Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 127  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:20 pm 

Top of CL group

2nd in the Prem

PP is back, Rojo too

We need Eric back soonest. This Smalling no dey fill me with confide

Watford game on Tuesday will be a real test

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o

@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:57 pm 

Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options

Marko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:18 pm 

^And is it still racist to consider Lukaku's first touch reminiscent of Titus Bramble in the Moulin Rouge.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 am 

marko wrote:
Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options

Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.
When are you guys playing City?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:07 am 

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:

Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.

In 3 games :D. Must See TV. The noisy neighbors are coming... The noisy neighbors are coming :thumbs:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:57 am 

spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:

In 3 games :D. Must See TV. The noisy neighbors are coming... The noisy neighbors are coming :thumbs:

The noisy neighbors are coming on a BUS :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am 

Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes

Marko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm 

Lindelof is the dodgy one more than Smalling. Cannot believe Man Utd paid 35m for a player with that many rough edges to his game. The youngster Tuanzebe (a youth team player) looks more composed than him. Behold the work of Lindelof:

Lindelof's "performance" for Sweden against Holland... He committed a Sunday football style error. He tried to clear the ball and accidentally booted the ball onto his hand inside his own penalty area! (I kid you not) :shock: He gave away a penalty and a goal.

He is really a WIP. If Man Utd wanted a defender with lots of room to improve, they could have just groomed Tuanzebe rather than paying nearly 40 million for a defender that needs remoulding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RmGYAt-C4

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -Cup-video

tfco wrote:
Top of CL group

2nd in the Prem

PP is back, Rojo too

We need Eric back soonest. This Smalling no dey fill me with confide

Watford game on Tuesday will be a real test

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:03 pm 

marko wrote:
Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes

LIES!! Thank God I am old enough to have watched Ferguson play Oshea and Fletcher in midfield, with Rafael and Park as Wingers, with Phil Jones as a RB in a bruising 4-4-2. :lol: You think we were born yesterday, and you can come and lie as you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm 

Small shout out for Carras16 who is probably playing his last season for MUFC. The club announced last week that he has been out of the team the past 3 months because he underwent treatment for an irregular heartbeat. He is back in training but not at match fitness yet. Probably the end of the road for him as he is 36, already had his testimonial, has a beautiful wife and family, and Mourinho and the board have offered him a position on the coaching staff.

If it is indeed his final season - well done Carras. Just a shame that some England managers did not realise what an excellent quarterback regista you were/are.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:10 am 

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

LIES!! Thank God I am old enough to have watched Ferguson play Oshea and Fletcher in midfield, with Rafael and Park as Wingers, with Phil Jones as a RB in a bruising 4-4-2. :lol: You think we were born yesterday, and you can come and lie as you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You catch him right hand,Sir Alex did not play this kind football but trust Manu fan to lie just because City has move ahead of them.Sir Alex had it easy because City was crap and c.u.r.s.e just like spurs before Arab people bless the C.U.R.S.E.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 am 

spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:

Wow hope beloved win and allow the 2 Manchester fight it out.Chai good football every week

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm 

Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

This surely is a major thing affecting United. Those are very important players

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:55 pm 

benteke wrote:
Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

Whatever........................JUST GO & PARK THE DAMN BUS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Park the bus, park the bus I say
Playing football the Mourinho way

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:04 pm 

zee wrote:
benteke wrote:

Quote:

Neville: United’s recruitment ‘all over the place’
Date published: Monday 18th December 2017 11:19

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United’s recruitment policy, highlighting that seven of the 11 starters on West Brom on Sunday remain from Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign.

Ferguson retired in 2013, since when David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have spent in excess of £600million on recruitment.

But many of their big signings, including Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have flopped, and Neville has hit out at the club’s “disjointed” approach.

“If you look at that back five today then they were all there when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the club,” said Neville on Sky Sports before United’s 2-1 win at West Brom.

“They’ve signed eight defenders in the last four or five years and not one of them is in the team today.

“You’ve got Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and David de Gea and you obviously have Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, who were also at the club as well, so seven out of that 11 were there five years ago.

“The recruitment has not been good enough in the previous five years. It’s been disjointed with David Moyes coming in, then they flipped upwards towards Louis van Gaal and then backwards with Mourinho in terms of the profile of players.

“It hasn’t been good enough, the recruitment, it’s been all over the place and you can see still quite a lot of the players in that squad have been at the club for a long time.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:08 pm 

Coach wrote:
^And is it still racist to consider Lukaku's first touch reminiscent of Titus Bramble in the Moulin Rouge.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm 

benteke wrote:
zee wrote:
benteke wrote:

Quote:

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United’s recruitment policy, highlighting that seven of the 11 starters on West Brom on Sunday remain from Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign.

Ferguson retired in 2013, since when David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have spent in excess of £600million on recruitment.

But many of their big signings, including Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have flopped, and Neville has hit out at the club’s “disjointed” approach.

“If you look at that back five today then they were all there when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the club,” said Neville on Sky Sports before United’s 2-1 win at West Brom.

“They’ve signed eight defenders in the last four or five years and not one of them is in the team today.

“You’ve got Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and David de Gea and you obviously have Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, who were also at the club as well, so seven out of that 11 were there five years ago.

“The recruitment has not been good enough in the previous five years. It’s been disjointed with David Moyes coming in, then they flipped upwards towards Louis van Gaal and then backwards with Mourinho in terms of the profile of players.

“It hasn’t been good enough, the recruitment, it’s been all over the place and you can see still quite a lot of the players in that squad have been at the club for a long time.”

Paid 600 million pounds "raheem sterling" for $#% on a stick. :lol: :lol: :lol: and some of you have the effrontery to talk about City's spending. smh

anyway, plenty plenty games still dey. As a lot of you love to point out, unlike NDL, the "EPL is not won in December" :lol:

#cosign

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:
zee wrote:
benteke wrote:

Quote:

Paid 600 million pounds "raheem sterling" for $#% on a stick. :lol: :lol: :lol: and some of you have the effrontery to talk about City's spending. smh

anyway, plenty plenty games still dey. As a lot of you love to point out, unlike NDL, the "EPL is not won in December" :lol:

#cosign

But it's 600million since Ferguson retired in 2013.

I personally mentioned that Pep on his own has blown around 400million on City, and he inherited brilliant players like De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Fernandino, Kompany, Sterling, Otamendi etc. That was a good starting point.

Off course a few things haven't gone well with United on the recruitment front, it's a thing i always argue about with fellow supporter @wiseone that Alex Ferguson let the squad fall much behind the City squad, and as such when he retired it became a scramble and panick operation to get back to the top, not to mention the mistake that was Moyes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:17 pm 

benteke wrote:

I personally mentioned that Pep on his own has blown around 400million on City, and he inherited brilliant players like De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Fernandino, Kompany, Sterling, Otamendi etc. That was a good starting point.

Off course a few things haven't gone well with United on the recruitment front, it's a thing i always argue about with fellow supporter @wiseone that Alex Ferguson let the squad fall much behind the City squad, and as such when he retired it became a scramble and panick operation to get back to the top, not to mention the mistake that was Moyes.

Is it really fair to blame SAF rather than the Glazers? didn't you have a lower net spend than around the time he left?

I agree that Pep has thrown an absurd amount of money at his problems, but you have to put it in context of the absurd transfer market that exists today. And at least it appears he is spending with a purpose to address specific areas that his team struggled with, in defense. It is undeniable that city was ancient in the back and he had to address it. No matter who he went for, in this absurd market, city was always going to overpay. He has a specific way he wants to play and bought players to fit his system.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:41 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:

Is it really fair to blame SAF rather than the Glazers? didn't you have a lower net spend than around the time he left?

I agree that Pep has thrown an absurd amount of money at his problems, but you have to put it in context of the absurd transfer market that exists today. And at least it appears he is spending with a purpose to address specific areas that his team struggled with, in defense. It is undeniable that city was ancient in the back and he had to address it. No matter who he went for, in this absurd market, city was always going to overpay. He has a specific way he wants to play and bought players to fit his system.

I am not at liberty to say specifically whether Ferguson was denied money or whether it was his own contempt for the agents and such stuff, because i understand he passed on the opportunity to sign was it David Silva or Aguero, but he thought the fee was too much and didn't like the agent or something like that. Same thing that saw Pogba leave for free.

Anyway, it's what it was, at the end of the day the Manchester United squad fell behind Manchester City on talent, and even behind Chelsea.

Plus don't forget ever since the Sheikh arrived, City have had a lot of bad signings that cost big money at the start, but now it's coming together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:05 am 

Pogba + a fit Bailly in the mix would have been a different story. We know how menacing United looked at the start before the injuries.

However, United have seen huge improvement this season. By the end of week 18 last 7 seasons:

Code:
Season ----- W   D   L  GF  GA  GD  PTS
2017/18 --- 13   2   3  39  12  27  41  ----- Mourinho
2016/17 ---  9   6   3  27  18   9  33  ----- Mourinho
2015/16 ---  8   5   5  22  16   6  29  ----- Van Gaal
2014/15 --- 10   5   3  33  19  14  35  ----- Van Gaal
2013/14 ---  9   4   5  31  22   9  31  ----- Moyes
2012/13 --- 14   1   3  44  25  19  43  ----- Sir Alex
2011/12 --- 14   3   1  47  14  33  45  ----- Sir Alex

** It took a long time but it appears United are finally back at Sir Alex territory as far as first half of the season is concerned. Let's see how things are at the end of the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:42 pm 

United have been unfortunate with injuries, Bailly, rojo, zlatan, jones, felliani, Pogba all at some point this season, if we have a fully fit 1st team playing, we will give city a good game

Marko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:30 pm 

benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:

I am not at liberty to say specifically whether Ferguson was denied money or whether it was his own contempt for the agents and such stuff, because i understand he passed on the opportunity to sign was it David Silva or Aguero, but he thought the fee was too much and didn't like the agent or something like that. Same thing that saw Pogba leave for free.

Anyway, it's what it was, at the end of the day the Manchester United squad fell behind Manchester City on talent, and even behind Chelsea.

Plus don't forget ever since the Sheikh arrived, City have had a lot of bad signings that cost big money at the start, but now it's coming together.

:lol: :lol: :lol: If you give money to English oriented managers, they will waste your money with some of the crappiest players who will come in at some of the most ridiculous prices and on salaries that would take forever to rectify.

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 127  Next