Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

This is a man united thread, not man city, seems their clear out is having the desired effect, they humiliated us remember!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:This is a man united thread, not man city, seems their clear out is having the desired effect, they humiliated us remember!
tfco is a Jose fan,so trying to tell him Jose is doing anything wrong is waste of time.City is now a better team way ahead of Manu,both coaches are day and night apart.I hate Pep not a fan but oh my god the guy is a dam good coach,12 points ahead of Rival Manu,before the season go half it will be like 16 points gap.
Hopefully city start drop points quick to keep the top 4 tied.We must team up and stop this Pep City.I hope Arsenal my beloved wake up to catch up with city.Even my beloved now is a better team than Manu,4 points ahead,hope we do the double over you guys.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:Hmm....11 months ago, Jose was even reluctant to loan out Tuanzebe because he said Man Utd "needs him" (a weird comment considering he was playing for the reserves and was behind Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, and Blind in the CD pecking order).
kajifu wrote: Axel Tuanzebe that Jose want the club sell before they loan him?I hope you listen to what boy said after his loan move?If Jose stay he will move to London,Spurs want him but John Terry is trying Chelsea to sign him.The boy want to move to London,i hope he consider Arsena where he will get playing time.I see another Pique situation here and Chelsea or spurs to get him.Spurs is offering Toby for Bailly and Axel Tuanzebe .Jose will accept such deal and the winner here is spurs.
Is like you are learning jose antics,did not he praise Bailey as the real deal one of the best CD when he sign him?today he is willing to give Axel and Bailey for toby to spurs.I hope he change his mind because that will only make spurs a more better team over beloved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Now Real madrid are planning a raid on united Rashford, they are prepared to offer 50M pounds, i fear if he leaves, he will reach his potential at a club like madrid, Imagine Rashford improving his all round game amongst real madrid superstars!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I worry more about the potential for Miracle Dave to leave...
marko wrote:Now Real madrid are planning a raid on united Rashford, they are prepared to offer 50M pounds, i fear if he leaves, he will reach his potential at a club like madrid, Imagine Rashford improving his all round game amongst real madrid superstars!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:I worry more about the potential for Miracle Dave to leave...
marko wrote:Now Real madrid are planning a raid on united Rashford, they are prepared to offer 50M pounds, i fear if he leaves, he will reach his potential at a club like madrid, Imagine Rashford improving his all round game amongst real madrid superstars!
Imagine another Ronaldo! one thing for sure, they will coach him well, something Mourinho does not do! he prefers already made players

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:This is a man united thread, not man city, seems their clear out is having the desired effect, they humiliated us remember!
lol what were the results last season?
remember the comeback at the etihad?

exactly

But their coach went and spent 60M on Mahrez, but wise Marko thinks United should not strengthen

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:I worry more about the potential for Miracle Dave to leave...
Imagine another Ronaldo! one thing for sure, they will coach him well, something Mourinho does not do! he prefers already made players
:lol: :lol:
you're right, compared to Klopp who has bought raw talent like Karius, VVD, Allison, Keita....

But wait o, wait o whatever happened to Solanke??
you know, U20 WC Winner and Golden Boot
I see that the progressive manager has given Solanke so many minutes, right

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

let's guess which man United 'fan' is gonna lap up this headline, well, because 'The Mirror wrote it and they are very credible with news'

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The talent is there, we can see the potential but not the finished article, think more England youngsters should be encouraged to play in Europe, with the right environment, the likes of Rashford will improve

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Lots of injury doubts/absences for the game v Palace:

Man Utd injury, suspension list | Team news vs Crystal Palace:

Anthony Martial Groin injury (doubt)
Marouane Fellaini Groin injury (doubt)
Paul Pogba Thigh injury (doubt)
Diogo Dalot Knock (doubt)
Marcus Rashford Knock (doubt)
Eric Bailly Knock (doubt)
Romelu Lukaku Hamstring (doubt)
Luke Shaw Suspended

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-utd-injur ... 00304.html
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:Lots of injury doubts/absences for the game v Palace:

Man Utd injury, suspension list | Team news vs Crystal Palace:

Anthony Martial Groin injury (doubt)
Marouane Fellaini Groin injury (doubt)
Paul Pogba Thigh injury (doubt)
Diogo Dalot Knock (doubt)
Marcus Rashford Knock (doubt)
Eric Bailly Knock (doubt)
Romelu Lukaku Hamstring (doubt)
Luke Shaw Suspended

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-utd-injur ... 00304.html
Welcome to Spurs since the beginning of the season :lol:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:The talent is there, we can see the potential but not the finished article, think more England youngsters should be encouraged to play in Europe, with the right environment, the likes of Rashford will improve
But what about Solanke??
you know, U20 WC Winner and Golden Boot

Don't you think he's at the right environment with a progressive manager that is (NOT) giving him any minutes :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How.Will.Solanke.Improve?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

much better youth stats than Rashford, but.....

