Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:In cup competitions this season Man Utd have been drawn against Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Arsenal (away), Chelsea (away), and Wolves (away). If they somehow get past Barca they will face Liverpool in the semi-finals of the CL, and if they get past Wolves, will probably face City in the semis of the FA Cup. Who next? The Harlem Globetrotters?!

Once again, the FA, UEFA, and FIFA collude in their criminal conspiracy to to ensure Man Utd face weak opposition in cup competitions...

wiseone wrote:Anybody but Man City in the next round of the CL please (even if it means being put to the slaughter by Barca or Liverpool). If Man Utd get past Wolves in the FA Cup this weekend, please no City in the FA Cup either. Otherwise the following would happen:

1) 3 Manchester derbies in only 14 days.

2) 5 Manchester derbies in one season.

Too much wahala.
Whatttttt? Weak opposition
Sarcasm.
People always say United gets the easy way out in cups.

But those are some tough draws.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:In cup competitions this season Man Utd have been drawn against Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Arsenal (away), Chelsea (away), and Wolves (away). If they somehow get past Barca they will face Liverpool in the semi-finals of the CL, and if they get past Wolves, will probably face City in the semis of the FA Cup. Who next? The Harlem Globetrotters?!

Once again, the FA, UEFA, and FIFA collude in their criminal conspiracy to to ensure Man Utd face weak opposition in cup competitions...

wiseone wrote:Anybody but Man City in the next round of the CL please (even if it means being put to the slaughter by Barca or Liverpool). If Man Utd get past Wolves in the FA Cup this weekend, please no City in the FA Cup either. Otherwise the following would happen:

1) 3 Manchester derbies in only 14 days.

2) 5 Manchester derbies in one season.

Too much wahala.
Whatttttt? Weak opposition
Sarcasm.
People always say United gets the easy way out in cups.

But those are some tough draws.
Fair enough
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:?

if i speak, i'm in big trouble

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::?

if i speak, i'm in big trouble
na so we see am o :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

if i speak...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Did you lads see how Swansea looked like Barcelona for a minute when they passed it around from the back in the build up to their second goal against City

It is criminal that Swansea can be able to do that with their much less expensive players and yet United struggles all the time to do the same :biggrin:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Need ‘Arry Maguire.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:Did you lads see how Swansea looked like Barcelona for a minute when they passed it around from the back in the build up to their second goal against City

It is criminal that Swansea can be able to do that with their much less expensive players and yet United struggles all the time to do the same :biggrin:
Spurs might surprise and knock city out in CL
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:Need ‘Arry Maguire.
Maybe.
Maybe not.
Swansea is 16th in the championship and i don't think has a McGuire, but what it has is it has had that culture of patiently passing from the back since the time Martinez instilled it into the club.

I was arguing that when LVG was around, United was starting to make progress in that area, even the likes of Smalling and Jones were gaining confidence exchanging short passes in their own box, although sometimes they used to almost give the Old Trafford faithful an heart attack :rotf:
But that culture was slowly gaining momentum, LVG was even identifying kids like Blackett who were more comfortable doing such things all day, and brought in the likes of Daley Blind and Rojo and initially Valdez especially for that kind of play, not their ball clearing to row z qualities. Given more time i think that gaffer was going to leave United with such a healthy culture that the next manager could have built upon, but the board chose Mourinho, who reversed most of that as Marko said.
Maybe we can give Ole time and he will work on that, he and his team seem to have a plan from what i hear him saying
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Has anyone spotted Marko since Wolves slapped United about? :lol: :lol: the guy don run :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
Maybe.
Maybe not.
Swansea is 16th in the championship and i don't think has a McGuire, but what it has is it has had that culture of patiently passing from the back since the time Martinez instilled it into the club.

I was arguing that when LVG was around, United was starting to make progress in that area, even the likes of Smalling and Jones were gaining confidence exchanging short passes in their own box, although sometimes they used to almost give the Old Trafford faithful an heart attack :rotf:
But that culture was slowly gaining momentum, LVG was even identifying kids like Blackett who were more comfortable doing such things all day, and brought in the likes of Daley Blind and Rojo and initially Valdez especially for that kind of play, not their ball clearing to row z qualities. Given more time i think that gaffer was going to leave United with such a healthy culture that the next manager could have built upon, but the board chose Mourinho, who reversed most of that as Marko said.
Maybe we can give Ole time and he will work on that, he and his team seem to have a plan from what i hear him saying
yes, and that is where it ends. abeg

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
Maybe.
Maybe not.

yes, and that is where it ends. abeg

Those where the short term shortcomings of that philosophy.
But believe you me, the long term effects were bound to be amazing had that man seen through his plans and worked with a proper director of football who was going to bring in the right talent. The manager after that was going to find it easier to build upon that.
Also you ignored the good results against top 4 teams, don't forget the 4-2 vs City at OT, on it's day the philosophy could dominate big teams even with your Smalling and Jones dictating play :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:Has anyone spotted Marko since Wolves slapped United about? :lol: :lol: the guy don run :lol:

I am here, OGS has to learn to pick players on form and not names, after we beat PSG, that team should have started against Arsenal but Matic came in, not match fit, i only saw the 1st half against Wolves, OGS wants to pick names rather than form, those players that were out long term should have been gradually integrated into the team, OGS should stop trying to please everyone, thats not his job, his job is to pick a team to just do the business

Hopefully with this international break, it will give the players some much needed rest
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Has anyone spotted Marko since Wolves slapped United about? :lol: :lol: the guy don run :lol:
Dam you wicked even when people are in pains,you went to Arsenal thread expose lies,you be wicked correct man.
Do you know why the spanish guy reject Arsenal and choose Sevilla?
Last edited by kajifu on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The crippling injury crisis is starting to negatively affect the team. Due to injuries some players have been in the starting 11 and playing too many consecutive games (esp Rashford and the back 4). Then the flipside is that the players returning from injury look rusty (Lingard, Matic, Herrera, Martial). Rashford needs a rest.

Given their performance in Paris, McTominay and Fred may feel aggrieved at being left out of the starting 11.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:

I am here, OGS has to learn to pick players on form and not names, after we beat PSG, that team should have started against Arsenal but Matic came in, not match fit, i only saw the 1st half against Wolves, OGS wants to pick names rather than form, those players that were out long term should have been gradually integrated into the team, OGS should stop trying to please everyone, thats not his job, his job is to pick a team to just do the business

Hopefully with this international break, it will give the players some much needed rest
:clap:
Fred and Andreas should have started

it was good to see Lingard, Herrera and Martial starting, but they were not ready for prime time

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:The crippling injury crisis is starting to negatively affect the team. Due to injuries some players have been in the starting 11 and playing too many consecutive games (esp Rashford and the back 4). Then the flipside is that the players returning from injury look rusty (Lingard, Matic, Herrera, Martial). Rashford needs a rest.

Given their performance in Paris, McTominay and Fred may feel aggrieved at being left out of the starting 11.
Those guys have a week break so in 2 weeeks time they should be fresh to take points from city,barca after open nyash to wolves as their next game.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:

Eziokwu!! are you saying United did not play the "united way?" :atc:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
Dam you wicked even when people are in pains,you went to Arsenal thread expose lies,you be wicked correct man.
Do you know why the spanish guy reject Arsenal and choose Sevilla?
it is my calling :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

:clap:
Fred and Andreas should have started

it was good to see Lingard, Herrera and Martial starting, but they were not ready for prime time
Did you watch the PSG game? Wolves would have beaten you guys by 5 goals with mctominay and the horrid Pereirra starting the game. Pereira came in for Herrera in the second half, did you see or hear his name? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I dont know which kind of juju Pereirra has used against United fans, but damn! it is strong! :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

...if i hear that nonsense again

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

...if i hear that nonsense again
:rotf: