Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:How will Mourinho psyche up the players for the next game? run to the media? right now if i were him, i will demand a team meeting with the chief executive, let the players be free to say what they feel about him
Remember when Van Gaal also had to set up a meeting with players so they could say what they felt about him.
United has allowed a wrong culture to prevail.
It has to be nipped in the bud as soon as possible.
That mass sell off of under performing players that Pep did after his first season is what sent a signal that under performance would not be tolerated.
United needs that, some of them need the Yaya Toure treatment.
Pep even sold some players that he himself had bought and realised were not performing like Molotov. Even Bravo was cast aside and Ederson brought in.
But if Mourinho were to attempt that there would be a massive outcry
Last edited by benteke on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Jose not helping himself with decisions such as:

1) Excluding Martial, Pereira, and Bailly from the squad entirely! Pereira was the club's best player in pre-season. He has one less than stellar 45 minutes against Brighton - and Kaboom! He is dropped from the squad completely.

2) The team is 0-2 down with 25 minutes left. He has Rashford and Young on the bench, so he decides to bring on....Fellaini.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wiseone wrote:Jose not helping himself with decisions such as:

1) Excluding Martial, Pereira, and Bailly from the squad entirely! Pereira was the club's best player in pre-season. He has one less than stellar 45 minutes against Brighton - and Kaboom! He is dropped from the squad completely.

2) The team is 0-2 down with 25 minutes left. He has Rashford and Young on the bench, so he decides to bring on....Fellaini.

he has the best strategy and tactics
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
You people lying to yourselves in what at best can be likened to living in denial. This is his third season and if this shambles is all he has to show after spending over 200 mills on players he now calls bad ....then what else do you guys expect? Yes the players are rubbish, hey they were all expensive rubbish, but the most odious of the lot are the ones he brought in at such a ridiculous amount.

You can blame the players for all you want, but the truth is a manager who destroys his own team in public will face the wrath of his own players . Players know how to sink a manager who has lost his way,they can sense when the end of such a manager is near and they would help him to find his way as quickly as possible.

The clown brought this woe upon himself, if you cannot control your players , seeking attention from the media would not help your cause.

Look at Magic, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, these were the players he was rubbishing other players for ,,saying the others were not his players..I wonder whose players they were. We saw his players last night, they were rubbish , add Liendelof to the lot who came in and compounded his woes.

These over priced lot were his acquisitions and you guys still want to push the players blame...nice try,but try again. That nonsense siege mentality is so outdated ..I have been saying in the last 3 seasons that this man needs to reinvent himself and his tactics. He reinvented himself alright ,he became a silking and whining menace to both his players and his team.
At times i want to agree with you.
Then i suddenly remember that these problems that Mourinho is facing were also faced by Van Gaal.
It's not a new phenomenon that De Gea is winning player of the year every season, it was happening when Mourinho was not the manager.
And these players know that Mourinho just like Van Gaal will go before them.

I will take a wild guess, if Zidane takes over from Mourinho he will soon start facing the same issues once he starts demanding performances fit for a United player every single weekend
Is Pep demanding less from his own players? Is Klopp demanding less, is Poch demanding less? Why is it that it is Jose that is struggling to demand that his players give him more season in season out?

The most partying part is when he falls out with the players he recruited himself. I can understand if he is struggling to get anything out of the players he met at United.. strangely it is those players who are giving him the best they can give. Look at all the players he brought to United...look and analyse their performance then tell me if this is a United culture. What has Sanchez done since he came, Bailey had one fantastic season and he looks a mediocre players...I don't even want to mention Miki who he turned into a shadow of himself, would you class Miki a product of United culture?

Sometimes I think you guys do not even understand the culture of the team you support.

Now go back to Jose, why is it that he is able to get the best of his players in the first and maybe second season and from there on it goes down. Look at Chelsea..he brought in Diego Costa, yet in the second season Diego could not be bothered to play for him ditho others, but same players found their mojo under Continue to win the league again....they were almost mocking him when they destroyed United at Stamford bridge. He left the place labelling the same players traitors..but these players went on to win the league with Conte.

Something is wrong with his management style and he needs to look at it.

I started distancing myself from him when he started insulting his players, he could easily have won the league the first season he came back from Real, he became coacky and started saying he has no strikers, rubbishing Torres and Ba in one swoop. He got his striker and won the league the next season....but third season he fell apart with everyone and left Chelsea labelling his players traitors.

I won't go back to Real,he came in and the players played and fought for him, even did some of the dirty stuff required,until the players felt they were being pushed to the brink and decided to pull back. He labelled them traitors called Casillas names and proceeded to humiliate him, the others simply withdrew their support, he lost the dressing room and was bundled out. The players were happy to see the end of him.

It is always a bad sign when players heave a sign of relief when you leave the room, as a manager it is a terrible place to be with your players.

These players have smelt blood and they will only be dragging themselves and playing till he is sacked.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sell that Pereira to another club..and watch the gem unfold. His so called trusted players will defeacate all over the place, he would give them another chance to lay a bigger one. But not the younger ones he would sacrifice them.like a guinea pig.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
You people lying to yourselves in what at best can be likened to living in denial. This is his third season and if this shambles is all he has to show after spending over 200 mills on players he now calls bad ....then what else do you guys expect? Yes the players are rubbish, hey they were all expensive rubbish, but the most odious of the lot are the ones he brought in at such a ridiculous amount.

You can blame the players for all you want, but the truth is a manager who destroys his own team in public will face the wrath of his own players . Players know how to sink a manager who has lost his way,they can sense when the end of such a manager is near and they would help him to find his way as quickly as possible.

The clown brought this woe upon himself, if you cannot control your players , seeking attention from the media would not help your cause.

Look at Magic, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, these were the players he was rubbishing other players for ,,saying the others were not his players..I wonder whose players they were. We saw his players last night, they were rubbish , add Liendelof to the lot who came in and compounded his woes.

These over priced lot were his acquisitions and you guys still want to push the players blame...nice try,but try again. That nonsense siege mentality is so outdated ..I have been saying in the last 3 seasons that this man needs to reinvent himself and his tactics. He reinvented himself alright ,he became a silking and whining menace to both his players and his team.
Then i suddenly remember that these problems that Mourinho is facing were also faced by Van Gaal.
It's not a new phenomenon that De Gea is winning player of the year every season, it was happening when Mourinho was not the manager.

I will take a wild guess, if Zidane takes over from Mourinho he will soon start facing the same issues once he starts demanding performances fit for a United player every single weekend
By the way Van Gal did not have problem with the players, it was the fans who chased him out, complaining of his tactics saying it was slow and not quick enough.

Van Gal had the antidote for over paid players,he turned to younger players,the result was Martial, Lingard, and Rashford. Who were the prima donnas? The Dutch d#$% he brought was quickly dropped when he was not playing football...what was his name again..the one shipped off to France

Smalling rediscovered his form under VanGal of I may add. The left full back played some of the best footy of his life under Van Gal before he broke his legs. Let us not rewrite history.

Some of us have worshipped Jose before some of you guys were accepted or converted into the church of Jose :lol:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

Is Pep demanding less from his own players? Is Klopp demanding less, is Poch demanding less? Why is it that it is Jose that is struggling to demand that his players give him more season in season out?

The most partying part is when he falls out with the players he recruited himself. I can understand if he is struggling to get anything out of the players he met at United.. strangely it is those players who are giving him the best they can give. Look at all the players he brought to United...look and analyse their performance then tell me if this is a United culture. What has Sanchez done since he came, Bailey had one fantastic season and he looks a mediocre players...I don't even want to mention Miki who he turned into a shadow of himself, would you class Miki a product of United culture?

Sometimes I think you guys do not even understand the culture of the team you support.

Now go back to Jose, why is it that he is able to get the best of his players in the first and maybe second season and from there on it goes down. Look at Chelsea..he brought in Diego Costa, yet in the second season Diego could not be bothered to play for him ditho others, but same players found their mojo under Continue to win the league again....they were almost mocking him when they destroyed United at Stamford bridge. He left the place labelling the same players traitors..but these players went on to win the league with Conte.

Something is wrong with his management style and he needs to look at it.

I started distancing myself from him when he started insulting his players, he could easily have won the league the first season he came back from Real, he became coacky and started saying he has no strikers, rubbishing Torres and Ba in one swoop. He got his striker and won the league the next season....but third season he fell apart with everyone and left Chelsea labelling his players traitors.

I won't go back to Real,he came in and the players played and fought for him, even did some of the dirty stuff required,until the players felt they were being pushed to the brink and decided to pull back. He labelled them traitors called Casillas names and proceeded to humiliate him, the others simply withdrew their support, he lost the dressing room and was bundled out. The players were happy to see the end of him.

It is always a bad sign when players heave a sign of relief when you leave the room, as a manager it is a terrible place to be with your players.

These players have smelt blood and they will only be dragging themselves and playing till he is sacked.
Spot on.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
By the way Van Gal did not have problem with the players, it was the fans who chased him out, complaining of his tactics saying it was slow and not quick enough.

Van Gal had the antidote for over paid players,he turned to younger players,the result was Martial, Lingard, and Rashford. Who were the prima donnas? The Dutch d#$% he brought was quickly dropped when he was not playing football...what was his name again..the one shipped off to France

Smalling rediscovered his form under VanGal of I may add. The left full back played some of the best footy of his life under Van Gal before he broke his legs. Let us not rewrite history.

Some of us have worshipped Jose before some of you guys were accepted or converted into the church of Jose :lol:
Don't get me wrong my man, my main focus here is on United players rather than being a fan of Mourinho, that's why i have brought up Van Gaal, i was on the side of the manager as i am now, not to say both managers don't have their faults.

Now here goes:

Manchester United hold crisis talks with Wayne Rooney leading stars asking boss Louis van Gaal to change his methods

Spaniards Juan Mata and Ander Herrera are leading a revolt against him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... stars.html

--------------------------

Manchester United Players Reportedly Complain Over Louis van Gaal's Routine

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/syndicat ... e.amp.html

---------------------------

Louis van Gaal brandishes Manchester United players as 'unprofessional' for ignoring his feedback

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp

---------------
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

Don't get me wrong my man, my main focus here is on United players rather than being a fan of Mourinho, that's why i have brought up Van Gaal, i was on the side of the manager as i am now, not to say both managers don't have their faults.

Now here goes:

Manchester United hold crisis talks with Wayne Rooney leading stars asking boss Louis van Gaal to change his methods

Spaniards Juan Mata and Ander Herrera are leading a revolt against him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... stars.html

--------------------------

Manchester United Players Reportedly Complain Over Louis van Gaal's Routine

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/syndicat ... e.amp.html

---------------------------

Louis van Gaal brandishes Manchester United players as 'unprofessional' for ignoring his feedback

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp

---------------
I hear you bro, i hear you. All of this came about because of the rumblings from the fans. Those players did not stop playing those who tried to were simply pushed aside as Van Gal unleashed the young players he had kept in waiting. Here lies the problem, as yourself who can Jose turn to when his ego maniac stars do not perform? Will he turn to the young players he has demolished their confidence by labelling them as not good enough and not up to par? This is the aspect of his management style he needs to look into.

Van Gal went on to win the FA cup, still playing the same tactics, so it was not much about the players, he got those that mattered on his side, heck Rooney was given a role to be jogging around and spraying those slow passes around and he became happy once his future was secured.
Hence i said it was the fans that drove him away. Players would always react to new tactics and new way of doing things, this has to be managed, it is what football managers and coaches do.

For me i am alarmed at the fact that the ones he calls his key players are the ones playing rubbish for him, they are the ones undermining whatever he is trying to accomplish, they are the ones daring him openly, not the ones he has dismissed as not being good enough.

Geez look at the pathetic sight of Rashford, Martial, Bailey, these three would make any team a good team any day. The question is how does he deal with the brewing crisis in his dressing room right now?

Look at Lukaku, he looks fat uninterested and unfit. Matic was anonymous yesterday, to the extent some did not even know he featured, as for Pogba he is only counting what is left of his days at United with or without Jose. Today Pique was in the news saying he is welcome to Barcelona any day...players of Pique's statue do not just say things like that just because they have itchy tongue. Martial has said he wanted to leave, same the Italian full back but they are still in the dressing room, that does not look good.

So the question remains how do you manage the situation, moan in the media, heap more disparaging words at them, call them traitors or simply have a look at himself and ask what do i need to change.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is it still racist to say Harry Kane passes stool with more composure in it than Romelu Afobe has with the ball at feet?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:

I hear you bro, i hear you. All of this came about because of the rumblings from the fans. Those players did not stop playing those who tried to were simply pushed aside as Van Gal unleashed the young players he had kept in waiting. Here lies the problem, as yourself who can Jose turn to when his ego maniac stars do not perform? Will he turn to the young players he has demolished their confidence by labelling them as not good enough and not up to par? This is the aspect of his management style he needs to look into.

Van Gal went on to win the FA cup, still playing the same tactics, so it was not much about the players, he got those that mattered on his side, heck Rooney was given a role to be jogging around and spraying those slow passes around and he became happy once his future was secured.
Hence i said it was the fans that drove him away. Players would always react to new tactics and new way of doing things, this has to be managed, it is what football managers and coaches do.

For me i am alarmed at the fact that the ones he calls his key players are the ones playing rubbish for him, they are the ones undermining whatever he is trying to accomplish, they are the ones daring him openly, not the ones he has dismissed as not being good enough.

Geez look at the pathetic sight of Rashford, Martial, Bailey, these three would make any team a good team any day. The question is how does he deal with the brewing crisis in his dressing room right now?

Look at Lukaku, he looks fat uninterested and unfit. Matic was anonymous yesterday, to the extent some did not even know he featured, as for Pogba he is only counting what is left of his days at United with or without Jose. Today Pique was in the news saying he is welcome to Barcelona any day...players of Pique's statue do not just say things like that just because they have itchy tongue. Martial has said he wanted to leave, same the Italian full back but they are still in the dressing room, that does not look good.

So the question remains how do you manage the situation, moan in the media, heap more disparaging words at them, call them traitors or simply have a look at himself and ask what do i need to change.
There you go, that in bold is exactly what i am talking about.
Once United players stop performing to standards expected of them, they realised that fans and media are very quick to blame the presiding manager's style of play, and these players are not stupid, they also quickly adopt the victim mentality and hide behind the wave of criticism being levelled towards the manager.

On another day, United players have to be told at some point to take a long look at themselves and the wages they take home every weekend, and see if anyone can say with a straight face that they are trying their best even not been criticized in public.

Mourinho going the same way that Van Gaal went, and i am not surprised, but the powers that be at United better look closely at the kind of players they are buying and the kinds of attitudes that are becoming common.

Otherwise the next manager needs a less toxic squad with a clear direction of how Manchester United wants to play.
But what do i know, there are people who get paid to get these things right.

And i do not disagree with what you say about Mourinho, but the board and knowledge fans including pundits were crying for him and waxing about how he will come and make United great, yet they all knew how he operates.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

Once United players stop performing to standards expected of them, they realised that fans and media are very quick to blame the presiding manager's style of play, and these players are not stupid, they also quickly adopt the victim mentality and hide behind the wave of criticism being levelled towards the manager.

On another day, United players have to be told at some point to take a long look at themselves and the wages they take home every weekend, and see if anyone can say with a straight face that they are trying their best even not been criticized in public.

Mourinho going the same way that Van Gaal went, and i am not surprised, but the powers that be at United better look closely at the kind of players they are buying and the kinds of attitudes that are becoming common.

Otherwise the next manager needs a less toxic squad with a clear direction of how Manchester United wants to play.

And i do not disagree with what you say about Mourinho, but the board and knowledge fans including pundits were crying for him and waxing about how he will come and make United great, yet they all knew how he operates.
It is Jose who will have to change. He was the one who went bitching to the press, when it is going well , he parleys with them, courts them and loves the attention he gets from them. Let me ask a question, what stops him from refusing to say some of the stuff he says or simply go mute on some issues rather than profer a position that sets him up?

Press are paid to write stories, if you give them stories they would write stories. When Guardiola came and stumbled in his first season you would think Guardiola was Moyes, heck some even tried to compare him to Moyes. They rubbished Klopp, so there is nothing new with what the English tabloid writes about foreign coaches or players, Jose has been around for over a decade.

He needs to stop the crass statements he makes in front of the press. And that nonsense standing in front of the fans , it is stuff like that which will prompt the board to sack him. He pulled that $#% with Chelsea and they still fired him twice. Acknowledge the fans and go straight into the dressing room.

If he had prepared the young lads for war and built their confidence, someone like Lukaku wont be seeing action until he shed those chubby cheeks and sagging bottom. That is what Van Gal would do ditto the greatest of them all Sir Fergie. Because either of them would pull out someone with no name and make him do what these over fed stars were bought at such an obscene amount to do.

But Jose would destroy the ones he should be protecting to protect the ones he should be calling to order. By the time he tries to use the younger and the ones who should be hungry, they have been stripped of any confidence or desire to prove any point. I would have corrected Bailey and Linedolof and played the two again against Spurs instead of trying a back three formation that was nothing short of experimenting against a well oiled side. That was nothing short of desperation, the last thing he should be doing after a single away loss.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote:Is it still racist to say Harry Kane passes stool with more composure in it than Romelu Afobe has with the ball at feet?
Romelu Afobe or Benik Lukaku:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

It is Jose who will have to change. He was the one who went bitching to the press, when it is going well , he parleys with them, courts them and loves the attention he gets from them. Let me ask a question, what stops him from refusing to say some of the stuff he says or simply go mute on some issues rather than profer a position that sets him up?

Press are paid to write stories, if you give them stories they would write stories. When Guardiola came and stumbled in his first season you would think Guardiola was Moyes, heck some even tried to compare him to Moyes. They rubbished Klopp, so there is nothing new with what the English tabloid writes about foreign coaches or players, Jose has been around for over a decade.

He needs to stop the crass statements he makes in front of the press. And that nonsense standing in front of the fans , it is stuff like that which will prompt the board to sack him. He pulled that $#% with Chelsea and they still fired him twice. Acknowledge the fans and go straight into the dressing room.

If he had prepared the young lads for war and built their confidence, someone like Lukaku wont be seeing action until he shed those chubby cheeks and sagging bottom. That is what Van Gal would do ditto the greatest of them all Sir Fergie. Because either of them would pull out someone with no name and make him do what these over fed stars were bought at such an obscene amount to do.

But Jose would destroy the ones he should be protecting to protect the ones he should be calling to order. By the time he tries to use the younger and the ones who should be hungry, they have been stripped of any confidence or desire to prove any point. I would have corrected Bailey and Linedolof and played the two again against Spurs instead of trying a back three formation that was nothing short of experimenting against a well oiled side. That was nothing short of desperation, the last thing he should be doing after a single away loss.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think Pereira is a rough diamond. He could really shine in the right system and if he is given time to develop. he has been called up to the FULL Brazil national team at age 22 (the first player born outside Brazil in 100 years to have that honour), yet he is "not good enough" to be in Man Utd's squad? He looks a far better player than his compatriot Fred though.
oloye wrote:

Sell that Pereira to another club..and watch the gem unfold. His so called trusted players will defeacate all over the place, he would give them another chance to lay a bigger one. But not the younger ones he would sacrifice them.like a guinea pig.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:

You have some valid points on Mourinho's mistakes.

But my main point is that i don't think Mourinho is the sole cause of United problems, we have seen similar problems when Van Gaal was manager, the examples i pointed out are only just a few of them, there are loads of United fans that can write almost the same things you wrote but they would be talking about Van Gaal.

You look at Smalling and Jones, and you can see that the wise thing is to move them on and get better quality defenders, you are guaranteed injuries and mistakes nomatter who is the manager.

And then in general i think United is not a balanced team, it still needs an addition of quality in one or two areas.
Certain players need to be moved on in order to make this a balanced team that is not overloaded with expensive but ineffective players.

And blaming or sacking Mourinho only won't solve the main issue.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

You have some valid points on Mourinho's mistakes.

But my main point is that i don't think Mourinho is the sole cause of United problems, we have seen similar problems when Van Gaal was manager, the examples i pointed out are only just a few of them, there are loads of United fans that can write almost the same things you wrote but they would be talking about Van Gaal.

You look at Smalling and Jones, and you can see that the wise thing is to move them on and get better quality defenders, you are guaranteed injuries and mistakes nomatter who is the manager.

And then in general i think United is not a balanced team, it still needs an addition of quality in one or two areas.
Certain players need to be moved on in order to make this a balanced team that is not overloaded with expensive but ineffective players.

And blaming or sacking Mourinho only won't solve the main issue.
Trust me I was not attributing the whole problem of Man U to Jose, simply stating the ones he did not manage well. He was recruited to fix certain problems not to compound it.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
Trust me I was not attributing the whole problem of Man U to Jose, simply stating the ones he did not manage well. He was recruited to fix certain problems not to compound it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=270174&hilit=mourinho+rumours

If you look at the thread in the link above, when the rumours started i was already sceptical of what the guy would bring to Old Trafford.

The only good thing i hoped he would do was that maybe he would be very ruthless and get rid of gabbage players, and keep his style of bringing in two hard tackling solid defensive midfielders, and replace the whole defence, and that whenever the fans and players get fed up of him, at least in two seasons he would have assembled a pretty solid squad that another manager can easily make to be exciting.

But it's not going well. We can't tell if the board is also at fault. That one also needs a looking into.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Can Mourinho evolve?

If that happens then there is a bit of hope. We saw this same team mess up Manchester City at their backyard a few months ago with the likes of Smalling as star performers. The moment he realized that he was not getting additional money to buy defenders it should have been back to the strategy board for him but no, he decided to kill the confidence & morale of a team that just came 2nd with 81 points.

A team that could get results despite horrible displays is a team that is well capable of being the very best in the league. They showed their capabilities last season so why destroy them with selfish & careless comments. Is this strictly about football or some people are making millions off of these transfers??? United remains a business & the management have done very well in terms of supporting Mourinho & providing huge transfer money. There is no excuse in his 3rd year in charge.

Mourinho's job is to defeat opponents on matchday not petty battles with the media who are only earning their own paycheck feeding their target audience. He should stop his pettiness & get back to work!!!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=270174&hilit=mourinho+rumours

If you look at the thread in the link above, when the rumours started i was already sceptical of what the guy would bring to Old Trafford.

The only good thing i hoped he would do was that maybe he would be very ruthless and get rid of gabbage players, and keep his style of bringing in two hard tackling solid defensive midfielders, and replace the whole defence, and that whenever the fans and players get fed up of him, at least in two seasons he would have assembled a pretty solid squad that another manager can easily make to be exciting.

But it's not going well. We can't tell if the board is also at fault. That one also needs a looking into.
And what are about the expensive imports who are difficult to separate from the garbage. I hate referring to players as garbage ..but what has the expensive lot he acquired brought to the team? Ever since Ibra left,the team has looked directionless.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote: And what are about the expensive imports who are difficult to separate from the garbage. I hate referring to players as garbage ..but what has the expensive lot he acquired brought to the team? Ever since Ibra left,the team has looked directionless.
Yes, especially in attack the team has been very directionless for a long time since Ferguson retired, hence you find fans welcoming the rumours of a director of football, because the activities in the transfer market have been directionless too.

If you look at the forwards/attack or whatever you may call it, only Lukaku has a clear cut role as a traditional striker.

Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, there is confusion there, some say Rashford and Martial will flourish as strikers, Sanchez and Mata it's not clear where exactly they can excel, all we know is they are supposed to be good players with at least 10-15 goals in them a season
It doesn't surprise me that United struggles to score goals many a time.

But then again i am no football manager maybe someone else can make them come alive.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Jamie Carragher made some comments about Lindelof which echo what I have said about him here multiple times:

"What has happened at Man Utd in terms of buying two £30m+ centre-backs? I mean Victor Lindelof, I can’t criticise Lindelof because it gets to the stage where I just think he is out of his depth, I actually feel a little bit sorry for him, he should not be playing at this level."

Lindelof's "blooper" reel is growing... Jose paid nearly 40 million for Lindelof (a serious work in progress with many rough edges to his game, who the manager admitted was not ready for the first 11). Lindelof (not Tuanzebe) should have been sent out on loan. Tuanzebe must be sitting somewhere right now wondering how and why he cannot get in the team while Man Utd buy and play a 35 million defender who is not as good as him.

I will say this again - the signing of Lindelof seems really puzzling. All he does is block Tuanzebe's path to the first team.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Jamie Carragher made some comments about Lindelof which echo what I have said about him here multiple times:

"What has happened at Man Utd in terms of buying two £30m+ centre-backs? I mean Victor Lindelof, I can’t criticise Lindelof because it gets to the stage where I just think he is out of his depth, I actually feel a little bit sorry for him, he should not be playing at this level."

Lindelof's "blooper" reel is growing... Jose paid nearly 40 million for Lindelof (a serious work in progress with many rough edges to his game, who the manager admitted was not ready for the first 11). Lindelof (not Tuanzebe) should have been sent out on loan. Tuanzebe must be sitting somewhere right now wondering how and why he cannot get in the team while Man Utd buy and play a 35 million defender who is not as good as him.

I will say this again - the signing of Lindelof seems really puzzling. All he does is block Tuanzebe's path to the first team.
Let's say everyone agrees that Lindelof was a mistake buy.
The board and Mourinho should have sat and agreed to sell/loan to sell fast and get a better replacement.

Everyone makes bad buys, Chelsea have quickly got rid of Bakayoko and got something better.

But to hang on to many such bad buys like Fellaini and being ashamed of moving them on is what makes things harder for United.
If Sanchez is not working out, they should not be ashamed of moving him on as soon as possible.