Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Bailly a top player who nearly got his confidence destroyed!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Bailly a top player who nearly got his confidence destroyed!
says who?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:tfco what's your view on the Mou-Pogba issue (ignoring all the nonsense post firing).
go to twitter and type in the search box for his opinion.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:tfco what's your view on the Mou-Pogba issue (ignoring all the nonsense post firing).
Exactly, when you dont trust your opinion or thinking, you run online to find someone who can think for themselves, then you copy and paste here as if to say, yes see what i found online

Problem is we are well clued here in CE, we know when we see rubbish football and a useless manager
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:When people sing or lament who do you bring in, I thought I heard that song at the Emirates with a certain monsieur abi na Professor Wenger, but when the obvious confronted them they had to bite the bullet, look at what Unary is doing in his first season with the same team that was stinking so badly last season fans were staying away from the stadium.

You may not get a Guardiola, but damn it, there are many Sari's, Unary's out there. Who will come in and do wonders with the budget Jose is pissing on while sulking about not signing players. Poch did not sign new players, his team still plays better football than United. I watched the make shift team against Leicester grind result out. Damn look at the miracle Rafa is performing at Newcastle, look at Wagner almost a pub looking team like Huddersfield... At least when they show up on the field they look like a team who have a coach.

Any sane coach would have played the team that played against Valencia, the only chop being Jones.

Anyways I looked at the table today and I can see United still at the 6th position, it means one thing, Jose still has some time at the Old Trafford to serve more misery to the United faithful.
Here we go again my friend Oloye.
Whilst you can point to numerous good managers.who can be the exact right fit for United, your Zidanes, Laurent Blanc all jobless, and potentially the likes of Pochettino, Simeone, Alleggri etc, guess what the board has done.
Ole Gunnar. Phelan assistant.
Possibly permanent. Highly likely.
As i was saying, the people running Manchester don't operate according to our common logic and wisdom.

What's your take on this appointment brother Oloye and other guys Marko and Others.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:
2 massive egos at play

One: Pogba is the face of United, i'm sure Jose recognised that

Two: I'm sure Jose also recognised that United is more of a brand now than a football team challenging for honours
Ed Woodward will not be fired anytime soon especially with the money he's making the Glazers

He should have adjusted his mentality accordingly, not sure how but anyway.....

Jose wants to win games, his boss (who is not a football man) wants to expand the United brand. Two different paths
Thanks for this, appreciate your perspective.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
He gave a good account, I felt like both were to blame to a point. Pogba's successful World Cup was a result of him doing a lot of the stuff he allegedly was unwilling to do at United - final aside, didn't have a great attacking performance. Yet when Mou pointed it out he was labeled a bad guy. Mourinho on the other hand seemed too vindictive when it came to Pogba.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:When people sing or lament who do you bring in, I thought I heard that song at the Emirates with a certain monsieur abi na Professor Wenger, but when the obvious confronted them they had to bite the bullet, look at what Unary is doing in his first season with the same team that was stinking so badly last season fans were staying away from the stadium.

You may not get a Guardiola, but damn it, there are many Sari's, Unary's out there. Who will come in and do wonders with the budget Jose is pissing on while sulking about not signing players. Poch did not sign new players, his team still plays better football than United. I watched the make shift team against Leicester grind result out. Damn look at the miracle Rafa is performing at Newcastle, look at Wagner almost a pub looking team like Huddersfield... At least when they show up on the field they look like a team who have a coach.

Any sane coach would have played the team that played against Valencia, the only chop being Jones.

Anyways I looked at the table today and I can see United still at the 6th position, it means one thing, Jose still has some time at the Old Trafford to serve more misery to the United faithful.
Whilst you can point to numerous good managers.who can be the exact right fit for United, your Zidanes, Laurent Blanc all jobless, and potentially the likes of Pochettino, Simeone, Alleggri etc, guess what the board has done.
As i was saying, the people running Manchester don't operate according to our common logic and wisdom.

What's your take on this appointment brother Oloye and other guys Marko and Others.
They have named him an interim manager, they have already written off the season, this is no different to Chelsea handing over the rein to Di Matteo. What they are trying to do is more like an experiment, let one of our own try it out. If it works just like it did with Di Matteo he might be told to carry on. Why not it worked with Zidane at Real, it worked with Guardiola at Barca and later with the other Barca former player Lui Enrique. They are trying what arguably was a successful model that had been tried and succeeded at clubs of similar stature.

No one ever thought Di Matteo would go on to win the champions league, no one knew Guardiola would go on to become such a success, nor Zidane who at the time of his appointment was deemed not ready or good enough, definitely when Lui Enrique was appointed to coach Barca, no one thought he would succeed as well.
So there is a model here that has worked on similar clubs, the club have simply gone for what can be called a united family crew to tinker the ship. No one expected this move, but it is a plausible one, and to placate the fans they have called the appointment an interim one, once again nothing new here. Chelsea have done this everytime they have fired Mourinho.

No big deal, like I said that fool Moyes is the loser for turning down a structure he could have used to climb into the big boys rank.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

They have named him an interim manager, they have already written off the season, this is no different to Chelsea handing over the rein to Di Matteo. What they are trying to do is more like an experiment, let one of our own try it out. If it works just like it did with Di Matteo he might be told to carry on. Why not it worked with Zidane at Real, it worked with Guardiola at Barca and later with the other Barca former player Lui Enrique. They are trying what arguably was a successful model that had been tried and succeeded at clubs of similar stature.

No one ever thought Di Matteo would go on to win the champions league, no one knew Guardiola would go on to become such a success, nor Zidane who at the time of his appointment was deemed not ready or good enough, definitely when Lui Enrique was appointed to coach Barca, no one thought he would succeed as well.
So there is a model here that has worked on similar clubs, the club have simply gone for what can be called a united family crew to tinker the ship. No one expected this move, but it is a plausible one, and to placate the fans they have called the appointment an interim one, once again nothing new here. Chelsea have done this everytime they have fired Mourinho.

No big deal, like I said that fool Moyes is the loser for turning down a structure he could have used to climb into the big boys rank.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Absolutely correct! i did have my reservations about the interim coach but sometimes one needs to be reminded with posts like this, its a tried and tested formula which has worked like you pointed out at Real madrid, barcelona, Chelsea, i was more surprised about Zidane, i guess the structure was already in place and he had a lot of respect with what he achieved at club and country level, so i guess he was able to keep the massive egos in check

Players like Xavi, that is another player i will like to see in management, dont know what his plans are but if he can translate what he did on the pitch to the dug out, he will be another good one!

well Ole Gunnar was Pogba coach funny enough and knows him quite well, maybe that can help calm some nerves, he said he wants to build the team around him, what is Pogba best position now that Mourinho is out of the picture?

Pogba assists stats were quite impressive last season before he went injured, a player like him needs to be used where he can damage the opposition, hopefully things will be different now

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Absolutely correct! i did have my reservations about the interim coach but sometimes one needs to be reminded with posts like this, its a tried and tested formula which has worked like you pointed out at Real madrid, barcelona, Chelsea, i was more surprised about Zidane, i guess the structure was already in place and he had a lot of respect with what he achieved at club and country level, so i guess he was able to keep the massive egos in check

Players like Xavi, that is another player i will like to see in management, dont know what his plans are but if he can translate what he did on the pitch to the dug out, he will be another good one!

well Ole Gunnar was Pogba coach funny enough and knows him quite well, maybe that can help calm some nerves, he said he wants to build the team around him, what is Pogba best position now that Mourinho is out of the picture?

Pogba assists stats were quite impressive last season before he went injured, a player like him needs to be used where he can damage the opposition, hopefully things will be different now

Cheers.
Your opinions are much appreciated.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

fr the D&G Brigade ready to believe everything they read in the media

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

sums up exactly how i feel regarding United spending.

We are a BIG club, we should not be Kenny pinching for academy players while the noisy neighbours are splashing the cash on superstars (read: Mahrez)

Inheritance Merchant didn't like Mangala etc. He asked for 4 defenders, he got them
Instead the Doom & Gloom Brigade have been brainwashed into thinking another Class of '92 is just around the corner - DREAM ON

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

These super stars were once academy players, they did not drop from the sky, Ronaldo was nurtured at United after leaving sporting Lisbon, Pogba was nurtured at united, beckham, Scholes, Neville were nurtured at united ad a host of many others

Its nice to give academy players a chance, Thankfully the new coach has promoted 2 academy players to the squad for tomorrow, its a welcome change, you might as well not have an academy if you have no intention of giving them a chance, rashford came from the academy and is thriving

My good friend son broke into the arsenal 1st team last week, thats progress, there nothing wrong with academy players, yes let Qatar spend state money on City, who cares

Leicester won the league with players worth 54 million! money is not always the answer, take a hint mate!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:These super stars were once academy players, they did not drop from the sky, Ronaldo was nurtured at United after leaving sporting Lisbon, Pogba was nurtured at united, beckham, Scholes, Neville were nurtured at united ad a host of many others

Its nice to give academy players a chance, Thankfully the new coach has promoted 2 academy players to the squad for tomorrow, its a welcome change, you might as well not have an academy if you have no intention of giving them a chance, rashford came from the academy and is thriving
!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

did you seriously write that?

Would this be one of the 'promoted'?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Marko, indeed Leicester won the league with Fuchs, Danny Simpson, Huth and Brigadier Wesley manning the baracks. If ever there were doubts of the power of motivation and team management to achieve synergy beyond belief, Ranieiri’s Foxes end all dispute. Mourinho, at no point in time, much like Alusi Ego Wengabe, had a starting 11, less capable than that at Ranieri’s disposal. The yield of the former was merely a consequence of mismanagement and various other failures. Yes, Jose may have needed more players to seize advantage, but when said players didn’t arrive, he needed to do what it said on the door, “Manage”...if Claudio could do it with Albrighton and Ulloah, there are many who should take a good look at themselves and their approach.

Solksjaer’s in and the mandate will be quite simple, get on with it and manage ya’ skinny bollock!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:These super stars were once academy players, they did not drop from the sky, Ronaldo was nurtured at United after leaving sporting Lisbon, Pogba was nurtured at united, beckham, Scholes, Neville were nurtured at united ad a host of many others

!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

did you seriously write that?

Would this be one of the 'promoted'?

How many times did he play? Probably once or? Mourinho was a failure, thats why he got sacked, get over it, share price went up by 4% after the sacking, united is a global brand, we cant have one track minded managers bringing down our brand!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: How many times did he play? Probably once or? Mourinho was a failure, thats why he got sacked, get over it, share price went up by 4% after the sacking, united is a global brand, we cant have one track minded managers bringing down our brand!
does it matter how many times he played? HE GOT PROMOTED, same as McTominay. But your blind hatred is clouding your vision

You've avoided my question so many times.
HOW MANY ACADEMY PLAYERS ARE PLAYING FOR MAN CITY?

Share price? Brand? Now you are thinking like a shareholder and not a football fan who wants to WIN.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: How many times did he play? Probably once or? Mourinho was a failure, thats why he got sacked, get over it, share price went up by 4% after the sacking, united is a global brand, we cant have one track minded managers bringing down our brand!
does it matter how many times he played? HE GOT PROMOTED, same as McTominay. But your blind hatred is clouding your vision

Share price? Brand? Now you are thinking like a shareholder and not a football fan who wants to WIN.
I am a united fan not a city fan, i could careless how many city academy players are on that team, i am not a shareholder, i am a true fan who wants to win like you said, something that was alien to Mourinho in the last 6 months or so, like i said, good riddance to nonsense, i will go as far and call him a football fraud!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

I am a united fan not a city fan, i could careless how many city academy players are on that team, i am not a shareholder, i am a true fan who wants to win like you said, something that was alien to Mourinho in the last 6 months or so, like i said, good riddance to nonsense, i will go as far and call him a football fraud!
you continue making references to the Inheritance Merchant and to Klopp and the Top 6

YOU WIN NOTHING WITH KIDS IN THE MODERN GAME

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

you continue making references to the Inheritance Merchant and to Klopp and the Top 6

YOU WIN NOTHING WITH KIDS IN THE MODERN GAME
Today we won the game with kids! The future are the youths!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
Today we won the game with kids! The future are the youths!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

your definition of kids is....players under 25?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

FYI, Lingard is 26.

next

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Keep on waffling about the place, you have switched conviniently and stylish, trying to fool people in here about the new regime at united, your mourinho tweets have suddenly dried up and now you are very vocal about OGS, if we lost, things would have been different, if anyone enjoyed the football Mourinho put us through, i would really question their football intelligence, you blamed players in several of your posts, let me quote you, is it Mourinho fault that Rashford cannot score? Is it mourinho fault, lingard did not finish ? In football everything is about confidence! The same players are playing differently within a week, sorry i will continue to question your real footballing alleigance

If you like. Mourinho that much and you think he was the messiah, feel free to follow him to any club crazy enough to secure his services!

Marko