Aloysius Paulus van Gaal

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Aloysius Paulus van Gaal

Post by tfco »

the club issued a statement denying it, meaning he's the one.

This Class of '92 BS coming out in the papers needs to stop.

Give them 3 more games and have Giggs and Scholes work under the new boss.
Last edited by tfco on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LVG

Post by The YeyeMan »

I hope the Class of 92 get the gig. More fun for the rest of us. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A master tactician by his own admission. Louis Van Gaal.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Coach wrote:A master tactician by his own admission. Louis Van Gaal.
But he does not take nonsense from anybody. The media will hate him because he will spend every press conference lecturing them :D
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Vincent. wrote:
But he does not take nonsense from anybody. The media will hate him because he will spend every press conference lecturing them :D
It'll be brilliant. He won't take crap from Ferguson, Rooney, the media, nada. Unfortunately, the days of silly defeats at home will be over if he goes there.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

He is bound to fail....
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

ManU is a thief. He is supposed to takeover from TS.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Its a Goal wrote:ManU is a thief. He is supposed to takeover from TS.
:D
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Giggs is the 'new' Guardiola apparently.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It appears he will only take it if Patrick Kluivert is his assistant.

We go see. I am liking Patrick Kliuvert's transition to coaching.

Really really nice.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Vincent. wrote:
...funny enough the same thing U hate Jose for.. :boo:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

announcement to be made any day now.

Nike and Umbro fighting for the shirt deal...i'm hearing GBP600MM.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Welcome to the Prem MR van Gaal

My letter to you is in the works.
Last edited by tfco on Fri May 09, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...general consensus in the press is that he doesnt scare nobody...yet to be seen
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

from the United forum; interesting piece
Louis van Gaal - The Man
I think a lot of people by now have been told that he's a bit of a nutcase. Well.. he is. But I think that's a good trait. With being a manager of a club like ours being such a huge job, you need a huge character like Sir Alex and Mourinho, you need someone who is good with ego's and good with the press; and van Gaal certainly is. But bear in mind that sometimes it was a bad attribute for Sir Alex at times e.g. Shipping out Stam, van Nistelrooy etc. likewise it has been for van Gaal and many others, but for the majority of their tenures, it has made them a big success.

You're probably wondering what has van Gaal done that was so controversial. Well, he's showed Luca Toni his balls. Yeah, he also sold him soon after that. He also sold Lucio, never really gave him a chance despite him being Bayern's best CB. But, however, took Bayern to the CL Finals with BlueMoon's Demichelis and van Buyten holding a high back line, quite ingenious in my opinion. He'd also fell out with the legend Rivaldo during his Barca managerial career, so sometimes he does have these moments but every good manager does.

Trophies: He's won almost everything. With his legendary Ajax side, he dominated European football. He won 3 league trophies and the Champions League with his Ajax side as well as winning 7 other trophies during his 1991-1997 managerial tenure. He built a squad that consisted of great players he developed like our friend Van Der Sar, Frank De Boer, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Davids etc. and beat a Milan squad for the CL that had Baresi, Desailly, Maldini etc.
He then joined Barca, won the La Liga twice, Copa Del Rey once and won the Super Cup in 3 years.
He also had tenures at Dutch National Manager before going back to Barca for a year and to AZ where he won the Dutch League's Trophy again.
But his most recent tenure at being a club manager was under Bayern. He won the Bundesliga and the German equivalent of the FA Cup and Community Shield during his two years.

His Attacking Philosophy and Tactics
I think it's fair to say that if we were to appoint him, it'd be a massive relief because the football played under Moyes was stone age and defensive, van Gaal's is COMPLETELY the opposite. This guy will take you for a ride for sure. Expect a high line, possession football and generally a 4-3-3 formation which has tactical tweaks in game. His philosophy is very entertaining. He talks about a collective approach to a game with having responsibility. In essence, he presses intensely and tries to retain possession instantly. This is where Guardiola got this ideas from as he was a player under van Gaal. His way to win football was to outscore the opponent, but he also stresses the importance having a solid back line. But he wants one CB to always go into midfield when he has possession so that there is an extra man. This means no hoofing so expect us to play from the back. Something he also likes to implement is playing in triangles, something that when executed in the right tempo is just mesmerising and exquisite. Here's a diagram to show you but he also plays the 4-2-3-1 version at times as well.
He revolutionised Bayern Munich. He took over a team that played 4-4-2 and where half his team where unfit to play the modern football style of football. The same style that made Bayern what it is today.

His Ability to Buy and Sell Players
To tell you the truth, he wasn't he best at this. During his time at Bayern he worked with a Director of Football and therefore never got the chance to sign players (He only signed two personally, both were average). However, he was in charge of given the final nod to sign players like Arjen Robben who became a star under him. He didn't really sell well too. Like I said before, he sold Lucio and Toni. He wasn't really a man who signed big stars because he wasn't always in charge to do that with Presidents and all these people involved so it will be interesting to see what could happen if he was appointed manager. But to make up for this, he was excellent at something else.

His Coaching and Working With Youngsters
He was absolutely amazing at this. He promoted Alaba and was the one who realised Alaba would be a better LB than a CM and made Schweinsteiger a CM when he was previously a winger. He introduced Badstuber to the first team and made Muller an instant starter. He also developed players like Kroos too. This is one of his best attributes. He can get the best out of a lot of players and loves making players better. He set the foundations for Heynckes and Guardiola. He initiated this massive change for Bayern and worked wonders. He created this style of attacking football for Bayern and after asking a lot of Bayern fans, they also agreed that he was the catalyst of this great Bayern side. This happened with Barcelona too. He created this current Barca team by developing Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes etc. and set a foundation for future managers.

Conclusion, Pros, Cons and My Opinion
Pros:
Fantastic with Youth
Excellent Football - attacking, pressing, possession and 4-3-3
Has a plan
Managed big clubs
Has experience
Tactically astute
Has an ego
Can revolutionise a club for the better
Won Trophies
Brave
Hard Working

Cons:
Has an ego
Old
Hasn't managed a club for a 3 years
Fell out with a few players
Wants to play his way, if players don't suit it they will play less
Not the best at buying or selling players but wasn't given enough freedom to do so
Only sticks about for a few years

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Cons: public exhibitionist, penchant for indecent exposure with a lopsided scrotum more wrinkled than Gordon Ramsey's forehead, according to Luca Toni. Not quite Prof Pulis, but better than the 'New Guardiola'.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:

He's ours.

A master manager.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:^Cons: public exhibitionist, penchant for indecent exposure with a lopsided scrotum more wrinkled than Gordon Ramsey's forehead, according to Luca Toni. Not quite Prof Pulis, but better than the 'New Guardiola'.
mugu

who will play false 9?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Krul
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

False nine: Jordan Ayew.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap:

He's ours.

A master manager.
...best way to say it on a day like this...A master manager...
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:False nine: Jordan Ayew.
mugu, did you see tactics on display today?

no midfield, end-to-end football.

:roll:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Master manager for playing a draw with Costa Rica? Master manager whose team could not score a single goal?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”