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Madness is...

When you finish 2nd and the board does not back you to improve on that 2nd place finish
You Reap What You (Do Not) Sow

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The board backed him by:

1) Letting him sign two CDs for a combined total of 60 million even though the club already had 4 CDs on their books, and another young promising CD coming up through the youth team.

2) Breaking their policy of not buying players over 25 by allowing him to sign a 35 yo striker coming to the end of his career and making him the highest paid player at the club, then signing another player almost 30 yo and making him the highest paid player in Europe not called Ronaldo, Messi, or Neymar.

3) Paying 80 odd million for bulldozing striker with a first touch like Bill Cosby.

4) Paying 50 million for Fred.

tfco wrote:Madness is...

When you finish 2nd and the board does not back you to improve on that 2nd place finish
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:The board backed him by:

1) Letting him sign two CDs for a combined total of 60 million even though the club already had 4 CDs on their books, and another young promising CD coming up through the youth team.

2) Breaking their policy of not buying players over 25 by allowing him to sign a 35 yo striker coming to the end of his career and making him the highest paid player at the club, then signing another player almost 30 yo and making him the highest paid player in Europe not called Ronaldo, Messi, or Neymar.

3) Paying 80 odd million for bulldozing striker with a first touch like Bill Cosby.

4) Paying 50 million for Fred.

...and since he finished 2nd with what the Board backed him (in 2017), NOTHING

so yeah, we backed you in the past. Go and do better than your peers who are spending 60M on former EPL POTY even though the won the league by 19 points

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sometimes the answer lies within the club, and not in external record "statement signings" (Di Maria, Falcao, Mkhi etc).

Jose has bemoaned the fact that he does not have a ball playing defender who is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back. He created this problem by selling Daley Blind (one of the most technically gifted and intelligent defenders this side of Laporte) and instead keeping Matteo "Bang Average" Darmian and Mark "put it into Row Z" Red.

tfco wrote: ...and since he finished 2nd with what the Board backed him (in 2017), NOTHING

so yeah, we backed you in the past. Go and do better than your peers who are spending 60M on former EPL POTY even though the won the league by 19 points
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@tfco
How much did Arsenal and Spurs spend this year?How come Manu is far back spurs?
Do you think the team that finish second will finish inside top 4?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Excuses and more excuses, the fact is we are shite this season! Sometimes the answers lies within and not runnig to the transfer market at every opportunity, we have a talented squad but a very lazy manager, how much did Crystal palace spend again?

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Exactement mon ami. Palace's star player is a fast, skillful, strong talent (AKA all the attributes that Man Utd have been lacking) who formerly played for Man Utd, but was jettisoned and prematurely released in a fit of impatience because the club could not be bothered to nurture him into the talent he is today. Instead they wanted "ready made" players like Di Maria, Sanchez, Martial, and Depay...

We have seen this movie before at Man Utd (under-utilising talented players then frustrating them into moving to other clubs where they excel) with Pogba, Pique, Rossi, Drinkwater, Simpson, Heaton, Shawcross etc. Now we are threatening to repeat the movie with Pereira, Tuanzebe, and Fosu-Mensah.
marko wrote:Excuses and more excuses, the fact is we are shite this season! Sometimes the answers lies within and not runnig to the transfer market at every opportunity, we have a talented squad but a very lazy manager, how much did Crystal palace spend again?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Sometimes the answer lies within the club, and not in external record "statement signings" (Di Maria, Falcao, Mkhi etc).

Jose has bemoaned the fact that he does not have a ball playing defender who is comfortable bringing the ball out from the back. He created this problem by selling Daley Blind (one of the most technically gifted and intelligent defenders this side of Laporte) and instead keeping Matteo "Bang Average" Darmian and Mark "put it into Row Z" Red.

tfco wrote: ...and since he finished 2nd with what the Board backed him (in 2017), NOTHING

hahaha so funny

man who used to balloon the ball Smalling-style

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S