Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

United fans: "let's recruit from the academy...t worked 20 years ago"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Frankie de Jong

Post by marko »

man united what are we wating for? i hear PSG are in the forefront to sign this talented player, he reminds me of Iniesta, so easy on the ball and his skills, transfer fee easily in the region of 80-100M, especially coming from the Ajax school of total football!

Good replacement for matic
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Frankie de Jong

Post by Cally »

marko wrote:

man united what are we wating for? i hear PSG are in the forefront to sign this talented player, he reminds me of Iniesta, so easy on the ball and his skills, transfer fee easily in the region of 80-100M, especially coming from the Ajax school of total football!

Watched him play for Holland against France (I think) and immediately noticed his quality. He makes the game look so easy for one so young.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:

I dont think you have ever watched Frankie.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:

i don't think we will sign anyone this window.

OGS said he's happy with the squad.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

Even worse he is just hearing of him. Can United compete financially vs PSG?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

Man utd can never compete with any club owned by a country! Qatar sovereign funds! they have unlimited state funds, with the amounts they have spent, PSG need to be winning champions league!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Man utd can never compete with any club owned by a country! Qatar sovereign funds! they have unlimited state funds, with the amounts they have spent, PSG need to be winning champions league!
yes we can.
United can spend 200MM this January window and not blink. We are underspending and being cheap.

Woodward is there to make the Glazers money and broaden the fanbase/brand
that is what you do not understand

winning trophies is not a priority as long as the brand attracts sponsors and makes the Glazers money

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We have spent some money but on the pitch and poor coaching, returns on investment visibly poor!
400M is certainly a lot of money by football standards

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:We have spent some money but on the pitch and poor coaching, returns on investment visibly poor!
400M is certainly a lot of money by football standards
it is not!!!

gosh, is it your money? The Glazers are underspending.
22% of revenue is spent, THE AVERAGE IS 30%

smh, what part of that is flying over your head????????????????

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

Man utd can never compete with any club owned by a country! Qatar sovereign funds! they have unlimited state funds, with the amounts they have spent, PSG need to be winning champions league!
I thought Ed Woodward said "We can do what other teams can only dream of?" :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote: Man utd can never compete with any club owned by a country! Qatar sovereign funds! they have unlimited state funds, with the amounts they have spent, PSG need to be winning champions league!
I thought Ed Woodward said "We can do what other teams can only dream of?" :D
no mind am

he gets his news from metro.co.uk.
This is MAN F/G UNITED, not West Ham

We should be looking at spending 100M on a WC target...look how much Liverpool spent on VVD, 12 months ago

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

marko logic: let's look at the academy...we can get someone from the U15s

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Money does not always solve the problem! Liverpool conceed 3 goals With the millions spenat on defence, the won because the have world class strikers

Yes we so need additional resources in central defence and right side, agreed

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Money does not always solve the problem! Liverpool conceed 3 goals With the millions spenat on defence, the won because the have world class strikers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well then OGS should look to the U23 for the central defender we desperately need...so said Ed Woodward.

There's a reason Liverpool has conceded 13 goals to date.

It goes back to 12 months ago....hmm, wonder what that was.
Lovren, Matip, Klavan, Moreno, TAA???

hmm, i don't remember. please remind me abeg. I'm sure it was the free transfer from Soton in Jan 2018

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Money does not always solve the problem! Liverpool conceed 3 goals With the millions spenat on defence, the won because the have world class strikers

well then OGS should look to the U23 for the central defender we desperately need...so said Ed Woodward.

hmm, i don't remember. please remind me abeg. I'm sure it was the free transfer from Soton in Jan 2018
we need some back up, not just spending on anyone! if we have to wait for the likes of Koulibaly, then its worth the wait, maybe our targets, their clubs are not willing to let go! meanwhile, OGS has to continue getting 150% from the players till the end of the season, I do hope we can get in a player that can do a decent job, if only Fred was up for it, that would have solved some issues in central defence

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

we need some back up, not just spending on anyone! if we have to wait for the likes of Koulibaly, then its worth the wait, maybe our targets, their clubs are not willing to let go! meanwhile, OGS has to continue getting 150% from the players till the end of the season, I do hope we can get in a player that can do a decent job, if only Fred was up for it, that would have solved some issues in central defence
Fred? Central Defence?

i don't think Fred was bought with that in mind

Let me break it down to you in simple English, you don't seem to understand what i have written so far

MANCHESTER UNITED NEEDS A CENTRAL DEFENDER. ASAP

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

What if clubs are not willing to sell? My bad about Fred, was meaning to say central midfield, not really turned out how we expected of him, what if we get a CB and they dont play well at the start? Then what?
If Napoli are not willing to sell Koulibaly, then what to do?

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:What if clubs are not willing to sell? My bad about Fred, was meaning to say central midfield, not really turned out how we expected of him, what if we get a CB and they dont play well at the start? Then what?
If Napoli are not willing to sell Koulibaly, then what to do?
what if VVD doesn't turn out well for Pool; they will leak goals

what if...duh, how do you find out if someone will work.

what do we have a coach for?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anyway all this is talks...i am sure OGS has seen the need for a CD

i trust Ed to do the needful

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Yes we need a CB! The subs today were a bit strange, thought Mata? Slow as a tortoise, the game needed sanchez to put pressure on their defence, well it was 3 points

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Yes we need a CB! The subs today were a bit strange, thought Mata? Slow as a tortoise, the game needed sanchez to put pressure on their defence, well it was 3 points
TBH i wanted sanchez and perhaps a replacement for phil jones.

lowkey, phil jones has had a few good games, but he's always the whipping boy when he does ONE mistake
unpopular opinion but The Big Fella would have been good for the final 10-15 mins

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think another player has just thrown himself into the DM mixer. Ruben Neves has been doing an excellent Xabi Alonso impersonation for Wolves during the past 1-2 years. He is not the quickest or biggest but that lad know hows to pick a pass from deep midfield. Man Utd have been sorely lacking a regista since Carrick and Scholes retired. Worth bidding for him and Rabiot (has he or has not signed for Barcelona already?!).

wiseone wrote:With 2 transfer windows coming in the next 6 months, which areas of squad need strengthening? I think the key areas are FB, CD, CM, and a winger.

FB: Sidibe (plus Shaw, Dalot, and TFM to come back from loan - the FB positions should be good for the foreseeable future).

CD: De Ligt (stop going for injury prone or about to hit 30 defenders like Boateng and Toby). Get a youngin.

CM: Ideally this is a position that Man Utd should never even have been trying to recruit for. The losses to Liverpool and Man City demonstrated that the team are lacking a technically adept CM who is comfortable holding the ball when being manically pressed deep in his own half by the opposition (AKA they have not replaced Carrick or Scholes). Man Utd absorb a lot of pressure because when they are pressed, they do not have anyone comfortable enough on the ball to turn away and play passes in tight areas under pressure to move the team 25-40 yards up the pitch. They had such a player in Daley Blind but then sold him back to Ajax in another one of the boneheaded transfer decisions of recent times. Blind or Pereira could do that job but they might need another midfielder (Savic or Rabiot?).

Winger: is it true that Dembele is unsettled at Barca? If so - get him. If not, then go for Sancho at Dortmund (who we know are a selling club and let their stars leave if the price is right).

Out: Tony V, Rojo (too wild and reckless - makes Bailly look steady), Lindelof (still not convinced by him), Wilson. Send Dalot out on loan to get experience, and bring TFM and Tuanzebe back from loan.
marko wrote:Rashford is coming good, with good coaching, sky the limit