Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Where is tfco? If it is to come laugh in Spurs thread after a loss, he is there.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

away loss vs home loss

Enjoy your anomaly in the CL.
At least we lost in the CL. You lost in the bloody Europa!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How much did y'all spend again on dabmaster? Even getting ze Special one .. chei!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

come join us on the Thursday party
Ahahahahhhhahahqhq :bump:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oloye - Martial and his agent really claim that losing the number 9 shirt is responsible for Martial's loss of form: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -form.html

Whether it is true is another matter.

I agree with you that the breakdown of his marriage at age 19 is a far more likely cause of his loss of form. Another thing that may be negatively affecting him is the loss of the number 9 position, not the number 9 shirt.

Mkhitaryan might justifiably feel aggrieved at not being in the team given that he was excellent in 2 of the 3 games he actually played in.

If Man Utd had not been so profligate in front of goal and buried their chances against Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal, and West Ham, they'd currently be on 28 points, only 3 points off the top of the table. Those missed chances and heroic GKing by Heaton and Randolph may come back to bite Man Utd at the end of the season...
oloye wrote: And why are Lingard, Rashford, Herrera heck even Fellaini has found new lease of life. The so called Jose hated Mata and his coming will kill Mata has turned into a farce as Mata has taken his game to a new level.

Yes hw thrived under LVG ,it was his first season and he walked into the team without hassles. He lost form during euro, that was way before Jose came in, whatever was responsible has nothing to do with jersey number only those searching for virgin in a maternity ward would run with that story while completely ignoring the real issue that can destabilise a man...woman wahala. The wahala that has seen the end of great men and brought empires down. His head wass done by omoge leaving him high and dry in a number 9 position. Strange what number can do to a man when taken away by a woman.

They have been taken awy shirts from players before Martial was born...he is just a french sissy!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...abeg, how the loss of number on a shirt make a player lose form? Nwankwo Kanu played with number 5 (a defender's number) on his shirt but still banging in goals as a number 9.
What a poor excuse.
If you can play, you can play, no two ways about it.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The same way Toure's agent was bleating around like a goat claiming Man city did not buy Yaya birthday cake. Those vermins called agents are the scourge of footballers..always looking out to destabilise players and force the next move...of course we all know who will benefit .

If you believe what this goat is saying then you should believe the other nama managing Yaya.
wiseone wrote:Oloye - Martial and his agent really claim that losing the number 9 shirt is responsible for Martial's loss of form: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -form.html

I agree with you that the breakdown of his marriage at age 19 is a far more likely cause of his loss of form. Another thing that may be negatively affecting him is the loss of the number 9 position, not the number 9 shirt.

Mkhitaryan might justifiably feel aggrieved at not being in the team given that he was excellent in 2 of the 3 games he actually played in.

If Man Utd had not been so profligate in front of goal and buried their chances against Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal, and West Ham, they'd currently be on 28 points, only 3 points off the top of the table. Those missed chances and heroic GKing by Heaton and Randolph may come back to bite Man Utd at the end of the season...
oloye wrote: And why are Lingard, Rashford, Herrera heck even Fellaini has found new lease of life. The so called Jose hated Mata and his coming will kill Mata has turned into a farce as Mata has taken his game to a new level.

Yes hw thrived under LVG ,it was his first season and he walked into the team without hassles. He lost form during euro, that was way before Jose came in, whatever was responsible has nothing to do with jersey number only those searching for virgin in a maternity ward would run with that story while completely ignoring the real issue that can destabilise a man...woman wahala. The wahala that has seen the end of great men and brought empires down. His head wass done by omoge leaving him high and dry in a number 9 position. Strange what number can do to a man when taken away by a woman.

