Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:Wish him good luck, will not be easy until the end of the season, dont know much about his managerial qualities, his stint at cardiff did not end well, his first task will be to fix the dressing room and restore confidence back, i do hope some promising players now get a chance, players like mason greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Axel Tuanzebe, they certainly cannot perform worse than some players or maybe some players will now step up and play for their futures, Mourinho time is over, we expect nothing less than 150%
If you come in as a caretaker manager the last thing you want to be doing in a toxic environment is to introduce new players. Instead you want to sit the senior players down talk to them and ask for their co-operation and if possible help. The first order of business is restoring order and confidence. Caretakers fail when they go in and begin to see themselves as the Messiah who can do it all by themselves, these players will do to you what they did to the manager that just left.

I hear Phelan is gonna be drafted in... That is the solution right there, a good old head with hands on the pulse of the players.
dont you think some of these players i mentioned deserve a chance at least? at least 1-2 should be able to step up now especially if there is no pressure to finish top 4 but i do agree that the first step is a meeting with those senior players
I am not saying they don't, just highlighting what is often the procedure. Of course the caretaker manager may find a player in the mix that even the old heads would say boss, we cannot understand why this one is never getting play time.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:Wish him good luck, will not be easy until the end of the season, dont know much about his managerial qualities, his stint at cardiff did not end well, his first task will be to fix the dressing room and restore confidence back, i do hope some promising players now get a chance, players like mason greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Axel Tuanzebe, they certainly cannot perform worse than some players or maybe some players will now step up and play for their futures, Mourinho time is over, we expect nothing less than 150%
If you come in as a caretaker manager the last thing you want to be doing in a toxic environment is to introduce new players. Instead you want to sit the senior players down talk to them and ask for their co-operation and if possible help. The first order of business is restoring order and confidence. Caretakers fail when they go in and begin to see themselves as the Messiah who can do it all by themselves, these players will do to you what they did to the manager that just left.

I hear Phelan is gonna be drafted in... That is the solution right there, a good old head with hands on the pulse of the players.
dont you think some of these players i mentioned deserve a chance at least? at least 1-2 should be able to step up now especially if there is no pressure to finish top 4 but i do agree that the first step is a meeting with those senior players
I am not saying they don't, just highlighting what is often the procedure. Of course the caretaker manager may find a player in the mix that even the old heads would say boss, we cannot understand why this one is never getting play time.
pls names? are wea talking about matic, Young, felliani, Lukaku???
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Marko, it would be near madness for OGS to come in and start handing out first-team debuts, willy nilly, to Tommy Pickles and the Rugrats. Much more than Tuzanebe et al, the success of his brief stint will hinge on his galvanising the old guard, having them believe in his authority, albeit transient, and perform to their potential. Solksjaer needs to sit the Billy Big Bollocks’ down, ask them where it went wrong and how they think it can be put right. His vision should then be articulated and those congruences highlighted. Where thoughts differ, Olé should detail his thinking/ideology. Tis well and good shouting attack, attack, attack...but given how comfortably United have been played off the park in recent times, getting back to playing football would be a suitable starting point.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:man united share price jumped by 4% after Mourinho left! I hope the interim manager looks into the youth, they must be given a chance, bring back that defender from Aston Villa, all decks on hands but we need an injection of youth now, the likes of Lukaku, matic, felliani, all Mourinho boys must be sad today
which youth do you have in mind? you've been saying youth for a while

do you mean players from the academy? Jose has done that? More than other managers in Top 6

who are the youth currently playing for City? Other than Phil Foden
Pool - TAA
Spurs - ??
Arsenal - ??
Chelsea - ??

so yeah, please tell me more about these youth players marko has uncovered who were not getting minutes under Jose
if you are a real united fan, you will know there are a few youth players destined for greatness, some names were mentioned last night, perhaps check Twitter and copy and paste it back here for all to see :bump: :bump:

after all the famous 5 came from the academy despite people saying we cannot win the league with kids! like i said, they certainly can do no worse than the crap Mourinho put out on display on Sunday!
do these youth players have names?

the famous 5 did not win the league as kids...they were blended in the senior team.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

compiling the list of questions that Doom & Gloom (aka marko) always runs from and fails to answer

1. why did the Inheritance Merchant not groom Kele, considering Kele had the best goals/minute ratio in EUROPE

2. Who are the youth players that United should be giving senior minutes?

3. Which other team in the Top 6 has given academy players more minutes than United

4. What happened to Dominic Solanke under Klopp, another manager who (supposedly) gives youth a chance

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: all about confidence mate! yes Rashford should have learnt by now that sometimes a chip will do besides power, a manager is supposed to help a player improve their game, all good managers do this, give Rashford to Guardiola, within a year, you will see wonders!

Pellegrini gave Iheanacho to Guardiola. we are still wondering
:bump: :bump:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

compiling the list of questions that Doom & Gloom (aka marko) always runs from and fails to answer

1. why did the Inheritance Merchant not groom Kele, considering Kele had the best goals/minute ratio in EUROPE

2. Who are the youth players that United should be giving senior minutes?

3. Which other team in the Top 6 has given academy players more minutes than United

4. What happened to Dominic Solanke under Klopp, another manager who (supposedly) gives youth a chance

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

i did not create any doom and gloom, Mourinho did that perfectly ok, 400 million and they end up playing worse than IICC!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:i did not create any doom and gloom, Mourinho did that perfectly ok, 400 million and they end up playing worse than IICC!
List of Youth Players please..and thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

one of the 'destroyed players'

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D&G crew now wondering if 16 is considered youth

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol:

hmmm i think 19 y/o is not quite young enough to be considered YOUTH
p.s - he only buys ready made and established players.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco what's your view on the Mou-Pogba issue (ignoring all the nonsense post firing).
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

anyone can go and lift stories from twitter, sorry will not get any credence in here, goes to show one does not have a mind of their own so they have to rely on the intellect of other people outside CE, sounds a bit like inferior complex if you ask me, well back to the story, so what if these young players are thanking Mourinho? they are only being diplomatic if you ask me! end of the day we are all human and we make errors, mistakes and what not, just goes to show these players have no malice and are trying to be the bigger person which of course we can respect! as an Individual, nobody has anything against Mourinho, as a coach, sorry he was a terrible manager at united, with what he had at his disposal and almost 400 million spent, we should be playing better football

Mourinho was determined to take down united when he did not get his way, same issues at madrid, Chelsea, now united, same falling out with players, then if you are going to lose to any team in the premiership, he surely picked the wrong team, if he understands united history and the intense rivalry between United and Liverpool, he would have gone for an all out attack, even if we lost, one will appreciate the effort

Mourinho must understand the symbol of getting sacked after the liverpool game, it was a symbolic statement and a future warning to any would be united coach, any team but liverpool and if you are going to lose, at least, do so fighting!

well its all history now, he is gone, we have to look towards a bright future, the toxicity has been removed!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kalani JR wrote:tfco what's your view on the Mou-Pogba issue (ignoring all the nonsense post firing).
2 massive egos at play

One: Pogba is the face of United, i'm sure Jose recognised that

Two: I'm sure Jose also recognised that United is more of a brand now than a football team challenging for honours
Ed Woodward will not be fired anytime soon especially with the money he's making the Glazers

He should have adjusted his mentality accordingly, not sure how but anyway.....

Jose wants to win games, his boss (who is not a football man) wants to expand the United brand. Two different paths

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:anyone can go and lift stories from twitter, sorry will not get any credence in here, goes to show one does not have a mind of their own so they have to rely on the intellect of other people outside CE, sounds a bit like inferior complex if you ask me, well back to the story, so what if these young players are thanking Mourinho? they are only being diplomatic if you ask me! end of the day we are all human and we make errors, mistakes and what not, just goes to show these players have no malice and are trying to be the bigger person which of course we can respect! as an Individual, nobody has anything against Mourinho, as a coach, sorry he was a terrible manager at united, with what he had at his disposal and almost 400 million spent, we should be playing better football
!
you have forgotten what you said

he does not play youth
he destroyed Bailly

thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:anyone can go and lift stories from twitter, sorry will not get any credence in here, goes to show one does not have a mind of their own so they have to rely on the intellect of other people outside CE, sounds a bit like inferior complex if you ask me, well back to the story, so what if these young players are thanking Mourinho? they are only being diplomatic if you ask me! end of the day we are all human and we make errors, mistakes and what not, just goes to show these players have no malice and are trying to be the bigger person which of course we can respect! as an Individual, nobody has anything against Mourinho, as a coach, sorry he was a terrible manager at united, with what he had at his disposal and almost 400 million spent, we should be playing better football
!

he does not play youth
he destroyed Bailly

thank you
academy players, not youth bought from other clubs, huge difference mate!

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tfco = 1 man advertising juggernaut for tweeter. Damn
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
!

he does not play youth
he destroyed Bailly

thank you
academy players, not youth bought from other clubs, huge difference mate!
lol, you've dug an even bigger grave

tell me how many minutes Klopp and the Inheritance Merchant have given their academy players?
Klopp has TAA and Solanke (sold or loaned)
the inheritance merchant has Foden. He had Kele...oops, marko doesn't wanna talk about Kele :rotf: :rotf:

Lingard, Rashford, McTominay...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tf, the world beyond the charade known as social media, is worth frequenting once in a while. For the most part, those messages are not written by Bailly et al, rather their ventriloquists and more often than not, any such offering is steeped in vested interest. If memory serves correct, was it not Terry who thanked Mourinho for helping him win trophies at his beloved Chelsea, the very same John who’d borrowed Brutus’ cloak and dagger. Bailly may not have been part of the coup d’etat and this may be an attempt to distance their client from Pogbo Haram, but Eric the red cannot deny that he too, put in some woeful shifts that played their part.

Outside of social media, Mourinho is sacked, gone, done. Wee-wee Solksjaer is in and so begins a new era. Dalot and alike will soon be championing the legend of Ole Gunnar. And the beat goes on.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:@Tf, the world beyond the charade known as social media, is worth frequenting once in a while. For the most part, those messages are not written by Bailly et al, rather their ventriloquists and more often than not, any such offering is steeped in vested interest. If memory serves correct, was it not Terry who thanked Mourinho for helping him win trophies at his beloved Chelsea, the very same John who’d borrowed Brutus’ cloak and dagger. Bailly may not have been part of the coup d’etat and this may be an attempt to distance their client from Pogbo Haram, but Eric the red cannot deny that he too, put in some woeful shifts that played their part.

Outside of social media, Mourinho is sacked, gone, done. Wee-wee Solksjaer is in and so begins a new era. Dalot and alike will soon be championing the legend of Ole Gunnar. And the beat goes on.
exactly!! Mourinho is gone, done and dusted, get over it mate! for the sort of football he gave us, good riddance as well! support the new era

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:@Tf, the world beyond the charade known as social media, is worth frequenting once in a while. For the most part, those messages are not written by Bailly et al, rather their ventriloquists and more often than not, any such offering is steeped in vested interest. If memory serves correct, was it not Terry who thanked Mourinho for helping him win trophies at his beloved Chelsea, the very same John who’d borrowed Brutus’ cloak and dagger. Bailly may not have been part of the coup d’etat and this may be an attempt to distance their client from Pogbo Haram, but Eric the red cannot deny that he too, put in some woeful shifts that played their part.

AFAIC, Eric never put in a woeful shift.

Yes, he made 1 or 2 costly blunders but he was, and still is, a true RED

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S