Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:If Mourinho fails to finish within top 4, does he get compensated when he is sacked, or maybe it's just a plain sack, which could be what the board is waiting for.

But the other problem that may arise is that no top coach will want to come and join confusion at Old Trafford, the options are very few, and United fans could wake up to top coaches turning down the job offer every other week.
There is no confusion at United, in the last 3 years you have spent handsomely on the transfer market, 90 and 75 million for Pogba and Lukaku, never mind the 40 some thing millas in between.

The only confusion is that which always trail Jose and his disruptive influences, this was why sir Bobby was against his hire.. The old sage has been proven right.

One lesson I have learnt in life, one which I did at a young age is never to succumb or subscribe to the lie that there is no life after certain individuals... It is a lie from the pit of hell one which enslaves men to what they should have cast aside in other to move on to greater things.

There was glory at United before Jose came!
I'm only saying confusion because after Moyes, the board went for LVG.
Then they just ditched him when he had a good plan and philosophy and just went with cries on the stands for Mourinho.
There doesn't seem to be a solid plan from the top, can you see one ?
Just sack and hire then spend money
That was not confusion, that was simply the side effects of transition, apart from Moyes which was an outright misguided hire. Whoever recommended Moyes had an ulterior motive, one whose odious aroma could be smelt from afar. LVG did not do badly, he won something and was in the process of putting in place a structure. The hiring of Jose was driven by commerce, the need to keep united relevant and within distance of the City... Doing so while looking for someone who can steady the ship and keep them going for the foreseeable future. Jose achieved that in his first 2 years with his horrible football. The europa win was a major boost for brand United, and coming second last season kept them in good stead especially if one is willing to overlook the 15 points gap while celebrating the fact that United beat City.

But this season has unveiled the underlying problems that trails the tenure of Jose, one which the United hierarchy with their perceived knowledge of football ought to be aware of, an unsettled and unbalanced Jose, who when he goes into this mode will drag everything down into the dark alley with him.

The only reason why he has not been let go is the huge money they would have to pay... That may soon be over looking at the body language of the powers that be in the stands yesterday. It does not take a soothsayer to know what is playing in the minds of these people if such shambolic display is the what awaits over the Xmas holidays.
exactly! Mourinho cannot turn things around, he has burnt too many bridges at united, i am certain he will start Pogba at the next game to try and shift attention so if we lose, he can use that as a perfect excuse as why he no longer starts games, if i was Pogba, i will rather sit on the bench
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:If Mourinho fails to finish within top 4, does he get compensated when he is sacked, or maybe it's just a plain sack, which could be what the board is waiting for.

But the other problem that may arise is that no top coach will want to come and join confusion at Old Trafford, the options are very few, and United fans could wake up to top coaches turning down the job offer every other week.
There is no confusion at United, in the last 3 years you have spent handsomely on the transfer market, 90 and 75 million for Pogba and Lukaku, never mind the 40 some thing millas in between.

The only confusion is that which always trail Jose and his disruptive influences, this was why sir Bobby was against his hire.. The old sage has been proven right.

One lesson I have learnt in life, one which I did at a young age is never to succumb or subscribe to the lie that there is no life after certain individuals... It is a lie from the pit of hell one which enslaves men to what they should have cast aside in other to move on to greater things.

There was glory at United before Jose came!
I'm only saying confusion because after Moyes, the board went for LVG.
Then they just ditched him when he had a good plan and philosophy and just went with cries on the stands for Mourinho.
There doesn't seem to be a solid plan from the top, can you see one ?
Just sack and hire then spend money
That was not confusion, that was simply the side effects of transition, apart from Moyes which was an outright misguided hire. Whoever recommended Moyes had an ulterior motive, one whose odious aroma could be smelt from afar. LVG did not do badly, he won something and was in the process of putting in place a structure. The hiring of Jose was driven by commerce, the need to keep united relevant and within distance of the City... Doing so while looking for someone who can steady the ship and keep them going for the foreseeable future. Jose achieved that in his first 2 years with his horrible football. The europa win was a major boost for brand United, and coming second last season kept them in good stead especially if one is willing to overlook the 15 points gap while celebrating the fact that United beat City.

But this season has unveiled the underlying problems that trails the tenure of Jose, one which the United hierarchy with their perceived knowledge of football ought to be aware of, an unsettled and unbalanced Jose, who when he goes into this mode will drag everything down into the dark alley with him.

The only reason why he has not been let go is the huge money they would have to pay... That may soon be over looking at the body language of the powers that be in the stands yesterday. It does not take a soothsayer to know what is playing in the minds of these people if such shambolic display is the what awaits over the Xmas holidays.
People keep asking why United looks disjointed and has no sense of style but then keep running away from the answer that is right in front of them.

To get rid of Van Gaal who was putting in place a certain structure and blooding in youth, and the move to hire Mourinho against the advice of the likes of Charlton and general consensus that Mourinho has a certain style that can cause disharmony, all of this just so that money keeps coming in and brand United keeps going, the powers at the top are responsible for all this.

Even the players brought in it seems most of them are bought for shirt sales rather than them fitting into a certain playing style.
The people who need to get their act together are the people who run the club, because they are the ones who hired Mourinho with full knowledge of how he operates.

Let us see who they try to get next and how they go about the whole thing of trying to ensure United is a team that plays like other big teams in Europe, all this can be down to the board, from who they hire to what kind of scouting and player purchases they approve.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The board must have learnt their lessons the hard way, LVG must be laughing at the drama, seems Mourinho broken Moyes/ LVG record after 12 or so games, we can certainly play better football not with the man on top, the board are playing a wait and see game, still hoping for a change in fortunes

right now Mourinho is a disruptive element who must make way, there are no ifs and buts, the man simply has to go and the board needs to start looking long term, give the new manager a mandate to build a new strong side within 3 years, no expectations in the fist season, just try and get us playing good football slowly and steady

The board should not give Mourinho a penny in the january sales, he cnnot be trusted with money, if we have that type of mony to spend, we ceratainly have money to pay him off
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

When people sing or lament who do you bring in, I thought I heard that song at the Emirates with a certain monsieur abi na Professor Wenger, but when the obvious confronted them they had to bite the bullet, look at what Unary is doing in his first season with the same team that was stinking so badly last season fans were staying away from the stadium.

You may not get a Guardiola, but damn it, there are many Sari's, Unary's out there. Who will come in and do wonders with the budget Jose is pissing on while sulking about not signing players. Poch did not sign new players, his team still plays better football than United. I watched the make shift team against Leicester grind result out. Damn look at the miracle Rafa is performing at Newcastle, look at Wagner almost a pub looking team like Huddersfield... At least when they show up on the field they look like a team who have a coach.

Any sane coach would have played the team that played against Valencia, the only chop being Jones.

Anyways I looked at the table today and I can see United still at the 6th position, it means one thing, Jose still has some time at the Old Trafford to serve more misery to the United faithful.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:When people sing or lament who do you bring in, I thought I heard that song at the Emirates with a certain monsieur abi na Professor Wenger, but when the obvious confronted them they had to bite the bullet, look at what Unary is doing in his first season with the same team that was stinking so badly last season fans were staying away from the stadium.

You may not get a Guardiola, but damn it, there are many Sari's, Unary's out there. Who will come in and do wonders with the budget Jose is pissing on while sulking about not signing players. Poch did not sign new players, his team still plays better football than United. I watched the make shift team against Leicester grind result out. Damn look at the miracle Rafa is performing at Newcastle, look at Wagner almost a pub looking team like Huddersfield... At least when they show up on the field they look like a team who have a coach.

Any sane coach would have played the team that played against Valencia, the only chop being Jones.

Anyways I looked at the table today and I can see United still at the 6th position, it means one thing, Jose still has some time at the Old Trafford to serve more misery to the United faithful.
that 6th position is very deceptive, the teams below, 7th to 11 including united have 2-3 points difference, so if we do not get a result at the next game, United can easily drop 5 places to 11 from 6th! considering the other teams get a better result, United have only won 1 game in 5 matches, compare that to liverpool, won 5, city won 4 out of 5, spurs won 4 out of 5, chelsea and arsenal won 3 out of 5, 12 points away from top 4, 19 miles away from Liverpool!
who would have thought! yet he claims to have started with Matic/ herrera because he wanted to match liverpool intensity! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:When people sing or lament who do you bring in, I thought I heard that song at the Emirates with a certain monsieur abi na Professor Wenger, but when the obvious confronted them they had to bite the bullet, look at what Unary is doing in his first season with the same team that was stinking so badly last season fans were staying away from the stadium.

Looking from outside, it can be easy for us to point at a lot of managers doing a job all over Europe, but the people in charge of United, they don't seem to see the common sense that you can observe from afar, when they decided to replace Van Gaal they didn't see all those managers doing a good job and went for Mourinho.
So that's why i am wondering if they can do a good job this time round and get it absolutely right.
Whether it's keeping Mourinho and giving him the players he wants, or putting things right for the next manager to succeed, who knows.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

benteke wrote:

Looking from outside, it can be easy for us to point at a lot of managers doing a job all over Europe, but the people in charge of United, they don't seem to see the common sense that you can observe from afar, when they decided to replace Van Gaal they didn't see all those managers doing a good job and went for Mourinho.
So that's why i am wondering if they can do a good job this time round and get it absolutely right.
Whether it's keeping Mourinho and giving him the players he wants, or putting things right for the next manager to succeed, who knows.
While I am a FAN of Mourinho, I was against his employment by Man U after the woeful performance while coaching Chelsea. He needs a break!

That said, Man U have a problem beyond JM. Same problem they had with Moyes and to some extent LVG. They have players who are just going through the motions. Players that are not committed. Players that are just interested in the paycheck. Di Maria for example and that German WC winner :)

There was a reason why Sir Alex said NO to Pogba's demand. Now they've added Sanchez for no reason.

Man U is filled with players who have other things 'motivating' them apart from football. That's why Lukaku will come back overweight. Pogba will likely spend more time on his hair than he will do honing his skills.

When you have a club where Ashley Young and Valencia are your full backs then you know there is a problem.

They need to sack Mourinho NOW nut there are more fundamental problems to be addressed.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The cost of sacking Mourinho, 24 million pounds! Let that sink in a bit, if top 4 not achievable, it goes down by 25% or 18 million, looks like we are stuck with Mourinho for the time being, dont think united are keen on parting with that type of money so they hope that things can turn around

Why they extended his contract is beyound comprehension, seems the board are inept, very tough situation in which we find ourselves, mourinho must be loving it now, thats why he is been erratic, he knows when the time is up and is doing everything possible to engineer his sack and golden handshake

Seems he has a personal vendetta against the board for not giving him more funds, not playing Pogba was sinister, the board are practically phuckkked! Seems Inter-milan or even Madrid are considering re-hiring, so Mourinho will do everything to get sacked, he feels his reputation is been damaged by staying, expect more fireworks, the board will be left with no alternative to fork out the money

Marko
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marko wrote:The cost of sacking Mourinho, 24 million pounds! Let that sink in a bit, if top 4 not achievable, it goes down by 25% or 18 million, looks like we are stuck with Mourinho for the time being, dont think united are keen on parting with that type of money so they hope that things can turn around

Why they extended his contract is beyound comprehension, seems the board are inept, very tough situation in which we find ourselves, mourinho must be loving it now, thats why he is been erratic, he knows when the time is up and is doing everything possible to engineer his sack and golden handshake

Seems he has a personal vendetta against the board for not giving him more funds, not playing Pogba was sinister, the board are practically phuckkked! Seems Inter-milan or even Madrid are considering re-hiring, so Mourinho will do everything to get sacked, he feels his reputation is been damaged by staying, expect more fireworks, the board will be left with no alternative to fork out the money
Geez a big club like ManU is worried about saving 6 million pounds on Mourinho while they are losing a lot more with him around?
I don't think so but strange things are going on over there.

Even the not superstious would think twice before renewing Mourinho's contract given his 3rd season syndrome history.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

where is the copy and paste crew that constantly calls out my name, bit strange they have not posted for a few days, please come in and defend Mourinho tactics against Liverpool, he wanted intensity and aggresiveness, instead he got players who simply could not pass 5 yards to each other, what about Fred, Mata and Pogba in midfield? surely could not have done any worse than what we put out there

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote: But this season has unveiled the underlying problems that trails the tenure of Jose, one which the United hierarchy with their perceived knowledge of football ought to be aware of, an unsettled and unbalanced Jose, who when he goes into this mode will drag everything down into the dark alley with him.
:shock: :shock:
Ed Woodward..and The Glazers have football knowledge?? Now i have read it all

