Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol:

flip

flop

flip

flop

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote: They also tell us that United always played sexy football and then I get confused, since I remember many times United played Fletcher and Park in the middle, with Phil Jones getting midfield time also. But it’s all good. :lol:
he has selective memory.
Even Rio mentioned it recently that United under SAF did not always play champagne football.

i remember that season we finished 3rd in that CL group, then went to play Europa against Bilbao
They bodied us too
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I actually still watch that game once in a few, for laughs. That's still one of the best #$%-whooping (the old trafford game) I have ever seen in football. It was a Bielsa masterclass. :clap:
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol:

flip

flop

flip

flop
You see am too. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nobody is flipping or flopping! Since Mourinho left, you have been all over the place, you supported everything he did irrespective of whether he was bringing the club down, examples of your rantings, is it Mourinho fault Rashford could not score, can you remember this statement?

You tweeted several things in support of Mourinho or should i say copied and pasted, why has this dried up? If you think he was right for the club, you should start by giving us reasons why the board were wrong to sack him? And please dont pretend like you were not Mourinho cheerleader!

So why the switch now? If there anyone flipping or flopping, its you as you are not consistent, you were busy supporting the fact the players were simply not good enough, city are spending XYZ forgetting that even if we gave Mourinho 100M we will never see any returns for investment

Mourinho has been exposed for the footballing world to see that he was a terrible coach for united, all his ranting dont hold water anymore, his 3 shots on target against Liverpool in 90 mins and the sudden transformation with 1 month just goes to show that he was always the problem!

Every week i have been smiling since christmas as it has been proven we were 100% correct that it was due to poor coaching and not bad players that were the root of United downfalls

Now lets see your response, please support your man Mourinho!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i support all United players/coaches and those who have left the club, wherever they end up

you are like the typical Arse fan who called RVP a Judas

read my comments when LVG left....naturally, i cannot find any of your posts. hmm, i wonder why

i was not even a fan of Jose joining the club...i can show you my posts on CE

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:i support all United players/coaches and those who have left the club, wherever they end up

read my comments when LVG left....naturally, i cannot find any of your posts. hmm, i wonder why

You are confused - help me say hi to David Moyes :lol: :lol: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:i support all United players/coaches and those who have left the club, wherever they end up

yes Moyes was crap, but while he was at United..... YOU SUPPORT HIM

you lot are fair-weather fans... only show support when the team is winning

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Just to clear up a fallacy: it was extremely rare for a Man Utd team managed by Ferguson to fail to qualify from the Champions League group phase. In the years Ferguson led Man Utd in the Champions League they reached the QF (at least), SF, or final 13 times in 19 seasons (ie. nearly 70% of the time they got to the QF or beyond). The only team in Europe that has a better record of reaching the latter stages of the Champions League is Barcelona.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:

yes Moyes was crap, but while he was at United..... YOU SUPPORT HIM

you lot are fair-weather fans... only show support when the team is winning
So says United's No.1 keyboard fan who somehow embarrassingly thinks Tottenham Hotspurs are United's rivals &also a great lifetime supporter of Dave Sexton, Atkinson, David Moyes, Van Gaal & Mourinho Essien :lol: :lol:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

when leicester won the league on a shoe string, It threw all that big money spending where it belongs! yes we can call it a one-off, i dont care but they surely embarrased the so-called top teams in the premiership including man united and Mourinho! yes its good to spend money but if you have a terrible coach, that money will go to waste, so when TFCO keeps on ranting how Liverpool spent 70M on one defender, how City spent 200 m, blah blah blah, it dont hold any water how Ranieri managed to outfox all the top sides! basically money does not always solve issues

Mourinho is a fraud in my books! he won Europa league, so what? the better teams were playing in the champions league that season! LVG won the FA cup as well, when we had to play real Madrid in the European super cup, see how they drew squares and cricles around us, that was the same team Mourinho coached and could not get the best out of these players, got outfoxed by a rookie Zidane in the coaching world

TFCO supported Mourinho claiming any true supporter will support the team, thats total bull!! any true supporter that grew up in the tradition of man united will never support that crap he tried to do, if we talk about money, he spent over 300M! lower teams came to old trafoord to beat us routinely, outplay us, control the game, how do you explain that?

even teams in the lower leagues kicked our asses! he just complained and complained because he is such a lazy coach! OGS exposed him big time like we all knew, why could Mourinho not do what OGS is doing today?? we are talking about the same set of players

go watch youtube, listen to Flex, there another guy called rants, they will give it to you straight! Mourinho was a total fraud at united! its good the board have gagged him from speaking unless they will get their money back! he should never be heard again in football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Just to clear up a fallacy: it was extremely rare for a Man Utd team managed by Ferguson to fail to qualify from the Champions League group phase. In the years Ferguson led Man Utd in the Champions League they reached the QF (at least), SF, or final 13 times in 19 seasons (ie. nearly 70% of the time they got to the QF or beyond). The only team in Europe that has a better record of reaching the latter stages of the Champions League is Barcelona.
exactly! United were always in the knock out stages like you pointed out, instead someone posted a season where we did not do very well but conviniently forgot to include the information you added here

Europa league?? Ferguson did not know what this was and could care less! during our mediocre years, it became like a saviour for a poor season finishing 6th and a back door entry to champions league only to screw up when we had to face our peers once again

that man was determined to destroy united this season and take us down the drain when he could have done things differently or at least changed his out dated coaching techniques, thats why i dont have any time for his crap, good riddance!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote: So says United's No.1 keyboard fan who somehow embarrassingly thinks Tottenham Hotspurs are United's rivals &also a great lifetime supporter of Dave Sexton, Atkinson, David Moyes, Van Gaal & Mourinho Essien :lol: :lol:
:shock:

when have i referred to Lily Livered as our rivals?

yes as support United legends, even the one who 4-1-9'ed the club by pushing David Moyes on us.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:when leicester won the league on a shoe string, It threw all that big money spending where it belongs! yes we can call it a one-off, i dont care but they surely embarrased the so-called top teams in the premiership including man united and Mourinho! yes its good to spend money but if you have a terrible coach, that money will go to waste, so when TFCO keeps on ranting how Liverpool spent 70M on one defender, how City spent 200 m, blah blah blah, it dont hold any water how Ranieri managed to outfox all the top sides! basically money does not always solve issues

Mourinho is a fraud in my books! he won Europa league, so what? the better teams were playing in the champions league that season! LVG won the FA cup as well, when we had to play real Madrid in the European super cup, see how they drew squares and cricles around us, that was the same team Mourinho coached and could not get the best out of these players, got outfoxed by a rookie Zidane in the coaching world

TFCO supported Mourinho claiming any true supporter will support the team, thats total bull!! any true supporter that grew up in the tradition of man united will never support that crap he tried to do, if we talk about money, he spent over 300M! lower teams came to old trafoord to beat us routinely, outplay us, control the game, how do you explain that?

even teams in the lower leagues kicked our asses! he just complained and complained because he is such a lazy coach! OGS exposed him big time like we all knew, why could Mourinho not do what OGS is doing today?? we are talking about the same set of players

go watch youtube, listen to Flex, there another guy called rants, they will give it to you straight! Mourinho was a total fraud at united! its good the board have gagged him from speaking unless they will get their money back! he should never be heard again in football
again, you are all over the map

Ranieri and Leicester in 2016. why doesn't he do the same with Fulham in 2019, seeing as "money does not solve issues"

you know lower teams have beaten us at OT before Jose arrived. MK Dons, Leeds immediately come to mind

all coaches are gagged from speaking, it is in their contracts. Duh, have u heard Conte say anything about Chelsea? People like you think this is just-a-Mourinho-thing, because you read it in dailymail

Jose won 2 titles got us the most points since SAF retired and got us to FA Cup Final
As i said, that is even better than the coach you're always stanning

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:when leicester won the league on a shoe string, It threw all that big money spending where it belongs! yes we can call it a one-off, i dont care but they surely embarrased the so-called top teams in the premiership including man united and Mourinho! yes its good to spend money but if you have a terrible coach, that money will go to waste, so when TFCO keeps on ranting how Liverpool spent 70M on one defender, how City spent 200 m, blah blah blah, it dont hold any water how Ranieri managed to outfox all the top sides! basically money does not always solve issues

again, you are all over the map

Ranieri and Leicester in 2016. why doesn't he do the same with Fulham in 2019, seeing as "money does not solve issues"

you know lower teams have beaten us at OT before Jose arrived. MK Dons, Leeds immediately come to mind

all coaches are gagged from speaking, it is in their contracts. Duh, have u heard Conte say anything about Chelsea? People like you think this is just-a-Mourinho-thing, because you read it in dailymail

Jose won 2 titles got us the most points since SAF retired and got us to FA Cup Final
As i said, that is even better than the coach you're always stanning
It was routine during Mourinho era for lower teams to come old trafford and outplay us!!! FA cup is not a title, its just a cup, big difference! they brought him to win the premiership, that he failed miserably! games we should have won, we played draws instead, this season, 5 draws! that was 10 points lost, can you imagine if we had 10 additional points?

Ranieri might not be able to do it at Fulham but at least he did it at leicester on a shoe string, so that throws all your arguments out of the window, Mourinho spent 145 million pounds at the start of that season and finished 5th! due to poor coaching!

yes we got beaten by MK dons but can you explain why we played like the away team at Old trafford, something that led Paul pogba to say we are at old trafford, we should attack, attack, attack! that is exactly what we are doing now and the difference is clear as water!

Mourinho era at old trafford, especially this season, was the worse season i have ever seen! almost 400 million pounds and the result is to pass sideways or backwards! Moyes was just out of his depth to be fair on him

wonder why Mourinho turned down benefica? perhaps no transfer budget, really that is what he needs to rediscover his hunger for the game!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: It was routine during Mourinho era for lower teams to come old trafford and outplay us!!! FA cup is not a title, its just a cup, big difference! they brought him to win the premiership, that he failed miserably! games we should have won, we played draws instead, this season, 5 draws! that was 10 points lost, can you imagine if we had 10 additional points?
e!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can't take this comedy serious

marko: "any coach in the Top 6 who has not won the Prem is a failure"

so wait o...winning the CL is also just_a_cup????

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Ranieri might not be able to do it at Fulham but at least he did it at leicester on a shoe string, so that throws all your arguments out of the window, Mourinho spent 145 million pounds at the start of that season and finished 5th! due to poor coaching!

yes we got beaten by MK dons but can you explain why we played like the away team at Old trafford, something that led Paul pogba to say we are at old trafford, we should attack, attack, attack! that is exactly what we are doing now and the difference is clear as water!

Mourinho era at old trafford, especially this season, was the worse season i have ever seen! almost 400 million pounds and the result is to pass sideways or backwards! Moyes was just out of his depth to be fair on him

wonder why Mourinho turned down benefica? perhaps no transfer budget, really that is what he needs to rediscover his hunger for the game!
Is Benfica at Jose's level? He is not Benitez to be going for scraps at this stage.

