Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:Just find a manager to play attacking football and all will be well
Ok oooo. Wenger is available :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:Just find a manager to play attacking football and all will be well
Ok oooo. Wenger is available :taunt: :taunt:
As funny as you make it be, Wenger will be a good fit for them compare to Jose,Wenger never had the players at emirate to win but at Manu with the board that like to win,Wenger will win them titles and even go all season unbeaten..lol
They will be better than City....lol
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kako wrote:
oloye wrote:When.a.coach goes on.pre-season and spends it trashing his team, i wonder what he expects of the same team.during the season.
This! :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap:

always good to back up your lies...with receipts

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

tfco wrote:
Kako wrote:
oloye wrote:When.a.coach goes on.pre-season and spends it trashing his team, i wonder what he expects of the same team.during the season.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Definitely. It's very easy to provide receipts when talking about Mourinho.
I was there when Mourinho trashed Bailly's leadership qualities...after the Liverpool match in Michigan.
This was also after he'd decided rather than congratulate Pogba on the WC win(to the media...since we know Mou loves to use the media for his gain) he decided to say this--- http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... d-cup-form
Then he criticized Martial for not returning immediately after the birth of his son. --http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... ld-be-here
Fair to criticize him for taking extra time but Mourinho knew he didn't have to do it in public. He decided to say it to the media ...essentially criticizing Martial in public. What good did that serve? Did that make Martial respect him more or want to impress him? Doubtful.

Also, the clip you posted was after the Madrid match in Miami iirc. That's when United were short on established 1st team players available to train. So of course he praised all the ones that were able to participate in that match. If he didn't then I would imagine they'd have been even more furious than they all appeared in the mixed zone post match.

--------------------------------------------
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

F360 wrote:
tfco wrote:
Kako wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Definitely. It's very easy to provide receipts when talking about Mourinho.
I was there when Mourinho trashed Bailly's leadership qualities...after the Liverpool match in Michigan.
This was also after he'd decided rather than congratulate Pogba on the WC win(to the media...since we know Mou loves to use the media for his gain) he decided to say this--- http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... d-cup-form
Then he criticized Martial for not returning immediately after the birth of his son. --http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... ld-be-here
Fair to criticize him for taking extra time but Mourinho knew he didn't have to do it in public. He decided to say it to the media ...essentially criticizing Martial in public. What good did that serve? Did that make Martial respect him more or want to impress him? Doubtful.

Also, the clip you posted was after the Madrid match in Miami iirc. That's when United were short on established 1st team players available to train. So of course he praised all the ones that were able to participate in that match. If he didn't then I would imagine they'd have been even more furious than they all appeared in the mixed zone post match.
Why waste your time on someone who has his head buried so far down it is impossible for him to see clearly. Only a see no evil hear no evil will claim they do not know how he trashed Bailey and never heard of the famous remark ' this is not my team.....' when he was saying the players with him for the pre-season were not good enough.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

everything Mourinho says about his players are out in the open, only lazy people here will think otherwise, look what he did to Luke shaw last season! now he has fallen out with valencia, one of our top defenders for years, same with Sanchez, why will he play the scot man in defence when bailly is fit? How can bailly turn from one of the premiership best defenders into mediocre, how is this possible? Look at the Rashford/martial before Sanchez came to upset the balance, martial scoring for fun, that Mourinho wanted him out is a criminal offence to say the least!

Of course he tried it with Pogba even dropping him for some games last season, after the world cup, Mourinho knew he was fighting a losing battle, trying to embarras him in front of the TV cameras was juvenile and amounts to bullying when a closed door meeting could have been sufficient

Mourinho uses the media to his advantage, we all know this, the same rules should apply to his players as well, right now morale is at an all time low at old trafford, latest reports is Pogba vowing to leave united in january if Mourinho stays in the job

Sanchez is even questioning Mourinho tactics lol, Mourinho is even vowing never to play him again

If i did not know any better, Mourinho is looking for a pay out, the club might not be so keen on giving him a 12 million pound pay off so rather wait till united cannot achieve a top 4 finish as required in Mourinho contract, then they will not have to pay that much

if this is their line of thinking, expect more defeats, major fall outs, the players might even openly revolt, there is even talk of a select band of players refusing to play under him

The board know they are in a huge mess, they are seriously hoping for a turn around of results but this will not happen

I just hope tonight, the players try to win because its the champions league but i am not so sure they will give 100% tonight
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:everything Mourinho says about his players are out in the open, only lazy people here will think otherwise, look what he did to Luke shaw last season! now he has fallen out with valencia, one of our top defenders for years, same with Sanchez, why will he play the scot man in defence when bailly is fit? How can bailly turn from one of the premiership best defenders into mediocre, how is this possible? Look at the Rashford/martial before Sanchez came to upset the balance, martial scoring for fun, that Mourinho wanted him out is a criminal offence to say the least!

Of course he tried it with Pogba even dropping him for some games last season, after the world cup, Mourinho knew he was fighting a losing battle, trying to embarras him in front of the TV cameras was juvenile and amounts to bullying when a closed door meeting could have been sufficient

Mourinho uses the media to his advantage, we all know this, the same rules should apply to his players as well, right now morale is at an all time low at old trafford, latest reports is Pogba vowing to leave united in january if Mourinho stays in the job

Sanchez is even questioning Mourinho tactics lol, Mourinho is even vowing never to play him again

If i did not know any better, Mourinho is looking for a pay out, the club might not be so keen on giving him a 12 million pound pay off so rather wait till united cannot achieve a top 4 finish as required in Mourinho contract, then they will not have to pay that much

if this is their line of thinking, expect more defeats, major fall outs, the players might even openly revolt, there is even talk of a select band of players refusing to play under him

The board know they are in a huge mess, they are seriously hoping for a turn around of results but this will not happen

I just hope tonight, the players try to win because its the champions league but i am not so sure they will give 100% tonight
If what you say in bold is true, then again it shows that the Glazers and their board are running United very poorly.
They have allowed a toxic environment to develop and persist in the club, they have an unhappy manager who implied that he was misled when hired and is actually only a head coach, there are unhappy players, an unhappy fanbase, a very big wage bill which does not match achievements, and the club is still saddled with the debt they imposed on it when they mortgaged it to banks.
Otherwise that club would still be generating huge financial interest and returns with or without them, it was already a financial powerhouse long before they came and sunk their paws in.

One thing to watch is how they will solve this whole issue and to check if they do their homework next time they hire a new manager to replace Mourinho. It's about time they get things right.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:everything Mourinho says about his players are out in the open, only lazy people here will think otherwise, look what he did to Luke shaw last season! now he has fallen out with valencia, one of our top defenders for years, same with Sanchez, why will he play the scot man in defence when bailly is fit? How can bailly turn from one of the premiership best defenders into mediocre, how is this possible? Look at the Rashford/martial before Sanchez came to upset the balance, martial scoring for fun, that Mourinho wanted him out is a criminal offence to say the least!

If what you say in bold is true, then again it shows that the Glazers and their board are running United very poorly.
They have allowed a toxic environment to develop and persist in the club, they have an unhappy manager who implied that he was misled when hired and is actually only a head coach, there are unhappy players, an unhappy fanbase, a very big wage bill which does not match achievements, and the club is still saddled with the debt they imposed on it when they mortgaged it to banks.
Otherwise that club would still be generating huge financial interest and returns with or without them, it was already a financial powerhouse long before they came and sunk their paws in.

One thing to watch is how they will solve this whole issue and to check if they do their homework next time they hire a new manager to replace Mourinho. It's about time they get things right.
The buy from the glazers is now proving to be a disaster, united was doing fabulous and would have continued to do so, right now the club has sunk to its lowest levels ever but the board are still hoping for things to turn around, get a few good results, all is well, this time, things have gone really out of hand, i dont think it has gone beyound repair, however i think drastic decisions need to be made now to arrest the decline, This is the sort of crap you associate with mid-level clubs not one of the richest clubs in the world

Its either they call a team meeting with the manager where everyone is allowed to air their views without fear of persecution but i dont think Mourinho will allow this as his short comings will be well exposed and will leave him with no alternatives than quit

he surely knows the end game is around the corner, the west ham game was supposed to be where he was finally relieved but the board are still playing dumb or living in 'hope'

I dont like players throwing away games, we have an important game tonight and i hope they do everything possible to win, if the players decide to use this game to prove a point to the board, sorry it will be a disaster at home tonight! that is my fear!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Great points about the increased competitiveness of the EPL these days. The cash injection by oligarchs into Chelsea, Man City, and Liverpool has provided an antidote to Man Utd's commercial success. Plus Spurs are stronger, and even teams at the bottom of the league can afford 35 million pound international strikers who play for teams that reached the World Cup semi-final.
benteke wrote: When Ferguson was around, he had Arsenal only to worry about, and in the later years Chelsea of Abramovich.
But once City started raising it's head, Manchester United didn't adjust and rebuild fast enough, Fergie kept laughing them off as noisy neighbours, as they started to challenge for the title and look dangerous.
After Ferguson left, you now have a stronger Spurs, a resurgent Liverpool, City is now a regular title winner, Arsenal is also starting to find it's feet under the new manager. And some troublesome midtable teams who are no longer scared of coming to Old Trafford and upsetting the applecart.
And all United has been doing is knee jerk transfers and manager appointments since Ferguson retired.

It's not a decline from the Fergie times as such, there are some small improvements in personell here and there.
But other top teams have caught up very fast in terms of organisation on and off the pitch, some like City are actually overtaking and pulling away.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Great points about the increased competitiveness of the EPL these days. The cash injection by oligarchs into Chelsea, Man City, and Liverpool has provided an antidote to Man Utd's commercial success. Plus Spurs are stronger, and even teams at the bottom of the league can afford 35 million pound international strikers who play for teams that reached the World Cup semi-final.
benteke wrote: When Ferguson was around, he had Arsenal only to worry about, and in the later years Chelsea of Abramovich.
But once City started raising it's head, Manchester United didn't adjust and rebuild fast enough, Fergie kept laughing them off as noisy neighbours, as they started to challenge for the title and look dangerous.
After Ferguson left, you now have a stronger Spurs, a resurgent Liverpool, City is now a regular title winner, Arsenal is also starting to find it's feet under the new manager. And some troublesome midtable teams who are no longer scared of coming to Old Trafford and upsetting the applecart.
And all United has been doing is knee jerk transfers and manager appointments since Ferguson retired.

It's not a decline from the Fergie times as such, there are some small improvements in personell here and there.
But other top teams have caught up very fast in terms of organisation on and off the pitch, some like City are actually overtaking and pulling away.
yes football her certainly changed for the better, the lesser teams are playing fantastic football these days and can beat the top teams on their day, i think increased competition is good for the premiership eventhough the cream always rises to the top, so you will always find City, Arsenal, liverpool, united, chelsea,spurs in the top 6 in no specific order

yes United have made some mistakes in the hiring process, so far its been hit and miss, Moyes was foistered on united by Ferguson, he saw the fellow scots man as the heir to his throne without looking at his track record

Mourinho was a gamble which certainly has not paid off, Mourinho strategy is to coach the big teams with a huge war chest, just come in and fine tune and its business as usual, when he has to build teams for the future, sorry that is certainly not his strong points, he does not have time for grooming future talents, never has, never will

right now it is a failed project, He no longer has the confidence of the players, the board can sit on and watch proceedings, it will not get any better, those players he has criticised and made them lose self confidence will never help him keep his job, its just a matter of when, tonight match will be eagerly watched, lose again, dont think the board will sit there and be quiet

