Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Kabalega »

marko wrote:Pogba will not fall into line, that world cup was a game changer for him, he knows his power and is using it now, he has never had issues with former managers so why Mourinho? why does Mourinho fall out with star players from Hazard, Ronaldo,Robben, Pogba, Ramos? everywhere he has been in the last 5 years has just been destruction

lets see who ends up winning, united will demand a hefty fee for Pogba but at this rate i am not sure of his replacement, these top players will refuse to be coached by Mourinho, in fact thats why he cannot attract any star names, why will they want to come and play defensive football?
Why would ManU let Pogba go, when Mourinho is about to go anyway?
Unless Pogba downs his tools and demands a trade, ManU will not sell.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

This is the guy who said at a press conference that his own player (Eto'o) is probably 40 years old !!! WTF is wrong with this fool? His style has run out ... He was lucky to have unlimited budgets and great players. Otherwise, he is an arrogant jerk.
The man has no style of play ...
Bepanda
marko wrote:Pogba will not fall into line, that world cup was a game changer for him, he knows his power and is using it now, he has never had issues with former managers so why Mourinho? why does Mourinho fall out with star players from Hazard, Ronaldo,Robben, Pogba, Ramos? everywhere he has been in the last 5 years has just been destruction

lets see who ends up winning, united will demand a hefty fee for Pogba but at this rate i am not sure of his replacement, these top players will refuse to be coached by Mourinho, in fact thats why he cannot attract any star names, why will they want to come and play defensive football?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:How come a rich club like Manu signing a lot of waste pipe?I mean a club like Manu should be having the bes team in England at worst with super youth system and a cool head manager.Look how Liverpool buying players and how they play their game.....
Look who is playing their LB and RB position,i mean the cost of Pogba alone is the price of Salah,Mane and the Brazilian striker
That is exactly my point, why would you want a world Cup star whose heart is not at the club and will spend his time dragging his #$% around and stinking up the atmosphere, yet you can see Liverpool goes for some small names who will kill to be on their bench, and they work very hard on the pitch.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
kajifu wrote:How come a rich club like Manu signing a lot of waste pipe?I mean a club like Manu should be having the bes team in England at worst with super youth system and a cool head manager.Look how Liverpool buying players and how they play their game.....
Look who is playing their LB and RB position,i mean the cost of Pogba alone is the price of Salah,Mane and the Brazilian striker
That is exactly my point, why would you want a world Cup star whose heart is not at the club and will spend his time dragging his #$% around and stinking up the atmosphere, yet you can see Liverpool goes for some small names who will kill to be on their bench, and they work very hard on the pitch.
One of the things your club can do is get a manager that believe in youth.Zidan if you guys can beg him it will be a gold.Pay him 30 million a year.He will bring you world class youth players from France.Folks like Pogba will shape up and beg to even be on the bench.He has won everything any player in Manu will dream and been name world best.Look how he transform Real and Hazard was begging him to sign him and he will take pay cut .As soon as he step down Hazard sign extension at Chelsea.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:
One of the things your club can do is get a manager that believe in youth.Zidan if you guys can beg him it will be a gold.Pay him 30 million a year.He will bring you world class youth players from France.Folks like Pogba will shape up and beg to even be on the bench.He has won everything any player in Manu will dream and been name world best.Look how he transform Real and Hazard was begging him to sign him and he will take pay cut .As soon as he step down Hazard sign extension at Chelsea.
Players will respect Zidane because of what he has achieved in football, even Pogbe will fall into line because Zidane has been a winner at all levels of football

Zidane is an advocate for attacking football, that is what we need right now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The failure to start Pereira (the best player in pre-season and the most talented of the fringe players) against Derby was head scratching. Very strange that Man Utd felt the need to play a World Cup winner, World Cup finalist, World Cup semi-finalist, and a Champions League winner. Truly baffling.
marko wrote:We have several fringe players in the squad, i watch highlights of our under 19s, there are some talented players, i can pick out a player call Gomez, these carabao cups should be an opportunity to try these players, i could careless if we lose to Derby with these up and coming players, city, liverpool, arsenal and a host of other teams use such players in these low rated cup games

why does Mourinho have to use the 1st team in these cup games and for what purpose, why is he so *hellbent* on winning these cups, when you lose against a team like Derby, all the wrong headlines start cropping up

The board need to sort out this mess sooner rather than later, they cant hope things go right, they cant hope we will go back to winning 7 games on a trot

right now morale is low! if Pogba is this issue, get rid of him, but for my earlier points, this will not happen, right now we have a manager that is clueless and that is the big problem
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:The failure to start Pereira (the best player in pre-season and the most talented of the fringe players) against Derby was head scratching. Very strange that Man Utd felt the need to play a World Cup winner, World Cup finalist, World Cup semi-finalist, and a Champions League winner, was truly baffling.
marko wrote:We have several fringe players in the squad, i watch highlights of our under 19s, there are some talented players, i can pick out a player call Gomez, these carabao cups should be an opportunity to try these players, i could careless if we lose to Derby with these up and coming players, city, liverpool, arsenal and a host of other teams use such players in these low rated cup games

why does Mourinho have to use the 1st team in these cup games and for what purpose, why is he so *hellbent* on winning these cups, when you lose against a team like Derby, all the wrong headlines start cropping up

The board need to sort out this mess sooner rather than later, they cant hope things go right, they cant hope we will go back to winning 7 games on a trot

right now morale is low! if Pogba is this issue, get rid of him, but for my earlier points, this will not happen, right now we have a manager that is clueless and that is the big problem
Exactly what i think as well, why dont he play with more hungry fringe players, whats the pressure to win at all costs especially these caraboa competitions, what a perfect time to see if there are any players that can step up, not Mourinho, youth dont get a look in, ships them out on loan, its so embarrasing when you lose with your 1st team players!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

--------------------------------------------
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
Exactly what i think as well, why dont he play with more hungry fringe players, whats the pressure to win at all costs especially these caraboa competitions, what a perfect time to see if there are any players that can step up, not Mourinho, youth dont get a look in, ships them out on loan, its so embarrasing when you lose with your 1st team players!

Because he is under pressure.
He is now desperate to win any game even carabao cup.
I remember Van Gaal also being desperate and getting knocked out of Carling Cup by MK Dons after fielding a strong team.

Then we have a resurgent West Ham away next. The pressure mounts. What to do with Pogba.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

I remember Van Gaal also being desperate and getting knocked out of Carling Cup by MK Dons after fielding a strong team.

Then we have a resurgent West Ham away next. The pressure mounts. What to do with Pogba.
Pogba is not the problem, he is the only senior player man enough to question Mourinho tactics! the rest are just cowards and hide, Mourinho tactics are clearly not working, the players are not buying into his ideas

This calls for him to be flexible, he has to get them back to winning ways, these guys dont want to play for him anymore, yes he is desperate, even in desperation, he cant beat a lower division side, what does that tell you?

Pogba did not play, if he did, he will bear the brunt of the criticisms, what does this tell you? Pogba is not the issue, Mourinho coaching method are outdated

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

Pogba is not the problem, he is the only senior player man enough to question Mourinho tactics! the rest are just cowards and hide, Mourinho tactics are clearly not working, the players are not buying into his ideas

This calls for him to be flexible, he has to get them back to winning ways, these guys dont want to play for him anymore, yes he is desperate, even in desperation, he cant beat a lower division side, what does that tell you?

Pogba did not play, if he did, he will bear the brunt of the criticisms, what does this tell you? Pogba is not the issue, Mourinho coaching method are outdated
KPOM!
This is an old coaching trick. When the team is not doing well, pick on one player you think can handle the criticism and go for it. The player takes one for the team and draws attention away from the real problem.

It actually works but occasionally it backfires, usually when the target refuses to play along. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kabalega wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

KPOM!
This is an old coaching trick. When the team is not doing well, pick on one player you think can handle the criticism and go for it. The player takes one for the team and draws attention away from the real problem.

It actually works but occasionally it backfires, usually when the target refuses to play along. :)
Phil Jones was the fall guy this time, united should have won that game during 90 mins, today the headlines read, Mourinho fall out with Pogba, menawhile the real headline should have been, Mourinho cannot beat a lower division side, somehow this has been side tracked, the real issue has been ignored, i hope he does not pick Pogba on saturday again, Pogba should not be the fall guy for his erratic coaching methods

now pundits are suggesting rashford has to leave to realise his potential, i actually think its true, Spurs should suit him, Mourinho will never develop his game

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

I was just wondering what Mourinho will do about Pogba this weekend amidst all this controversy, the media will be waiting eagerly for his press conference to hear whether he will start or drop Pogba.
And they will be waiting for the West Ham game.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

I was just wondering what Mourinho will do about Pogba this weekend amidst all this controversy, the media will be waiting eagerly for his press conference to hear whether he will start or drop Pogba.
And they will be waiting for the West Ham game.
What if he doesn't start Pogba? In fact, Pogba should be happy not to play because this is not about Pogba.

Mourinho is just trying to use him. If you look at the video, Pogba is asking at the end, what did I do? What is going on? He was probably pissed off at the beginning because Mourinho refused to shake his hand for no reason.

It was all for show on Mourinho's part but the gullible fans fell for it.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

No. It was the other way around. LVG fielded a weak team when he did not have to (Man U had no fixture congestion and were not in the Champions League - so he could/should have fielded a strong side). Man U's starting 11 that day was:

David de Gea, Marnick Vermij, Reece James, Anderson, Jonny Evans, Michael Keane, Saidy Janko, Nick Powell, Shinji Kagawa, Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck (the subs who came on were Januzaj, Pereira, and Wilson).

Of that starting 11, only DDG was still at the club 1 year after that result. LVG just cleared out the squad.
benteke wrote: Because he is under pressure.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho is under pressure, he might decide to drop Pogba just to prove a point that he is still in control, once the other players take Pogba side, Mourinho is on his way out

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

KPOM!

Phil Jones was the fall guy this time, united should have won that game during 90 mins, today the headlines read, Mourinho fall out with Pogba, menawhile the real headline should have been, Mourinho cannot beat a lower division side, somehow this has been side tracked, the real issue has been ignored, i hope he does not pick Pogba on saturday again, Pogba should not be the fall guy for his erratic coaching methods

now pundits are suggesting rashford has to leave to realise his potential, i actually think its true, Spurs should suit him, Mourinho will never develop his game
United was lucky the game went to penalty,United was second best playing a man down.Before United level at 2-2 they were under pressure as Derby create more clear cut chances.So I don't know where you get that stas from that united should have won the game in 90 minutes :rotf: :rotf:
As for Rashford he can leave if he want,he miss the chance to leave when Arsenal wanted him in exchange of Sanchez.Going to spurs he will not start when all is healthy but spurs coach will make him a better player.
We warn you guys when you sign Jose but no one listen and think he is the right guy.Van Gal was doing a fantastic job building and empire like Sir alex but no rush rush.Sir Alex did not win title when he just came to manu it took him years almost got sacked
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

KPOM!

United was lucky the game went to penalty,United was second best playing a man down.Before United level at 2-2 they were under pressure as Derby create more clear cut chances.So I don't know where you get that stas from that united should have won the game in 90 minutes :rotf: :rotf:
As for Rashford he can leave if he want,he miss the chance to leave when Arsenal wanted him in exchange of Sanchez.Going to spurs he will not start when all is healthy but spurs coach will make him a better player.
We warn you guys when you sign Jose but no one listen and think he is the right guy.Van Gal was doing a fantastic job building and empire like Sir alex but no rush rush.Sir Alex did not win title when he just came to manu it took him years almost got sacked

Well Mourinho was brought to get united back to winnig ways, we are no close to the promise land, all he wants is money to buy ready made players, he will never build a team for years to come, right now united is in crisis, a club of this magnitude should never be allowed to go down this route, the board need to fix this mess ASAP

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

KPOM!

Well Mourinho was brought to get united back to winnig ways, we are no close to the promise land, all he wants is money to buy ready made players, he will never build a team for years to come, right now united is in crisis, a club of this magnitude should never be allowed to go down this route, the board need to fix this mess ASAP
Has he won you guys any title since he came?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho is not adaptive as a coach

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho will find out how cold and calculating Woodwad is, sources are already saying telephone calls are been made, i can believe this

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

3-1 loss to WHU
not good at all
players were not up to it

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

for those quick to blame everything on the manager....

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: