. Yep. After criticizing Conte, he's now shamelessly copying the man's style. :agree:

Na wa for Jose ... Danfo Driver about to respond in 5..4...3 ......... :lol:

No mind the guy. Goes about complaining about Chelsea playing defensive, then reverts to doing the same.

Anyways, he is a Chelsea great, so SB appreciates one of hers continuing or copying her style.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:19 pm 

green4life wrote:
benteke wrote:
Is Mourinho now adopting a version of 3-5-2 formation ?

Played 343 yesterday. Yep. After criticizing Conte, he's now shamelessly copying the man's style. :agree:

Na wa for Jose ... Danfo Driver about to respond in 5..4...3 ......... :lol:

i know you are having a laugh with us, but i think 3-whatever formation doesn't belong to anyone, i could argue Mourinho is building on and altering the 3-5-2 that LVG played for a while in his 1st season at United, it was based on using Young and Valencia as wingbacks :taunt: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:53 pm 

Replayed that Liverpool home defeat to Swansea for my viewing pleasure. :D Man that was sweet. Never gets old.

wiseone wrote:
The last 2 weeks have been good for Man Utd fans:

*Man Utd through to the final of the EFL Cup
*Man Utd through to round 5 of the FA Cup
*Liverpool knocked out of the EFL Cup
*Liverpool knocked out of the FA Cup
*Liverpool losing at home to Southampton, Swansea, and Wolves
*Liverpool losing away to Hull
*Leeds knocked out of the FA Cup by a non-league team

I know that many Man Utd fans taped the games that Liverpool and Leeds lost, and play them back with a glass of red wine in hand so they can enjoy the tears of the Leeds and Liverpool fans (which are as sweet as honey for Man Utd fans
).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:29 am 

LVG-esque injury days are back:

Jonesy - toe injury (probably out for the rest of the season)*
Mike Smalling - calf injury (probably out for the rest of the season) - he is the one that injured Jones in England training
Johnny Kills - groin surgery (out for amonth)
Pogba - hamstring injury
Andrew Smith - suspended
Zlatan - suspended

I have been saying for ages that it was not a very good idea to sell 3 central midfielders in 1 year (leaving only Fellaini and Carrick available for this weekend's game against WBA). As a result Man Utd started with 4 defenders (including two from the youth team) on the bench.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ining.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:34 am 

wiseone wrote:

Mike Smalling - calf injury (probably out for the rest of the season) - he is the one that injured Jones in England training
Pogba - hamstring injury
Andrew Smith - suspended
Zlatan - suspended

I have been saying for ages that it was not a very good idea to sell 3 central midfielders in 1 year (leaving only Fellaini and Carrick available for this weekend's game against WBA). As a result Man Utd started with 4 defenders (including two from the youth team) on the bench.

So you talk about LVG-esque" injury and decide to add suspended players to your list just for maximum drama. Yep the list is quite long. You should have added players out on loans to the list. :tic:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:23 pm 

Manchester fans, are you guys worried about Luke Shaw?

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/statu ... 1349328897

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 pm 

4 managers who have coached him have commented negatively on his fitness. Jose's latest comments on Shaw:

"It is difficult for him to be on the bench,..I cannot compare him with Ashley Young, with Matteo Darmian, with Daley Blind. I cannot compare the way he trains, the way he commits, the focus, the ambition. I cannot compare. He is a long way behind.”

One of Shaw's managers also remarked about how Shaw needed off-pitch assistance to cope with life. Not looking good for Shaw right now...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 pm 

wiseone wrote:

Pogba - hamstring injury
Andrew Smith - suspended
Zlatan - suspended

I wonder how United will make it through the month of April

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm 

9 games in 30 days is brutal. This injury crisis came at the worst time. Would have been nice to have a French international midfielder to come into the side to deputise for the absent Smith and Pogba. Benteke, these days it pains me when I see talented players that Man Utd should never have sold excelling elsewhere:

A year ago LVG sold Michael Keane to Burnley (and before then he sold Zaha back to CP). My exact words at the time were:

LVG sold [Michael] Keane to Burnley for 2.5 million (at a time when Man Utd was reeling for a massive injury crisis with 17 players injured: most of whom were defenders). 8 months later Keane is the most talked about/most wanted English defender. Leicester had a 15 million pound bid for him turned down and Chelsea are ready to pay 25 million to buy him.

Letting a highly defensive rated talent like that get away (at a time when he was already an England U21 international, Man Utd were struggling with defensive injuries, and having already been identified as a future international by Rio Ferdinand) was madness...This reeks of the Pique-Pogba mess all over again. Who knows. Man Utd may have to pay 30-40 million one day to bring Keane back to the club one day. Keane was part of the 2011 Man Utd youth team that won the FA Youth Cup (along with Pogba, Morrison (now at Lazio), Lingard, and Will Keane (Michael's twin brother)).

Michael Keane started his first game for England last weekend.

On Zaha I said: "Ditto selling Zaha. Hope that does not turn into a Pogba saga."

Zaha is tearing things up with CP and they will be lucky to hang on to him this summer. He will probably cost someone 35 million to buy.

Sigh...

benteke wrote:
I wonder how United will make it through the month of April

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:52 pm 

...Luke Shaw, if he were an African dem for don off load him. White and english got there privileges.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:21 pm 

mcal wrote:
...Luke Shaw, if he were an African dem for don off load him. White and english got there privileges.

:agree: So when did this fitness become wahala?28 million flush like toilet paper.Soton laughing all way to the bank.
I feel sorry for the guy after break his leg,never be the same.Reason I respect guys like Ramsey come back strong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:47 pm 

I respect Spurs for putting their foot down and capping salaries for young players. Man Utd paid a 30 million transfer fee and agreed to pay a salary of 100K per week to an 18yo with only one season of EPL experience. That is a staggering commitment for someone who has loads of potential but is still a WIP.

kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:

:agree: So when did this fitness become wahala?28 million flush like toilet paper.Soton laughing all way to the bank.
I feel sorry for the guy after break his leg,never be the same.Reason I respect guys like Ramsey come back strong

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 100  Next