Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

still quiet from Old Trafford, hopefully that means they are doing deals behind the scenes, once news gets out, other clubs become interested to push up the player transfer value, hope this is the case, OGS said he wants all his transfer targets in place by pre-season! so far i have not heard any news about the intended clear out
let me repeat again

Young
Jones
Darmian
Rojo
Matic
Herrera ( free transfer )
Perreira
Lukaku
De Gea ( 1 year left on contract or moves for free next year, rejected an improved offer this week)
Sanchez
Lingard

That is potentially 10 players off the massive wage bill, this will free up space for new players and allow some academy players to get an opportunity, we need at least 5-6 new signings
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Media are reporting that Daniel James from Swansea is imminent. I would actually say keep Matic for now. With Herrera and Fellaini already gone, and Mata perhaps going, we need another experienced body in midfield (which still has a Michael Carrick sized hole in it).

You cannot get rid of so many players in one season. If you add Fellaini and Mata (and if DDG goes), that means selling 14 players in one summer. Where on earth will you find 14 players to replace them?! That is like buying an entire new team. In today's mad transfer market you may need to spend 600 million to replace them!

I think Jonesy (IF he can stay fit) has a role as a squad player. Do not forget that last season, Man Utd kept more clean sheets than any other team, with the much maligned Jones and Rojo playing at CD! Lukaku, Lingard, and Sanchez (no one else will pay 350-400K a week for an out of form and injury prone 30 yo), are not likely to leave either.
marko wrote:still quiet from Old Trafford, hopefully that means they are doing deals behind the scenes, once news gets out, other clubs become interested to push up the player transfer value, hope this is the case, OGS said he wants all his transfer targets in place by pre-season! so far i have not heard any news about the intended clear out
let me repeat again

Young
Jones
Darmian
Rojo
Matic
Herrera ( free transfer )
Perreira
Lukaku
De Gea ( 1 year left on contract or moves for free next year, rejected an improved offer this week)
Sanchez
Lingard

That is potentially 10 players off the massive wage bill, this will free up space for new players and allow some academy players to get an opportunity, we need at least 5-6 new signings
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Man United roll back the years vs Bayern ‘99, Yorke and Becks still got it.

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

maceo4 wrote:Man United roll back the years vs Bayern ‘99, Yorke and Becks still got it.

[/video]
Beckham should be a football coach, teach players how to whip in those crosses
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Man United roll back the years vs Bayern ‘99, Yorke and Becks still got it.

[/video]
This is the qualification of a football coach? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: With fans like this, no wonder United is useless. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

[/video]
This is the qualification of a football coach? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: With fans like this, no wonder United is useless. smh
Is someone going insane in here?

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Becks at age 44 can still whip in a cross with greater accuracy than Ash, Lingard, Depay and some of the other B- or B+ players that have played out wide for Man Utd since he left.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Becks at age 44 can still whip in a cross with greater accuracy than Ash, Lingard, Depay and some of the other B- or B+ players that have played out wide for Man Utd since he left.
exactly!! watched the highlights, man united can use his skills, guess these days, he is concerned about the business side of football

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/28/romelu-l ... y-9717291/

seems Lukaku is leaving after all, that is good news! wish him the best, maybe united was not a good fit for him, he is Belgium top scorer so there must be something about him, maybe at Inter Milan, he might re-discover his old form and bang in the goals

I expect the likes of Mata, darmian, Young, Jones, Matic, Lingard to leave as well

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/28/romelu-l ... y-9717291/

seems Lukaku is leaving after all, that is good news! wish him the best, maybe united was not a good fit for him, he is Belgium top scorer so there must be something about him, maybe at Inter Milan, he might re-discover his old form and bang in the goals

I expect the likes of Mata, darmian, Young, Jones, Matic, Lingard to leave as well
how much you wanna bet that those guys are NOT leaving?

Lukaku is a better striker than Rashford, but we're letting Rom leave because of DNA

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

You guys should call your Dutch ex keeper to teach you guys Ajax method,take the Manu money and get solid youth players and in 2 years time your team come back.Look at ajax Manu beat 2 years ago in Europa a young team...Manu will not win league and Europa can be the way back to CL.So invest this year in youth and buys smart.
Danfo can help you guys with some simple direction.He did to Atalanta and they are now in CL
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:

Lukaku is a better striker than Rashford, but we're letting Rom leave because of DNA
better striker than rashford, not too sure, Lukaku touch is unbearing of a striker, Rashford decision making is very suspect but i prefer rashford because he is young as there is plenty room for improvement

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thats the United Way
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

better striker than rashford, not too sure, Lukaku touch is unbearing of a striker, Rashford decision making is very suspect but i prefer rashford because he is young as there is plenty room for improvement
the stats prove otherwise

A striker is there to bang in goals, fu'ck a 1st touch

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Daniel James of Swansea has signed for United.

Ole's first signing.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:Daniel James of Swansea has signed for United.

Ole's first signing.
Does Ole still think he's coaching Cardiff/Molde?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:

Ole's first signing.
Does Ole still think he's coaching Cardiff/Molde?
Rashy! Rashy! Jesse! Pauly!! now Jamesy! its the United way! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Clearly "one for the future". Not ready for the first team yet. Time will tell whether he will be the next Nani, Depay, Bebe, Zaha, or Giggs. Let us hope they have learned from the Zaha saga and do not make the same mistakes (take a talented but raw kid from the Championship, move him away from his friends, family, and the area he grew up in, parachute him into the first team of the most scrutinised club in the country while said club is having a high manager turnover, criticise him publicly, then act really surprised when he finds it hard to simultaneosly adjust to a new city, club, and team-mates in a higher league more competitive than any level he has ever played at, get quickly frustrated with him, then sell him for peanuts, then after leaving the club he goes and shows what a good player he is when given nurturing).

Ole's first signing.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I hope reports that Dan James' salary going from 4K per week at Swansea to 67K per week at MU are not true. 268K per month is a staggering amount of money to pay an untested player that has never played 1 second of EPL football.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:I hope reports that Dan James' salary going from 4K per week at Swansea to 67K per week at MU are not true. 268K per week is a staggering amount of money to pay an untested player that has never played 1 second of EPL football.
It is the United Way! :rotf: :rotf:

When you have an investment banker negotiating deals in an area, in which he isnt familiar, this is what happens. He thinks "if i thorw money at them," then they will show up. To be fair, that strategy has been working. However, that is also why you ave guys like Rashford, who have achieved NOTHING in his career, demanding 200k. In a sane world, James and Rashford will be sent out on loan to learn their craft.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:I hope reports that Dan James' salary going from 4K per week at Swansea to 67K per week at MU are not true. 268K per month is a staggering amount of money to pay an untested player that has never played 1 second of EPL football.
1. is he in the 1st team, or the academy
2. I am sure there's a minimum wage structure in place
3. It is not your money
4. he will be the lowest paid player in the first team
5. we will/should buy more players, and even pay them more. Glazers have underinvested in the squad

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S