Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [UCL] ALWAYS BELIEVE...NEVER EVER GIVE UP

Post by danfo driver »

kenya! :shock: guess this is the closest they can get to success. :rotf: :rotf:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [UCL] Man United (0-2) PSG

Post by wiseone »

5 of Man Utd's 6 outfield subs were teenagers. They finished the game with a 17yo, two 19yo, and a 21yo scored the winning goal.

marko wrote:Beaten by academy players, pls OGS, continue to play academy players, life is good
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I would have been OK with a brave and gallant defeat today. I just wanted Utd to put up a good fight, and thought they would be up against it with 10 outfield players out (11 once Bailly went off injured). The victory was all the more amazing given that they played the last few minutes with 9 men (Chong and Greenwood are promising, but not yet ready for this level of competition). I was thinking that a silver lining to CL elimination was that it would reduce their fixtures at a time when the club resembles a hospital casual ward with all the injuries. Now with FA Cup, EPL, and CL fixtures, who on earth will they manage to get on the pitch?!
Coach wrote:Fourteen points off the top with 9 games to play, the fast approaching mathematical impossibility of a title win gaining form with each passing weekend. Locked in a three-way tussle for fourth place. United spending a second more in a competition that Beloved is so desperate to reach, United exceeding our best return in how many years, with an interim manager who was so pathetic at Cardiff, Neil Warnock's shower of sh*t is being considered "making a fist of it"...is by no means good for Beloved. Tis more grease for that f*cking Mancunian elbow, TV money, gate receipts, celebrity, favour, tweets, retweets, dabs, handshakes, Milly Rock, fraggle rock and the rest of it.

Its belief, its form, its inspiration. Its dangerous.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Two of them were Rashford and J Lingz and have since gone on to play in a WC semi-final.

tfco wrote:FWIW i am not against the Academy, far from it

But the issue is, do you guys wanna conquer England (possible with Academy players) or rub shoulders with Barca, Juve, PSG, RM etc

LVG promoted 10+ Academy players...majority were sh'ite and have found their level
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It is somewhat creepy that OGS picked exactly the same starting 11 that I did below, and exactly the same 7 substitutes as well...

:shock:
wiseone wrote:With this casualty list, how many players can Man Utd get onto the pitch against PSG? Perhaps switch to a back 3 with:

DDG
Bailly-Smalling-Lindelof
Young-Pereira-McTominay-Fred-Shaw
Rashford-Lukaku

Subs: Romero, Dalot, Mark Red, Garner, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood

Good grief. That is a very green bench! :shock:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

This thread is a perfect example of why one cannot take CE too serious in commentry. The haters of Man U cannot even get themselves to be objective. Anyway onwards and upwards. To the next game.. Moving on. Well done Tfco for calling this one early on :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

akamoke wrote:This thread is a perfect example of why one cannot take CE too serious in commentry. The haters of Man U cannot even get themselves to be objective. Anyway onwards and upwards. To the next game.. Moving on. Well done Tfco for calling this one early on :)
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

football is never about 11 individuals but a team, i said this in another thread! i was shot down for saying this, PSG did not play like a team yesterday, they were busy showcasing their passing skills forgetting they had to score! they will simply learn the hard way
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:It is somewhat creepy that OGS picked exactly the same starting 11 that I did below, and exactly the same 7 substitutes as well...

wiseone wrote:With this casualty list, how many players can Man Utd get onto the pitch against PSG? Perhaps switch to a back 3 with:

DDG
Bailly-Smalling-Lindelof
Rashford-Lukaku

you called that one correctly!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:5 of Man Utd's 6 outfield subs were teenagers. They finished the game with a 17yo, two 19yo, and a 21yo scored the winning goal.

marko wrote:Beaten by academy players, pls OGS, continue to play academy players, life is good
Thats the future! hope OGS continue to use these players

Marko
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Just came to read Tifco's comments.

The bobo is a professional troll... :taunt:

Make I keep praying that Ghana doesn't win the AFCON. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cellular wrote:Just came to read Tifco's comments.

The bobo is a professional troll... :taunt:

Make I keep praying that Ghana doesn't win the AFCON. :P
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Marko
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I have a suggestion: Arsenal vs PSG in the 2nd round of UEFA CL any year. every year...at least one of them will win.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

akamoke wrote:This thread is a perfect example of why one cannot take CE too serious in commentry. The haters of Man U cannot even get themselves to be objective. Anyway onwards and upwards. To the next game.. Moving on. Well done Tfco for calling this one early on :)
i no go lie, i thought this one was over

but when i saw it was raining....perfect for English football

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
i no go lie, i thought this one was over

but when i saw it was raining....perfect for English football
too many signs yesterday! like you pointed out, the rain, the early goal, 1st half united leading, at 2-1 PSG just wanted to control the flow of the game, they did not seem to push for the 2nd goal that would have killed off this tie, they became complacent, Mbappe, too many fancy touches, they have to learn how to finish off teams, they got sucker punched by real madrid, barcelona, now united!

Marko
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

PSG was robbed. Never a penalty.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Nkume wrote:PSG was robbed. Never a penalty.
i always provide receipts

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so United won..PSG nah real trash :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: on serious note..massive respect to Ole .... at least we get to see Pogba balling like no tomorrow and that boy Rashford...now that is a player the English should be hyping..because he is the real deal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

he should not have been on the field to begin with

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

using the England NT as a yardstick to big up the United Academy is kind of cringe

WC semis...ok

wiseone wrote:Two of them were Rashford and J Lingz and have since gone on to play in a WC semi-final.

tfco wrote:FWIW i am not against the Academy, far from it

But the issue is, do you guys wanna conquer England (possible with Academy players) or rub shoulders with Barca, Juve, PSG, RM etc

LVG promoted 10+ Academy players...majority were sh'ite and have found their level

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:It is somewhat creepy that OGS picked exactly the same starting 11 that I did below, and exactly the same 7 substitutes as well...

DDG
Bailly-Smalling-Lindelof
Rashford-Lukaku

very

i would have put Dalot at RB to start

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

txj wrote:Once PSG got to terms with the English physicality, their football overcame. Always the extra man in CM, by switching to a 3-4-3, allowing Veratti to play United like a fiddle!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

man has not commented on the 2nd Leg

yeye

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:Imagine losing at home to a PSG side without Neymar and Cavani. :lol: :lol:
Imagine losing at home to United Academy players

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S