Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd loan watch:

Tuanzebe has returned to Aston Villa and Fosu-Mensah will spend the season at Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga. Good moves for both of them as it guarantees them a game every week. They are not likely to get games with Valencia, Young, Bailly, Jonesy, Mike Smalling, Lindelof, Mark Red, Shaw, Dalot, and Darmian (what is he still doing at the club?!) ahead of them.

Dalot is a bizarre signing. Unless he is a significant upgrade on Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah (unlikely), spending 17 million on another untested, unproven young defender who will block Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah's path to the first team, seems very strange. Another un-needed signing like Lindelof.

Young GK Sam Johnstone has been transferred to WBA.

Could this be the breakthrough season for young Andreas Pereira?
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Man Utd got offer for Pogba from Barca ? Gomes + Mina + $50m ... That naa insult if true.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wiseone wrote:Man Utd loan watch:

Tuanzebe has returned to Aston Villa and Fosu-Mensah will spend the season at Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga. Good moves for both of them as it guarantees them a game every week. They are not likely to get games with Valencia, Young, Bailly, Jonesy, Mike Smalling, Lindelof, Mark Red, Shaw, Dalot, and Darmian (what is he still doing at the club?!) ahead of them.

Dalot is a bizarre signing. Unless he is a significant upgrade on Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah (unlikely), spending 17 million on another untested, unproven young defender who will block Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah's path to the first team, seems very strange. Another un-needed signing like Lindelof.

Young GK Sam Johnstone has been transferred to WBA.

Could this be the breakthrough season for young Andreas Pereira?
Is there any thought to all the purchases by Man U? No obvious strategic intent. No purchases to address identified needs.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: :lol: Mourinho is a GONER!!

"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

A bit haphazard. Fred/DM was needed to come in for the retired Carrick. Biggest squad reinforcement needs were cover at RB for Tony V and a MOBILE CM. Dalot (young and untested) is not the short-term answer. Ironically the answer to some of Man Utd's squad gaps may be lurking in the youth team. Two of them (Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe) have been sent out on loan. Andreas Pereira may get picked because Matic is injured, and Pogba and Fellaini are on extended post-World Cup break.

wanaj0 wrote: Is there any thought to all the purchases by Man U? No obvious strategic intent. No purchases to address identified needs.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Seems Pogba wants out, everyone getting weary of playing for mourinho these days
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Seems Pogba wants out, everyone getting weary of playing for mourinho these days
really?
where? any quotes?. thanks

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wiseone wrote:A bit haphazard. Fred/DM was needed to come in for the retired Carrick. Biggest squad reinforcement needs were cover at RB for Tony V and a MOBILE CM. Dalot (young and untested) is not the short-term answer. Ironically the answer to some of Man Utd's squad gaps may be lurking in the youth team. Two of them (Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe) have been sent out on loan. Andreas Pereira may get picked because Matic is injured, and Pogba and Fellaini are on extended post-World Cup break.

wanaj0 wrote: Is there any thought to all the purchases by Man U? No obvious strategic intent. No purchases to address identified needs.
Considering how much he has spent of recent, JM should not be complaining. Problem is always buying what he does not need. He may be getting a 'cut' from the various deals!

He is mismanaging the team! He can only motivate 'hungry' players and not stars. He will always fallout with stars with ego.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
for the doom and gloom merchants who lap up everything the msm puts out there

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wanaj0 wrote:
F360 wrote:So I went to DC to attend Juve-Madrid and after the match, I noticed Allegri doesn't really speak English...but he kind of understands questions in English and apparently has been learning English.
Most of the Italian journos think it's just because he wants to communicate better with players but I think that's naive. I truly think he is positioning himself for a job in the Premier League and I can only see one top job most likely opening soon. United.

Hear me out.

Can't you see (Unless Mourinho wins the league this season) if United end up not winning anything and not going for in the CL or worse.. finishing lower than Liverpool in the league this season and Mourinho doing Mourinho things with the media, referees, opposing managers and his own players.... Mourinho and United parting ways. What top manager will be available?
Now consider...Juventus, Allegri will have his best chance to win the CL now he has Cristiano, a stronger backline, (weaker GK though) but if he fails to win it, how much longer will he keep trying at Juve? He has nothing to really gain in winning another Scudetto with them. No point going back to Milan. All the other top teams in Europe have new managers or managers they are happy with for now ...other than United.

Allegri....one of the managers out there to have coaxed the best out of Pogba....making the move to the Premier League and United.

And as for Juve? The return of Zinedine Zidane to manage the squad. More believable than Zidane going to United.

Am I crazy for thinking this or has anyone else thought this could/should happen?
You are right that JM will be out of job soon! United the likely club to drop out of the TOP 4! United may have to beg Alex to come back.
:lol: :lol:

you people are comedians.

United out of Top 4...based on what exactly? press snippets?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

About damn time. This guy has never discovered and nurtured one young talent to greatness.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

theYemster wrote:About damn time. This guy has never discovered and nurtured one young talent to greatness.

:?

did you even read the article?
How many of City's players came through the ranks?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

[quote="tfco"]:clap: :clap: :clap:
for the doom and gloom merchants who lap up everything the msm puts out there

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
[/quote
Its like JM the Donald Trump of football.
Saying the truth about media.
I mean I was thinking beloved finish ahead of Manu from what this media are saying about Jose and Manu.
I mean a team that keep 19 clean sheet last season,did not open nyash to Liverpool,Arsenal etc and even beat City away.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu playing today?Wow EPL kick off today.
Thank God the best league is back with drama and entertainment plus shake shake
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

tfco wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
F360 wrote:So I went to DC to attend Juve-Madrid and after the match, I noticed Allegri doesn't really speak English...but he kind of understands questions in English and apparently has been learning English.
Most of the Italian journos think it's just because he wants to communicate better with players but I think that's naive. I truly think he is positioning himself for a job in the Premier League and I can only see one top job most likely opening soon. United.

Hear me out.

Can't you see (Unless Mourinho wins the league this season) if United end up not winning anything and not going for in the CL or worse.. finishing lower than Liverpool in the league this season and Mourinho doing Mourinho things with the media, referees, opposing managers and his own players.... Mourinho and United parting ways. What top manager will be available?
Now consider...Juventus, Allegri will have his best chance to win the CL now he has Cristiano, a stronger backline, (weaker GK though) but if he fails to win it, how much longer will he keep trying at Juve? He has nothing to really gain in winning another Scudetto with them. No point going back to Milan. All the other top teams in Europe have new managers or managers they are happy with for now ...other than United.

Allegri....one of the managers out there to have coaxed the best out of Pogba....making the move to the Premier League and United.

And as for Juve? The return of Zinedine Zidane to manage the squad. More believable than Zidane going to United.

Am I crazy for thinking this or has anyone else thought this could/should happen?
You are right that JM will be out of job soon! United the likely club to drop out of the TOP 4! United may have to beg Alex to come back.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Have to say I couldn't agree more with you.

Its almost like football is being decided by how many players you sign or how many useless pre-season games you win.

Its just plain ridiculous!

And btw, I'm not buying Jose's "woe is me" act...I suspect United is far more ready than he is letting on...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
tfco wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Hear me out.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Its almost like football is being decided by how many players you sign or how many useless pre-season games you win.

And btw, I'm not buying Jose's "woe is me" act...I suspect United is far more ready than he is letting on...
Of course United is. This is just an act and anyone buying it should go get his head examined.

However, it is quite amusing that some of the same clowns that made fun of Conte last year for claiming he did not get support in the transfer market are shockingly quiet now that Mourinho is moaning all over the place about pretty much the same thing. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

tfco wrote:
theYemster wrote:About damn time. This guy has never discovered and nurtured one young talent to greatness.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
It's not about City... it's about ManU telling him to focus on developing the in-house talents. Yes I read it. But as usual you see anything United and you automatically develop a hissy fit and go on the defensive.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:
tfco wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Hear me out.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Of course United is. This is just an act and anyone buying it should go get his head examined.

However, it is quite amusing that some of the same clowns that made fun of Conte last year for claiming he did not get support in the transfer market are shockingly quiet now that Mourinho is moaning all over the place about pretty much the same thing. :lol:
You don't get 'READY' for the season by creating turmoil in the camp. You can't be berating your players at every turn and expect them to turn up for you.

It is easier to sack the coach than do away with many the players! Martial and Pogba cannot be happy with his statements. How will he now count on such players.

JM has signed enough players. Maybe he was signing the wrong players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
It's not about City... it's about ManU telling him to focus on developing the in-house talents. Yes I read it. But as usual you see anything United and you automatically develop a hissy fit and go on the defensive.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

theYemster wrote:
tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

you posted a very poorly written piece with NO quotes...just conjecture; and now you're wondering why it's being questioned lol
Jose gave academy players more minutes than any of the Top 6 teams, so right off the bat the report is junk
(Lingard, Rashford, McTominay)

United desperately needs a LB and RB, but hey, let's just c/p an article from a rag paper

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote: However, it is quite amusing that some of the same clowns that made fun of Conte last year for claiming he did not get support in the transfer market are shockingly quiet now that Mourinho is moaning all over the place about pretty much the same thing. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

why not go and complain in the Chelsea season thread then

If you recall last year, the major gripe with Conte, from his fans, was the sale of one Diego Costa.
Even neutrals like you saw the mumuness with that sale...and the eventual replacement

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Pogba captains your season opener.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:
tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16