Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You have no idea! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

By the way, you remember this posture? Yup! Put it in your mouth and suck it hard! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan wrote:See pain!

Nna, shake it for your general! Work it :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
See how you look round for your General! Jiggle am! Useless twerking ape. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

What coach can replace Mourinho? What are the alternatives to him
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:What coach can replace Mourinho? What are the alternatives to him
Carlos A the former Milan,PSG,Real and Bayern boss is there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Frank de Boer , former coach of Crystal Palace , wanted to respond to José Mourinho for criticism on Monday. The Dutch, described by the Portuguese as the worst coach in the history of the Premier, took advantage of the elimination of United Champions League at the hands of Sevilla to answer the Portuguese.

" Mourinho could say that I am the worst coach in the history of the Premier League, but tonight he is a coach who has spent many millions in his career and his teams play like that," he said, referring to the poor game played by United despite the quality of their players.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/in ... inado.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:Frank de Boer , former coach of Crystal Palace , wanted to respond to José Mourinho for criticism on Monday. The Dutch, described by the Portuguese as the worst coach in the history of the Premier, took advantage of the elimination of United Champions League at the hands of Sevilla to answer the Portuguese.

" Mourinho could say that I am the worst coach in the history of the Premier League, but tonight he is a coach who has spent many millions in his career and his teams play like that," he said, referring to the poor game played by United despite the quality of their players.

False quote. He never said that, they took that from a parody website.
Last edited by platinum on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
txj wrote:Frank de Boer , former coach of Crystal Palace , wanted to respond to José Mourinho for criticism on Monday. The Dutch, described by the Portuguese as the worst coach in the history of the Premier, took advantage of the elimination of United Champions League at the hands of Sevilla to answer the Portuguese.

False quote. He never said that, they're took that from a parody website.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Aniks o

wetin be dis???

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tfco wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
Aniks o

wetin be dis???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Steve Nzonzi - "we thought they were going to press a bit more. We didn't know we will have the ball the way we did cos we thought they were a big club".
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:The english press are out to get Mourinho, I just hope he suceeds so they can get a bit humble
Do you still blame them for trying to get a big loud mouth football coward after spending crazy money?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Have to blame Mourinho for this result. His defensive tactics in BOTH legs cost Man Utd dear. What on earth was he doing telling his players to sit back and let Sevilla have the ball (respecting them as if they were Barcelona or mid-1990s AC Milan).

I was worried right after that 0-0 in the first leg and repeatedly said here that it was not a good result. Man Utd have a long history of getting knocked out of the CL after drawing the first leg 0-0 away (Monaco, Real Madrid, Porto....). De ja vu..
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wiseone wrote:Have to blame Mourinho for this result. His defensive tactics in BOTH legs cost Man Utd dear. What on earth was he doing telling his players to sit back and let Sevilla have the ball (respecting them as if they were Barcelona or mid-1990s AC Milan).

I was worried right after that 0-0 in the first leg and repeatedly said here that it was not a good result. Man Utd have a long history of getting knocked out of the CL after drawing the first leg 0-0 away (Monaco, Real Madrid, Porto....). De ja vu..

Mourinho would instruct his players to sit back if he faced Plateau United.

#shyteonastick
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:JM is turning OT into a fortress, just as he did at Stamford Bridge
Impregnable fortress indeed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:JM is turning OT into a fortress, just as he did at Stamford Bridge
Impregnable fortress indeed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
he meant pregnant virgins....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We need to add Mourinho to our transfer list as well
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Have to blame Mourinho for this result. His defensive tactics in BOTH legs cost Man Utd dear. What on earth was he doing telling his players to sit back and let Sevilla have the ball (respecting them as if they were Barcelona or mid-1990s AC Milan).

We are together on this one, I have also been worried for a long time about the way United has been playing in general, i even thought we will be lucky to finish top 4.
United hasn't been playing well since December.
This summer is crucial i think.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Our tactics, formation is down to the coach, with the talented squad we have, we should not be struggling in Europe but we are due to Mourinho philosophy, he was brought to win trophies, especially the big ones, premiership, Champions league, as much as i want him to leave, we dont need to be rash, next season is his make or break season, anything like this season, he will go

Marko
civory
Egg
Egg
How Manchester United Crashed out of Champions League

Post by civory »

Manchester United have crashed out of the Champions League after a 2-1 defeat to Sevilla in their last-16 second leg at Old Trafford.

Second-half substitute Wissam Ben Yedder scored two time within 4 minutes to send Sevilla into the quarter-finals of the competition for the first time.

With only 6 minutes remaining, Romelu Lukaku managed to pull one back for the Red Devils.

The Red Devils managed only 4 shots on target across both legs, with Sevilla goalkeeper Sergio Rico producing athletic saves from Marouane Fellaini & Jesse Lingard either side of the break on the rare occasions that he was tested.

MAN UNITED: (4-2-3-1): De Gea; Valencia (Mata, 77′), Bailly, Smalling, Young; Matic, Fellaini (Pogba, 60); Alexis, Lingard (Martial, 77′), Rashford, Lukaku

SEVILLA: (4-2-3-1): Rico; Mercado, Kjaer, Lenglet, Escudero; N’Zonzi, Banega, Sarabia, Vazquez (Pizarro, 88′), Correa (Geis, 89′); Muriel (Ben Yedder, 72′)

SOURCE: <a href=" https://goalball.com.ng/how-m ... llow"></a>
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Our tactics, formation is down to the coach, with the talented squad we have, we should not be struggling in Europe but we are due to Mourinho philosophy, he was brought to win trophies, especially the big ones, premiership, Champions league, as much as i want him to leave, we dont need to be rash, next season is his make or break season, anything like this season, he will go
The fact that United got into CL through the back door of Europa final might suggest that the team is actually as good as far as it got right now, maybe further embarrassment was waiting if we happened to be drawn against any big gun in the next round.

All round improvement is needed right from the player quality to the manager's tactics and attitude.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The club opted for Mourinho, we just have to live with his antics. That man is undeniably machiavellian. Left to me I would have attacked the hell out of Sevilla and ride my luck in the round of 8 but Mourinho sees it differently - he knows a small but efficient team can get lucky and win it all but a big team like Man United can't fool anyone at this stage. His comments in the build up to the Sevilla match should be carefully observed. That man is going for just one trophy and a 2nd place EPL finish this season then build up for a final onslaught next season.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

His actual response.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I know the SAF days are over and we should not keep using them as a reference point, but it is shameful for Manchester United to go away to Sevilla, fail and refuse to create any chances, and draw 0-0 only because of the superhuman, Spiderman like reflexes of their GK. Then in the return leg, impose the same defensive tactics AT HOME and try to play defensively in a game you have to win and cannot draw.

Mourinho's defensive counter-attacking tactics are so dependent on the team scoring first. If the opposition scores first, the plan falls apart.

At no point did Man Utd look like winning the game yesterday.

benteke wrote: The fact that United got into CL through the back door of Europa final might suggest that the team is actually as good as far as it got right now, maybe further embarrassment was waiting if we happened to be drawn against any big gun in the next round.

All round improvement is needed right from the player quality to the manager's tactics and attitude.