Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Sometimes actual result takes time to start manifesting and the point of view that United's overall performances have improved over the previous years sounds valid to me. Fans, commentators, referees and even the manager hardly doze off anymore during our matches and De Gea is now often too idle to win man of the match awards :lol:
:clap:

good point

has DDG won MoM for any game this season? I doubt
When your defenders doing the job and your team is not under pressure you don't win it.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:I think the club's league position is lower than their performances deserve. Those draws against Burnley, Stoke, West Ham, and Arsenal should have been wins instead of draws (except for heroic goalkeeping and wasteful finishing). Instead they got 4 points instead of 12. Those extra 8 points would have them in 3rd place, only 1 point behind second placed Arsenal.
jb wrote: Team may have plateaued, but a better index will be a look at the wins, draws and loses rather than position on the table.
then take the one point Arsenal got from the draw and clap for your self. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Go and watch Manu first 3 games that your team win,you guys should have drop 4 points today out of that 3 win.
West Ham league position is lower than their performance,Arsenal league position is lower than their performance same with Liverpool.
This December when team start win games,you guys might not be 6th in the standing.Let the win over psurs not fool you.United has been poor and should have be like 9th in the table.you guys have score just like 20 goals all season and your think your performance has been better than your league position? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd have drawn St Etienne in the Europa League. AKA Pogba -v- Pogba. Paul Pogba will play against his older brother Florentin who plays for St Etienne. Reminds me of the Xhaka brothers who played against each other three times in the past 4 months.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:Man Utd have drawn St Etienne in the Europa League. AKA Pogba -v- Pogba. Paul Pogba will play against his older brother Florentin who plays for St Etienne. Reminds me of the Xhaka brothers who played against each other three times in the past 4 months.
You guys should go for the Europa tittle and make Cl,its the best bet for you guys to make Cl next year.i don't see how you guys will move above one of City,Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal my beloved.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We will certainly improve, our defence is definitely better without smalling and luke shaw, Phil jones is back to his best and even Rojo is balling

Our issue is now up front, Wayne rooney is not scoring, rashford is out of form, martial is not performing, only Zlatan is banging in the goals, our midfield is ok

come January, if we need to improve our squad, it is in the front department but we cannot get any good striker until the summer
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Zlatan gets a free pass and escapes criticism because of all the bile being directed at Rooney and Fellaini. His role in inhibiting Man Utd's play and contributing to them conceding late goals has not been analysed. Lee Dixon (in his pre-match analysis at the weekend) correctly identified Zlatan as a source of weakness when Man Utd do not have possession. He said:

"When they lose the ball Ibrahimovic just downs tools. He doesn't chase back, he just walks back..."

I actually think Man Utd's best CD partnership is a mix of power (Bailly) and speed (Smalling). Luke Shaw is a typical modern fullback: excellent going forward, but positionally suspect. The fact that Darmian gets a game ahead of him shows how much his defensive play has to improve.
marko wrote:We will certainly improve, our defence is definitely better without smalling and luke shaw, Phil jones is back to his best and even Rojo is balling

Our issue is now up front, Wayne rooney is not scoring, rashford is out of form, martial is not performing, only Zlatan is banging in the goals, our midfield is ok

come January, if we need to improve our squad, it is in the front department but we cannot get any good striker until the summer
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Last 9 games (all comps)

WDWDWDWWW

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 2nd
Week 3 - 3rd
Week 4 - 4th
Week 5 - 7th
Week 6 - 6th
Week 7 - 6th
Week 8 - 7th
Week 9 - 8th
Week 10 - 8th
Week 11 - 6th
Week 12 - 6th
Week 13 - 6th
Week 14 - 6th
Week 15 - 6th
Week 16 - 6th.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Zlatan gets a free pass and escapes criticism because of all the bile being directed at Rooney and Fellaini. His role in inhibiting Man Utd's play and contributing to them conceding late goals has not been analysed. Lee Dixon (in his pre-match analysis at the weekend) correctly identified Zlatan as a source of weakness when Man Utd do not have possession. He said:

"When they lose the ball Ibrahimovic just downs tools. He doesn't chase back, he just walks back..."

I actually think Man Utd's best CD partnership is a mix of power (Bailly) and speed (Smalling). Luke Shaw is a typical modern fullback: excellent going forward, but positionally suspect. The fact that Darmian gets a game ahead of him shows how much his defensive play has to improve.
marko wrote:We will certainly improve, our defence is definitely better without smalling and luke shaw, Phil jones is back to his best and even Rojo is balling

Zlatan was brought to bang in the goals, something he is doing, 5 goals in 5 games, rooney would never have scored the goal zlatan scored yesterday
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
wiseone wrote:Man Utd have drawn St Etienne in the Europa League. AKA Pogba -v- Pogba. Paul Pogba will play against his older brother Florentin who plays for St Etienne. Reminds me of the Xhaka brothers who played against each other three times in the past 4 months.
You guys should go for the Europa tittle and make Cl,its the best bet for you guys to make Cl next year.i don't see how you guys will move above one of City,Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal my beloved.
Anything can happen still.
We are into December, City will be playing Arsenal and Liverpool in the next few fixtures, if United wins all its next few we can go into 2017 being closer and with all to play for.
If things go well United might just sneak back into the title race :thumbs:

At the same time Europa is winnable but playing on Thursday does take it's toll.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 2nd
Week 3 - 3rd
Week 4 - 4th
Week 5 - 7th
Week 6 - 6th
Week 7 - 6th
Week 8 - 7th
Week 9 - 8th
Week 10 - 8th
Week 11 - 6th
Week 12 - 6th
Week 13 - 6th
Week 14 - 6th
Week 15 - 6th
Week 16 - 6th.
Sign of things to come. Best you can do now is 4th. Steal something from Arsenal.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
tfco wrote:Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 2nd
Week 3 - 3rd
Week 4 - 4th
Week 5 - 7th
Week 6 - 6th
Week 7 - 6th
Week 8 - 7th
Week 9 - 8th
Week 10 - 8th
Week 11 - 6th
Week 12 - 6th
Week 13 - 6th
Week 14 - 6th
Week 15 - 6th
Week 16 - 6th.
Sign of things to come. Best you can do now is 4th. Steal something from Arsenal.
Yep, a stolen 4th will do.
And the odd trophy, Capital One or Europa won't be a bad shout.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Any truth in the rumours of Depay and Schneiderlin on their way out in January.
Would have loved to see Depay get another chance even on the right wing.
Anyway the pressure on the manager is too big
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Depay has been frustrating.

Schneiderlin has been a bust at United. I really hoped for him to take over the Carrick role
He was beastly at Soton.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tfco wrote:Depay has been frustrating.

Schneiderlin has been a bust at United. I really hoped for him to take over the Carrick role
He was beastly at Soton.
I think a big part of some of those guys struggling has been the lack of clarity. No clarity in what the club's philosophy is, no clarity in what is demanded from the players. Like you've pointed out, Schneiderlin was a warrior at So'ton. The constant chopping and changing has hurt. Still good players but sometimes it's better for both parties to part ways.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

platinum wrote:

He was beastly at Soton.
I think a big part of some of those guys struggling has been the lack of clarity. No clarity in what the club's philosophy is, no clarity in what is demanded from the players. Like you've pointed out, Schneiderlin was a warrior at So'ton. The constant chopping and changing has hurt. Still good players but sometimes it's better for both parties to part ways.
True this, part of of the pains of changing manager.
For example some who thrived under LVG like Smalling, Shaw, Rashford are now struggling to start games, whilst the opposite is true of Herrera, Rojo.

I did wish Depay & Schneiderlin got a chance to get back to their previous club form, but football is like this sometimes.
Hopefully they find a better football home if it doesn't work out at Old Trafford.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@benteke name your top 4 this season,can you do another thread who will finish top 4?
Do you see Manu finishing top 4 this season?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Schneiderlin looks to be a gonner. Rumours are that his former manager Koeman wants to sign him for Everton. The fact that the (supposedly banished) Schweinsteiger gets in the squad ahead of him is very troubling. Some squad renovation is required:

Out: Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Wilson, Varela, Johnny Kills, Lingard, Depay (loan)
In: Aurier, Aubameyang or Reus (we wish! :biggrin: )
Bring back from loan: Pereira
Jury still out: Januzaj

He was beastly at Soton.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:@benteke name your top 4 this season,can you do another thread who will finish top 4?
Do you see Manu finishing top 4 this season?
I am shy to open that thread i think you must do the honors as a supporter of a title contender :mrgreen:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Two things:

1) My apologies to Miracle Dave for not pointing out THAT save against Palace:
He does "Spiderman" agility saves so often that we take his brilliance for granted. The fact he is no longer winning MOTM every week might indicate that his defence is not working him as hard as they did the last 3 seasons...

2) Another shout out for Andrew Smith. He has been excellent and perhaps Man Utd's most improved player this season. To think that it was the much maligned Moyes who earmarked him as a Man Utd player.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Is Rooney ok? What is it with the antics instead of minding the business of playing football?
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Week 1 - 1st
Week 2 - 2nd
Week 3 - 3rd
Week 4 - 4th
Week 5 - 7th
Week 6 - 6th
Week 7 - 6th