They have been taken awy shirts from players before Martial was born...he is just a french sissy!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:Oloye - Martial and his agent really claim that losing the number 9 shirt is responsible for Martial's loss of form: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -form.html

Yeah you forget the poor officiating that hand your guys victory over bournemouth ,Soton and Hull City?You guys should just thank God that those first 3 games of the season go your way like na mid-table you guys for be.
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

I think people have moved the debate away from my initial concern. The issues are, why persist with a geriatrics whose goals return is 1 in 12 games while benching young players and claiming they are not delivering. In the same token, he claims that he needs more time to build a team. Who builds a team around geriatrics. The two men before him had amassed more points at this stage of the season that him. Its not a matter of being unlucky, the other two can also claim the same. So do we think Mourinho is the man to turn things around at our beloved club? If so, on what grounds should the club persist with him given he was given the fattest purse to spend, compared with the two before him, and has performed worse than them?
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

First 13 league games as Man Utd manager
W D L F A Pts
Louis van Gaal 6 4 3 22 15 22
David Moyes 6 4 3 22 17 22
Sir Alex Ferguson 5 6 2 14 10 21
Jose Mourinho 5 5 3 18 15 20
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

Looks like more people are increasingly losing faith on Mourinho
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/premier-l ... 20912.html
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mastermind 17 wrote:I think people have moved the debate away from my initial concern. The issues are, why persist with a geriatrics whose goals return is 1 in 12 games while benching young players and claiming they are not delivering. In the same token, he claims that he needs more time to build a team. Who builds a team around geriatrics. The two men before him had amassed more points at this stage of the season that him. Its not a matter of being unlucky, the other two can also claim the same. So do we think Mourinho is the man to turn things around at our beloved club? If so, on what grounds should the club persist with him given he was given the fattest purse to spend, compared with the two before him, and has performed worse than them?

I would like to say i am not surprised with how things are turning out.
I was really concerned when rumours started saying Mourinho will replace Van Gaal, especially because of how he left Chelsea, all the talk of "he is a proven manager in EPL" did not convince me.

Sometimes i even think that funny witch doctor from Ghana was right about Mourinho being cursed :biggrin:

Anyway i wonder if he will be fired too if he misses Champions League, although there's still time to make up that 11 point gap.
Chelsea turned around a 9 point gap and now they top the League.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

meanwhile Mourinho wants Mikel

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -mourinho/

This will be a very good move for him if you ask me
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Good performance and victory for United today against West Ham. Martial, Rojo, Mikhi, Rooney, Valencia, Jones and Ibra all balled very well supported by Herrera, Carrick and De Gea (bar the mistake and some uncharacteristic hesitations on his part). Luke Shaw should work on his positioning. He caused a lot of problems in the first half providing too much space for West Ham but the problem was fixed when Blind replaced him. Also, defending set-pieces is still a problem - at least 3 corner kicks were left begging for simple tap-in. De Gea should communicate better with his defenders. Huge weakness.

Not my preferred approach but I think Mourinho is on to something. The team is attacking and penetrating well but have been unlucky with goals. Glad to see 4 goals today but I think they are still some weeks away from the needed consistency. When they reach that stage they are going to be extremely difficult to handle. So glad to see Schweinsteinger back in action, he was well received by fans and he contributed in the build up to the 4th goal. Very confident and calm footballer like Carrick.

Worthy of mention is the positives - Martial is back, Rooney is back fighting, Mikhi is settling down to business.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:Good performance and victory for United today against West Ham. Martial, Rojo, Mikhi, Rooney, Valencia, Jones and Ibra all balled very well supported by Herrera, Carrick and De Gea (bar the mistake and some uncharacteristic hesitations on his part). Luke Shaw should work on his positioning. He caused a lot of problems in the first half providing too much space for West Ham but the problem was fixed when Blind replaced him. Also, defending set-pieces is still a problem - at least 3 corner kicks were left begging for simple tap-in. De Gea should communicate better with his defenders. Huge weakness.

Not my preferred approach but I think Mourinho is on to something. The team is attacking and penetrating well but have been unlucky with goals. Glad to see 4 goals today but I think they are still some weeks away from the needed consistency. When they reach that stage they are going to be extremely difficult to handle. So glad to see Schweinsteinger back in action, he was well received by fans and he contributed in the build up to the 4th goal. Very confident and calm footballer like Carrick.

Worthy of mention is the positives - Martial is back, Rooney is back fighting, Mikhi is settling down to business.
It is said that Man U has won every single game that Carrick has played this season, and struggle to score and win when he is not playing.
It was the same last season and when they both got injured with Bastian the season went down the bin.

Hopefully this season the team keeps fit and goes well in December.

It was good to see the welcome given to Bastian.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I hope martial can get some confidence from last night, he was so lethal last season, once we start hitting top form, some teams are in for some batterng, we did not even miss Pogba and mata
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The standing ovation that Bastian got for coming on as a sub 5 minutes from time was unreal. He must have been really touched by that reception. Amazing that the fans cheered him coming on to play 4 minutes of football in 8 months.

Credit to Bastian, he treated his ostracism by Jose with great professionalism. No whining, no going to the media, no outlandish statements from his agent, no threatening fire and brimstone or criticism of the club. He remained professional, trained, and turned up at OT every week to cheer on his teammates from the stands.

Then again - the joke might be on Jose. He has basically allowed one of the team's most experienced players to collect 200K a week for not doing anything other than Tweeting, taking selfies, and going to watch his wife play tennis.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

good win against Spurs

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 2nd
Week 3 - 3rd
Week 4 - 4th
Week 5 - 7th
Week 6 - 6th
Week 7 - 6th
Week 8 - 7th
Week 9 - 8th
Week 10 - 8th
Week 11 - 6th
Week 12 - 6th
Week 13 - 6th
Week 14 - 6th
Week 15 - 6th.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The team is finally taking shape, our midfield seems to be more settled now, we are matching the top sides, all we need is more goals, the Armenian has started to look good, he has settled into the premiership

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

when Bailly and Blind get to full fitness, we should be up and running.

I am still not sold on Jones and Rojo at the back

Herrera was immense v Spurs
Carrick was his usual self, composed

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...and Zlatan gave the ball aware carelessly and repeatedly.
When everyone is fit, I would start Bailly and Mike Smalling together (that will not happen for another 8 weeks due to Smalling's injury, and Bailly going off to AFCON).
tfco wrote:when Bailly and Blind get to full fitness, we should be up and running.

I am still not sold on Jones and Rojo at the back

Herrera was immense v Spurs
Carrick was his usual self, composed
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

tfco wrote:Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 2nd
Week 3 - 3rd
Week 4 - 4th
Week 5 - 7th
Week 6 - 6th
Week 7 - 6th
Week 8 - 7th
Week 9 - 8th
Week 10 - 8th
Week 11 - 6th
Week 12 - 6th
Week 13 - 6th
Week 14 - 6th
Week 15 - 6th.
Team may have plateaued, but a better index will be a look at the wins, draws and loses rather than position on the table.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think the club's league position is lower than their performances deserve. Those draws against Burnley, Stoke, West Ham, and Arsenal should have been wins instead of draws (except for heroic goalkeeping and wasteful finishing). Instead they got 4 points instead of 12. Those extra 8 points would have them in 3rd place, only 1 point behind second placed Arsenal.
jb wrote: Team may have plateaued, but a better index will be a look at the wins, draws and loses rather than position on the table.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Sometimes actual result takes time to start manifesting and the point of view that United's overall performances have improved over the previous years sounds valid to me. Fans, commentators, referees and even the manager hardly doze off anymore during our matches and De Gea is now often too idle to win man of the match awards :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:Sometimes actual result takes time to start manifesting and the point of view that United's overall performances have improved over the previous years sounds valid to me. Fans, commentators, referees and even the manager hardly doze off anymore during our matches and De Gea is now often too idle to win man of the match awards :lol:
:clap:

good point

has DDG won MoM for any game this season? I doubt

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S