Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by YemiBrazil »

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

No thanks. I'll wait for the Blockbuster movie of the century
The 40 years a blankstar troll - The incredible Real Life Story of a lily livered Blankstar fan still waiting to devirgin his eye balls with an AFCON trophy :tic: :taunt: :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford must be the premiership in-form striker, starting to live up to his potential which was stalled during the fraud tenure at united, If he works on his finishing like Ronaldo, United will struggle to keep him, soon the sharks of Real madrid will come calling, he has it all, pace, close control, good first touch, dribbling skill, good free kick skills, maybe does not score a lot with his head, still a lot he can work on, he should watch Videos of Ronaldo in action, he can learn a lot from him, when he gets to that level, his transfer value will rise to 150M, he is already a big game player and scores against all the big premiership sides
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Manchester United Transfer Activity - Jan 2019 Window

1. Renew McTominay contract to 2023

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it's not April 1 is it?
#NoAmbitionClub

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

and I've been saying 'we are not West Ham'....lol
We are not even on Bournemouth's level when it comes to spending

Man City spend 70MM after finishing 1st in same window
#NoAmbitionClub

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I agree that United shouldn't spare any amount in bringing in the 'right fit' players. We had a manager who wasted millions on defenders and then resorted to fielding our established midfielders including an academy graduate in CD. That is criminal and unacceptable, good riddance. Also, spending is no excuse for Manchester United losing to Derby City or parking the bus against Brighton, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Southampton.

It's time to be Manchester United again and glad it's already happening without a single new signing yet. While some teams/entities could easily provide excuses for almost 40 years of 'trophylessness' and clueless football since they are highly experienced in such, this is certainly not in Manchester United's DNA. There was a long period of drought in the past but it was never acceptable and casualties were plenty. The moment you make it about you, then start preparing for your inevitable exit.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

This is Manchester United.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Oh, I missed this!

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:I agree that United shouldn't spare any amount in bringing in the 'right fit' players. We had a manager who wasted millions on defenders and then resorted to fielding our established midfielders including an academy graduate in CD. That is criminal and unacceptable, good riddance. Also, spending is no excuse for Manchester United losing to Derby City or parking the bus against Brighton, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Southampton.
this is where you lost it. What is a 'right fit' player?

BIG TEAMS buy and sell players all_the_time.
You buy, it does not fit...you sell. SIMPLE

Case in point: Barcelona bought Malcom (21 y/o) for 40MM last summer.
It has not worked out
(they even tried to offload him + cash for Willian)

Yet Barca is moving forward.
Case #2 will be Coutinho

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

All about money, premiership for the highest spender, thank goodness for Leicester, they said no to these massive 120, 140 million spending clubs, you have to be able to pass the ball forward and not sideways or backwards!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Dear marko.

the boy you were raving about recently.
Guess who just picked him up for 75 big ones.
Yup, a BIG club with ambition.

Do you think United scouted him? I would say so

I hope Frenkie_is_the_right_fit for Barca.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:All about money, premiership for the highest spender, thank goodness for Leicester, they said no to these massive 120, 140 million spending clubs, you have to be able to pass the ball forward and not sideways or backwards!
Yes, let's continue on about Leicester, now on their 2nd or 3rd coach since that title win
Meanwhile since that Leicester win, Man City have acquired 4 defenders and won the title
But continue deluding yourself that money does not matter

If i hear you complain about our RB position again....
:curse: :curse: :curse:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:We need to fix our defence next season, dont care if we won or not, these things are glaring
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

City (2-3) United
Apr 2018

Do you still think that way? We can always tap into the Academy yunno.
U23...U18

Or we could spend 100MM on a world class defender

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:I agree that United shouldn't spare any amount in bringing in the 'right fit' players. We had a manager who wasted millions on defenders and then resorted to fielding our established midfielders including an academy graduate in CD. That is criminal and unacceptable, good riddance. Also, spending is no excuse for Manchester United losing to Derby City or parking the bus against Brighton, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Southampton.

It has not worked out

Case #2 will be Coutinho
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... and you think they are happy with that development? There is a reason why you have scouts and analyze player attributes. Yes, players are human and things happen but getting the 'right fit' is always the goal, even with managers :taunt:
*Pogba, Lindelof, Bailly are right fit players for United IMO, even Dalot. The manager was the wrong fit :lol: :lol:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:

It has not worked out

Case #2 will be Coutinho
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... and you think they are happy with that development? There is a reason why you have scouts and analyze player attributes. Yes, players are human and things happen but getting the 'right fit' is always the goal, even with managers :taunt:
*Pogba, Lindelof, Bailly are right fit players for United IMO, even Dalot. The manager was the wrong fit :lol: :lol:
Big organisations take risks
Barca spent almost 200MM on Coutinho.
BIG RiSK
Check out the Barca transfer activity in 18/19

Man United is a bigger club than Barca, but we have been outspent by f/g Bournemouth :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

SAF bought Bebe for 7MM after watching him on YouTube

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

should have recruited from the academy, La Masia or whatever it's called

money miss road team

75MM for a 21 y/o.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
tfco wrote:

It has not worked out

Case #2 will be Coutinho
Big organisations take risks
Barca spent almost 200MM on Coutinho.
BIG RiSK
Check out the Barca transfer activity in 18/19

Man United is a bigger club than Barca, but we have been outspent by f/g Bournemouth :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

SAF bought Bebe for 7MM after watching him on YouTube
I agree with you that United should be pulling their weight - however, this is business and apparently they are exceptional at what they do. They should get a director of football asap and with the right fit across board we should start getting consistent results again. We can't be parking the bus against Crystal Palace even in their backyard :lol: :lol: :lol:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote: I agree with you that United should be pulling their weight - however, this is business and apparently they are exceptional at what they do. They should get a director of football asap and with the right fit across board we should start getting consistent results again. We can't be parking the bus against Crystal Palace even in their backyard :lol: :lol: :lol:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

yes when you have good players like De Jong, you have to go for that calibre, only for exceptional players, he is a midfielder, is that where are issues are? dont think so, our defence seems to be the main issue but if we can get Bailly and Lindelof to get a good run of games, maybe that partnership can flourish? Barcelona might have spent 140m on Coutinho but that has not exactly worked out? they spent something similar on Dembele, yes he is a good player and we can now see signs of his talent

man united have made mistakes in the past with players like Sanchez and to some extent Fred unless he comes good for us so we have to be extra cautious this time around, yes Koulibaly world class but what if Napoli are unwilling to sell?

At the same time, the glazers might be thinking, we have won 7 games on the trot, maybe it was the manager that was hopeless and could not get the best out of the players? or even perhaps, the new intended coach has signalled united not to sign any players until he arrives, or perhaps it is pure sabotage as they did not expect OGS to perform this credibly so no transfer funds hoping united miss out on the top 4 so they can easily shove him aside?

who knows, its just a matter of speculation really, like i said, if we can get the likes of bailly and Lindelof to have a good run of games and a good understanding, that could potentially answer our defensive questions

Last week Brighton used a lot of long high balls and united struggled, Jones is not exactly commanding in the air, neither is Lindelof, Bailly seems to deal better with aerial challenges

Thank goodness neymar is injured and that foot injury might not heal in time for the 1st class with PSG at old trafford

Like i said, its either we go for the best CD or dont bother, we have made far too many mistakes in the transfer market and there is no point for panic buying unless that player can add value to united as it is now

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Like i said, its either we go for the best CD or dont bother, we have made far too many mistakes in the transfer market and there is no point for panic buying unless that player can add value to united as it is now
this is where you guys completely lose me

WE ARE MANCHESTER UNITED.
Are we competing with Bournemouth in the spend market...or Real Madrid, Barca, PSG?

How much did SAF pay for Rooney...Berbatov....Rio...even a young DDG?
Big clubs take risks (Barcelona with Coutinho and Malcom), and they move forward

I think you're happier that Glazer is milking the club dry (only 1.3B in the last 10 years) rather than invest in top top players

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S