Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by kajifu »

Hmm. Manu fans,will your team allow Wenger and beloved to win his last game at your ground to send him off on a high?
Please we are begging for a victory this will not change your season as you guys will still finish second.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kajifu wrote:Hmm. Manu fans,will your team allow Wenger and beloved to win his last game at your ground to send him off on a high?
Please we are begging for a victory this will not change your season as you guys will still finish second.
no

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
kajifu wrote:Hmm. Manu fans,will your team allow Wenger and beloved to win his last game at your ground to send him off on a high?
no
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

smacked Arsenal at OT. Merci Arsene
After 35 games
2017/18: 77 points (2nd)

2016/17: 65 points (6th). 69 points end of season

2015/16: 60 points (5th). 66 points end of season

2014/15: 65 points (4th). 70 points end of season

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I am seeing stories about Martial wanting to leave United. Hopefully its false rumours
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Utd did their transfer business early: got Fred (midfield) and Dalot (RB). Those are two areas of the team that needed urgent reinforcing.

"Martial" wants to leave rumours have been weekly stuff since Jose joined the club.
benteke wrote:I am seeing stories about Martial wanting to leave United. Hopefully its false rumours
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Is this our strategy to match Arsenal's 500+ pages per season threads? E go take us like 10 years o unless we adopt Spurs fans' lame strategy of doing match thread inside their season thread :rotf: :lol: :lol:
Abeg, open a new season thread so that searching through posts is easier
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

NO! Benteke and I discussed this a while ago. It makes sense to have everything in one thread rather than starting random new threads all over the place that are hard to search (also avoids multiple threads on the same topic). I love the fact that I can find all discussions about Man Utd over the past 3 seasons in one thread.
YemiBrazil wrote:Is this our strategy to match Arsenal's 500+ pages per season threads? E go take us like 10 years o unless we adopt Spurs fans' lame strategy of doing match thread inside their season thread :rotf: :lol: :lol:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:NO! Benteke and I discussed this a while ago. It makes sense to have everything in one thread rather than starting random new threads all over the place that are hard to search (also avoids multiple threads on the same topic). I love the fact that I can find all discussions about Man Utd over the past 3 seasons in one thread.
YemiBrazil wrote:Is this our strategy to match Arsenal's 500+ pages per season threads? E go take us like 10 years o unless we adopt Spurs fans' lame strategy of doing match thread inside their season thread :rotf: :lol: :lol:
Ok that's fine :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thanks for your understanding and civility Sir. Appreciated around here.
YemiBrazil wrote:Ok that's fine :thumb:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Daley Blind has gone back to Ajax for 14 million (1 million less than Man Utd bought him for). Shame as I think he is a quality player. He is a better LB than Darmian, Young, and Rojo. Also probably the best passer at the club now that Carrick has retired.

Could have done a lot more with a manager who knew how to use him properly. Sadly with his average, height, and speed, he was not going to last long under Jose. If he was 4 inches taller, Jose would not have sold him.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Daley Blind has gone back to Ajax for 14 million (1 million less than Man Utd bought him for). Shame as I think he is a quality player. He is a better LB than Darmian, Young, and Rojo. Also probably the best passer at the club now that Carrick has retired.

Could have done a lot more with a manager who knew how to use him properly. Sadly with his average, height, and speed, he was not going to last long under Jose. If he was 4 inches taller, Jose would not have sold him.
no.
he hoofs the ball upfield

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf: ...with greater accuracy than most of his teammates...
tfco wrote:
no.
he hoofs the ball upfield

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My manu people,is it true you guys want to sell that small French boy Anthony Martial or weti be him name again?
Hmm can you guys help us as we did also with Sanchez?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

TFCO, Danny Blind's son does not do aimless hoofs as often as Mark Red (I would have rather sold him than Blind). Will be hard to watch Man U this season if Mark Red is in the starting 11 (after what he did to Nigeria at the WC).
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:

more of these please JM

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

How did Darmian do for United ? Not sure why Juventus is after him but seems PSG are coming hard after Alex Sandro.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Darmian...another bang average player Utd should have got rid of before Blind.
juventuss wrote:How did Darmian do for United ? Not sure why Juventus is after him but seems PSG are coming hard after Alex Sandro.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Trouble in the house ?
There is talk about Mourinho being at odds with Wooddward
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Indeed Yemi, one day when the new season was about to start i suggested that someone else open a new thread for the new season and i was kindly overruled so i edited the title accordingly
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
Indeed Yemi, one day when the new season was about to start i suggested that someone else open a new thread for the new season and i was kindly overruled so i edited the title accordingly
:clap:
we like it like this
we are not the lily livered, we don't hide in a season long game thread
we're not Arse, we don't need to open thread when a player sneezes

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Heard there is trouble brewing at old trafford, Mourinho is up to his old tricks again and trying to blackmail the world cup players to come back for pre-season, the PFA recommends at least a 4 weeks break for players who were at the world cup, they are completely burnt out, now i hear the likes of rashford and lingard are joining up with the team as they are in miami for vacation, just so happy Paul Pogba won the world cup with France, he should stick the middle finger at Mourinho if he repeats any of that nonsense from last season, i even hear the players are getting fed up with him, the club hierarchy dont want to release funds for anymore transfers, lets see how this plays out, maybe its time to het a top quality attack minded manager, we are sick of football cowards
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:Heard there is trouble brewing at old trafford, Mourinho is up to his old tricks again and trying to blackmail the world cup players to come back for pre-season, the PFA recommends at least a 4 weeks break for players who were at the world cup, they are completely burnt out, now i hear the likes of rashford and lingard are joining up with the team as they are in miami for vacation, just so happy Paul Pogba won the world cup with France, he should stick the middle finger at Mourinho if he repeats any of that nonsense from last season, i even hear the players are getting fed up with him, the club hierarchy dont want to release funds for anymore transfers, lets see how this plays out, maybe its time to het a top quality attack minded manager, we are sick of football cowards
His time is up.....he knows the ship has sailed and left him behind..all he is doing is looking for means to get the sack
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho