Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 237  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10719
So we have simultaneously become the richest, and most indebted, club in the world: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/06/footb ... index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7116
wiseone wrote:
So we have simultaneously become the richest, and most indebted, club in the world: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/06/footb ... index.html


It is my understanding that the debt is kept at a certain level deliberately in order to get some tax breaks elsewhere and what not.
Don't know how it works with interests etc.
They say it's a different kind of capitalism, otherwise they could have strived to pay back the full debt at once if it was really detrimental.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10719
I do not know which kind of tax breaks justify keeping nearly half a billion of debt on the club. The debt increased 25% in the last year alone, and nearly equals this year's record breaking profits of over 500 million. Man Utd debt is more than 200 million greater than Europe's next most indebted club (Benfica).

"While debt levels across the continent have decreased each year for the past five years - something Uefa puts down to its financial fair play regulations - United's has grown by 25 per cent in the past year alone."


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/manch ... 23761.html

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:
So we have simultaneously become the richest, and most indebted, club in the world: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/06/footb ... index.html


It is my understanding that the debt is kept at a certain level deliberately in order to get some tax breaks elsewhere and what not.
Don't know how it works with interests etc.
They say it's a different kind of capitalism, otherwise they could have strived to pay back the full debt at once if it was really detrimental.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7116
wiseone wrote:
I do not know which kind of tax breaks justify keeping nearly half a billion of debt on the club. The debt increased 25% in the last year alone, and nearly equals this year's record breaking profits of over 500 million. Man Utd debt is more than 200 million greater than Europe's next most indebted club (Benfica).

"While debt levels across the continent have decreased each year for the past five years - something Uefa puts down to its financial fair play regulations - United's has grown by 25 per cent in the past year alone."


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/manch ... 23761.html

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:
So we have simultaneously become the richest, and most indebted, club in the world: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/06/footb ... index.html


It is my understanding that the debt is kept at a certain level deliberately in order to get some tax breaks elsewhere and what not.
Don't know how it works with interests etc.
They say it's a different kind of capitalism, otherwise they could have strived to pay back the full debt at once if it was really detrimental.


Remember the debt has always been around that level ever since the Glazers did their leveraged buyout.
It was around £500million in 2005, which sounds a lot scarier than 500million in 2017 due to inflation reasons.
The debt actually reached around 700million in 2010

That may be one reason to explain Fergie not spending after Ronaldo was sold.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7116
Manchester United unlikely to offer Zlatan Ibrahimovic a new contract at Old Trafford, according to Sky sources.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 42162
benteke wrote:
Manchester United unlikely to offer Zlatan Ibrahimovic a new contract at Old Trafford, according to Sky sources.

Football is a biatch..before the injury they were begfing him to extend his stay......

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7116
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
Manchester United unlikely to offer Zlatan Ibrahimovic a new contract at Old Trafford, according to Sky sources.

Football is a biatch..before the injury they were begfing him to extend his stay......


I have mixed feelings.
Zlatan indeed helped United win the League Cup.
And United's season was trundling along when he was fit and scoring, once he got injured i suspected that finishing in the top 4 was over.
He was unlucky, but i don't think he was ever a long term solution, due to his age.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44185
Location: Akoko Highlands
I hope Conte sends a text message to Ibra. :)

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:02 am
Posts: 3
It's a shame they finished sixth place with their budget.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 25341
Location: london
Zlatan is not the answer man united needs, we need a long term solution

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 12466
Location: ODODOBIOBIO CONSTITUENCY
Zlatan released! :arrow: :scared: Movic is expected to miss the first five months of the season recovering from knee surgery, and with no prospect of him being back to full fitness until January, José Mourinho has apparently agreed with the club's board that paying 300,000 pounds a week to renew the player's contract makes no financial sense :ohmy:

_________________
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7116
Senator WIRES wrote:
Zlatan released! :arrow: :scared: Movic is expected to miss the first five months of the season recovering from knee surgery, and with no prospect of him being back to full fitness until January, José Mourinho has apparently agreed with the club's board that paying 300,000 pounds a week to renew the player's contract makes no financial sense :ohmy:



Apparently he will be allowed to make a full recovery with United, and may get an extension although that's unlikely.

The good news here is that this definitely means a new striker is coming :thumbs:
Don't know if that would be good news for Martial and Rashford though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44185
Location: Akoko Highlands
benteke wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
Zlatan released! :arrow: :scared: Movic is expected to miss the first five months of the season recovering from knee surgery, and with no prospect of him being back to full fitness until January, José Mourinho has apparently agreed with the club's board that paying 300,000 pounds a week to renew the player's contract makes no financial sense :ohmy:



Apparently he will be allowed to make a full recovery with United, and may get an extension although that's unlikely.

The good news here is that this definitely means a new striker is coming :thumbs:
Don't know if that would be good news for Martial and Rashford though.



Morata @ 73M.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7116
balo wrote:
benteke wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
Zlatan released! :arrow: :scared: Movic is expected to miss the first five months of the season recovering from knee surgery, and with no prospect of him being back to full fitness until January, José Mourinho has apparently agreed with the club's board that paying 300,000 pounds a week to renew the player's contract makes no financial sense :ohmy:



Apparently he will be allowed to make a full recovery with United, and may get an extension although that's unlikely.

The good news here is that this definitely means a new striker is coming :thumbs:
Don't know if that would be good news for Martial and Rashford though.



Morata @ 73M.



I will only believe this if it comes from danfo driver :taunt: :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75207
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Ibra.

conquered the best league a the grand old age of 33

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10719
35

tfco wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Ibra.

conquered the best league a the grand old age of 33


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7116
Victor Lindelof announced by United.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9789
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:
benteke wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
Zlatan released! :arrow: :scared: Movic is expected to miss the first five months of the season recovering from knee surgery, and with no prospect of him being back to full fitness until January, José Mourinho has apparently agreed with the club's board that paying 300,000 pounds a week to renew the player's contract makes no financial sense :ohmy:



Apparently he will be allowed to make a full recovery with United, and may get an extension although that's unlikely.

The good news here is that this definitely means a new striker is coming :thumbs:
Don't know if that would be good news for Martial and Rashford though.



Morata @ 73M.



I will only believe this if it comes from danfo driver :taunt: :biggrin:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A very reliable source says you guys have agreed the fee + personal terms for Morata, with his medical scheduled next week. He also claims you guys are trying to also buy Belotti (so, two strikers).

However, Mourinho usually uses Duncan Castles to leak news. And so far, Castles hasnt commented on any United transfers.He didnt even say zilch about Griezmann. its like he has been specifically told not to comment on anything. I wonder why.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9789
benteke wrote:
Victor Lindelof announced by United.


For the amount you guys are paying for him, its going to be a bloody steal! Van Dijk is being pursued by many for 60 million pounds, and United has secured this guy for 30 million pounds! Wow! Just like Bailly, I wonder what some clubs are doing rushing to pay overrated sums for players who have "famous names," while players who are actually better are out there.

Lindelof is a modern day CB. My favorite part of his game is that he is so good with the ball at his feet. He has excellent passing ability from the back. You watch him and forget he is a CB, because he passes like a number 10 :clap: :clap:.

Just a clip showing her good he is at his feet:
https://twitter.com/utdcover/status/873672887852511233

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Last edited by danfo driver on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9789
Oh! Also keep an eye on Fabinho.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10719
Lindelof joining Man Utd = the end of the road for Mike and/or Jonesy. Neither of them is a bad player, but their careers have been held back by their fragile bodies and inability to get through a run of games without breaking down. It has been like this for 6 years with those two.

Sentimentally perhaps, I was hoping Man U would bring Michael Keane back to the club. In a way he is a 'safer' option that Lindelof because Keane already knows the club, league, country, and city. He would have no issues fitting in and going back to the club and city where he grew up. It would be like a reunion for him to play alongside the guys he won youth trophies with like Pogba and Lingard, then rejoin other former team-mates like De Gea, Tony V, Carrick, Wazza, Young etc. No matter how good he is, we have no idea how a foreign player will adjust to moving (with his family?) to a new country where the weather, culture, food, and social life is totally alien to him. At least Keane would not have those issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44185
Location: Akoko Highlands
Man U cleared in Pogba transfer deal.


http://kwese.espn.com/football/manchest ... e-juventus

Man United cleared over Pogba transfer; FIFA will investigate Juventus


Manchester United have been cleared of any wrongdoing over Paul Pogba's transfer but disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Juventus, FIFA have confirmed.

World football's governing body announced in May they had asked United and Juventus for clarification on all aspects of Pogba's £89.3 million move to Old Trafford last summer.

It came after reports the Frenchman's agent, Mino Raiola, will earn more £41 million from the world record deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

United insisted at the time they were relaxed about the investigation after supplying all the relevant documents when the transfer was completed in August.

FIFA have now confirmed they will face no further action.

However, disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Juventus. It is understood Raiola's agreement with the Serie A side could have breached third-party ownership rules.

If they are found guilty, the Italian champions, who also reached the Champions League final, could be hit with a punishment; possibilities range from a fine to a transfer ban.

A FIFA spokesman said: "We can confirm that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Juventus FC. We cannot comment further as proceedings are ongoing. We can confirm that no disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Manchester United."

Pogba scored nine goals in 51 games last season after returning to Old Trafford from Juventus and led United to a Europa League and EFL Cup double. He had moved to Turin in 2012 after making just seven first-team appearances during his first spell at United.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 42162
wiseone wrote:
Lindelof joining Man Utd = the end of the road for Mike and/or Jonesy. Neither of them is a bad player, but their careers have been held back by their fragile bodies and inability to get through a run of games without breaking down. It has been like this for 6 years with those two.

Sentimentally perhaps, I was hoping Man U would bring Michael Keane back to the club. In a way he is a 'safer' option that Lindelof because Keane already knows the club, league, country, and city. He would have no issues fitting in and going back to the club and city where he grew up. It would be like a reunion for him to play alongside the guys he won youth trophies with like Pogba and Lingard, then rejoin other former team-mates like De Gea, Tony V, Carrick, Wazza, Young etc. No matter how good he is, we have no idea how a foreign player will adjust to moving (with his family?) to a new country where the weather, culture, food, and social life is totally alien to him. At least Keane would not have those issues.

Michael Keane....another english hype! Had a good season at what club again? A kwe kwe club. It is easy to shine in those clubs if you are a keeper or defender.... Football has moved on past these english boys.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 237  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coach, Flex Swift, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group