Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Let me explain something else to you, has anyone bothered looking into Pogba commercial value to united? This man has nearly 30 million followers on instagram, his commercial appeal is so great, man united a club built around its renowned marketing strategy worldwide, Pogba fits into the image they want to potray, Pogba also has a 10 year , 31 million pound deal with adidas, a world cup winner , also man united most talented player hands down! Does anyone honestly think Woodward is prepared to sanction a sale? Football is big business these days, united just announced an increase in revenues for the 3rd quarter of 2018, it helps to have players like Pogba around who is huge on social media

I hope for the sake of united Mourinho and Pogba sort out their differences because if one has to leave, am sorry that person will not be Pogba!

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/man-u ... gba-171702

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 89776.html
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

marko wrote:Let me explain something else to you, has anyone bothered looking into Pogba commercial value to united? This man has nearly 30 million followers on instagram, his commercial appeal is so great, man united a club built around its renowned marketing strategy worldwide, Pogba fits into the image they want to potray, Pogba also has a 10 year , 31 million deal with adidas, a world cup winner , also man united most talented player hands down! Does anyone honestly think Woodward is prepared to sanction a sale? Football is big business these days, united just announced an increase in revenues for the 3rd quarter of 2018, it helps to have players like Pogba around who is huge on social media

I hope for the sake of united Mourinho and Pogba sort out their differences because if one has to leave, am sorry that person will not be Pogba!

Seriously?? Is Pogba anywhere near where Beckham was before he left Utd, commercial wise? Does any brand on social media compare with the Man Utd brand? Is Pogba overtly the most talented player at Man Utd? Sanchez? Martial? He could be best, not sure he's most talented. No player is ever bigger than the club. The manager does not play the game for the players. Have you seen some of the idiocy Pogba and his mates put out at times this season? Criticize Mourinho's tactics all you want, his record and trophy cabinet speaks for themselves. We have players giving the ball away, getting outworked and overworked by former division 2 players, they made Brighton look like Real Madrid, Watford like Barca and Wolves like Bayern. What do Martial, Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku etc. need to attack? To beat players, make plays and score goals?? A blown whistle or a general's command? Check out the missed chances and braindead decisions in the final third from these guys. Is Mourinho asking them to make those too??

Pogba was playing to the gallery with his comments, they need to look at themselves and around them in the dressing room and figure out why they're being outplayed by Wolves, Brighton and Watford. Not quite top 4 quality or even top 10.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

felarey wrote:
Seriously?? Is Pogba anywhere near where Beckham was before he left Utd, commercial wise? Does any brand on social media compare with the Man Utd brand? Is Pogba overtly the most talented player at Man Utd? Sanchez? Martial? He could be best, not sure he's most talented. No player is ever bigger than the club. The manager does not play the game for the players. Have you seen some of the idiocy Pogba and his mates put out at times this season? Criticize Mourinho's tactics all you want, his record and trophy cabinet speaks for themselves. We have players giving the ball away, getting outworked and overworked by former division 2 players, they made Brighton look like Real Madrid, Watford like Barca and Wolves like Bayern. What do Martial, Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku etc. need to attack? To beat players, make plays and score goals?? A blown whistle or a general's command? Check out the missed chances and braindead decisions in the final third from these guys. Is Mourinho asking them to make those too??

Pogba was playing to the gallery with his comments, they need to look at themselves and around them in the dressing room and figure out why they're being outplayed by Wolves, Brighton and Watford. Not quite top 4 quality or even top 10.
As we speak they are currently being outworked and outfought by Derby County FC, at Old Trafford.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When your former player is outplaying you, you know it os time to take time off the game
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:When your former player is outplaying you, you know it os time to take time off the game
Exactly! Very ironic its a rookie coach, his former apprentice that sends him packing! Not reading into this result too much but like i said, if you criticise your players to the media every weekend, soon your players will do the same, something will give soon, things are not right at united
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Even Mourinho has admitted that Man Utd is such a monstrous corporate beast that its money making ability is almost immune to on pitch results and the player entrances and exits.

Man Utd also had great commercial assets named Beckham, Ronaldo, Rooney, Chicharito (huge in Mexico) etc. Sold them, and increased their profits anyway. Man Utd is a supercomputer. The players are just USB drives that get plugged in and out.
felarey wrote:
marko wrote:Let me explain something else to you, has anyone bothered looking into Pogba commercial value to united? This man has nearly 30 million followers on instagram, his commercial appeal is so great, man united a club built around its renowned marketing strategy worldwide, Pogba fits into the image they want to potray, Pogba also has a 10 year , 31 million deal with adidas, a world cup winner , also man united most talented player hands down! Does anyone honestly think Woodward is prepared to sanction a sale? Football is big business these days, united just announced an increase in revenues for the 3rd quarter of 2018, it helps to have players like Pogba around who is huge on social media

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anti Jose brigade is out
lol

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Pogba need to stfu and play. You don't throw your manager under the bus meant for the post
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:anti Jose brigade is out
lol

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

:lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Let me explain something else to you, has anyone bothered looking into Pogba commercial value to united? This man has nearly 30 million followers on instagram, his commercial appeal is so great, man united a club built around its renowned marketing strategy worldwide, Pogba fits into the image they want to potray, Pogba also has a 10 year , 31 million pound deal with adidas, a world cup winner , also man united most talented player hands down! Does anyone honestly think Woodward is prepared to sanction a sale? Football is big business these days, united just announced an increase in revenues for the 3rd quarter of 2018, it helps to have players like Pogba around who is huge on social media

If Barcelona are really serious, then United should accept £100 million for Pogba and run fast, he is not irreplaceable, and has never been on form for 3 straight games in a row during his time at Old Trafford since the 89million move.
Great talent, very good on his day, but it's not working out and it's affecting the team.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:When your former player is outplaying you, you know it os time to take time off the game

Word :!:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:Let me explain something else to you, has anyone bothered looking into Pogba commercial value to united? This man has nearly 30 million followers on instagram, his commercial appeal is so great, man united a club built around its renowned marketing strategy worldwide, Pogba fits into the image they want to potray, Pogba also has a 10 year , 31 million pound deal with adidas, a world cup winner , also man united most talented player hands down! Does anyone honestly think Woodward is prepared to sanction a sale? Football is big business these days, united just announced an increase in revenues for the 3rd quarter of 2018, it helps to have players like Pogba around who is huge on social media

If Barcelona are really serious, then United should accept £100 million for Pogba and run fast, he is not irreplaceable, and has never been on form for 3 straight games in a row during his time at Old Trafford since the 89million move.
Great talent, very good on his day, but it's not working out and it's affecting the team.
what star player will united bring in? especially to be coached by Mourinho? do you know how many high profile players dont want to play for united under Mourinho? Boateng said he cant consider united as this will be a step down from bayern munich! nuff said!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote: what star player will united bring in? especially to be coached by Mourinho? do you know how many high profile players dont want to play for united under Mourinho? Boateng said he cant consider united as this will be a step down from bayern munich! nuff said!
The likes of Boateng are exactly the types of prima donnas that United should be avoiding going forward. At least he was honest enough to say so and not come pick up a fat wage for nothing whilst poisoning the dressing room with silly antics.

With proper scouting homework there are loads of good players with good work ethic who will die to come play at a club like United.
Big name prima donnas should be avoided.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote: what star player will united bring in? especially to be coached by Mourinho? do you know how many high profile players dont want to play for united under Mourinho? Boateng said he cant consider united as this will be a step down from bayern munich! nuff said!
The likes of Boateng are exactly the types of prima donnas that United should be avoiding going forward. At least he was honest enough to say so and not come pick up a fat wage for nothing whilst poisoning the dressing room with silly antics.

With proper scouting homework there are loads of good players with good work ethic who will die to come play at a club like United.
Big name prima donnas should be avoided.
Dude you don't want a world cup winner one of the best defender but happy with Smalling and Jones :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coming to Manu is a step down for him nothing wrong just facts.Also Mustafi of Arsenal are the players United should be buying,Mustafi said he will turn Maldinin if he sign for Manu.You guys can come get him,he is a German international and younger than Boateng.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Na two of his former players don out coach him the last two games ooooh.
You are right he should take time off
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

How come a rich club like Manu signing a lot of waste pipe?I mean a club like Manu should be having the bes team in England at worst with super youth system and a cool head manager.Look how Liverpool buying players and how they play their game.....
Look who is playing their LB and RB position,i mean the cost of Pogba alone is the price of Salah,Mane and the Brazilian striker
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We have several fringe players in the squad, i watch highlights of our under 19s, there are some talented players, i can pick out a player call Gomez, these carabao cups should be an opportunity to try these players, i could careless if we lose to Derby with these up and coming players, city, liverpool, arsenal and a host of other teams use such players in these low rated cup games

why does Mourinho have to use the 1st team in these cup games and for what purpose, why is he so *hellbent* on winning these cups, when you lose against a team like Derby, all the wrong headlines start cropping up

The board need to sort out this mess sooner rather than later, they cant hope things go right, they cant hope we will go back to winning 7 games on a trot

right now morale is low! if Pogba is this issue, get rid of him, but for my earlier points, this will not happen, right now we have a manager that is clueless and that is the big problem

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:I am also with Mourinho on Pogba. Pogba answers directly to Mourinho while Mourinho answers to all stakeholders.

I hope he has the balls to see it through. Man United's success secret for several years spanning multiple generations of footballers under Sir Alex was 'firm grip' applied with wisdom. Pogba revealed the problem at Man United pointing fingers at Mourinho, whether he was joking or not. Sir Alex won't have that as he descended on influential players who opened their mouth to 'third parties'. It appears Sir Alex don't have problems with you berating your team-mates directly the way the likes of Roy Keane, Schmeichel, Cantona, Rio, Neville, Scholes, Vidic etc would do but say nothing directly to the outside world so he could clean up the mess. Pogba took it a step further by 'attacking' the manager's approach. While I agree with him on the culprit (for the sake of those who don't appear to see what's going on), the options are clear - Mourinho must assert his authority going forward and find a way to win Pogba to his side or alienate him and eventually let him go. The other option is for Mourinho to leave. I think he is giving the first option a shot. Let's see how the players respond in the coming weeks.
Good that we are on the same page on Mourinho, player power and poor attitude must be crushed urgently
Benteke, don’t get me wrong. I don’t have any problem with player power as it could be properly channeled towards achieving success by creating an environment where everyone is happy to be part of the team. However, I am with you on poor attitude.

I support Mourinho vs Pogba in expectation that he should earn his pay as the manager. We have to understand that Pogba had no issue like this at Juventus & the French National team. So it’s on Mourinho, who has a history of destructive tendencies, to earn his paycheck and resolve this issue as the manager. He must assert his authority, define a way forward then get his players on board. How he is going to do this is not my problem - he is the one earning millions a year as manager of Manchester United :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

They just had another drama having a go at each other in training this morning :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...haha, United lost to Derby county coached by former Chelsea star :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bigmanism on the rise, no be only SE players o :laugh:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YemiBrazil wrote:They just had another drama having a go at each other in training this morning :lol:
I'm beginning to think the rhyme "London Bridge......." is actually Manchester United :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba will not fall into line, that world cup was a game changer for him, he knows his power and is using it now, he has never had issues with former managers so why Mourinho? why does Mourinho fall out with star players from Hazard, Ronaldo,Robben, Pogba, Ramos? everywhere he has been in the last 5 years has just been destruction

lets see who ends up winning, united will demand a hefty fee for Pogba but at this rate i am not sure of his replacement, these top players will refuse to be coached by Mourinho, in fact thats why he cannot attract any star names, why will they want to come and play defensive football?

Marko