Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 309  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:47 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43432
oluphemmie007 wrote:
Oloye da. Bros, shebi u don see how to park bus take grab win now.

Baba Femo, dont worry when it gets ugly , i go dey here :lol: ..

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
Yesterday's line-up v Benfica gave little clues about Jose's likely tactical approach against Chelsea this coming weekend. Jose left out Tony V, Jonesy, Ashley Young, and Andrew Smith. I think there is a 99% chance that all 4 players will start against Chelsea.

Smith's omission from the starting 11 (rather than Matic who needed the rest more after playing every single league and Champions League game this season) was a intriguing. Smith has been sitting on the bench most of the season and came into the side only because of injuries to Pogba and Fellaini. Why would Jose go to such lengths to rest a player who is the 3rd choice option in his position?

I think this indicates that Smith will reactivate the man marking job he did on Hazard last season when Man Utd beat Chelsea 2-0, and that Young will play on the left hand side. Get ready for Jose to roll out the "Back Six" again and the queue of luxury buses...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
Jonesy injured (again) along with Carrick and Bailly. However good news with Mark Red and Zlatan back in the same game after both of them suffered knee ligament injuries in the same game too.

Struck me that even with 3 injuries, Man Utd's bench against Newcastle looked very strong with Zlatan, Red, Andrew Smith, Shaw, Fellaini, Lingard and Romero. Mourinho had the luxury of leaving Blind, Darmian, and Mkhi out of the squad completely.


Last edited by wiseone on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26183
Location: london
We better have bailly and jones fit against city

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 76044
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Top of CL group

2nd in the Prem

PP is back, Rojo too

We need Eric back soonest. This Smalling no dey fill me with confide

Watford game on Tuesday will be a real test

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26183
Location: london
Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 29929
^And is it still racist to consider Lukaku's first touch reminiscent of Titus Bramble in the Moulin Rouge.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36971
marko wrote:
Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options

Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.
When are you guys playing City?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23824
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options

Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.
When are you guys playing City?

In 3 games :D. Must See TV. The noisy neighbors are coming... The noisy neighbors are coming :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:26 am
Posts: 5239
Location: Oke Langbodo
spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options

Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.
When are you guys playing City?

In 3 games :D. Must See TV. The noisy neighbors are coming... The noisy neighbors are coming :thumbs:

The noisy neighbors are coming on a BUS :mrgreen:

_________________
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26183
Location: london
Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
Lindelof is the dodgy one more than Smalling. Cannot believe Man Utd paid 35m for a player with that many rough edges to his game. The youngster Tuanzebe (a youth team player) looks more composed than him. Behold the work of Lindelof:

Lindelof's "performance" for Sweden against Holland... He committed a Sunday football style error. He tried to clear the ball and accidentally booted the ball onto his hand inside his own penalty area! (I kid you not) :shock: He gave away a penalty and a goal.

He is really a WIP. If Man Utd wanted a defender with lots of room to improve, they could have just groomed Tuanzebe rather than paying nearly 40 million for a defender that needs remoulding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RmGYAt-C4

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -Cup-video

tfco wrote:
Top of CL group

2nd in the Prem

PP is back, Rojo too

We need Eric back soonest. This Smalling no dey fill me with confide

Watford game on Tuesday will be a real test


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13132
marko wrote:
Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes


LIES!! Thank God I am old enough to have watched Ferguson play Oshea and Fletcher in midfield, with Rafael and Park as Wingers, with Phil Jones as a RB in a bruising 4-4-2. :lol: You think we were born yesterday, and you can come and lie as you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11125
Small shout out for Carras16 who is probably playing his last season for MUFC. The club announced last week that he has been out of the team the past 3 months because he underwent treatment for an irregular heartbeat. He is back in training but not at match fitness yet. Probably the end of the road for him as he is 36, already had his testimonial, has a beautiful wife and family, and Mourinho and the board have offered him a position on the coaching staff.

If it is indeed his final season - well done Carras. Just a shame that some England managers did not realise what an excellent quarterback regista you were/are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36971
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes


LIES!! Thank God I am old enough to have watched Ferguson play Oshea and Fletcher in midfield, with Rafael and Park as Wingers, with Phil Jones as a RB in a bruising 4-4-2. :lol: You think we were born yesterday, and you can come and lie as you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You catch him right hand,Sir Alex did not play this kind football but trust Manu fan to lie just because City has move ahead of them.Sir Alex had it easy because City was crap and c.u.r.s.e just like spurs before Arab people bless the C.U.R.S.E.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36971
spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options

Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.
When are you guys playing City?

In 3 games :D. Must See TV. The noisy neighbors are coming... The noisy neighbors are coming :thumbs:

Wow hope beloved win and allow the 2 Manchester fight it out.Chai good football every week


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7319
Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

This surely is a major thing affecting United. Those are very important players


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 25034
benteke wrote:
Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

This surely is a major thing affecting United. Those are very important players


Whatever........................JUST GO & PARK THE DAMN BUS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Park the bus, park the bus I say
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Playing football the Mourinho way


_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7319
zee wrote:
benteke wrote:
Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

This surely is a major thing affecting United. Those are very important players


Whatever........................JUST GO & PARK THE DAMN BUS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Park the bus, park the bus I say
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Playing football the Mourinho way







Neville: United’s recruitment ‘all over the place’
Date published: Monday 18th December 2017 11:19

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United’s recruitment policy, highlighting that seven of the 11 starters on West Brom on Sunday remain from Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign.

Ferguson retired in 2013, since when David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have spent in excess of £600million on recruitment.

But many of their big signings, including Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have flopped, and Neville has hit out at the club’s “disjointed” approach.

“If you look at that back five today then they were all there when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the club,” said Neville on Sky Sports before United’s 2-1 win at West Brom.

“They’ve signed eight defenders in the last four or five years and not one of them is in the team today.

“You’ve got Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and David de Gea and you obviously have Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, who were also at the club as well, so seven out of that 11 were there five years ago.

“The recruitment has not been good enough in the previous five years. It’s been disjointed with David Moyes coming in, then they flipped upwards towards Louis van Gaal and then backwards with Mourinho in terms of the profile of players.

“It hasn’t been good enough, the recruitment, it’s been all over the place and you can see still quite a lot of the players in that squad have been at the club for a long time.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46847
Coach wrote:
^And is it still racist to consider Lukaku's first touch reminiscent of Titus Bramble in the Moulin Rouge.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46847
benteke wrote:
zee wrote:
benteke wrote:
Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

This surely is a major thing affecting United. Those are very important players


Whatever........................JUST GO & PARK THE DAMN BUS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Park the bus, park the bus I say
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Playing football the Mourinho way







Neville: United’s recruitment ‘all over the place’
Date published: Monday 18th December 2017 11:19

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United’s recruitment policy, highlighting that seven of the 11 starters on West Brom on Sunday remain from Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign.

Ferguson retired in 2013, since when David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have spent in excess of £600million on recruitment.

But many of their big signings, including Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have flopped, and Neville has hit out at the club’s “disjointed” approach.

“If you look at that back five today then they were all there when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the club,” said Neville on Sky Sports before United’s 2-1 win at West Brom.

“They’ve signed eight defenders in the last four or five years and not one of them is in the team today.

“You’ve got Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and David de Gea and you obviously have Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, who were also at the club as well, so seven out of that 11 were there five years ago.

“The recruitment has not been good enough in the previous five years. It’s been disjointed with David Moyes coming in, then they flipped upwards towards Louis van Gaal and then backwards with Mourinho in terms of the profile of players.

“It hasn’t been good enough, the recruitment, it’s been all over the place and you can see still quite a lot of the players in that squad have been at the club for a long time.”



Paid 600 million pounds "raheem sterling" for $#% on a stick. :lol: :lol: :lol: and some of you have the effrontery to talk about City's spending. smh

anyway, plenty plenty games still dey. As a lot of you love to point out, unlike NDL, the "EPL is not won in December" :lol:

#cosign

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7319
metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:
zee wrote:
benteke wrote:
Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

This surely is a major thing affecting United. Those are very important players


Whatever........................JUST GO & PARK THE DAMN BUS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Park the bus, park the bus I say
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Playing football the Mourinho way







Neville: United’s recruitment ‘all over the place’
Date published: Monday 18th December 2017 11:19

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United’s recruitment policy, highlighting that seven of the 11 starters on West Brom on Sunday remain from Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign.

Ferguson retired in 2013, since when David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have spent in excess of £600million on recruitment.

But many of their big signings, including Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have flopped, and Neville has hit out at the club’s “disjointed” approach.

“If you look at that back five today then they were all there when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the club,” said Neville on Sky Sports before United’s 2-1 win at West Brom.

“They’ve signed eight defenders in the last four or five years and not one of them is in the team today.

“You’ve got Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and David de Gea and you obviously have Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, who were also at the club as well, so seven out of that 11 were there five years ago.

“The recruitment has not been good enough in the previous five years. It’s been disjointed with David Moyes coming in, then they flipped upwards towards Louis van Gaal and then backwards with Mourinho in terms of the profile of players.

“It hasn’t been good enough, the recruitment, it’s been all over the place and you can see still quite a lot of the players in that squad have been at the club for a long time.”



Paid 600 million pounds "raheem sterling" for $#% on a stick. :lol: :lol: :lol: and some of you have the effrontery to talk about City's spending. smh

anyway, plenty plenty games still dey. As a lot of you love to point out, unlike NDL, the "EPL is not won in December" :lol:

#cosign


But it's 600million since Ferguson retired in 2013.

I personally mentioned that Pep on his own has blown around 400million on City, and he inherited brilliant players like De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Fernandino, Kompany, Sterling, Otamendi etc. That was a good starting point.

Off course a few things haven't gone well with United on the recruitment front, it's a thing i always argue about with fellow supporter @wiseone that Alex Ferguson let the squad fall much behind the City squad, and as such when he retired it became a scramble and panick operation to get back to the top, not to mention the mistake that was Moyes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46847
benteke wrote:

But it's 600million since Ferguson retired in 2013.

I personally mentioned that Pep on his own has blown around 400million on City, and he inherited brilliant players like De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Fernandino, Kompany, Sterling, Otamendi etc. That was a good starting point.

Off course a few things haven't gone well with United on the recruitment front, it's a thing i always argue about with fellow supporter @wiseone that Alex Ferguson let the squad fall much behind the City squad, and as such when he retired it became a scramble and panick operation to get back to the top, not to mention the mistake that was Moyes.



Is it really fair to blame SAF rather than the Glazers? didn't you have a lower net spend than around the time he left?

I agree that Pep has thrown an absurd amount of money at his problems, but you have to put it in context of the absurd transfer market that exists today. And at least it appears he is spending with a purpose to address specific areas that his team struggled with, in defense. It is undeniable that city was ancient in the back and he had to address it. No matter who he went for, in this absurd market, city was always going to overpay. He has a specific way he wants to play and bought players to fit his system.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 309  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group