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:you guys just need to sack Mourinho and bring back Sir Alex. I am a Man U hater, but this team is sad to watch.
Trust me, you can't be a hater and come up with this. You're a pretender. Hating is PURE hating. You should be rolling on the floor and praying long may it continue. Like Fox News, you're a FAKE hater :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:you guys just need to sack Mourinho and bring back Sir Alex. I am a Man U hater, but this team is sad to watch.
Trust me, you can't be a hater and come up with this. You're a pretender. Hating is PURE hating. You should be rolling on the floor and praying long may I continue. Like Fox News, you're a FAKE hater :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess some of us are not natural haters - the day I realized that my hating na FAKE was when United whooped Arsenal 8-2. It just didn't feel right at all!!! Then that day when Bayern Munich totally destroyed them in the champions league 10-2 aggregate. It was like someone died - then I saw Prof Wenger's face! Meeen, real haters na strong people. My own no reach that level :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YemiBrazil wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Trust me, you can't be a hater and come up with this. You're a pretender. Hating is PURE hating. You should be rolling on the floor and praying long may I continue. Like Fox News, you're a FAKE hater :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess some of us are not natural haters - the day I realized that my hating na FAKE was when United whooped Arsenal 8-2. It just didn't feel right at all!!! Then that day when Bayern Munich totally destroyed them in the champions league 10-2 aggregate. It was like someone died - then I saw Prof Wenger's face! Meeen, real haters na strong people. My own no reach that level :mrgreen:
Dem comot me from "The Pure Haters Brotherhood". I was a rising star. When it comes to Arsenal hating I was the Saul of the Brotherhood. I devised new ways of hating. I was loved, looked up to. I had the women chasing me. Then Christianity happened. I went "mushy peas" overnight. The fall was rapid and sudden. I figured I cannot justify to God why I should pray for a doctor or a lawyer to fail in their career so why I'm I wishing it on those who play football as their career?

Now I just pray for my team to win and only laughs when the others lose --- yeah I know but it's unchristian to laugh at others misfortune but a lifetime of hating takes a while to ....

I sometimes crave the good old hating days. Last season was a bumper Arsenal hating harvest, but I managed to resist the devil, but he got me once or twice to fornicate with Arsenalfan TV. God forgive me, it was debauchery I enjoyed immensely. Anyways, please pray for me. The urge to come back stronger than ever is really pushing me, so far I'm resisting ....but .... :twisted:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

In last 9 years #MUFC have had an incredible £1.6 bln cash: operating activities £1.3 bln plus £318m share issue. £653m has been spent on players and £91m on infrastructure, but £784m used to finance Glazers’ investment: £461m interest, £248m debt repayments & £75m dividends.

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

pajimoh wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Dem comot me from "The Pure Haters Brotherhood". I was a rising star. When it comes to Arsenal hating I was the Saul of the Brotherhood. I devised new ways of hating. I was loved, looked up to. I had the women chasing me. Then Christianity happened. I went "mushy peas" overnight. The fall was rapid and sudden. I figured I cannot justify to God why I should pray for a doctor or a lawyer to fail in their career so why I'm I wishing it on those who play football as their career?

Now I just pray for my team to win and only laughs when the others lose --- yeah I know but it's unchristian to laugh at others misfortune but a lifetime of hating takes a while to ....

I sometimes crave the good old hating days. Last season was a bumper Arsenal hating harvest, but I managed to resist the devil, but he got me once or twice to fornicate with Arsenalfan TV. God forgive me, it was debauchery I enjoyed immensely. Anyways, please pray for me. The urge to come back stronger than ever is really pushing me, so far I'm resisting ....but .... :twisted:
I feel the same way. Especially when it comes to Arsenal and sometimes Chelsea.
With City and Liverpool maybe my hating has eased slightly but it's still more than I have for Arsenal and Chelsea.

--------------------------------------------
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

No Game Thread Lads? :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Really scary that 43% of Man Utd's expenditure is on debt repayments and interest. When added to player purchases, that means the club spends 83% of expenditure on 2 purposes alone.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wiseone wrote:Really scary that 43% of Man Utd's expenditure is on debt repayments and interest. When added to player purchases, that means the club spends 83% of expenditure on 2 purposes alone.
The cost of staying on top.
The problem is letting bankers meddle in football matters.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Next couple of fixtures will not be easy, they only add more pressure to perform.

Newcastle (H)
Chelsea (A)
Juventus (H)
Everton (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Man City (A)
Juventus (A)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Really scary that 43% of Man Utd's expenditure is on debt repayments and interest. When added to player purchases, that means the club spends 83% of expenditure on 2 purposes alone.
The club has spent more on financing the Glazers' investment than on player purchases.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The Glazers used Man United's money to own Man United. A very neat trick. A legal 4 wan Naine
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

What is going on at Manure/ Valencia "liking" Maurinho must go post? :shock: :scared:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:What is going on at Manure/ Valencia "liking" Maurinho must go post? :shock: :scared:

Look at how fat United players look, see.Valencia,then you look at Lukaku another fat one. Do they train in that club?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho