Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
oloye wrote: But this season has unveiled the underlying problems that trails the tenure of Jose, one which the United hierarchy with their perceived knowledge of football ought to be aware of, an unsettled and unbalanced Jose, who when he goes into this mode will drag everything down into the dark alley with him.
:shock: :shock:
Ed Woodward..and The Glazers have football knowledge?? Now i have read it all
Midget I am not going to come down to your underground bunker to make myself clear.

You may grab at any straw you want to... Read the news he is gone. I will come back to address you when this same team starts to play like a well coached team not like a team without a coach.

Yes the people who run United don't know football, that is why they are saddled with the business of running a club like United and you remain just a fan.
With the same set of players?????? Ok ooo. let us see how many additions the 'new' coach will request for.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:but the Doom & Gloom crew (marko) think the problem is the manager

then they should rescind his sack
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
oloye wrote: But this season has unveiled the underlying problems that trails the tenure of Jose, one which the United hierarchy with their perceived knowledge of football ought to be aware of, an unsettled and unbalanced Jose, who when he goes into this mode will drag everything down into the dark alley with him.
Midget I am not going to come down to your underground bunker to make myself clear.

You may grab at any straw you want to... Read the news he is gone. I will come back to address you when this same team starts to play like a well coached team not like a team without a coach.

Yes the people who run United don't know football, that is why they are saddled with the business of running a club like United and you remain just a fan.
With the same set of players?????? Ok ooo. let us see how many additions the 'new' coach will request for.
Same was said when Jose was sacked at Chelsea.... While this team may not be the best, but did they not finish second last season or did those players come from Mars. You guys just don't understand how a toxic environment can destroy everything. Jose destroyed his own camp.. I see the same mistake every time... It is his nature, his way of operation. I I am willing to wager a bet, he would do it again in his new club.

Meanwhile this team won't win the league, but they have enough to play like a decent team and not play kick and follow. Give them a proper coach.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:

Same was said when Jose was sacked at Chelsea.... While this team may not be the best, but did they not finish second last season or did those players come from Mars. You guys just don't understand how a toxic environment can destroy everything. Jose destroyed his own camp.. I see the same mistake every time... It is his nature, his way of operation. I I am willing to wager a bet, he would do it again in his new club.

Meanwhile this team won't win the league, but they have enough to play like a decent team and not play kick and follow. Give them a proper coach.
when Mourinho left Chelsea the first and 2nd time, they won the champions league with the same set of players or am i incorrect? when Mourinho got sacked the 2nd time at Chelsea, Conte comes on board, freshen things up and bingo! they win the premiership with same set of players

Mourinho created a toxic atsmophere at united and this affected all the players, they lost confidence, credibility, everything, how can a team like Newcastle start running rings around us and anyone thinks its ok? Liverpool was the last straw, you do not lose to our biggest rivals and think you have a job the next week

the face on ferguson, Woodward on the TV screens must have told Mourinho his time is up, we need to go back to basics, no more cowardice football, if we lose, lets us attack at least

Just hope the boys have a team meeting amongst themselves and make the next team suffer!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Money well spent?

Mourinho leaves Man Utd

Here are those 11 signings made by Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, costing a combined total of £358.8m...
•Eric Bailly - Centre-back - Villarreal - £30m
•Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Striker - Paris St-Germain - Free
•Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Midfielder - Borussia Dortmund - £26.3m
•Paul Pogba - Midfielder - Juventus - £89m
•Victor Lindelof - Centre-back - Benfica - £31m
•Romelu Lukaku - Striker - Everton - £75m
•Nemanja Matic - Midfielder - Chelsea - £40m
•Alexis Sanchez - Forward - Arsenal - Swap involving Mkhitaryan
•Diogo Dalot - Full-back - Porto - £19m
•Fred - Midfielder - Shakhtar Donetsk - £47m
•Lee Grant - Goalkeeper - Stoke £1.5m

358 million! and yet people claim he was not giving money
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Money well spent?

Mourinho leaves Man Utd

Here are those 11 signings made by Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, costing a combined total of £358.8m...

again, do not look at the cost of players

Man United is the biggest club around, so we will always pay a premium for players
Look at the number of players he was given.

marko, you really do not get it.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

but the D&G team 9aka marko) think the problem at United is Jose

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well i wish Mourinho nothing but the best in his future endeavours, today is a new future, things will change, they have to change!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Of those:

Success - Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly, Matic (before this season!)
Failure: Lindelof, Pogba, Sanchez, Mkhi
Jury Still Out: Fred, Dalot, Grant,

Mourinho leaves Man Utd

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Of those:

Success - Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly, Matic (before this season!)
Failure: Lindelof, Pogba, Sanchez, Mkhi
Jury Still Out: Fred, Dalot, Grant,

Mourinho leaves Man Utd

i will not call Pogba a failure yet, fair enough the jury is still out but he reminded everyone what he is capable of at the world cup, in the right structure and the right mentality, he still has a future at united

Marko
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

SAF seen having dinner with Wenger tonight in Paris. Wenger in! Watch this space. :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

man united share price jumped by 4% after Mourinho left! I hope the interim manager looks into the youth, they must be given a chance, bring back that defender from Aston Villa, all decks on hands but we need an injection of youth now, the likes of Lukaku, matic, felliani, all Mourinho boys must be sad today

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

tfco wrote:
tfco wrote:but the Doom & Gloom crew (marko) think the problem is the manager

Which is it? Jose signed 9 players or 11?
Please make up you damn mind....! :P
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Rumours of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer being made Interim manager
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:man united share price jumped by 4% after Mourinho left! I hope the interim manager looks into the youth, they must be given a chance, bring back that defender from Aston Villa, all decks on hands but we need an injection of youth now, the likes of Lukaku, matic, felliani, all Mourinho boys must be sad today
which youth do you have in mind? you've been saying youth for a while

do you mean players from the academy? Jose has done that? More than other managers in Top 6

who are the youth currently playing for City? Other than Phil Foden
Pool - TAA
Spurs - ??
Arsenal - ??
Chelsea - ??

so yeah, please tell me more about these youth players marko has uncovered who were not getting minutes under Jose

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:man united share price jumped by 4% after Mourinho left! I hope the interim manager looks into the youth, they must be given a chance, bring back that defender from Aston Villa, all decks on hands but we need an injection of youth now, the likes of Lukaku, matic, felliani, all Mourinho boys must be sad today

do you mean players from the academy? Jose has done that? More than other managers in Top 6

Pool - TAA
Spurs - ??
Arsenal - ??
Chelsea - ??

so yeah, please tell me more about these youth players marko has uncovered who were not getting minutes under Jose
if you are a real united fan, you will know there are a few youth players destined for greatness, some names were mentioned last night, perhaps check Twitter and copy and paste it back here for all to see :bump: :bump:

after all the famous 5 came from the academy despite people saying we cannot win the league with kids! like i said, they certainly can do no worse than the crap Mourinho put out on display on Sunday!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer named Man Utd caretaker manager until end of season

Breaking news

Manchester United have named former player Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as caretaker manager until the end of the season, a day after sacking Jose Mourinho.

Solskjaer spent 11 seasons at Old Trafford, scoring the winning goal in the 1999 Champions League final.

The 45-year-old takes over with United sixth in the Premier League.

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Wish him good luck, will not be easy until the end of the season, dont know much about his managerial qualities, his stint at cardiff did not end well, his first task will be to fix the dressing room and restore confidence back, i do hope some promising players now get a chance, players like mason greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Axel Tuanzebe, they certainly cannot perform worse than some players or maybe some players will now step up and play for their futures, Mourinho time is over, we expect nothing less than 150%

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tfco wrote:

Pool - TAA
Spurs - ??
Arsenal - ??
Chelsea - ??

You are kidding right?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:Wish him good luck, will not be easy until the end of the season, dont know much about his managerial qualities, his stint at cardiff did not end well, his first task will be to fix the dressing room and restore confidence back, i do hope some promising players now get a chance, players like mason greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Axel Tuanzebe, they certainly cannot perform worse than some players or maybe some players will now step up and play for their futures, Mourinho time is over, we expect nothing less than 150%
If you come in as a caretaker manager the last thing you want to be doing in a toxic environment is to introduce new players. Instead you want to sit the senior players down talk to them and ask for their co-operation and if possible help. The first order of business is restoring order and confidence. Caretakers fail when they go in and begin to see themselves as the Messiah who can do it all by themselves, these players will do to you what they did to the manager that just left.

I hear Phelan is gonna be drafted in... That is the solution right there, a good old head with hands on the pulse of the players.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:Wish him good luck, will not be easy until the end of the season, dont know much about his managerial qualities, his stint at cardiff did not end well, his first task will be to fix the dressing room and restore confidence back, i do hope some promising players now get a chance, players like mason greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Axel Tuanzebe, they certainly cannot perform worse than some players or maybe some players will now step up and play for their futures, Mourinho time is over, we expect nothing less than 150%
If you come in as a caretaker manager the last thing you want to be doing in a toxic environment is to introduce new players. Instead you want to sit the senior players down talk to them and ask for their co-operation and if possible help. The first order of business is restoring order and confidence. Caretakers fail when they go in and begin to see themselves as the Messiah who can do it all by themselves, these players will do to you what they did to the manager that just left.

I hear Phelan is gonna be drafted in... That is the solution right there, a good old head with hands on the pulse of the players.
dont you think some of these players i mentioned deserve a chance at least? at least 1-2 should be able to step up now especially if there is no pressure to finish top 4 but i do agree that the first step is a meeting with those senior players

Marko