Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Keep on waffling about the place, you have switched conviniently and stylish, trying to fool people in here about the new regime at united, your mourinho tweets have suddenly dried up and now you are very vocal about OGS, if we lost, things would have been different, if anyone enjoyed the football Mourinho put us through, i would really question their football intelligence, you blamed players in several of your posts, let me quote you, is it Mourinho fault that Rashford cannot score? Is it mourinho fault, lingard did not finish ? In football everything is about confidence! The same players are playing differently within a week, sorry i will continue to question your real footballing alleigance

If you like. Mourinho that much and you think he was the messiah, feel free to follow him to any club crazy enough to secure his services!
switched what? are you ok
we have a new manager, you want me to continuously talk about Jose?

the Board is still fu*ked up, and i will continue saying it

Everyone blames players, you included. Stop being a hypocrite

Jose won us 2 trophies in his 1st season, I will not diss him

LVG won us the FA Cup. I will not diss him

Rashford has been scoring. Yesterday was NOT his 1st goal this season
(you OTOH kept saying Jose made him regress)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Keep on waffling about the place, you have switched conviniently and stylish, trying to fool people in here about the new regime at united, your mourinho tweets have suddenly dried up and now you are very vocal about OGS, if we lost, things would have been different, if anyone enjoyed the football Mourinho put us through, i would really question their football intelligence, you blamed players in several of your posts, let me quote you, is it Mourinho fault that Rashford cannot score? Is it mourinho fault, lingard did not finish ? In football everything is about confidence! The same players are playing differently within a week, sorry i will continue to question your real footballing alleigance

If you like. Mourinho that much and you think he was the messiah, feel free to follow him to any club crazy enough to secure his services!
switched what? are you ok
we have a new manager, you want me to continuously talk about Jose?

the Board is still fu*ked up, and i will continue saying it

Everyone blames players, you included. Stop being a hypocrite

Jose won us 2 trophies in his 1st season, I will not diss him

LVG won us the FA Cup. I will not diss him

Rashford has been scoring. Yesterday was NOT his 1st goal this season
(you OTOH kept saying Jose made him regress)

The board made mistakes, everyone knows this, what i was concerned was your continued support for Mourinho even when it was obvious football had clearly left him and he was hanging on to his past record just like we united fans are hanging on to our proud history

Lets put things into perspective, mourinho continued to criticise the defence, had it not occured to him that the way he set his team out to play, the opposition, however how low or high will always be given chances upon chances, his park the bus mentality meant the defence was always under pressure

Last week Liverpool had 36 shots on target to united 3, why? He set up this bizarre sometimes 5 man defence, he effectively conceeded the midfield and possession to liverpool, eveyrone is always quick to blame defenders when things go wrong but we were always going to make mistakes

Same thing happened to City, Crystal palace did not sit back and allow themselves to be ran over, they attacked city, the best form of defence is attack, when Cardiff knew united were no longer going to sit back, they had to perform damage limitation, it was wave after wave of attack, who made the mistake for their only goal? rashford, not a defender!

My assessment of Mourinho is kid plays compared to the stuff i have read on-line, i blame the board for allowing this charade to continue after pre-season utterance of Mourinho, he set a really bad tone for the season complaining about funds and things went downhill from there

Last season, our problem was playing too many draws that city won because they attacked and did not sit back like us, They even had a leaky defence but nobody found out except liverpool because everyone was scared to attack them

So i dont think our defence is as bad as people make it out to be, Mourinho system was not suited to united

Hopefully OGS can work on their confidence as thats whats lacking now, like i said, never again should Mourinho likes be allowed through the doors of old trafford, he is an affront to football
Last edited by marko on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i agree.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

these are all winnable games

deficit to 4th is 8 f*g points...only EIGHT
if we can get max points from these 4 fixtures, we can cut the deficit to 5 points

Newcastle away will be kind of tricky

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

To be quite honest, i dont really care about 4th position any longer, whats important is we regain our football identity that the coward took away, look at all the top teams in Europe, they have a proud footballing identity, we know Barcelona from the way they pass the ball around under pressure, we know how the likes of Juventus, Real madrid, Bayern will press defences, so when they acquire a coach, they have to stick to the tradition or at least improve it not tear it apart

United plays attacking football and this is what built our brand over the years, yes the board made mistakes with Moyes and LVG, we can accept this, no point dwellling, when Mourinho knew funds were not gokng to be made available for defenders, he should have done the honourable thing and resigned to protect his proud record but that pay off was too sweet to let that happen

That is when he became erractic and took our his frustrations on the players from shaw, pogba, martial,rashford, bailly, jones, sanchez, mata, herrera, everything went down hill, formation, bizarre, tactics, non-existent, well he collected the 22 million pay off, why should he be allowed to enjoy the money after nearly destroying the club, it is greed, the same crap he criticises players about, its the same greed that did not let him see reality, sorry that is not a man of honour, he is just a cheap footballing fraud and am glad he has been finally exposed!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:To be quite honest, i dont really care about 4th position any longer, whats important is we regain our football identity that the coward took away, look at all the top teams in Europe, they have a proud footballing identity, we know Barcelona from the way they pass the ball around under pressure, we know how the likes of Juventus, Real madrid, Bayern will press defences, so when they acquire a coach, they have to stick to the tradition or at least improve it not tear it apart
!
we can make 4th

watch and see.

Sari and Emery will drop points bc of thursday night football. Hazard is having a sh*t season

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well right now, us playing good football is enough for me, anything else is a bonus, if OGS can get us playing like we did yesterday, the fear factor will return to old trafford! Don care what team we play, we should be playing like this, week in week out, thats where confidence gradually comes back, even defenders making these mistakes will buckle up, the sight of Lindelof taking the ball to Cardiff was enough for me, that was why Mourinho bought him, If sanchez can get fit, i will like to see him play in that hole behind Martial and Rashford and just inter-change play, As for Pogba, when we need defence splitting passes, just pass to him, he can do it

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sample of what young Andreas Pereira can do when he actually gets a game. He is a technically gifted player. He was on the pitch for about 5 minutes v Cardiff and still managed this:
This is him v Real Madrid:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

It's good to see almost all United fans and players in good spirits and looking forward to games.
The big games and any surprise defeats are what will test the resolve of the club and players.

2-0 down in 30mins at an away ground to a tough opponent is where one would love to see proper hunger and running around from players and manager at work.

March is gong to be a very interesting month for United, PSG, City, Arsenal, Liverpool all in the same month will be a big test of the regime. :thumbs:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:It's good to see almost all United fans and players in good spirits and looking forward to games.
The big games and any surprise defeats are what will test the resolve of the club and players.

2-0 down in 30mins at an away ground to a tough opponent is where one would love to see proper hunger and running around from players and manager at work.

March is gong to be a very interesting month for United, PSG, City, Arsenal, Liverpool all in the same month will be a big test of the regime. :thumbs:
Exactly, united is a big club to handle all these fixtures

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote: March is gong to be a very interesting month for United, PSG, City, Arsenal, Liverpool all in the same month will be a big test of the regime. :thumbs:
abeg, the same was said about the Chelsea, Arsenal, Juve, Everton fixtures in Oct/Nov.
No shaking

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

One day at a time, lets get 3 points today and play to our potential, thats all

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:One day at a time, lets get 3 points today and play to our potential, thats all
this weekend, Pool will beat the Arse
we will reduce the deficit

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Gap between Man Utd and the top 4 reduced from 11 points to 6 points in the space of 4 days. Football...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Gap between Man Utd and the top 4 reduced from 11 points to 6 points in the space of 4 days. Football...
Is a funny game! Mourinho was so toxic and never a good fit for united, nearly dragged the club down with his all about me philosophy, win games, all about me, lose games, blame players, thats why he is always quick to point out how many trophies he has won never giving the players that won it any compliments, Zidane won 3 champion league titles back to back and has never gloated

If only the united board had any foresight, they should have sacked him at the start of the season when he started complaning about money having spent nearly 70 million pounds and absolutely nothing to show for it

Well its history now, like i said, i have written off the season, just getting them playing good football is good enough for me, anything else is a bonus

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
[TBL] Man United (4-1) Bournemouth [PP x2, MR]

Post by tfco »

Last edited by tfco on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [TBL] Man United (0-0) Bournemouth

Post by tfco »

Bailly + Lindelof combo

:clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [TBL] Man United (0-0) Bournemouth

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oloye

did.you.see.that

your boy is GOOD

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [TBL] Man United (1-0) Bournemouth [PP]

Post by tfco »

i am tempted give that goal to Rashford

kai....wtf did i just see

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oloye, where is your boy finding such form from?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Now see my boy doing what he does best.. What a gem.. What a gem.. When last did y'all see that dribbling
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This how a team assembled at such a prize should play, not play hide and seek football. This is how Manu teams play...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

#theHarryMaguire