Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 138  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:lol: :lol:

dear benteke

guess who the coach was for Chelsea
guess who the coach was for United

look at the score


Image

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
we.have.regressed.under.Jose

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
benteke wrote:

On another note, can I ask, do you guys find the current Man Utd of LVG to be the most boring or is the media now exaggerating things a bit.
I know it's not the most exciting stuff but ...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 23777
Location: london
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

On another note, can I ask, do you guys find the current Man Utd of LVG to be the most boring or is the media now exaggerating things a bit.
I know it's not the most exciting stuff but ...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Under LVG, we would have lost against chelsea, crystal palace and liverpool, that is progress, we just have to find a way to match City next season

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

On another note, can I ask, do you guys find the current Man Utd of LVG to be the most boring or is the media now exaggerating things a bit.
I know it's not the most exciting stuff but ...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Under LVG, we would have lost against chelsea, crystal palace and liverpool, that is progress, we just have to find a way to match City next season


Except that we used to beat Liverpool with ease at Anfield, Liverpool only beat United once in the Europa tie at Anfield when the squad was injury ravaged.

LVG used to go toe to toe with City and make a very good account of himself even when he lost at Etihad with 10 men. His team even beat City 4-2.

But then again we are still losing to the Huddersfields, Bristols and Newcastle's of this world. Not to mention we still prone to worrying draws.

I am not saying we have regressed under Mourinho, there have been improvements, but that's expected since we have vastly improved the quality of the squad.

The fans want more :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:
one loss and suddenly the world is falling apart

one loss.

get a grip guys. our last 3 games you guys even tried to find fault with the way we won.

the loss is on the manager's setup (mata, pp and martial on the bench)



I have no love for the Portuguese Pulis but the man just beat Chelshyt and Liverpool and because he got sucker punched by sevilla the response is amazing lol


It was no sucker punch chief, if anything, Seville could have won the away leg if not for De Gea.
United was already living dangerously, that is why there is a lot of discontent.
I usually defend Mourinho but this time of late i am finding it difficult.
Even our win vs Liverpool was very nervy in the end, a lot of fans feel his tactics invite pressure.

That said i look forward to a more positive approach next season together with better transfer strategy in the summer, all is not lost.


so was our win against Arsenal at the Emirates which was even more nervy tbh

dude, get a grip. This is a WINNING manager, not some fly-by-night coach here

Liverpool created ZERO chances in the 2H. They had zero shots on target for all their possession.
JM said you can have the ball but do fk all with it...and that's what happened in that game


No disrespect to Arsenal and Chelsea but these two teams have been much poorer than United this season, and it says as much where they are in the table.
Same for Liverpool to an extent, yes we have beat all these but why do you think most United fans are still expressing concern.
I suspect it's because the way we have played recently, whenever we meet real good attacking teams we will get found out, as has happened already.

The season started very well, but somewhere along the line the good play was lost, and we cannot pretend like all is well. I am not fighting here :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

On another note, can I ask, do you guys find the current Man Utd of LVG to be the most boring or is the media now exaggerating things a bit.
I know it's not the most exciting stuff but ...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Under LVG, we would have lost against chelsea, crystal palace and liverpool, that is progress, we just have to find a way to match City next season


Except that we used to beat Liverpool with ease at Anfield, Liverpool only beat United once in the Europa tie at Anfield when the squad was injury ravaged.

LVG used to go toe to toe with City and make a very good account of himself even when he lost at Etihad with 10 men. His team even beat City 4-2.

But then again we are still losing to the Huddersfields, Bristols and Newcastle's of this world. Not to mention we still prone to worrying draws.

I am not saying we have regressed under Mourinho, there have been improvements, but that's expected since we have vastly improved the quality of the squad.

The fans want more :thumbs:


you have forgotten that under LVG, we lost to poor opposition (in the Prem and also in Cup competitions)

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

On another note, can I ask, do you guys find the current Man Utd of LVG to be the most boring or is the media now exaggerating things a bit.
I know it's not the most exciting stuff but ...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Under LVG, we would have lost against chelsea, crystal palace and liverpool, that is progress, we just have to find a way to match City next season


Except that we used to beat Liverpool with ease at Anfield, Liverpool only beat United once in the Europa tie at Anfield when the squad was injury ravaged.

LVG used to go toe to toe with City and make a very good account of himself even when he lost at Etihad with 10 men. His team even beat City 4-2.

But then again we are still losing to the Huddersfields, Bristols and Newcastle's of this world. Not to mention we still prone to worrying draws.

I am not saying we have regressed under Mourinho, there have been improvements, but that's expected since we have vastly improved the quality of the squad.

The fans want more :thumbs:


you have forgotten that under LVG, we lost to poor opposition (in the Prem and also in Cup competitions)


Indeed we did.
And still we do, we got knocked out of a cup by Bristol, and we have lost to some bad teams like Newcastle in EPL. Not to mention the draws.
But overall the squad quality is better than under LVG.

United definitely has the ability to play much better, we cannot waste Sanchez, he must be utilized to the fullest sooner or later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
tfco wrote:
i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders


We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders


We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders


We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Is he $#% or he just needs time to adjust to the English league.

He has not been that bad so far apart from the few panicky games at first.
I'm sure we might revisit this discussion at a later season :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders


We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Is he $#% or he just needs time to adjust to the English league.

He has not been that bad so far apart from the few panicky games at first.
I'm sure we might revisit this discussion at a later season :thumbs:


He seems to be talented. But he is physically and mentally week. He has a lot to work on.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders


We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Is he $#% or he just needs time to adjust to the English league.

He has not been that bad so far apart from the few panicky games at first.
I'm sure we might revisit this discussion at a later season :thumbs:


He seems to be talented. But he is physically and mentally week. He has a lot to work on.


I think he is still shaky, but he is better than Smalling and Jones so there is room for improvement


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:
i will never pretend all is well, Sevilla game aside

get a decent LB to compete with Shaw/Young
same with a CB
same with RB, even when Fosu-Mensah comes back from Palace
CM

i've said this too many times, JM inherited a sub-standard team and he has worked wonders with the defenders


We are on the same page.
But Mourinho can do better with his tactics, that's what the noise is about.

Remember he also has brilliant defenders like Bailly and Lindelof, but it is understandable that they have not been available most of the time.

But then again remember Van Gaal had a wonderful record with that defence the figures were impressive :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Is he $#% or he just needs time to adjust to the English league.

He has not been that bad so far apart from the few panicky games at first.
I'm sure we might revisit this discussion at a later season :thumbs:


He seems to be talented. But he is physically and mentally week. He has a lot to work on.


I think he is still shaky, but he is better than Smalling and Jones so there is room for improvement


He is NOT close to Jones. not even close. Jone's problem is injuries. if Jones was fit 100% he'd be the best English defender right now.

As much disdain I have for Smalling for being a horrible defender, I just cannot select Lindelof ahead of him. You cant go into battle with a defender that starts shaking once the ball is coming towards him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Posts: 24631
Location: Copacabana
Lindelof have stopped shaking though :lol:
I'm beginning to see why they bought him. I definitely bet on him being ahead of Smalling & Jones going into the next season :thumb: .

_________________
Image
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES - Fly Above the Storm!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
YemiBrazil wrote:
Lindelof have stopped shaking though :lol:
I'm beginning to see why they bought him. I definitely bet on him being ahead of Smalling & Jones going into the next season :thumb: .


You guys are looking to bring in TWO defenders nest season. Those 3 wont be starting ahead of anybody next season. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
YemiBrazil wrote:
Lindelof have stopped shaking though :lol:
I'm beginning to see why they bought him. I definitely bet on him being ahead of Smalling & Jones going into the next season :thumb: .


The main reason United doesn't start build up play from the back is because of Jones and Smalling :biggrin:
I think Lindelof was brought in to help that situation, so if he settles then we can be good to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36017
Location: Somewhere
The Portuguese Pulis says you guys lack heritage :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
dear benteke

guess who was the United coach when this disaster happened?

hint: not Moyes, LVG, JM

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6758
tfco wrote:
dear benteke

guess who was the United coach when this disaster happened?

hint: not Moyes, LVG, JM


Which one
There was is no video or picture to go with your question :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
do.not.look.now


_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72772
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
facts.are.so.boring

the great Jose Mourinho...see what he did



_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 138  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gochino, Google [Bot], ikeo, Majestic-12 [Bot], txj and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group