Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by YUJAM »

TXJ is usually a good judge of talent but he missed the mark badly on this one. Bailly was marking the likes of C Ron and Messi in La Liga and doing well. He had some shaky moments at Espanyol and early days at Villarreal. But he learned quickly

My only criticism of Bailly is he tends to showboat when his team is leading which results in mistakes at times. He clearly has the potential to follow in the footsteps of great African defenders such as the late Stephen Keshi, Nourredine Naybet, Roger Mendy and Lucas Radebe
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What a performance by our brother. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Seeing it in video again, and you realize Costa will cause the day Bailly stepped foot in Europe. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: '

[/video]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

So,L'Équipe is reporting tomorrow:
Serge Aurier has held talks with José Mourinho about a Manchester United move & has even agreed to it in principle.
Na wow o! Mourinho na so you love our brothers. Brother Eric and Brother mad man Serge! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:TXJ is usually a good judge of talent but he missed the mark badly on this one. Bailly was marking the likes of C Ron and Messi in La Liga and doing well. He had some shaky moments at Espanyol and early days at Villarreal. But he learned quickly

My only criticism of Bailly is he tends to showboat when his team is leading which results in mistakes at times. He clearly has the potential to follow in the footsteps of great African defenders such as the late Stephen Keshi, Nourredine Naybet, Roger Mendy and Lucas Radebe
Not sure you are well informed about my position on EB. Always said he was talented but not at the level that was been widely advertised, and I stand firmly by the point.

And BTW, long b/4 Bailly became "our brother", I was making a case for him over Sekou Bamba when that Franco-Tunisian was the CIV coach...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

His talent was quite apparent at Villarreal but I don't think anyone can dispute his position as an elite defender at this point
txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:TXJ is usually a good judge of talent but he missed the mark badly on this one. Bailly was marking the likes of C Ron and Messi in La Liga and doing well. He had some shaky moments at Espanyol and early days at Villarreal. But he learned quickly

Not sure you are well informed about my position on EB. Always said he was talented but not at the level that was been widely advertised, and I stand firmly by the point.

And BTW, long b/4 Bailly became "our brother", I was making a case for him over Sekou Bamba when that Franco-Tunisian was the CIV coach...
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:His talent was quite apparent at Villarreal but I don't think anyone can dispute his position as an elite defender at this point
txj wrote:

That is where I disagree. Yes he is talented, but he is not at this time an elite CD. Not even close....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

I hope those rumours of Keane's return to Man Utd are true. Would be brilliant to reunite 4 members of the 2011 youth team (Pogba, Lingard, Keane, Johnstone).
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:tomorrow we beat Chelsea and we move withing 3 points of 4th place.

I expect us to overcome the blues

You really think we can beat Chelsea with our goal scoring issues??
Yes.

The advantage Chelsea has over us tomorrow is 7 days of rest, where we have had 2

I expect us to dominate the 1H and they will own the 2H
I was wrong

we dominated BOTH halves

tee hee

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Is the relationship between Mourinho and Anthony Martial something to worry about ?

I was dreaming about a front 3 of Rashford, Lingard, Martial terrorising defences with Mkhitaryan/Mata feeding them through balls constantly, i was imagining that is our future.

We can even add Mbappe into the mix
I thought that's the vision LVG had for us, what else can go wrong, i will be sad if Martial leaves, he is a very good player
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They should not let a player who they signed for 60 million only 18 months ago (AKA Martial) leave. At the time he was signed Martial was described as the best in the world for his age. I still think he is a great prospect and can go on to become a world class attacker. Not sure why Mourinho is bullying him and Shaw.

A future Man Utd team might be:

*some to replace DDG when he joins Madrid
Tony V-Bailly-Mark Red-Shaw
Andrew Smith-Rabiot-Pogba
Mkhitaryan-Rashford-Martial

Subs: Johnstone, Tuanzebe, Blind, Mendy, TFM, Pereira, Mbappe
benteke wrote:Is the relationship between Mourinho and Anthony Martial something to worry about ?

I was dreaming about a front 3 of Rashford, Lingard, Martial terrorising defences with Mkhitaryan/Mata feeding them through balls constantly, i was imagining that is our future.

I thought that's the vision LVG had for us, what else can go wrong, i will be sad if Martial leaves, he is a very good player
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ruptured knee ligaments for ibra, out till January next year

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchest ... ry-sources
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:Is the relationship between Mourinho and Anthony Martial something to worry about ?

Yes.

I have followed Mourinho's career since he left Benfica, and Martial is in trouble. I saw him come in yesterday and he was walking about, shaking yansh on the pitch while others were running. He is in trouble. For his own sake, and for the sake of United fans (because Martial is very talented), i hope he gets his life in order. If he doesnt, he is finished at United. I can guarantee you that. I have seen this before and Mourinho will completely remove him from his mind.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:They should not let a player who they signed for 60 million only 18 months ago (AKA Martial) leave. At the time he was signed Martial was described as the best in the world for his age. I still think he is a great prospect and can go on to become a world class attacker. Not sure why Mourinho is bullying him and Shaw.

A future Man Utd team might be:

*some to replace DDG when he joins Madrid
Tony V-Bailly-Mark Red-Shaw
Andrew Smith-Rabiot-Pogba
Mkhitaryan-Rashford-Martial

Subs: Johnstone, Tuanzebe, Blind, Mendy, TFM, Pereira, Mbappe

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I know you are ignorant, but you cant be stupid.

You want players to be handed starting positions because your buttocks hole gets wet when you see them! :roll: :roll: please, grow the fook up! if a player wants to starting shirt, he fights for it. Rashford was bullied by mourinho and look at him now.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

platinum wrote:ruptured knee ligaments for ibra, out till January next year

very unfortunate.
Maybe that means his time at United is also over.

He had a huge impact and won United a cup. Great player
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
platinum wrote:ruptured knee ligaments for ibra, out till January next year

very unfortunate.
Maybe that means his time at United is also over.

He had a huge impact and won United a cup. Great player

I doubt it. They wont leave him hanging now. Especially since he is Mourinho's friend. They'll give him an extra year contract just to show him support, and sign another striker. Although to be fair, signing another striker was always on the cards.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rojo and Zlatan both out with cruciate ligament tears...End of Ibra's career? Possibly.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

game against small team. But Our brother was on fire today. The commentator remarked:

Immaculate is the word, he has been very very impressive today.

Note Burnley did NOT have a shot on target! De Gea did not make ONE save today.

Our brother, Eric. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mourinho:
"Fourth position is not a trophy and in this club we want trophies."

Others say it is. :biggrin:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

4th place is better (financially and from a marketing standpoint) than beer cup. No?
Bepanda
danfo driver wrote:Mourinho:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bepanda wrote:4th place is better (financially and from a marketing standpoint) than beer cup. No?
Bepanda
danfo driver wrote:Mourinho:

I think he is more concerned with the Europa League:

1. Trophy
2. CL Qualification
3. Super Cup Qualification

More so, why settle for 4th, when 3rd is open? :???:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

United says, they will help Zlatan recover from Injury... until his contract runs out in a couple of months (end of June?). Then they will let him walk and he will need to figure out, where/how to get the remaining treatment. They have pulled the 1 year offer off the table.

Bepanda
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Man united fans, realistically, how many new players do you think we need to fight for the premiership? Who do we need to sell? Rooney is definitely going
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eric Bailly outstanding again. Is there a Premier League defender anywhere who's superior to @ericbailly24 in one-on-one duels?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: