Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by marko »

All top players have off days, Bailly included, he will recover
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think the defeat by Gabon, messed him up. He played badly vs Stoke...he kept on covering Matic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

On another note I am very surprised that Man Utd siddon look while Spurs signed Aurier. The RB position is an area that Man Utd have had problems with for years due to injury prone RBs (the Twins, Tony V). Right now Tony has no rival or back up at RB. Aurier would have been a good alternate to him with all the heavy workload this season because of Champions League football.

We have too many LBs! Blind, Shaw, Mark Red, Darmian, Joe Riley... (excluding Borthwick-Jackson who is out on loan)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Interesting interview with LVG. Still very bitter about the way Man Utd sacked him. He accused them of betraying him and going behind his back to court Mourinho. So he made them pay: http://www.goal.com/en/news/furious-van ... vn3xjynba0
I think it was all directed behind my back from January.

"I was on the chopping block for six months. With my head publicly on the gallows. The pressure was almost inhuman.

"That's why I say that winning the FA Cup has actually been my biggest achievement as a coach
, because despite the noose around your neck, you have to keep those players motivated."

"Ed Woodward and the club owners, the Glazer brothers, already knew that after the second season I would only stay for one more year. And then after a year and a half, Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea, also a top coach they would like to have at United once. With him, they could be at the top for three years. Or five. Maybe 10. Because they would like another Alex Ferguson era.

“It is my biggest disappointment that United did not come to discuss these things with me. [They told me] only after my approaching dismissal was already leaked immediately after the final. If they had come to me with the Mourinho story in January, I would have said: 'okay, we're going to give everything for another six months, fully committed to each other, and then he'll take over'.

"Then they would have been able to keep that third year's salary after I left, But now I have made them pay up to the last penny.

"A club can be football focused in its organisation or commercially. At United, the balance is more towards the commercial side.

"They could get Mourinho, a long-term choice, and a coach with a high commercial value throughout the world. Finally, Woodward said so to me the day after the FA Cup final."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

What was the point of signing Lindelof? The guy is a serious work in progress. He has potential but he has many rough edges to his game. Why pay almost 40 million for a reserve player who the manager admits is not ready for the first 11? This seems a pointless signing with no purpose other than to block the promising Tuanzebe's route to the first team. Tuanzebe (a raw teenager who is 4 years younger than Lindelof) looks more composed than Lindelof even though he has only played 4 games (compared to Lindelof - an experienced player who has played in the Champions League and for his national team).

It would make more sense to keep Tuanzebe as the back of CD and develop his game, rather than sign a 40 million reserve CD who is no better than Tuanzebe, and who simply blocks the progress of a young player.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

British media is reporting that Mourinho and Andrew Smith fell out last season and Mourinho is punishing him by dropping him from the team. If that is true it would explain why Smith has started only one game this season, and was excluded from the squad for the Champions League game against Basel altogether (not even on the bench) - despite being voted Man Utd's player of the year, last season.

Apparently Smith invited a friend of his to the Man Utd training ground just before last season's Europa league semi-final against Celta Vigo. Mourinho recognised the friend as someone who has links to Celta, and absolutely blew his top, summoned Smith to his office, and gave him a dressing down. Since then, relations between them soured.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

wiseone wrote:On another note I am very surprised that Man Utd siddon look while Spurs signed Aurier. The RB position is an area that Man Utd have had problems with for years due to injury prone RBs (the Twins, Tony V). Right now Tony has no rival or back up at RB. Aurier would have been a good alternate to him with all the heavy workload this season because of Champions League football.