The past 5 seasons at United have been failures.... marko attributes it to 1 man. lol

All I say is... when a manager finishes 2nd, you support him so he can improve. End of

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

His record is all the more remarkable when you consider that English teams were banned from European competition for the first 5 years he managed Man Utd.
marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Just to clear up a fallacy: it was extremely rare for a Man Utd team managed by Ferguson to fail to qualify from the Champions League group phase. In the years Ferguson led Man Utd in the Champions League they reached the QF (at least), SF, or final 13 times in 19 seasons (ie. nearly 70% of the time they got to the QF or beyond). The only team in Europe that has a better record of reaching the latter stages of the Champions League is Barcelona.
exactly! United were always in the knock out stages like you pointed out, instead someone posted a season where we did not do very well but conviniently forgot to include the information you added here

Europa league?? Ferguson did not know what this was and could care less! during our mediocre years, it became like a saviour for a poor season finishing 6th and a back door entry to champions league only to screw up when we had to face our peers once again

that man was determined to destroy united this season and take us down the drain when he could have done things differently or at least changed his out dated coaching techniques, thats why i dont have any time for his crap, good riddance!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: It was routine during Mourinho era for lower teams to come old trafford and outplay us!!! FA cup is not a title, its just a cup, big difference! they brought him to win the premiership, that he failed miserably! games we should have won, we played draws instead, this season, 5 draws! that was 10 points lost, can you imagine if we had 10 additional points?
e!

FA cup is exactly what it is, playing lower division sides, some conference sides, everyone gets a chance! Champions league is different, thats the pinnacle of European football, Zidane won that 3 times on a row, so ?????

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: Ranieri might not be able to do it at Fulham but at least he did it at leicester on a shoe string, so that throws all your arguments out of the window, Mourinho spent 145 million pounds at the start of that season and finished 5th! due to poor coaching!

Is Benfica at Jose's level? He is not Benitez to be going for scraps at this stage.

The past 5 seasons at United have been failures.... marko attributes it to 1 man. lol

All I say is... when a manager finishes 2nd, you support him so he can improve. End of
Yes the way he coaches, that is probably his level! yes he was supported with over 70 million with dalot and Fred and what happened?? please remind me, but of course you will bring City / liverpool into the fray, oh they spent 50 million more! nonsense! with an additional 70 million, one should expect they should be able to pass the ball forward and not backwards! and you want me to support this? one should expect that they should be able to get more than 3 shots on target compared to Liverpool 36!!!! after spending almost 400 million!!!

whose fault Mourinho or the players??

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
e!

FA cup is exactly what it is, playing lower division sides, some conference sides, everyone gets a chance! Champions league is different, thats the pinnacle of European football, Zidane won that 3 times on a row, so ?????
now you've brought Zidane into the conversation lol

ok Jose has won it 2x too, so?

He also has the longest unbeaten home record. so?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Yes the way he coaches, that is probably his level! yes he was supported with over 70 million with dalot and Fred and what happened?? please remind me, but of course you will bring City / liverpool into the fray, oh they spent 50 million more! nonsense! with an additional 70 million, one should expect they should be able to pass the ball forward and not backwards! and you want me to support this? one should expect that they should be able to get more than 3 shots on target compared to Liverpool 36!!!! after spending almost 400 million!!!

whose fault Mourinho or the players??
reminder that sometimes players do not work out
Dalot is only 19 y/o.
DDG was bought for 18MM and made several mistakes when he joined United

Djemba-Djemba, Veron, Bebe, Karius, Claudio Bravo did not work out. whose fault

It is only Jose who is supposed to get every_purchase_correct

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

one more thing, marko
i know you are not aware, BUT

football managers do not negotiate player transfer fees...or salaries
we have Woodward for that.

a manager identifies who he wants, Woody does the dealing

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote: So says United's No.1 keyboard fan who somehow embarrassingly thinks Tottenham Hotspurs are United's rivals &also a great lifetime supporter of Dave Sexton, Atkinson, David Moyes, Van Gaal & Mourinho Essien :lol: :lol:
:shock:

when have i referred to Lily Livered as our rivals?

yes as support United legends, even the one who 4-1-9'ed the club by pushing David Moyes on us.
Action speaks louder than words - you are doing a greater job & investing a chunk of your lifetime on them than Arsenal fans and when you do, you refer to Manchester United, not Ashanti Kotoko or Mysterious Dwarfs, and they respond accordingly... :lol: :lol: :lol: