Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Oloye, I actually think a player looks better if he stands out at a club in the lower part of the division. At a top team you can look like a "captain, leader, legend" when you have a world class CB and brilliant FBs beside you, and three magnificent midfielders in front of you, making sure you have sod all to do all game. It is much harder at the bottom end where a defender has to defend with his life and body, and concentrate non-stop all game while being under constant assault by opposition attackers with no respite.

Keane is no hype job. Rio Ferdinand picked him out as a future England player when Keane was still a youth team player at Man Utd. He was that good even back then.
oloye wrote: Michael Keane....another english hype! Had a good season at what club again? A kwe kwe club. It is easy to shine in those clubs if you are a keeper or defender.... Football has moved on past these english boys.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Oloye, I actually think a player looks better if he stands out at a club in the lower part of the division. At a top team you can look like a "captain, leader, legend" when you have a world class CB and brilliant FBs beside you, and three magnificent midfielders in front of you, making sure you have sod all to do all game. It is much harder at the bottom end where a defender has to defend with his life and body, and concentrate non-stop all game while being under constant assault by opposition attackers with no respite.

Keane is no hype job. Rio Ferdinand picked him out as a future England player when Keane was still a youth team player at Man Utd. He was that good even back then.
oloye wrote: Michael Keane....another english hype! Had a good season at what club again? A kwe kwe club. It is easy to shine in those clubs if you are a keeper or defender.... Football has moved on past these english boys.
The ex england stars always band together while touting their own. I saw the likes of Ferdinand, Sol and Terry at the level Keane is right now, they were by far better...and i mean far better. So i know the standards am applying to rate him. He is not better than Smalling, Jones or even my Rojo. Even my good old Wes Brown was much better especially his ability to play multiple positions.

He is ok....but not good enough at the level which ManU is striving for. If you are letting the likes of Smalling and Jones go, why do so to go back to Michael who could not push them out of the way.

Ray Wilkins was raging like a lunatic touting him over Liendolf even when he had not seen the guy play,such is the blind patriotism and hype they heap on their players. Throughout the season we have been told how manU were going to sign Dier...bla bla bla.

Truth is ,like Stones this another one made by the British media.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf: Yeah Ray "The Crab" Wilkins did get carried away didn't he?

Keane is not as good as Rio. Sol, or (Des) Walker. Then again neither are any of the other England defenders. The standard of defending worldwide has declined badly in the last 10 years. Would Darmian have got into the Italy team in the days of Panucci and Torricelli? Would Rojo have got into the Argentine team in the days of Chamot, Ayala, and Poch? Keane is not alone in being not as good as his predecessors. You cannot really blame him for not displacing peak Rio and Vida from the Man U team when he was a 17yo! He blossomed after leaving Man U because he became a man (21).

Lindelof is a good player, but moving to another country can destabilise even the best players (witness ADM, Falcao, Sheva, Torres, Crespo, Pancev, Bergkamp at Inter etc etc). Signing players to play in another country is always a risk - no matter how good they are.

oloye wrote: The ex england stars always band together while touting their own. I saw the likes of Ferdinand, Sol and Terry at the level Keane is right now, they were by far better...and i mean far better. So i know the standards am applying to rate him. He is not better than Smalling, Jones or even my Rojo. Even my good old Wes Brown was much better especially his ability to play multiple positions.

He is ok....but not good enough at the level which ManU is striving for. If you are letting the likes of Smalling and Jones go, why do so to go back to Michael who could not push them out of the way.

Ray Wilkins was raging like a lunatic touting him over Liendolf even when he had not seen the guy play,such is the blind patriotism and hype they heap on their players. Throughout the season we have been told how manU were going to sign Dier...bla bla bla.

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:Victor Lindelof announced by United.
For the amount you guys are paying for him, its going to be a bloody steal! Van Dijk is being pursued by many for 60 million pounds, and United has secured this guy for 30 million pounds! Wow! Just like Bailly, I wonder what some clubs are doing rushing to pay overrated sums for players who have "famous names," while players who are actually better are out there.

Lindelof is a modern day CB. My favorite part of his game is that he is so good with the ball at his feet. He has excellent passing ability from the back. You watch him and forget he is a CB, because he passes like a number 10 :clap: :clap:.

Just a clip showing her good he is at his feet:
I take it you are one those dudes who mostly watch highlights, right? How's his defending?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote::rotf: Yeah Ray "The Crab" Wilkins did get carried away didn't he?

Keane is not as good as Rio. Sol, or (Des) Walker. Then again neither are any of the other England defenders. The standard of defending worldwide has declined badly in the last 10 years. Would Darmian have got into the Italy team in the days of Panucci and Torricelli? Would Rojo have got into the Argentine team in the days of Chamot, Ayala, and Poch? Keane is not alone in being not as good as his predecessors. You cannot really blame him for not displacing peak Rio and Vida from the Man U team when he was a 17yo! He blossomed after leaving Man U because he became a man (21).

Lindelof is a good player, but moving to another country can destabilise even the best players (witness ADM, Falcao, Sheva, Torres, Crespo, Pancev, Bergkamp at Inter etc etc). Signing players to play in another country is always a risk - no matter how good they are.

So Keane's main advantage would be that he knows the EPL.
But Manchester United wants to be competing in the latter stages of Champions League, so the board is rightfully aspiring for better quality players like Lindelof, I'm sure they have done their homework on this player,
I also don't think Keane is any better than Smalling or Jones, these two can be good on their day as well, but that's just about it.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote::rotf: Yeah Ray "The Crab" Wilkins did get carried away didn't he?

oloye wrote: The ex england stars always band together while touting their own. I saw the likes of Ferdinand, Sol and Terry at the level Keane is right now, they were by far better...and i mean far better. So i know the standards am applying to rate him. He is not better than Smalling, Jones or even my Rojo. Even my good old Wes Brown was much better especially his ability to play multiple positions.

I am surprised you listes Torres , at this point i think you have grudgingly agreed with me. Torres had great times at Liverpool, his stock rose to 50milla..,i dont know why you mentioned him because he struggled at Chelsea a move across cities as opposed to country. Scheva was done when he came to Chelsea, Falcao was trying to recover from a devastating injury...his move back to another country France has not been bad has it? Players can struggle to settle in a new club for many reasons other than moving across countries and leagues.

The likes of Bailey , Ibra, etc settled well innit? Truth is Michael could come back and still fail to settle,having found a comfortable place at where he is now.

Truth is, he is not better than Smalling or Jones , and if he is not i fail to understand what the hype is all about. Smalling even plays ahead of him for england!

Stop listening to the noise from the media, just like in naija, players and their agents have pr guys in the media who hawk their clients!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

On another note, the sums that Real Madrid are (allegedly) demanding for Morata are outrageous. Morata is good but 70 million is a mental price for someone they just rebought for about 25 million or less. If Man Utd want to spend 70 million on a striker, then they might as well go out and buy PEA who is a better player than Morata and is one of the best in the world.
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:On another note, the sums that Real Madrid are (allegedly) demanding for Morata are outrageous. Morata is good but 70 million is a mental price for someone they just rebought for aout 25 million or less. If Man Utd want to spend 70 million on a striker, then they might as well go out and buy PEA who is a better player than Morata and is one of the best in the world.
ManU and indeed the EPL big 3 or 2 have exposed themselves as money miss road clubs. Check out the crazy activities of ManU in the transfer market in the last 2 seasons...if you have a player like Morata, how much will you put on him. Like my yoruba folks would say...Ori ese were o bu? You see awoof why wont you collect your own.

Factor also the saga of DDG into the equation, it becomes like the song..do me i do you!

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Real Madrid (or "That Mob" as SAF called them) are something else. They want 70 million for a reserve striker, yet they were only willing to pay 20-30 million for the second best GK in the world! :shock:

I blame Man Utd for allowing themselves to be repeatedly abused by RM (shelling out 60 million for ADM, but allowing RM to steal Becks for 25 million odd and RVN for 10-12 million). In retrospect, the 80 million for Ronaldo was a bargain. Man Utd should have demanded nothing less than 100 million for a 24 yo who was the best player in the world.
oloye wrote: ManU and indeed the EPL big 3 or 2 have exposed themselves as money miss road clubs. Check out the crazy activities of ManU in the transfer market in the last 2 seasons...if you have a player like Morata, how much will you put on him. Like my yoruba folks would say...Ori ese were o bu? You see awoof why wont you collect your own.

