Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 4:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:32 pm 

We should be more worried about Real Madrid coming for DDG who is irreplaceable (unless Man Utd miraculously sign Neuer or Courtois).

Other points:

1) Man Utd today set a new club record for their longest unbeaten run in the league (25 games). They have surpassed the 24 game unbeaten run they set in the 2010/11 season.

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, TFM, Shaw, Zlatan, Pogba.

3) Jose's reticence to play youngsters is amazing. 6 defenders injured, Shaw and Bailly get injured - yet he preferred to play a RB in CD and two wingers at FB, rather than give a game to the talented young central defender Axel Tuanzebe.

marko wrote:
Just hope the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona don't come for Bailly

Last edited by wiseone on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:49 pm 

wiseone wrote:
We should be more worried about Real Madrid coming for DDG who is irreplaceable (unless Man Utd miraculously sign Neuer or Courtois).

Other points:

1) Man Utd today set a new club record for their longest unbeaten run in the league (25 games). They have surpassed the 24 game unbeaten run they set in the 2010/11 season.

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, Shaw, TFM, Zlatan, Pogba.

3) Jose's reticence to play youngsters is amazing. 6 defenders injured, Shaw and Bailly get injured - yet he preferred to play a RB in CD and two wingers at FB, rather than give a game to the talented young central defender Axel Tuanzebe.

marko wrote:

What of Mensah....that guy played cd under LVG and offered an assuring performance....but our believes he is an attacking midfielder!

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm 

oloye wrote:
wiseone wrote:

Other points:

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, Shaw, TFM, Zlatan, Pogba.

marko wrote:

What of Mensah....that guy played cd under LVG and offered an assuring performance....but our believes he is an attacking midfielder!

Mensah is actually a Defensive Midfielder, although in youth football, he played as a CB, also. I believe he played at RB under Van Gaal.

Anyway, he dislocated his shoulder on Thursday against Man City.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:33 pm 

Mensah = 'TFM' in my post above = another one on the injured list (he came on as a late sub against Man City (after Fellaini's red card) and managed to get injured in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch). Sigh...

oloye wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:44 pm 

There will a clear out st the end of the season, there are as many as 7 players who should look for other teams

I held a party for my son who came home from a 10 year sojourn in the UK, when he opened his dirty mouth to respond to the toast in front of my rotary colleagues, he spoke in a Nigerian farmer accent and i responded with a dirty slap and chatised him from hanging out in Ajegunle part of London, Plumsted, i specifically warned him to hang out with British people, never again, waste of my finances!
Diary of the Chief!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:58 pm 

wiseone wrote:

Other points:

2) The Man Utd defensive injury jinx continues. Two more defenders (Bailly and Shaw) were taken off injured. Man Utd finished the game with a "back 4" with everyone playing out of position. Two wingers at full-back, a RB in CD, and a LB in CD. Every single Man Utd central defender (all 5 of them) is injured, and they have 8 players out in total (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, TFM, Shaw, Zlatan, Pogba.

marko wrote:

Now Man United fans will understand that LVG was on to something with his Philosophy, just that injuries affected him, but he still managed to get Man United to finish on the same points as City, something that is unlikely to happen this season given the fixtures remaining.

The only hope now is to win the Europa Cup.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:38 pm 

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:

Other points:

marko wrote:

Now Man United fans will understand that LVG was on to something with his Philosophy, just that injuries affected him, but he still managed to get Man United to finish on the same points as City, something that is unlikely to happen this season given the fixtures remaining.

LvG is gone with his positives and annoying negatives. Mourinho is also on to something and he is the PRESENT. Undefeated in the league for almost 7 months is no joke. If this tight defence strategy is maintained and United is able to start converting good chances next season then we should expect a top 2 finish. Frankly, I don't expect a repeat of unnecessary draws at Old Trafford next season - that's a lot of dropped points against inferior opponents. We all know Mourinho goes all out in his 2nd season unlike Van Gaal who failed to build on the positives of his 1st season.

----------------------------------------------------------------
* 3SC * COD UNITED * MAN UTD * CORINTHIANS *

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:17 pm 

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:

Other points:

marko wrote:

LvG is gone with his positives and annoying negatives. Mourinho is also on to something and he is the PRESENT. Undefeated in the league for almost 7 months is no joke. If this tight defence strategy is maintained and United is able to start converting good chances next season then we should expect a top 2 finish. Frankly, I don't expect a repeat of unnecessary draws at Old Trafford next season - that's a lot of dropped points against inferior opponents. We all know Mourinho goes all out in his 2nd season unlike Van Gaal who failed to build on the positives of his 1st season.

My point being that i understand Mourinho struggles this season in the same way i understood LVG struggles that were reported as failure.

Definitely United will be much.better.next season.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:28 pm 

If Man Utd finish outside the top 4, should Jose keep his job? I mean they fired LVG for winning the FA Cup and finishing 5th on goal difference after being level on points with 4th placed Man City.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:24 pm 

wiseone wrote:
If Man Utd finish outside the top 4, should Jose keep his job? I mean they fired LVG for winning the FA Cup and finishing 5th on goal difference after being level on points with 4th placed Man City.

Yes he should. We are familiar with his track record - measured first season building a team that is difficult to beat then succesful second season. Europa's Thursdays has been a distraction and he is still in the mix. He already won the League Cup. His team is undefeated in the league since October and the Europa cup till date.
I would keep him - the top 6 of this season was the top 4 of previous years in terms quality - my opinion. I will keep him.

----------------------------------------------------------------
* 3SC * COD UNITED * MAN UTD * CORINTHIANS *

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 pm 

The fact man utd are unbeaten in 25 games shows he is on to something major, the defence has tightened up, we just need a 25-30 goal a season striker

I held a party for my son who came home from a 10 year sojourn in the UK, when he opened his dirty mouth to respond to the toast in front of my rotary colleagues, he spoke in a Nigerian farmer accent and i responded with a dirty slap and chatised him from hanging out in Ajegunle part of London, Plumsted, i specifically warned him to hang out with British people, never again, waste of my finances!
Diary of the Chief!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 pm 

There aren't too many of those. CR7, Messi, Suarez, Aubameyang, Cavani, Lewandowski, Dzeko, Belotti are the only ones in the top 5 leagues in Europe.

marko wrote:
The fact man utd are unbeaten in 25 games shows he is on to something major, the defence has tightened up, we just need a 25-30 goal a season striker

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:44 pm 

The Man Utd injury carousel has claimed another victim. Luke Shaw is out for the season and might miss some of next season too: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ansea-city

Updated injured and unavailable list:

Jonesy (injured by Smalling) - out for season
Smalling - out for season
Zlatan - out for season
Mark Red - out for season
Luke Shaw - out for season
Fosu-Mensah - out for season
Johnny Kills - just returning from injury
Pogba: ??
Bailly??
Fellaini - 3 match suspension

So all 5 Man Utd central defenders are injured, a LB is out for the season, another LB and RB have to play in CD, two wingers have to play at FB. Just like the LVG days again (only if Jose would give young Axel Tuanzebe a chance). Tuanzebe is very highly rated. Playing wingers in defence and FBs in CD might encourage young Tuanzebe to seek a career elsewhere if Man Utd won't play him. It seems that nothing has been learned from the Pogba saga where he left in frustration after Ferguson decided to play a RB (Rafael) in midfield and recalled the 37yo Scholes from retirement rather than play Pogba. Those who do not learn from history are ...

Last edited by wiseone on Wed May 03, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:26 pm 

wiseone wrote:
The Man Utd injury carousel has claimed another victim. Luke Shaw is out for the season and might miss some of next season too: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ansea-city

Updated injured and unavailable list:

Jonesy (injured by Smalling) - out for season
Smalling - out for season
Zlatan - out for season
Mark Red - out for season
Luke Shaw - out for season
Fosu-Mensah - out for season
Johnny Kills - just returning from injury
Pogba: ??
Bailly??
Fellaini - 3 match suspension

So all 5 Man Utd central defenders are injured, a LB is out for the season, another LB and RB have to play in CD, two wingers have to play at FB. Just like the LVG days again (only if Jose would give young Axel Tuanzebe a chance). Tuanzebe is very highly rated. Playing wingers in defence and FBs in CD might encourage young Tuanzebe to seek a career elsewhere if Man Utd won't play him. It seems that nothing has been learned from the Pogba saga where he left in frustration after Ferguson decided to play a RB (Rafael) in midfield and recalled the 37yo Scholes from retirement rather than lay Pogba. Those who do not learn from history are ...

So what is causing all these injuries, I remember last season some blamed LVG outdated training methods foe the unusual amount of injuries across the squad.

Looks like the bad luck is back, why all these injuries

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm 

Two things (that are not bad luck):

1) Jose's refusal to rotate the squad; and

2) Jose's refusal to play youngsters to give the first teamers a break every now and then.

For months I have been saying that Jose's insistence on keeping Zlatan and Pogba on the pitch no matter the match situation or scoreline would eventually cost Man Utd. I hate to say I told you so but...

Pogba got injured in the 88th minute of a match where Man Utd were winning 2-0 (after he played 120 minutes (including extra-time) only 3 days earlier). What on earth was he still doing on the pitch in the 88th minute of a game Man Utd were winning 2-0 comfortably? ...in a month where Man Utd have 9 games in 30 games and just before the Manchester derby! :shock: Ditto another game where Man Utd were winning 3-0 against 10 men and Jose refused to bring on any youngster to give any of the first teamers a breather - even just for the final 10-20 minutes.

Zlatan got injured during extra-time of a game in which he should have been subbed off. Bailly got injured after playing 8 straight games in 3 weeks.

benteke wrote:
So what is causing all these injuries, I remember last season some blamed LVG outdated training methods foe the unusual amount of injuries across the squad.

Looks like the bad luck is back, why all these injuries

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:52 pm 

Well good news, Bailly, Pogba, stalling and jones trained today, Mourinho said they are available for selection, this gives us some breathing space

Diary of the Chief!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:57 pm 

JM fInally gave Tuanzebe a very overdue start. I have been advocating his inclusion in the team for several months and he did not disappoint. He looked very assured, and played well. Especially when you consider he is a teenage kid making his EPL debut away at Arsenal - up against one of the best players in the world (Sanchez). His composed performance actually upsets me because I am now wondering why Jose kept him in the reserves all this time in the midst of a defensive injury crisis and instead opted to play full backs central defence, and wingers in defence, rather than give Tuanzebe a game.

Loved it when Sanchez tried to barge him off the ball, and he just absorbed the blow like a boxer and Sanchez went tumbling to the floor:

This is a photo of Rashford and Tuanzebe in their days together playing for Man Utd under-10s...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 pm 

wiseone wrote:
JM fInally gave Tuanzebe a very overdue start. I have been advocating his inclusion in the team for several months and he did not disappoint. He looked very assured, and played well. Especially when you consider he is a teenage kid making his EPL debut away at Arsenal - up against one of the best players in the world (Sanchez). His composed performance actually upsets me because I am now wondering why Jose kept him in the reserves all this time in the midst of a defensive injury crisis and instead opted to play full backs central defence, and wingers in defence, rather than give Tuanzebe a game.

Loved it when Sanchez tried to barge him off the ball, and he just absorbed the blow like a boxer and Sanchez went tumbling to the floor:

This is a photo of Rashford and Tuanzebe in their days together playing for Man Utd under-10s...

That is one area i liked Van Gaal for, we could be having like half a team of hungry youngsters unleashed into first team by now, he was not scared to do just that.

Anyway i hope these circumstances force Mourinho to field even more youngsters as he rests the whole team for Europa Final, if we go through on Thursday.

It was a telling moment when at 2-0 down he brought on Rashford and Lingard to salvage something, that shows how poor Rooney is now

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:27 pm 

Rooney is finished as a player

Diary of the Chief!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 am 

This Man Utd squad actually has a talented bunch of young players that could become the nucleus of a very good team IF they stay together. The squad had 5 players over 30. Then there are the following talented young players with much potential:

Rashford (19)
Fosu-Mensah (19)
Tuanzebe (19)
Shaw (21)
Martial (21)
Pereira (21)
Januzaj (21)
Pogba (24)
DDG (26 - young for a GK)*

Plus the following players who are approaching their prime football years: Andrew Smith (27), Jones (25), Smalling (27).

Man Utd have been praised for giving debuts to 5 teenagers in the past 2 seasons. This makes what Ferguson did all the more special. I do not think we will ever see a top EPL team introduce 6 teenagers into the team simultaneously like Ferguson did in the 1990s with Becks, Scholes, the Neville Boys, Butt, Gillespie etc.

Last edited by wiseone on Tue May 09, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 am 

wiseone wrote:
This Man Utd squad actually has a talented bunch of young players that could become the nucleus of a very good team IF they stay together. The squad had 5 players over 30. Then there are the following talented young players with much potential:

Rashford (19)
Tuanzebe (19)
Shaw (21)
Martial (21)
Pereira (21)
Januzaj (21)
Pogba (24)
DDG (26 - young for a GK)*

Plus the following players who are approaching their prime football years: Andrew Smith (27), Jones (25), Smalling (27).

Man Utd have been praised for giving debuts to 5 teenagers in the past 2 seasons. This makes what Ferguson did all the more special. I do not think we will ever see a top EPL team introduce 6 teenagers into the team simultaneously like Ferguson did in the 1990s with Becks, Scholes, the Neville Boys, Butt, Gillespie etc.

You forgot Fosu Mensah. There are talented players wasting away in Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd youth teams.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm 

Thanks for the reminder re TFM. You are right. These days young players do not get given much of a chance (except at places like Southampton and Spurs) and will get dropped from the team and banished if they do not hit the ground running with 9/10 performances. Lest we forget: Man Utd's famed "Class of 92" got battered 1-3 by Aston Villa in their first game. They and Ferguson got slaughtered by the press and Alan Hansen made his infamous "you will never win anything with kids" comment. Yet Ferguson persevered with them because he knew they would improve with experience.

These days can you imagine Man City, Chelsea, or Liverpool putting 5 teenagers into their starting 11? It would never happen. This is why talented youngsters like Ake, Solanke, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Januzaj, Tuanzebe etc are playing reserve team football or being sent on loan to the lower leagues. EPL managers do not want to take a chance with youth. Look how Man Utd lost Pogba, Michael Keane, Drinkwater, Heaton, and half of Leicester's title winning team because they would not give them a game. Yet Spurs became a title contender and Champions League club when they put Rose, Alli, Kane, Dier, Winks etc straight into their first team.

This is what scares me about Mourinho. He released young players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Matic. Those guys have turned out to be some of the best players in Europe.

Cristao II wrote:

You forgot Fosu Mensah. There are talented players wasting away in Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd youth teams.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 pm 

wiseone wrote:
Thanks for the reminder re TFM. You are right. These days young players do not get given much of a chance (except at places like Southampton and Spurs) and will get dropped from the team and banished if they do not hit the ground running with 9/10 performances. Lest we forget: Man Utd's famed "Class of 92" got battered 1-3 by Aston Villa in their first game. They and Ferguson got slaughtered by the press and Alan Hansen made his infamous "you will never win anything with kids" comment. Yet Ferguson persevered with them because he knew they would improve with experience.

These days can you imagine Man City, Chelsea, or Liverpool putting 5 teenagers into their starting 11? It would never happen. This is why talented youngsters like Ake, Solanke, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Januzaj, Tuanzebe etc are playing reserve team football or being sent on loan to the lower leagues. EPL managers do not want to take a chance with youth. Look how Man Utd lost Pogba, Michael Keane, Drinkwater, Heaton, and half of Leicester's title winning team because they would not give them a game. Yet Spurs became a title contender and Champions League club when they put Rose, Alli, Kane, Dier, Winks etc straight into their first team.

This is what scares me about Mourinho. He released young players like Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Matic. Those guys have turned out to be some of the best players in Europe.

Cristao II wrote:

Mourinho has already released Depay, although he thought about inserting a buyback clause.

But when rumours of Mourinho taking over started, many United fans seemed happy as if they forgot how Mourinho operates.
Even after the Arsenal game, many who were crying for attack attack at Old Trafford now seem disillusioned, i wonder what they expected from Mourinho in big games, even the like of Gary Neville are not looking too clever now :laugh:

This is what the club settled for after sacking LVG, and they have to stick with it for next season, or risk wasting time with more managerial upheaval

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next