Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Sissoko should be in that TOTY ahead of Pogba
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

There is a reason why some analytical people make decisions on football, while your emotional self sits on your couch crying everytime your team loses. Please, stick to weeping and let people who know about the game concentrate on judging performance. You think running around, huffing and puffing is football? The fact Sissoko is Spurs' best midfielder shows how poor of a midfield Spurs has had this season, and that is why Poch was not happy about the lack of purchase.
In the League:

Paul Pogba -- 13 goals and 9 assists

Moussa Sissoko -- 0 goals and 3 asssists
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developmentsk & Season

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Paul Pogba Team of the Year, comical...hilarious stuff from the PFA, surely this is a nod to social media perhaps.
What is comical and hilarious stuff is an internet obahiagbon pretending that he knows football. :oops: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Sissoko should be in that TOTY ahead of Pogba
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

There is a reason why some analytical people make decisions on football, while your emotional self sits on your couch crying everytime your team loses. Please, stick to weeping and let people who know about the game concentrate on judging performance. You think running around, huffing and puffing is football? The fact Sissoko is Spurs' best midfielder shows how poor of a midfield Spurs has had this season, and that is why Poch was not happy about the lack of purchase.
In the League:

Paul Pogba -- 13 goals and 9 assists

Moussa Sissoko -- 0 goals and 3 asssists
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: trust delusional Spurs fans to think they count..sisoko :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Please dont compare Pogba to any dud footballer, man united do not deserve him! this man has won multiple titles at Juventus and world cup for measure! take Pogba out of the united team, then you will see the pub football team on display, In fact, Pogba can leave united with all my blessings, go to where they appreciate skillful footballers, in the premiership, they like it when you run like headless chickens with no end result, think Rashford/ Lingard or Lukaku, In spain, Pogba will thrive with other players in his mode, In Spain, the ball does all the talking, only City / Liverpool play that brand of football, we used to but not anymore, we will surely get bakc to the promised land but will take time
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:As usual, with the score at 0-0, Ashley Young gave the ball away, they attacked, and a few seconds later the ball was in the back of the Man Utd net. Always makes an impact that Ashley lad...
tfco wrote:United (0-2) City

Lingard is today's scapegoat

na wa
...I think Young has done his part for the club and should consider quitting. At a point he tried his diving technique but the ref not buying it :laugh:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

defending
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

But dont worry, they said it is modern day football and we old timers dont understand modern day football. No need to hurt the feelings of players. How did they say it again? oh! "Lets put an arm around him." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If I was open to those criticisms like Cristiano, when I was younger, I would have been a different player and had one more step up.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... senal.html
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have not encountered another Man Utd player that is as devastatingly effective against his own team as Ash has been this season. Every time he gets the ball, one of two things occurs: (1) he gives it straight back to an opposition player; or (2) he "crosses" it into Row Z in the crowd and endangers the health and safety of some poor kid watching the game with his parents.
mcal wrote:
wiseone wrote:As usual, with the score at 0-0, Ashley Young gave the ball away, they attacked, and a few seconds later the ball was in the back of the Man Utd net. Always makes an impact that Ashley lad...

na wa
...I think Young has done his part for the club and should consider quitting. At a point he tried his diving technique but the ref not buying it :laugh:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

shame on the entire ManU fans blasting at Ash... una convert a winger to a full back..wetin una expect
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:shame on the entire ManU fans blasting at Ash... una convert a winger to a full back..wetin una expect
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am just here laughing at them. smh
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developmentsk & Season

Post by wiseone »

Subjectively it looks an odd choice based on his current form. Then again the man has 16 goals and 11 assists this season - from midfield. He has more goals and assists than Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Mahrez, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Alli, and Chicharito (and only one less than Lacazette and Firmino - both of whom play as center forwards!

Plus, also consider that the voting took place in February - while Man Utd were still enjoying their purple patch under Ole and when Pogba was flying.
Coach wrote:Paul Pogba Team of the Year, comical...hilarious stuff from the PFA, surely this is a nod to social media perhaps.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:I have not encountered another Man Utd player that is as devastatingly effective against his own team as Ash has been this season. Every time he gets the ball, one of two things occurs: (1) he gives it straight back to an opposition player; or (2) he "crosses" it into Row Z in the crowd and endangers the health and safety of some poor kid watching the game with his parents.
mcal wrote:

na wa
...hence I noted the above.
His deadly diving days that almost always earn penalty for Sir Alex is over.
If they are shipping out players I think he should be one of them.
His culpability were too obvious in recent matches.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote:
wiseone wrote:I have not encountered another Man Utd player that is as devastatingly effective against his own team as Ash has been this season. Every time he gets the ball, one of two things occurs: (1) he gives it straight back to an opposition player; or (2) he "crosses" it into Row Z in the crowd and endangers the health and safety of some poor kid watching the game with his parents.
mcal wrote:

na wa
...hence I noted the above.
His deadly diving days that almost always earn penalty for Sir Alex is over.
If they are shipping out players I think he should be one of them.
His culpability were too obvious in recent matches.
I won't be surprised if we try to verify this conclusion with actual 'statistics' and discover that it's an outright falsehood :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ashley Young is just everything that is wrong about united these days, surely we will fix things next season
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ash has advanced age as a mitigating factor. Some of the others should hang their heads in shame. DDG, Rashford, McTominay, Romero, and Tuanzebe are among the few that can say they have not let the team down over the last 1-2 years.
marko wrote:Ashley Young is just everything that is wrong about united these days, surely we will fix things next season
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Ashley Young is just everything that is wrong about united these days, surely we will fix things next season
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Does it offer any hope that last season Liverpool finished 25 points behind the title winners City, and a few well scouted and important additions to their squad has seen them turn into title challengers.

United was able to finish 2nd but the big problem was the lack of goals.

I know there's more to this, and Liverpool had already been playing well with a clear style, but i think there may.be some hope if United do the correct things during the off season and transfer window.

I am just being optimistic for a change :thumbs:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:Does it offer any hope that last season Liverpool finished 25 points behind the title winners City, and a few well scouted and important additions to their squad has seen them turn into title challengers.

United was able to finish 2nd but the big problem was the lack of goals.

I know there's more to this, and Liverpool had already been playing well with a clear style, but i think there may.be some hope if United do the correct things during the off season and transfer window.

I am just being optimistic for a change :thumbs:
Finish 2nd + UCL: Glazers will give you Fred + Dalot + Grant

Finish 1st + break points record: The Sheikh will give you Mahrez (former POTY)

the difference

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

hmmm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Can united win today?

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Another copy pastd tweet....
SuperEagles

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Offensive line up that'll leave us vulnerable at the back. We need to score at least 3 to have a chance against MANURE in this game.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD