Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by fabio »

tfco wrote:
did you see the injury list under LVG?

Did you see the mass clear out that LVG orchestrated to suddenly make the team start playing with academy players?
I don't support Man U. I am only alluding to the double standards. From all indication LVG didn't throw his players under the bus, while Jose is doing it.

Reports indicate players have been playing with injury and pain killers, yet Jose blames them for the loss. The players are damned if they play and damned if they don't.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cue the clichéd "losing the dressing room". For a manager who claimed to be in tandem with the United way, there are eerie similarities to his tenures at Chelsea and Real. Surely, as adept a handler of the media as he is, Jose can see a setup? Must he be so garrulous before the same audience baying for his blood. And as Tf rightly said, where's the skipper to sweeten chins and knock heads? Pathetic.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...and the anual Man Utd defensive injury crisis strikes again. Mike Smalling out for a month with a broken toe. That's an entire first choice back 4 injured (again!) with Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, and Shaw injured.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wiseone wrote:...and the anual Man Utd defensive injury crisis strikes again. Mike Smalling out for a month with a broken toe. That's an entire first choice back 4 injured (again!) with Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, and Shaw injured.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ng-fitness
Chris Smalling’s fitness is the subject of confusion after claims the defender has a broken toe that rules him out for at least a month were denied by Manchester United.

Along with Luke Shaw, Smalling made himself unavailable for last Sunday’s 3-1 victory at Swansea City, leading to José Mourinho criticising the 26-year-old before and after the game. “Smalling doesn’t feel that he can play 100% with his pain, Luke Shaw told me this morning that he was not in the condition to play, so we had to build a defensive line,” the manager said. “In every sport – and I know because I have friends and they play at the highest level in other sports – how many times you play and you are not 100%. To compete you have to go to the limits. It’s a cultural thing for some and that’s not my culture.”

Claims have since emerged that Smalling has broken a toe in two places, with reports and sources close to the player stating that this is indeed the case. However, when this was put to United a partial denial was given, leaving the precise situation regarding Smalling unclear.

If he is ruled out for at least a month, Smalling faces a fight to play again before Christmas. Eric Bailly, his regular central defensive partner, is also recovering from a long-term knee injury so Phil Jones may be given the chance to re-establish himself.

The 24-year-old’s start at Swansea was his first appearance since 2 January, due to successive injuries.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Where is tfco? If it is to come laugh in Spurs thread after a loss, he is there.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

away loss vs home loss

Enjoy your anomaly in the CL.
At least we lost in the CL. You lost in the bloody Europa!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How much did y'all spend again on dabmaster? Even getting ze Special one .. chei!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

come join us on the Thursday party

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

The State of our Football Club

I am afraid my fears have been realized. I said all along that it was too soon (Premature ejaculation for real) to get rid of LVG and replace him with immature Mourinho. All the work done over the past two years is down the drain and Mourinho does not want to continue with the rebuilding process. His public criticism of players and sidelining good young players who desperately need game time will come to haunt us. Why on earth would we have Ibrahimovic playing 90 minutes most of the games when we have young players who desperately need game time and confidence boosters.

Our young players were playing decent and ended up position four, which is becoming more and more like a pipe dream, and now they are sidelined in preference for geriatrics that we can not build a future around. He is doing to us what he did to Chelsea, (chasing away all the good young players, Du Bryune, Salah, Schurrle, etc) and relying to the old guard, who when exposed could not even get into top 6, and he had no backup plan. Why not play a core of Lingard, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, and yes, Depay more regularly? There is no doubt about the quality of these players, they need game time. Football has changed these days, teams rely more on pace to unlock defenses, and we are terribly lacking on that front.

The sad thing is he now says he needs time. If his main aim is to build a team for the future, since winning now is far fetched, why then is he not playing all the decent young players and building a team for the future around them? LVG, even will all the injuries in defense did not concede such easy and this many goals. Well, this is just me sharing my frustrations and there is nothing a supporter can do........but keep supporting :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I'm a bit ignorant in ManU matters, but can someone explain why Martial has been struggling to get regular playing time?
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

@ Green4Life, apparently his head no dey house, since his girlfriend went back to France. So, the coach feels he is not pulling his weight and his social issues are weighing him down. My advice, play him more so he has something to focus on
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

green4life wrote:I'm a bit ignorant in ManU matters, but can someone explain why Martial has been struggling to get regular playing time?
... The coach took his jersey number and gave it to a new arrival.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

fabio wrote:
green4life wrote:I'm a bit ignorant in ManU matters, but can someone explain why Martial has been struggling to get regular playing time?

Sometimes I don't know what motivates the decisions that Jose makes. A proven winner, we call him, to excuse some of those decisions. But why would a shirt number help Zlatan, at 35, to be good but the coach didn't think of the effect that could have on a 19 yr old?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

fabio wrote:
Has nothing to do with shirt number...if you are playingbat this level and a shirt number turns you into a wastepipe ,then you have no business being there. Did they take his doodoo in the french national team?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

oloye wrote: Has nothing to do with shirt number...if you are playingbat this level and a shirt number turns you into a wastepipe ,then you have no business being there. Did they take his doodoo in the french national team?
Question is: Martial excellent under LVG. Martial struggling under Jose? Why?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

fabio wrote:
oloye wrote: Has nothing to do with shirt number...if you are playingbat this level and a shirt number turns you into a wastepipe ,then you have no business being there. Did they take his doodoo in the french national team?
And why are Lingard, Rashford, Herrera heck even Fellaini has found new lease of life. The so called Jose hated Mata and his coming will kill Mata has turned into a farce as Mata has taken his game to a new level.

Yes hw thrived under LVG ,it was his first season and he walked into the team without hassles. He lost form during euro, that was way before Jose came in, whatever was responsible has nothing to do with jersey number only those searching for virgin in a maternity ward would run with that story while completely ignoring the real issue that can destabilise a man...woman wahala. The wahala that has seen the end of great men and brought empires down. His head wass done by omoge leaving him high and dry in a number 9 position. Strange what number can do to a man when taken away by a woman.

They have been taken awy shirts from players before Martial was born...he is just a french sissy!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

oloye wrote:
fabio wrote:
And why are Lingard, Rashford, Herrera heck even Fellaini has found new lease of life. The so called Jose hated Mata and his coming will kill Mata has turned into a farce as Mata has taken his game to a new level.

Yes hw thrived under LVG ,it was his first season and he walked into the team without hassles. He lost form during euro, that was way before Jose came in, whatever was responsible has nothing to do with jersey number only those searching for virgin in a maternity ward would run with that story while completely ignoring the real issue that can destabilise a man...woman wahala. The wahala that has seen the end of great men and brought empires down. His head wass done by omoge leaving him high and dry in a number 9 position. Strange what number can do to a man when taken away by a woman.

They have been taken awy shirts from players before Martial was born...he is just a french sissy!
Haba! Oloye Egbon mi........
Is this not too harsh? The guy we are talking about here is 19yrs old oh!
As far as the issues of life go, he is a young'un. He is not even old enough
to buy alcohol in some US States. And then the insensitive Mourinho took
his shirt and gave it to Ibra who should have been the bigger man and
refused it seeing where it came from and at what cost.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ebyboy wrote:
oloye wrote:
fabio wrote:

Haba! Oloye Egbon mi........
Is this not too harsh? The guy we are talking about here is 19yrs old oh!
As far as the issues of life go, he is a young'un. He is not even old enough
to buy alcohol in some US States. And then the insensitive Mourinho took
his shirt and gave it to Ibra who should have been the bigger man and
refused it seeing where it came from and at what cost.
In this game and at this level the earlier they grow up the better. 19 and already has a baby and gotten his head into a man's world? Truth this game is brutal....very very brutal. Sulking around wont help him.....i have seen many players go down the drain while sulkingbaround and using the age thingy. The only thing that should be in the head of 19yr old fortunate to be paid to play football os playing some more crazy football...not moping around in self pity.

Same was said of Balotelli, he was only 19 aghh he will change when he grows up...

Man mi i can be harsh and i can be gentle, they paid good money for the french sissy he better man up and start playing football. Gosh just look at my boys Rashford and Lingard...now those are the kind of kid dynamites i want in my trenches when i go into battle not some Marseille pansy..i thought they said the boys from that region were tough? :mad:

So they took jersey from you and you are going to sulk for a whole season while collecting full salary....why not start the protest by refusing to be paid?

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
fabio wrote:

Thank you Oloye, i don't think it's about that shirt, it's the woman.

But I think his general attitude means he is not a Manchester United player, is think i will make a u-turn and take back my criticism of Rooney, he has great attitude and mentality, just that age is no longer on his side.

I think this club needs a director of football who will buy the right players that fit the club profile, Ferguson should be part of that team.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mastermind 17 wrote:The State of our Football Club

I am afraid my fears have been realized. I said all along that it was too soon (Premature ejaculation for real) to get rid of LVG and replace him with immature Mourinho. All the work done over the past two years is down the drain and Mourinho does not want to continue with the rebuilding process. His public criticism of players and sidelining good young players who desperately need game time will come to haunt us. Why on earth would we have Ibrahimovic playing 90 minutes most of the games when we have young players who desperately need game time and confidence boosters.

Our young players were playing decent and ended up position four, which is becoming more and more like a pipe dream, and now they are sidelined in preference for geriatrics that we can not build a future around. He is doing to us what he did to Chelsea, (chasing away all the good young players, Du Bryune, Salah, Schurrle, etc) and relying to the old guard, who when exposed could not even get into top 6, and he had no backup plan. Why not play a core of Lingard, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, and yes, Depay more regularly? There is no doubt about the quality of these players, they need game time. Football has changed these days, teams rely more on pace to unlock defenses, and we are terribly lacking on that front.

The sad thing is he now says he needs time. If his main aim is to build a team for the future, since winning now is far fetched, why then is he not playing all the decent young players and building a team for the future around them? LVG, even will all the injuries in defense did not concede such easy and this many goals. Well, this is just me sharing my frustrations and there is nothing a supporter can do........but keep supporting :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

LVG was not as crazy as people thought, he realised that this team was missing chances when he attempted to play an open expansive game, and worse it was conceding easily and very shaky at the back, so after that Leicester 5-3 defeat after playing wonderful football, he changed the style to what the media called boring.
He just wanted the team to learn to defend consistent and solidly first then work on finishing goals.
Remember amidst all those injuries last season, United ended up with exactly the same points as City, only missed 4th on goal difference.

I don't know how Mourinho will solve this issue of conceding easy goals in the 1st 5 minutes and missing chances, but points keep disappearing and next game is Everton then Spurs.
Man U are already at the stage of "must win next 5 games"
Last edited by benteke on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Where is tfco? If it is to come laugh in Spurs thread after a loss, he is there.

away loss vs home loss

At least we lost in the CL. You lost in the bloody Europa!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How much did y'all spend again on dabmaster? Even getting ze Special one .. chei!!

Ahahahahhhhahahqhq :bump:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See as my guy talk too soon. Welcome to Thursday football if you are lucky, assuming CSK no do Spurs bad thing.
anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
tfco wrote:

away loss vs home loss

Ahahahahhhhahahqhq :bump:
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Meanwhile..... back in manchester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38129085

Jose Mourinho: Manchester United manager charged with improper conduct by FA

How ridiculous are these FA people please? Just for kicking a bottle, abi the bottle report am to FA?

they should have better things to do than this, things like devising a plan to build the english youth game etc.

Ah well, as much as i do not like Mour, i feel sorry for him and think they are just after him.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

peron33uk wrote:Meanwhile..... back in manchester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38129085

Jose Mourinho: Manchester United manager charged with improper conduct by FA

How ridiculous are these FA people please? Just for kicking a bottle, abi the bottle report am to FA?

they should have better things to do than this, things like devising a plan to build the english youth game etc.

Ah well, as much as i do not like Mour, i feel sorry for him and think they are just after him.
After him?Oh please let us hear word.He kick the bottle towards people watching the game and in reaction of a call not call.
He should be ban for 6 games and Manu will learn not to hire a con man like him.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
mastermind 17 wrote:The State of our Football Club

LVG was not as crazy as people thought, he realised that this team was missing chances when he attempted to play an open expansive game, and worse it was conceding easily and very shaky at the back, so after that Leicester 5-3 defeat after playing wonderful football, he changed the style to what the media called boring.
He just wanted the team to learn to defend consistent and solidly first then work on finishing goals.
Remember amidst all those injuries last season, United ended up with exactly the same points as City, only missed 4th on goal difference.

I don't know how Mourinho will solve this issue of conceding easy goals in the 1st 5 minutes and missing chances, but points keep disappearing and next game is Everton then Spurs.
Man U are already at the stage of "must win next 5 games"
LVG was a perfect guy and left with an FA cup,now you guys have loud mouth Jose,I will be surprise if you pick more than 1 point in your next 2 games.
Manu is better off firing this guy before you all miss even Europa .Everton away in no joke and as bad as Everton are now will not drop all 3 points at home.They will want to used Manu as a spring board to bounce back.Spurs will have advantage after Manu play Europa before the game.So they will be more fresh and are a better team than Manu.
Top 4 is out of Manu reach as thing stand unless you start wihn your next 5 games which I doubt.Hope is go for Europa trophy to stand a chance to be in CL next season