Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by zee »

marko wrote:The game was quite even and could have gone either way, the likes of city or liverpool would have destroyed wolves, Lukaku seems to be off form, first touch still letting him down, sanchez, well absolute no value for money
Sanchez is doing what he does best.............................GRAGRA :mrgreen:

BTW, where is Okokobrinko :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......Pep don chase the airheaded 'football-know-nothing' away from CE.
Okokobrinko, I know that you still visit CE without logging in. :D :D :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

These are the valuable 3 points we should be getting now, especially playing at home, Mourinho just cant get the best out if this team
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:These are the valuable 3 points we should be getting now, especially playing at home, Mourinho just cant get the best out if this team
The man is done!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

zee wrote:
marko wrote:The game was quite even and could have gone either way, the likes of city or liverpool would have destroyed wolves, Lukaku seems to be off form, first touch still letting him down, sanchez, well absolute no value for money

BTW, where is Okokobrinko :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......Pep don chase the airheaded 'football-know-nothing' away from CE.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

metalalloy wrote:
zee wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

This Man United team is just poorly coached.
Look at all their talent. They are already 8 points behind Liverpool after 6 games?
I believe Man United needs a player like Ozil to help move the ball better. United has too many athletes, too few footballers.
I don't think Mou. ends the season at United.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:This Man United team is just poorly coached.
Look at all their talent. They are already 8 points behind Liverpool after 6 games?
I believe Man United needs a player like Ozil to help move the ball better. United has too many athletes, too few footballers.
He will end the season,Manu dont fire coaches like Chelsea.
Also Jose style of play Ozil will be useful to small teams.Teams that come to play Manu play deep and ready for bus parking.In such set up Ozil become short one and add Lazy Pogba who is still childish most times..
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

Great to see Fergie back on his feet by the way.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba played well today but the frontmen were piss poor, martial, lukaku, sanchez, nothing, anyone expecting miracles this season will need to wait longer, confidence is our issue now, teams come to united and dominate play, lesser teams for that matter, sorry Mourinho funished at top level football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

we 'lost', so Marko is back to his best lol

have you contacted Mourinho's replacement?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

can04 wrote:Great to see Fergie back on his feet by the way.

That man should be back coaching Man U. :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:we 'lost', so Marko is back to his best lol

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

This thread is not about Marko, its about united, even the blind can see we are operating at 50%, whats the point of buying Sanchez if he offers nothing to the team, we bought him as an impact player, right now, its either he is been poorly coached or he dont suit the united system, Mourinho said yesterday, strikers are performing at 30%, well its your job to make sure they perform at 150%

Yesterday game was a loss to me, these are games where we supposed to ge 3 points, especially playing at home, Wolves are not going to win the premiership, they are fighting for survival so for them, every point matters

I dont know what is Mourinho long term strategy except use transfer to solve issues, we can see city strategy, we can see liverpool strategy, we can even see chelsea strategy, right now we dont have any

Mourinho still does not know his best 11 and that is why we will struggle this season

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

marko wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

This thread is not about Marko, its about united, even the blind can see we are operating at 50%, whats the point of buying Sanchez if he offers nothing to the team, we bought him as an impact player, right now, its either he is been poorly coached or he dont suit the united system, Mourinho said yesterday, strikers are performing at 30%, well its your job to make sure they perform at 150%

Yesterday game was a loss to me, these are games where we supposed to ge 3 points, especially playing at home, Wolves are not going to win the premiership, they are fighting for survival so for them, every point matters

I dont know what is Mourinho long term strategy except use transfer to solve issues, we can see city strategy, we can see liverpool strategy, we can even see chelsea strategy, right now we dont have any

Mourinho still does not know his best 11 and that is why we will struggle this season
How many goals has Sanchez scored for Man United to be collecting £400k every week? Kane fails to score for 3 games and it's like the world is coming to an and and he's only on 200k.

Anyway sha una get money printing making for stadium
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

pajimoh wrote:
marko wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

How many goals has Sanchez scored for Man United to be collecting £400k every week? Kane fails to score for 3 games and it's like the world is coming to an and and he's only on 200k.

ROI is low for Sanchez, he is not playing like a 400,000 a week player! Valencia used to take on players and cross, he does not do that anymore, did Mourinho ask him to cut this out for fear of losing the ball? Something is not right at united

If lukaku dies not perform, why not take him off and let Martial play centre forward? This season is going to be hard to watch

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

It's exactly like what we saw midweek from PSG stars, their poor attitude saw them being dominated by a midfield of hungrier but less talented Liverpool players.

United players have a problem of attitude and to expect them to play exciting football based on the fact that they cost a lot of money, is just a waste of time.
No wonder Mourinho keeps criticising the likes of Martial. They need a heavy handed manager who is very ruthless
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

benteke wrote:
It's exactly like what we saw midweek from PSG stars, their poor attitude saw them being dominated by a midfield of hungrier but less talented Liverpool players.

United players have a problem of attitude and to expect them to play exciting football based on the fact that they cost a lot of money, is just a waste of time.
No wonder Mourinho keeps criticising the likes of Martial. They need a heavy handed manager who is very ruthless
No..........they need a REAL coach.
You hire a FOOTBALL-COWARD.................you play like COWARDS :D .
It is that simple. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
marko wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

ROI is low for Sanchez, he is not playing like a 400,000 a week player! Valencia used to take on players and cross, he does not do that anymore, did Mourinho ask him to cut this out for fear of losing the ball? Something is not right at united

If lukaku dies not perform, why not take him off and let Martial play centre forward? This season is going to be hard to watch
You see how much better it is when Pogba puts in a shift that we expect of a United player of that stature. Imagine if he does that every single weekend and everyone eventually joins in a the whole team is on form at the same time, you will see a team that can beat any side in Europe.

But Pogba doesn't do that every weekend, end it bounces off other players.

That is the major problem Mourinho is facing, how can he motivate these guys to do it 100% every single game.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

zee wrote:
benteke wrote:

No..........they need a REAL coach.
You hire a FOOTBALL-COWARD.................you play like COWARDS :D .
It is that simple. :mrgreen:
Jose used to be very ruthless, now he is mellow and he is paying for it.
He should not have changed his style to suit United prima donnas
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Part of his job is to keep the egos in check, Guardiola is very iron fisted when it comes to getting rid of distabilising elements, see how he got rid of Eto, Ronaldinho, Zlatan and a host of others

Mourinho is not getting the best out of these players, everyone can see this

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Pogba: I’m not the manager, I cannot, like, say that but … obviously we should show more option of playing but I cannot say that because I’m a player,” Pogba said. “That’s my way of thinking - we should move better, we should move more, yeah.
I know I lost the ball (for their goal). Then there were a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn’t really put them in trouble. We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves. When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Man United attacking and attacking. That was our mistake.”

Mourinho claimed that, whereas Wolves came to “play the game of their lives”, his side came “to relax”. So what did Pogba think? “Yeah, it’s true that maybe we should have showed more hunger in some parts,” he said. “Maybe he [Mourinho] is right, I don’t know.

“Maybe the attitude should be better and we should play better because, again, we are at Old Trafford and we should just attack and press like we did against Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal last season. When we play like this it’s easier for us.”

What is stopping United from doing that? “I can’t tell you because I’m a player. It’s not me,” Pogba said.

ttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/23 ... es-attack/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

benteke wrote:Pogba: I’m not the manager, I cannot, like, say that but … obviously we should show more option of playing but I cannot say that because I’m a player,” Pogba said. “That’s my way of thinking - we should move better, we should move more, yeah.
I know I lost the ball (for their goal). Then there were a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn’t really put them in trouble. We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves. When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Man United attacking and attacking. That was our mistake.”

Mourinho claimed that, whereas Wolves came to “play the game of their lives”, his side came “to relax”. So what did Pogba think? “Yeah, it’s true that maybe we should have showed more hunger in some parts,” he said. “Maybe he [Mourinho] is right, I don’t know.

“Maybe the attitude should be better and we should play better because, again, we are at Old Trafford and we should just attack and press like we did against Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal last season. When we play like this it’s easier for us.”

What is stopping United from doing that? “I can’t tell you because I’m a player. It’s not me,” Pogba said.

Quick, get the press to deflect their attention unto Spurs. That should help Manure :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

benteke wrote:Pogba: I’m not the manager, I cannot, like, say that but … obviously we should show more option of playing but I cannot say that because I’m a player,” Pogba said. “That’s my way of thinking - we should move better, we should move more, yeah.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pressed on what was stopping United from adopting an all-out attacking approach in keeping with the club’s heritage, Pogba pointed the finger of blame squarely at Mourinho.

“I’m not the manager, I cannot, like, say that, but obviously we should show more options of playing.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Good luck buddy. Just hang in there, this won't last forever.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kindly excuse me quoting some stats, many say they usually do not paint the whole picture of the game.

But here is something from last season that says Mourinho's United is usually found at the bottom of rankings for distance covered during games over a season, and sprints etc
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skys ... for-201718

Would that be due to tactics or is it a lazy group of players who don't do as told. Or both.
This Manchester United is confusing me :biggrin: sometimes they do really well but it doesn't last long