Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

[/video]
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:we defend at home and that has been the norm for now, we all have eyes and can see this! let them go out and frigging attack, even if we lose, i will be happy
really?
i don't recall us doing that against Spurs, but maybe i watched a diff game.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:we defend at home and that has been the norm for now, we all have eyes and can see this! let them go out and frigging attack, even if we lose, i will be happy
really?
i don't recall us doing that against Spurs, but maybe i watched a diff game.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Mourinho's teams never get credit for the times that they attack, i noticed that when he won his last title at Chelsea, the August to December attacking run has been forgotten for ever :rotf:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Please attack like all old traditional united teams have done for decades, thats not too much to ask for, we playing Watford tonight, lets see what happens
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Romelu Lukaku doesn't understand why people don't appreciate Jose Mourinho's 'realness'.

Lukaku says the Portuguese is a family man, makes the players laugh and fights for them, and deserves respect.

"People know a side from him which is he's a winner," said Lukaku.

"But what I like about him is he's not going to fake his emotions. When he's mad, you know he is mad. When he's happy, you see he is happy.

"I don't understand why people don't like the realness about him. When he's mad at me I know he is mad at me, and I try to do what he wants so he is happy again."

Lukaku, 25, says Mourinho will not shy away from confrontation when he is unhappy with the way his players or the team are performing.

"Sometimes footballers, we get soft a little bit," added Lukaku. "If I listen to players from back in the day and now, a manager cannot say what he wants to a player because you feel attacked.

"But I don't feel attacked, because that's who I am - I am a tough man, but that doesn't come from football, that comes from my background.

"My relationship with him is cool. He makes me laugh, he makes the players laugh, he's a real family guy. He fights for his players, but he's real. When you're not happy, you don't need to fake your emotions.

"People need to appreciate that, at least there are people who are real in this world like him. Because most of the managers in the league, when they are not happy they try to find a way to seem happy.

"You should respect that he wants to keep his own personality and not shy away from confrontation. Here, he really wants us to improve. He is a normal guy, we get along well. He is cool with everybody."

Read: https://t.co/fWjdQVKItp https://t.co/0f4b6uiSVb
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Please attack like all old traditional united teams have done for decades, thats not too much to ask for, we playing Watford tonight, lets see what happens
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you changing your story? AGAIN?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

2 defeats for the great Poch

Crisis?
Has he lost the dressing room?
Should he have bought in the summer?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:2 defeats for the great Poch

Crisis?
Has he lost the dressing room?
Should he have bought in the summer?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Still mad at the media? It’s been explained to you but I guess it didn’t sink in. Manchester United is Manchester United :D .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Please attack like all old traditional united teams have done for decades, thats not too much to ask for, we playing Watford tonight, lets see what happens
:lol: :lol:
Game is ongoing
We are defending...at least that's what you see

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Marko, don't look now
A defender has scored

WE ARE DEFENDING

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Watford
Won 4 games to start the season.

We beat them. IKWW

Let's go United!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

..but internet coaches will not let us rest
mschew

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Big Fella

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You can usually tell how much a fan really knows about football by their opinion of 2 players: Carrick and Fellaini.

Today's game was an excellent demonstration of the best and worst of Fellaini. He constantly gave the ball away and dithered in possession. Yet he won every thing in the air and was an utter menace for Watford when Man U had attacking set pieces. He is one of those players that only the "educated" fans appreciate because he does things that are hard to "see", but are nonetheless really important to his team (intercepting, breaking up play etc). He does not score prolifically, dribble, or hit 35 yard free kicks into the top corner, so fans do not always realise how good a player he is. Other observations:

1) Lukaku was excellent (I actually think he should have been MOTM). He led the line, held the ball up, his movement was good, and he often came charging back to help his defence. He constantly keeps opposition defenders occupied. However he has a first touch like a baby rhino. He has to improve his first touch if he wants to join the absolute elite group of strikers (Lewa, Aguero etc).

2) Miracle Dave pulls off a worldie every game. His saves to deny Gray in the first half and Kabasele in injury time (94th minute) were simply breathtaking. He pulls of miraculous saves so often that his teammates have become immune to it and no longer bother to congratulate him/do the backslapping etc. I have never seen a GK at this level pull off Spiderman reflex saves with such frequency. If he carries on doing this, I will have no option but to conclude that he: (a) has been genetically enhanced in some secret government experiment; or (b) is not a human being.

3) Matic does not look fully fit/recovered from his surgery. I think the midfield may look more lively with Andrew Smith.

4) How or why is Victor Lindelof an employee of Manchester United Football Club? What is he good at? Is he part of some affirmative action programme to ensure that a Swedish player plays for Mn Utd?

5) Pogba is an outrageously talented player. Sometimes when a player has so much talent, he tries to show off how good he is, rather than play the simple ball. He often over-elaborates for this reason. Fewer stepovers and quicker ball release please.
tfco wrote: ..but internet coaches will not let us rest
mschew

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We only beat watford! We will not win the league beating the likes of watford, we have to beat the top 6 like city did last season, its that simple, hes good valuable 3 points, smalling has been doing this for years, no surprises here, we need more consistency, watford nearly pulled back a goal at the dying minutes, right now we playing functional football, nothing more to add
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I disagree - the only way to win the league is by "beating the likes of Watford"! FYI Watford was undefeated this season and had a 100% record having won every game, until...they faced Man U! FYI Watford was also in the top 6 (they were 3rd in the table before playing Man U).
marko wrote:We only beat watford! We will not win the league beating the likes of watford, we have to beat the top 6 like city did last season, its that simple, hes good valuable 3 points, smalling has been doing this for years, no surprises here, we need more consistency, watford nearly pulled back a goal at the dying minutes, right now we playing functional football, nothing more to add
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:I disagree - the only way to win the league is by "beating the likes of Watford"! FYI Watford was undefeated this season and had a 100% record having won every game, until...they faced Man U! FYI Watford was also in the top 6 (they were 3rd in the table before playing Man U).
marko wrote:We only beat watford! We will not win the league beating the likes of watford, we have to beat the top 6 like city did last season, its that simple, hes good valuable 3 points, smalling has been doing this for years, no surprises here, we need more consistency, watford nearly pulled back a goal at the dying minutes, right now we playing functional football, nothing more to add
:lol: :lol: :lol:

why bother

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Watford
Liverpool
Inter

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:Watford
Liverpool
Inter

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

:rotf:

Ferguson will be at Old Trafford today for the Wolves game
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well, back to normal service at old trafford, we just flatter to deceive, this game is like a loss! Meanwhile our rivals are winning comfortable, Mourinno just dont cut it anymore at this level!

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:Well, back to normal service at old trafford, we just flatter to deceive, this game is like a loss! Meanwhile our rivals are winning comfortable, Mourinno just dont cut it anymore at this level!
You are yet to sack JM???? Ok oooooo
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The game was quite even and could have gone either way, the likes of city or liverpool would have destroyed wolves, Lukaku seems to be off form, first touch still letting him down, sanchez, well absolute no value for money

Marko
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ahem y’all want another switch :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Ozil for Alexis :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.