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:The cost of sacking Mourinho, 24 million pounds! Let that sink in a bit, if top 4 not achievable, it goes down by 25% or 18 million, looks like we are stuck with Mourinho for the time being, dont think united are keen on parting with that type of money so they hope that things can turn around

you are all over the place

why do you keep persisting with this severance package stuff? You honestly think United is penny pinching over 24MM?
gosh

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:where is the copy and paste crew that constantly calls out my name, bit strange they have not posted for a few days, please come in and defend Mourinho tactics against Liverpool, he wanted intensity and aggresiveness, instead he got players who simply could not pass 5 yards to each other, what about Fred, Mata and Pogba in midfield? surely could not have done any worse than what we put out there
crew...they

lol, it is just me o, mr marko.

as i said, we win, you whine...we lose you whine

but yet you do not want Jose to sign any more players

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

but the Doom & Gloom crew (marko) think the problem is the manager

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

SAF's last 20 signings

But yet, the Doom & Gloom Crew (mr marko) expect all of Jose's signings to be WC

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:but the Doom & Gloom crew (marko) think the problem is the manager
It's not 22 players bought for Poch, it's actually 122. Msshheew
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: welcome back TFCO

The issue is not buying players, the issue is coaching or lack of coaching, thats why we have no semblance to a football team, its the same team that won the Europa cup afterall :thumbs: :thumbs:
Mourinho cannot be trusted with money, this season, he spends like 68 million pounds! and they sit on the bench dalot / fred, so why on earth will they give him more money? Bailly / Lindelof, over 50 million pounds, remember the transfer market is inflated! no bearings to suitability or mental state of the player

remember, Mourinho coaching methods are seriously outdated, its like using a spyware on your computer from the 80s! needs updating

Marko
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

I'm sad Mourinho is gone. But does he get paid off. If yes, he is a smart dude. Same pattern every time.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wanaj0 wrote:
While I am a FAN of Mourinho, I was against his employment by Man U after the woeful performance while coaching Chelsea. He needs a break!

That said, Man U have a problem beyond JM. Same problem they had with Moyes and to some extent LVG. They have players who are just going through the motions. Players that are not committed. Players that are just interested in the paycheck. Di Maria for example and that German WC winner :)

There was a reason why Sir Alex said NO to Pogba's demand. Now they've added Sanchez for no reason.

Man U is filled with players who have other things 'motivating' them apart from football. That's why Lukaku will come back overweight. Pogba will likely spend more time on his hair than he will do honing his skills.

When you have a club where Ashley Young and Valencia are your full backs then you know there is a problem.

They need to sack Mourinho NOW nut there are more fundamental problems to be addressed.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the fundamentals being the main issue.
I always say the players and the board must also be looked at carefully, they are a big part of the problem and that's why even Van Gaal struggled for results many a time.

The quality of players that play for United, many of them are always injured, some have been kept for too long and some will just never be good enough if United wants to compete with Europe's elite clubs.
It always looks like a very unbalanced team, even though millions have been spent.
And the board is responsible for overpaying all the time which is what fuels the talk of how much United has spent over the years
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote::thumb: :thumb: :thumb: welcome back TFCO

The issue is not buying players, the issue is coaching or lack of coaching, thats why we have no semblance to a football team, its the same team that won the Europa cup afterall :thumbs: :thumbs:
Mourinho cannot be trusted with money, this season, he spends like 68 million pounds! and they sit on the bench dalot / fred, so why on earth will they give him more money? Bailly / Lindelof, over 50 million pounds, remember the transfer market is inflated! no bearings to suitability or mental state of the player

remember, Mourinho coaching methods are seriously outdated, its like using a spyware on your computer from the 80s! needs updating
Marko, Mourinho is not the one who was negotiating the transfer prices, it was Woodward. Mourinho just gave him a list of players and the rest was history
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

lets have a fresh start, Mourinho is toxic

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote: But this season has unveiled the underlying problems that trails the tenure of Jose, one which the United hierarchy with their perceived knowledge of football ought to be aware of, an unsettled and unbalanced Jose, who when he goes into this mode will drag everything down into the dark alley with him.
:shock: :shock:
Ed Woodward..and The Glazers have football knowledge?? Now i have read it all
Midget I am not going to come down to your underground bunker to make myself clear.

You may grab at any straw you want to... Read the news he is gone. I will come back to address you when this same team starts to play like a well coached team not like a team without a coach.

Yes the people who run United don't know football, that is why they are saddled with the business of running a club like United and you remain just a fan.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho