Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

I still believe we have a talented squad when our players are all fit, the problem is mourinho anti-establishment football, when Bailly is back, we will lock up shop
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:I still believe we have a talented squad when our players are all fit, the problem is mourinho anti-establishment football, when Bailly is back, we will lock up shop
The problem is the overpaid players having the will/fire to actually play! Sometimes they just go through the motions.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think Pogba's performance in the 2nd half v Everton was his best in a United shirt.

Lingard's contribution this season is an instructive lesson that sometimes you do not have to spend 30-50million on an expensive risk player from another club. Sometimes a homegrown player who loves the club and thinks it is a privilege to play for the club he supported as a boy can do the job at a fraction of the price:

This Season:
Lingard: 7 goals, 4 assists
Sanchez: 7 goals, 3 assists
Hazard: 5 goals, 2 assists
Mané: 5 goals, 4 assists
Alli: 4 goals, 6 assists

Plus the on loan Fosu-Mensah got MOM after an excellent performance against Man City (up against Sane).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:I think Pogba's performance in the 2nd half v Everton was his best in a United shirt.

Lingard's contribution this season is an instructive lesson that sometimes you do not have to spend 30-50million on an expensive risk player from another club. Sometimes a homegrown player who loves the club and thinks it is a privilege to play for the club he supported as a boy can do the job at a fraction of the price:

This Season:

Plus the on loan Fosu-Mensah got MOM after an excellent performance against Man City (up against Sane).

Not even close. You are forgetting his performances in August/September, when Untied was scoring 4 goals per match, before he got injured and was out for a while.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:I think Pogba's performance in the 2nd half v Everton was his best in a United shirt.

This Season:

guys come on. we played a very very poor team.

Yes he was moved up field which makes the most sense

As for lingard, i will take humble pie :D

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Maybe so. Then again we have played Bristol City, Burnley, West Ham, Huddersfield, and Southampton recently, and made them look like Real Madrid.
tfco wrote: guys come on. we played a very very poor team.

Yes he was moved up field which makes the most sense

As for lingard, i will take humble pie :D
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Struggling at home against Derby! They need to sack this coach :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:Struggling at home against Derby! They need to sack this coach :)
LOL. you think you are the only one watching the match, abi? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

What a goal! Well deserved!!!
They must have hit the post 100 times before this.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Nonsense, they are not struggling. They are dominating Derby. Just have been very unfortunate in front of goal, and the keeper has been incredible.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i knew about this game, but totally forgot when the time arrived

ouchhh

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

tfco wrote:i knew about this game, but totally forgot when the time arrived

ouchhh

Interesting you just remembered the game after they went ahead... :smile:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
Nonsense, they are not struggling. They are dominating Derby. Just have been very unfortunate in front of goal, and the keeper has been incredible.
:lol: :lol: CE where old men come to tell bold-faced lies! 70% possession, hit bar 4 times, then Rashford being as dumb as he usually is missed clear chances, and this one came here thinking he is the only one watching the game. :lol: :lol:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

charlie wrote:
Always unfortunate. How much is cost of the unfortunate team vs that of the fortunate team :)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
charlie wrote:
Always unfortunate. How much is cost of the unfortunate team vs that of the fortunate team :)
Well we saved the best for last :cry: :mad:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

wanaj0 wrote:
charlie wrote:
Luck is part of football as you well know, even if your bad belle dey obsfucate your senses.
Anyway, remind us who won and what the final score was.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

charlie wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
charlie wrote:
Luck is part of football as you well know, even if your bad belle dey obsfucate your senses.
Anyway, remind us who won and what the final score was.
Obvious how uncultured you are!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I was on tenterhooks in that Derby FA cup match. As Rashford hit the post (twice), Pogba hit the post, and Carson pulled off one miracle save after another from Mata, Pogba, Rashford, Martial etc I thought "here we go again". I honestly thought Derby would do a smash and grab and nick a late goal to win the game.

Thank goodness that Lingard bailed the team out again.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Tuanzebe needs to leave (either on loan or permanently). He is too good to be playing reserve team football. When you cannot get a game (or even on the bench) for cup games against lower league opposition, and Jose is playing a suspect CD out of position at RB, and an out of form Darmian gets in the squad ahead of you....time to move on.

Fosu-Mensah and Pereira did the right thing by going out on loan. Otherwise they would be at the club rotting in the reserves right now.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by danfo driver »

Ivorian Oloye is on his way back:
:clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Bailly! Bailly!! Bailly!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Premiership best defender

Marko