We have too many LBs! Blind, Shaw, Mark Red, Darmian, Joe Riley... (excluding Borthwick-Jackson who is out on loan)
I don't rate Aurier that high. Not been impressed the few times I watched him play.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He is a very good athlete. Also good going forward/as an attacking FB. I was actually surprised that PSG allowed him to leave (unless it was due to his well publicised disciplinary issues).
bamenda boy wrote:
I don't rate Aurier that high. Not been impressed the few times I watched him play.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:British media is reporting that Mourinho and Andrew Smith fell out last season and Mourinho is punishing him by dropping him from the team. If that is true it would explain why Smith has started only one game this season, and was excluded from the squad for the Champions League game against Basel altogether (not even on the bench) - despite being voted Man Utd's player of the year, last season.

Apparently Smith invited a friend of his to the Man Utd training ground just before last season's Europa league semi-final against Celta Vigo. Mourinho recognised the friend as someone who has links to Celta, and absolutely blew his top, summoned Smith to his office, and gave him a dressing down. Since then, relations between them soured.
It is important to use the brain sometimes. Herrera played the first official game of the season, a big game, against Real Madrid. Just that fact alone should tell anyone with just a little brain cell (not even much) that Herrera was NOT drop for any "incidence" that supposedly happened last season. Like I mentioned earlier, Herrera was very bad in the Real Madrid game and was rightfully dropped for performance related issues. In the meantime, his competitors Mata and Fellaini have performed well.

Usa la Cabeza! Use your brain!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) Phil Jones is playing the best games of his (injury interrupted) career. Watching his no-nonsense defending is a throwback to the old fashioned block, tackle, clear it defenders of old. JT, Vida, and Terry Butcher would be proud of some of Jonesy's body of work this season. His first touch is often a clearance. Speaking of first touch...

2) Lukaku is a powerful and quick striker who constantly keeps opposition defenders occupied. It must be scary playing against him. However he has the first touch of a baby rhino. He has to improve his first touch against high quality teams that will not give multiple chances away like CP did today. Speaking of first touch...

3) Who saw that incredible bit of control in the first half by Juan "Johnny Kills" Mata from a Jones clearance that went 40 yards up in the air? Mata watched the ball come down, and took it in on his foot as if he had glue on his boots.

4) Rashford's performances are getting scary. He tore Joe Ward a new one in the first half. He was actually showboating after 30 minutes and deliberately flicked the ball up in the air with his heel, then used his shoulder to juggle the ball! I have not seen that kind of showmanship in the EPL since Okocha's day.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:1) Phil Jones is playing the best games of his (injury interrupted) career. Watching his no-nonsense defending is a throwback to the old fashioned block, tackle, clear it defenders of old. JT, Vida, and Terry Butcher would be proud of some of Jonesy's body of work this season. His first touch is often a clearance. Speaking of first touch...

2) Lukaku is a powerful and quick striker who constantly keeps opposition defenders occupied. It must be scary playing against him. However he has the first touch of a baby rhino. He has to improve his first touch against high quality teams that will not give multiple chances away like CP did today. Speaking of first touch...

Yes Lukaku first touch is very suspect and that is one aspect of his game where he need to improve, he will certainly get goal scoring opportunities against the big sides but his finishing will have to be more clinical than ever

3) Who saw that incredible bit of control in the first half by Juan "Johnny Kills" Mata from a Jones clearance that went 40 yards up in the air? Mata watched the ball come down, and took it in on his foot as if he had glue on his boots.

They showed a replay of mata first touch, maybe he can teach Lukaku the finer aspects of this part of the game

4) Rashford's performances are getting scary. He tore Joe Ward a new one in the first half. He was actually showboating after 30 minutes and deliberately flicked the ball up in the air with his heel, then used his shoulder to juggle the ball! I have not seen that kind of showmanship in the EPL since Okocha's day.
I personally think Martial form is better than Rashford this season, Martial is so direct and his close control his superb, he can dribble in tight spots whiles Rashford relies on his pace, having said this, Rashford can certainly take on a player and the move for the first goal was world class and the 2nd delivery for Felliani was world class, can Mourinho play both players against City??? So their full backs will be glued to their own half??
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:1) Phil Jones is playing the best games of his (injury interrupted) career. Watching his no-nonsense defending is a throwback to the old fashioned block, tackle, clear it defenders of old. JT, Vida, and Terry Butcher would be proud of some of Jonesy's body of work this season. His first touch is often a clearance. Speaking of first touch...

i am looking for the gif of that one.

it was too silky, Berbatov-like

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:

i am looking for the gif of that one.

it was too silky, Berbatov-like
Mourinho despises Mata and will ship him out! Mourinho is so full of hate!!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think keeping Martial (and Lingard) on the bench is deliberate tactic by Jose. I noticed that this season he tends to bring on the pace of Martial and Lingard for the last 20-30 minutes to run at tired defenders. It has worked. Martial has scored 4 goals and got several assists from the bench. I have also noticed that this season Man Utd have scored a lot of goals in the last 10 minutes of games (contrasted to last year where they kept conceding late goals in the dying minutes). It is refreshing to see Man Utd take the handbrakes off and really go at teams in the last 10 minutes (even when they are already winning). I felt sorry for poor Joel Ward. He must have been relieved to see Rashford subbed off...until he saw that his replacement was Martial!

It was actually Ashley Young (not Rashford) that got in the cross for Fellani to score.
That Young cross to the far post to Fellaini is a carry over routine from the LVG days. Nice to see Young use a couple of stepovers, and still remember that once upon a time, he used to be a flying winger. I think Man Utd should take advantage of his devastating deep crosses by letting him take corners and indirect FKs.
marko wrote: I personally think Martial form is better than Rashford this season, Martial is so direct and his close control his superb, he can dribble in tight spots whiles Rashford relies on his pace, having said this, Rashford can certainly take on a player and the move for the first goal was world class and the 2nd delivery for Felliani was world class, can Mourinho play both players against City??? So their full backs will be glued to their own half??
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

agree with all the above

Now if Valencia can replicate those crosses from the right

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Games we played so far are training session for me. The game against Stoke gave me fears so I want to see us against the big guns in the league.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

joplass wrote:Games we played so far are training session for me. The game against Stoke gave me fears so I want to see us against the big guns in the league.

It is quite easy to look at these matches as training games. Good sign that we have put the huff and puff of the past seasons behind us.

Stoke were lucky...a review of the match will show that.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cant wait to see us against the top 6, sure Mourinho already has a plan to handle the likes

Marko
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

oluphemmie007 wrote:
joplass wrote:Games we played so far are training session for me. The game against Stoke gave me fears so I want to see us against the big guns in the league.

It is quite easy to look at these matches as training games. Good sign that we have put the huff and puff of the past seasons behind us.

Stoke were lucky...a review of the match will show that.
Absolutely, we play football these days with clear tactics and we have the personnel to execute JM's plans.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Watch those idiots at Loserpool suddenly discover that they are a 'big side when it is time to play us o. Yeye people. I hope we tear them a very big one.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oluphemmie007 wrote:Watch those idiots at Loserpool suddenly discover that they are a 'big side when it is time to play us o. Yeye people. I hope we tear them a very big one.
Liverpool are prone to conceding cheap goals, it should be that battle of the defences, we will certainly create scoring chances, no team in world football can keep Rashford, martial, lukaku, Miky, Felliani quiet for 90 minutes

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

oluphemmie007 wrote:Watch those idiots at Loserpool suddenly discover that they are a 'big side when it is time to play us o. Yeye people. I hope we tear them a very big one.
I dont think it is Liverpool fans you need to worry about, rather it is your coach. Pray he does not believe those fans and set up united to play like he always does against big teams....i mean park the bus!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

oloye wrote:
I dont think it is Liverpool fans you need to worry about, rather it is your coach. Pray he does not believe those fans and set up united to play like he always does against big teams....i mean park the bus!
Egbon, I am a fan of parking the bus o...as long as there is a good plan of hitting them on the counter. I just need three delicious points from that match.