Factor also the saga of DDG into the equation, it becomes like the song..do me i do you!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Real Madrid (or "That Mob" as SAF called them) are something else. They want 70 million for a reserve striker, yet they were only willing to pay 20-30 million for the second best GK in the world! :shock:

I blame Man Utd for allowing themselves to be repeatedly abused by RM (shelling out 60 million for ADM, but allowing RM to steal Becks for 25 million odd and RVN for 10-12 million). In retrospect, the 80 million for Ronaldo was a bargain. Man Utd should have demanded nothing less than 100 million for a 24 yo who was the best player in the world.
oloye wrote: ManU and indeed the EPL big 3 or 2 have exposed themselves as money miss road clubs. Check out the crazy activities of ManU in the transfer market in the last 2 seasons...if you have a player like Morata, how much will you put on him. Like my yoruba folks would say...Ori ese were o bu? You see awoof why wont you collect your own.

I do get your points.
But for the time being I'd like to think all this talk of Morata, Keane etc are still rumours.

But definitely when we come back to this thread around September on deadline day after the likes of Mbappe, Aubameyang etc made their moves, that Pogba transfer fee may become small and he may become a steal :mrgreen:

By the way FIFA won't be investigating United any further on that deal ....
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Any truth in the rumours about Nemanja Matic and Fabinho to United
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

40 million for matic :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
wiseone wrote:On another note, the sums that Real Madrid are (allegedly) demanding for Morata are outrageous. Morata is good but 70 million is a mental price for someone they just rebought for aout 25 million or less. If Man Utd want to spend 70 million on a striker, then they might as well go out and buy PEA who is a better player than Morata and is one of the best in the world.
ManU and indeed the EPL big 3 or 2 have exposed themselves as money miss road clubs. Check out the crazy activities of ManU in the transfer market in the last 2 seasons...if you have a player like Morata, how much will you put on him. Like my yoruba folks would say...Ori ese were o bu? You see awoof why wont you collect your own.

nah the TV money , so dem really no send, they actually make it back with profit
SuperEagles

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Bigpokey24 wrote:40 million for matic :lol: :lol: :lol:
How come talk as if it's a done deal.
It's still a rumour I haven't seen anything solid about the rumour.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
If Manu paid 40 million for this guy then its really true manu is money miss road sha.
Is Matic even guarantee a start in Manu in all fairness?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:
If Manu paid 40 million for this guy then its really true manu is money miss road sha.
Is Matic even guarantee a start in Manu in all fairness?
...but he started a lot for the league champion. Even dethroned our very own, banished to China.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco, so una wan spend 40 million on a 29 year one legged overrated serb :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ManU have been spending money like a money miss road Alhaji.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I would be very surprised if the reigning EPL champions sell one of their midfielders to a key rival. Not saying they will not sell Matic but selling him directly to Man Utd would be a surprise. When was the last time Chelsea agreed to sell a player to Man Utd?...
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:I would be very surprised if the reigning EPL champions sell one of their midfielders to a key rival. Not saying they will not sell Matic but selling him directly to Man Utd would be a surprise. When was the last time Chelsea agreed to sell a player to Man Utd?...
They gave us Mata, but that was only because Mourinho has always shown huge respect to United and sanctioned that move.
Chelsea also allowed Czech to join Arsenal.

However i also doubt this move will happen.
I hope not too :biggrin:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Bigpokey24 wrote:tfco, so una wan spend 40 million on a 29 year one legged overrated serb :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why do you hate these players so much

1. Nemanja Matic
2. N'golo Kante

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Mino Raiola hits the jackpot at ManU's expense again. I wonder how much of the 75million for Lukaku is going to him.

Someone need to do some in depth dig into accounts of Mourinho as he is probably getting a side cut on all these silly money.
Last edited by Cito on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Lukaku is a good player but spunking 75 million on him is madness. For that price they could get PEA (who is a better player). Since Jose is in the habit of buying back former players (Matic, Pogba, Zlatan) I am surprised he did not make a move for Keane and Dave Azpilucueta! Seriously though, I think JM likes big "target men" up front (Drogba, Zlatan, Costa) - hence the move for Lukaku.
Cito wrote:Mino Raiola hits the jackpot at ManU's expense again. I wonder how much of the 75million for Lukaku is going to him.

Someone need to do some indept dig into accounts of Mourinho as he is probably getting a side cut on all these silly money.