Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Yes we are and we are doing it quietly
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Next 3 Fixtures

Sunderland (H)
Boro (H)
WHU (A) <--tricky this

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:we are creeping up on Top 4...gradually
It's even nicer when we have been written off. I hope they continue to ignore.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Latest #CarrickWatch stats - during the last 3 seasons Man Utd's record has been:

60% - win percentage with Michael Carrick in the starting 11
38% - win percentage with Michael Carrick NOT in the starting 11

(Source - OptaJoe) -

This season Man Utd's record with Carrick in the team has been:

P: 13
W: 11
D: 2
L: 0

Goals Scored: 32
Goals Conceded: 9
WWWWWWDWWDWWW

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

^^Dear Mssrs LVG and Mourinho

HE is the reason, not Fellaini.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Side note: the Spanish speaking lads at Man Utd seem to have a close camaraderie between them. Before the midweek game against Palace, I noticed that Andrew Smith, Bailly, Mark Red, Anthony Valence, and Johnny Kill all walked out together. Smith was talking very animatedly in Spanish to Bailly (not sure what Bailly's English is like?). If it is not great, Smith might be acting as the team interpreter to him.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Latest #CarrickWatch stats - during the last 3 seasons Man Utd's record has been:

60% - win percentage with Michael Carrick in the starting 11
38% - win percentage with Michael Carrick NOT in the starting 11

(Source - OptaJoe) -

This season Man Utd's record with Carrick in the team has been:

P: 13
W: 11
D: 2
L: 0

Goals Scored: 32
Goals Conceded: 9
WWWWWWDWWDWWW

:clap: :clap: :clap:

But @Wiseone, can you explain for me what went wrong at Wembley 2011, that day left me thinking that Carrick is only good for dominating tactically inferior EPL teams.
When Scholes was brought it was like a confirmation of my thoughts.

But as of now, i cannot deny how much Carrick has become so pivotal to Manchester United, that is one thing I missed on all the time i thought United must buy a new midfielder.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:we are creeping up on Top 4...gradually
It's even nicer when we have been written off. I hope they continue to ignore.
Oooh We gooners are shaking oooh,Jose never finish below Wenger in league and looking like Liverpool,chelsea and City are looking better to finish in top 4.we gooners are not in any way ignore Manu with just 4 points gap.Hmmmm if you guys keep win odd games then we are in trouble even spurs are not joking around.
Finishing top 4 this season is not going to be easy as the top 6th can win the league.So far Chelsea is in good position,6 points gap and has play all top teams in first round.Liverpool and City will kick each other next week.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote:Next 3 Fixtures

Sunderland (H)
Boro (H)
WHU (A) <--tricky this
This is a game Moyes really need to show up to his former employee that sack him. :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That day Carrick was up against Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets (AKA one of the greatest midfield trios in the history of the game). The fact that he was outplayed by Barcelona's midfield at their peak is no disgrace. After all that Barcelona team won 6 trophies in one year and what happened to Carrick happened to every other midfielder that Barcelona came up against. It also did not help that Carrick's partner in central midfield was the nearly 40 year old Ryan Giggs.

benteke wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But @Wiseone, can you explain for me what went wrong at Wembley 2011, that day left me thinking that Carrick is only good for dominating tactically inferior EPL teams.

But as of now, i cannot deny how much Carrick has become so pivotal to Manchester United, that is one thing I missed on all the time i thought United must buy a new midfielder.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:That day Carrick was up against Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets (AKA one of the greatest midfield trios in the history of the game). The fact that he was outplayed by Barcelona's midfield at their peak is no disgrace. After all that Barcelona team won 6 trophies in one year and what happened to Carrick happened to every other midfielder that Barcelona came up against. It also did not help that Carrick's partner in central midfield was the nearly 40 year old Ryan Giggs.

That was a very horrible day, we probably needed 3 Ngolo Kantes in order to be able to live with that Barcelona midfield.

My lingering memory of that game is of Fergie shaking like a leaf by the stands as those catalan midgets kept running rings around our players, it was a painful defeat.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

He was severely outplayed because he is overrated.

Just like many the English have touted as WC over the last half century...Super Mac, Woodcock, Souness, Sammy Lee, Terry McDermott, Bryan Robson, Squareball Wilkins, Scholes, Batty, etc

wiseone wrote:That day Carrick was up against Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets (AKA one of the greatest midfield trios in the history of the game). The fact that he was outplayed by Barcelona's midfield at their peak is no disgrace. After all that Barcelona team won 6 trophies in one year and what happened to Carrick happened to every other midfielder that Barcelona came up against. It also did not help that Carrick's partner in central midfield was the nearly 40 year old Ryan Giggs.

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:He was severely outplayed because he is overrated.

Just like many the English have touted as WC over the last half century...Super Mac, Woodcock, Souness, Sammy Lee, Terry McDermott, Bryan Robson, Squareball Wilkins, Scholes, Batty, etc

You forgot Steven Gerrard, the most overrated Englishman, and then Lampard too.

Carrick is actually underrated, he even rarely featured in the England national team.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu fans no shame going against Barca MF, Carrick did what he should do.That Barca MF will dominate any MF or team.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

happy Christmas EB. money sweet o
i think the tune is zoblazo, man i love that tune

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kaii this video go pain some people. See our Eric enjoying the money well well.

One of them even said umtiti abi na umpity dumpity will be better than our Eric :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Amen. :agree:
kajifu wrote:Manu fans no shame going against Barca MF, Carrick did what he should do.That Barca MF will dominate any MF or team.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

happy Christmas EB. money sweet o
i think the tune is zoblazo, man i love that tune

...how does sweet money make him to be dancer :???: Btw, I think his rough run at united defense and epl is about over with all the recent injuries.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mcal wrote:...how does sweet money make him to be dancer :???: Btw, I think his rough run at united defense and epl is about over with all the recent injuries.
:?

come again

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

By the way, if Sir Alex come that dressing room, e no go recognize am again. :lol:

Only Mourinho can come into a place and africanize it. Heard the next is Bakayoko of Monaco
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 2nd
Week 3 - 3rd
Week 4 - 4th
Week 5 - 7th
Week 6 - 6th
Week 7 - 6th